If Trophies had been around back then....... My first plat would have been....

Big_Daddy_Lee_68

If we go off just first games ever played, it would definitely be Pokémon Blue, Red, and Yellow. The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening would be on my profile as partially complete as it wasn't until like middle school that I managed to beat it. 

First Playstation platinums would have been Syphon Filter 1 and 2, Stuart Little, Ratchet and Clank, Jak and Daxter, and tge first Sly Cooper.

Might and Magic VI is the one game I know every inch of.

If the requirements aren't too unreasonable, then these too:

• Super Mario Bros 3. - (Spawning all secret powerups, completing all levels or speedrunning should give me trouble)
  • Thief: The Dark Project - I never managed to get all treasures (a guide would fix that), otherwise I do stuff like speedrunning without sound and using a touchpad lol
  • Outcast - Well, I have the platinum & wrote the guide for the remake, so that's proven.

Donkey Kong 64. It was the game that came with the system when i bought it with the money i had worked for the whole summer vacation. I spend countless hours trying to gather every collectible and 101% the game since it was the only game i had for like a year.

Still having nightmares when thinking of how many retries it took to win the races against that Beetle.?

Horace Goes Skiing on the Commodore 64.

Not a lot to do in the game but I do remember spending hours running backwards and forwards across the road gaining as high of a score as possible, all this to take a photograph and send it to Commodore User (magazine).

Unfortunately when the photographs were developed all you could see was a black screen. Very disappointed.

With that said, the time I put into the game I think that would have been my first platinum.

• Like 2

Spyro: Year of the Dragon (managed to get that on the reignited trilogy though :D)

Sonic Heroes (got Sonic Forces plat, but would love a Heroes remaster)

More S's - Smackdown vs Raw 2006 for the wrestling game I played the most.

Bit of a more modern one, Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games or Carnival on the Wii, went for every accomplishment on both these games at the time anyways!

Edited by groomyboy

I guess mine would be Double Dragon on the Amstrad PC1512. My brother and I played it for hours, and not just because of the frame rate.

3 hours ago, pinkrobot_pb said:

The first Rick Dangerous on the PC. Not many people remember it fondly, but it was all we and my brother played back in the day. Hard as nails and I do not think we ever completed it. But if trophies and trophy guides had been a thing back then, who knows.

I played this too! It was solid. I've just watched the video you linked and seen how to get past the part I was stuck on ?

• Like 1

Jak II Renegade and GTA: Vice City were one of the first games I 100% back in the day.

FFX comes close, though I never managed to beat the dark aeons or complete the sphere grid.

GTA:SA I probably finished 4 or 5 times, everytime with the intention to 100% it but dropping it usually when it came to all the collectibles. The guide book I owned was full with scribbles. :D 

Speaking of guidebooks.. those were something special back in the day, just loved reading through them.

• Like 1

Spider-Man (PS1) I would say this game, but I played this as a very young kid, didn't know where to go and couldn't read yet. But still manage to beat it blindly.

But my first would be: GTA: San Andreas (PS2) I beated the story tons of times as a kid and did all the collectibles multiple times, so this would definitely be my first one.

I'd definitely say WWF No Mercy. I probably put more hours in that game than I have in nearly any game I've played over the last 10 years, and I think I did just about everything there was to do. Looking back, I'm surprised I never got bored of that game. But I could sit and play it for hours and hours and still find different things I wanted to do. I wish I had my N64 and cartridge so I could look back at my created wrestlers and all the unlockable items I bought.

Probably Pitfall. As a kid, I beat that game, getting every treasure. I even sent in a photograph to get one of those old Activision patches (which were flippin' awesome, by the way).

It might be Superman, though I recall having real issues beating the game on its highest difficulty. Lex Luthor and his crew kept stealing my bridge, and that stupid Kryptonite. Haunted House is another possibility, but again, as a kid, the highest difficulty was no joke.

On 9/2/2022 at 11:20 AM, SeedersPhD said:

Also, some of y'alls may be interested in https://retroachievements.org/. People get together to make achievements for old games. Not perfect but it is pretty nifty!

This is really cool! Thanks for sharing!

Looks like I may have been close to the platinum in WWF No Mercy based on that site's list.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Since Trophies weren't around when XBOX already had achievements, I can say that my first "Platinum" (as in: got all the cheevos) was The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion :D

But if we go really retro, it would have been one of the three Mario's on the NES (probably Mario 3) or Tetris.