If Trophies had been around back then....... My first plat would have been....

Big_Daddy_Lee_68

Pokémon Red ?

Every kid back then was watching the cartoon, collecting the cards, and of course playing the game. But I was the only odd one who actually catched them all and completed their pokedex. Except for Mew of course, you had to either hack the game or attend official Nintendo events.

Edited by WildZubatAppears
  • Like 2

I remember the frustration that was Pitfall.  I don't think I ever figured out just where the hell you were supposed to go.  Just kept going for the 20 minutes until the game froze.

My first platinum probably would have been Streets of Rage on the Sega Genesis followed by Flashback also on the Genesis.  I loved both of those games and remember them fondly.  I hear Flashback is supposed to get a proper sequel soon. 

Spyro the Dragon on PS1, instead it was my 99th/100th platinum on PS4. My first PC platinum would have to be RollerCoaster Tycoon. I played the absolute mess out of those two games as a kid.

By the way, in case anyone didn't know, lots of people are working hard to add achievements to these beloved games over at RetroAchievements, I definitely recommend checking it out if you are interested in that sort of thing ?

• Like 1

I didn't play any video games back then, but I was able to play some fun games on my friend's retro gaming set up before he moved away.

Some of the games that I still remember playing were:

The Adventure of Lolo series.
It was fun trying to solve the puzzles without looking any of them up since it was just process of elimination.

I remember multiple times the Don Medusa monster catching me by surprise and scaring me with its kill attack.  

HPwSmdZ.png

Adventure Island
I remember dying a lot trying to get to the end of the game, but I never reached the end of the game.

pk7M8Uz.jpg

The Adventures of Mighty Max
I watched a few of the episodes on YouTube and was curious to see what kind of game could be created based on the show.  

ijl3GSg.jpg

Mickey Mousecapade
It was fun seeing the different Disney characters.  I remember the Pirate Pete boss being tough.

I15UPxf.jpg

Who Framed Roger Rabbit
It took me a while to figure out how to progress the story at certain points.  I made it all the way up to Judge Doom, but did not manage to defeat him.

6cCqxu0.jpg

Edited by sweeping-lamp3
  • Like 1

The first game I fully completed was the first Spyro game when I was about 10. Clearing the bonus loot level at the end of the game was so satisfying, it was the peak of my childhood gaming memories. It was great to finally platinum that a couple of years back. 

Special mention for Tiger Woods 2005. Completing the trophy room on my career became an obsession, changing the clock on the ps2 system over and over again to finish the real time events, earning all the golf balls, the trophies… yeah, that game is probably why I really enjoy collecting trophies now. 

Gameboy: Super Mario Land 2: 6 Golden Coins, Kirby`s Dream Land or Darkwing Duck

Super Nintendo: Super Mario World, Breath of Fire 2 or Secret of Evermore

Nintendo 64: Mystical Ninja Starring Goemon, Snowboard Kids or Beetle Adventure Racing

Playstation: Suikoden, Vandal Hearts or Evil Zone

Gameboy Advance: Zone of the Enders: The Fist of Mars, Godzilla Domination or Mobile Suit Gundam: Seed Battle Assault

Playstation 2: Primal, Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver 2 or Kessen