If Trophies had been around back then....... My first plat would have been....

Big_Daddy_Lee_68

There are three games that I think could've been my first platinum.
The first one would be Banjo Kazooie, I adore this game to this day, my favorite game of my childhood!
Luigi's Mansion is a game I completed over and over again as well, even though I was kinda scared playing this :D
And Pikmin 2 would've also been possible, I loved collecting and reading all the notes you could get and feeding the enemies pikpik carrots lol

Edit: I just remembered The Lion King for the Super Nintendo, I was a massive fanboy and played this game almost religiously. It could be a contender for the first platinum ?

Edited by PraiseTheFluppi
  • Like 1

There are a handful of games this topic made me think of. On the NES, I loved the three Super Mario games growing up, so those are obvious choices for me. Not sure how many trophies could be squeezed out of those games, but they are among the few games I can play over and over again without hesitation. Also on that console, Tecmo Super Bowl was among my favorite sports games of all time. I may or may not have had the computer simulate multiple complete NFL seasons, so older me would be all over trophies.

For Sony games, nothing speaks to me like Gran Turismo 4. I got 100% completion in the game, plus gold in all licenses. For anyone who hasn't played it, mission 34 is a gem-mint 10 in terms of difficulty, especially in the NTSC version. Absolutely brutal, but beating it remains my proudest moment as a gamer. I also beat all licenses in Gran Turismo 3, but never completed all the races and my PS2 eventually broke. GT4 still has my heart either way, because it was my first GT game. If there's one game I wish could have retrospective trophies over any other, this is the one.

If they ever made a PS3 drive for the PS5, I'd love to go for the platinum in GT6 (GT5 is unobtainable and would probably break me anyone). I was busy with college during most of my PS3 years (and I wasn't gaming online back then), so I never spent too much time with any one game back then, and I certainly wasn't gunning for trophies. I should also mention Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2005 from the PS2 era, because I loved that game and it did have a trophy room with many collectibles to earn from the various modes. Very ahead of its time in that regard.

On 3/6/2013 at 5:17 PM, Big_Daddy_Lee_68 said:

If trophies had been around back then, my first plat would have been…

The first video game I ever played in my entire life, if my brain isn’t hiding any previous memory from me, was a Formula 1 video game on a portable console. I don’t remember the name of the game or the name of the console, so I’ll skip this.

Surely it would have been one of the six games that came inside the game cartridge that my Sega Mega Drive had:

I don’t remember exactly which was the first one I played of the six, but I know that I finished at 100% a bunch of times the last three: Revenge of Shinobi, Sonic 1 and Streets of Rage.

Columns was an infinite game, so I would probably have won a trophy for reaching a very high score.

As for Sega Soccer and Super Monaco GP, I remember spending my afternoons playing soccer world championships and Formula 1 championships, respectively.

It was a varied and balanced cartridge, which gave me countless hours of play in my earliest childhood.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Definitely Jak 1. First game I ever 100%ed in my life. Second would be Resident Evil 4. Yes that's a huge jump in difficulty but I loved the game so much I wanted to keep playing. Beat professional, separate ways, S ranked all Mercenaries stages and unlocked and bought all infinite ammo weapons. 

• Like 1