Hilariously Inappropriate

AffectatiousDonk

I think you read my mind :) I was on it last night and it really wasn't what I was expecting. The story mode was about 4 or 5 hours long - and that's just one of the four protagonists. My review summed up the game as Goat simulator meets Micro Machines!

I do see people have already started crapping on the graphics and randomness of the game, I guess they've not seen all the crazy Japanese gameshows out there. Personally, I really enjoyed the game - it had a few flaws and a tonne of glitches (which were all funny and non-game breaking), but it didn't stop me being unable to turn it off until I'd won the story mode and played a few rounds of Shopping Trolly Bowling!

Here's my review: http://www.gamepitt.co.uk/nippon-marathon-ps4-review/

TL;DR, if you can look past the simplistic graphics and find janky and glitchy, yet non-game breaking physics funny, then you're bound to like Nippon Marathon. The story, which you can't skip or speed up, is also rather bonkers and hilarious at times. 

Nice review, I am playing the lobster boy story and your description of “batshit crazy “ is on point. I would recommend the full marathon if you go back it takes maybe 90 mins but seems to do all the courses. Truly like being on a Japanese game show. At one point I was being chased by tiny sausage dogs, just fantastic.

Edited by Cjshai

• 3 weeks later...