Playstation Plus (NA) June

Dead Weight

I'm really upset that they are replacing orc attack (a true ps vita game and brand new I might add) for a psp game that is a cheap monster hunter clone.  PSP has always seemed like a cheap way to make vita owners happy while giving away what is overpriced to begin with.    

I understand that the game wasn't ready and that it was delayed but give us something actually utilizes vita's touch screen.  hell, give us machinarium the thing that was supposed to be cross buy but then was removed without even a "my bad" from the poster of the update. 

But don't feed me shit and tell me it's champagne, I'm pretty sure I know the difference.

I'm really upset that they are replacing orc attack (a true ps vita game and brand new I might add) for a psp game that is a cheap monster hunter clone.  PSP has always seemed like a cheap way to make vita owners happy while giving away what is overpriced to begin with.    

I understand that the game wasn't ready and that it was delayed but give us something actually utilizes vita's touch screen.  hell, give us machinarium the thing that was supposed to be cross buy but then was removed without even a "my bad" from the poster of the update. 

But don't feed me shit and tell me it's champagne, I'm pretty sure I know the difference.

At first i was confused by your post but i checked the blog post you are indeed correct

Orc Attack is replaced by Gods Eater Burst

I updated the OP with this change

And I agree with your opinon, If I wanted to play PSP games then I would play it on my PSP not on my Vita

More games are coming as soon as next week I think.

Again I will say it, even though I have Deus Ex & SR3, I am extremely happy with this update and good to see some games moved out in favor of other cool games. Granted they are a bit older, but still fun games nonetheless.

If you are not a PS+ member, this update may help convince you to join. Myself I usually have most games that are free, but my primary function for the + membership is dicounts on games/dlc I don't already have. Getting a cool game that I don't already own is just a bonus.

I already have 100% on Deus Ex and Machinarium. Hopefully, the Vita version of Machinarium will also be free so I can get another easy 100% :D  I'm looking forward to Saints Row. This is why I love plus, because it gives me games that I would not have considered playing (like Sleeping Dogs) and they turn out to be brilliant. 

• Like 1

hi!

when you download a game on ps+ is that your game to keep for ever as long as you have ps+ or are you no longer able to play it after the month is up and leaves the ps store for the next round of games???

hi!

when you download a game on ps+ is that your game to keep for ever as long as you have ps+ or are you no longer able to play it after the month is up and leaves the ps store for the next round of games???

It's yours until your ps+ subsription expires as long as your renew you can keep playing the games.

• Like 1

hi!

yep, as long as you still subscribe to ps+ you can play th game, once the subscription expires you can't play the games, it's basically a rental, however when you renew your subscription you can find th games you downloaded from your old ps+ subscription ind the download list, like nothing never happened....take note that you still keep any other freebie like themes and avatar and games at discount prices whether or not you are subscribed so no need to worry about that :)

• Like 1

i am still waiting for dark cloud 1 and 2 and rouge galaxy to hit the EU and US playstation store as a ps2 classic at least, they already released dark cloud 1 in the JAP playstation store but i need the US or EU version cause the japanese version don't have the demon's shaft area.

also hoping for ape escape 1, 2, 3 and an english version of million monkey at least as a ps2 classic along side the wild arms ps2 series.

long list of ps2 classic i know but i still hoping it would happen someday. 

This is getting out of hand, I almost feel guilty about getting all these games free. Almost.......  :D

I signed up for PS+ sometime in 2011, and this is without a doubt the best way to spend $50 on video games. 

This is brilliant business too. Because they are going to talk about PS+ and the instant game collection at E3. Having a collection of this caliber really emphasizes the fact that while XBLA might be more popular, PS+ is head and shoulders above it. 

• Like 1

This is getting out of hand, I almost feel guilty about getting all these games free. Almost.......  :D

I signed up for PS+ sometime in 2011, and this is without a doubt the best way to spend $50 on video games. 

This is brilliant business too. Because they are going to talk about PS+ and the instant game collection at E3. Having a collection of this caliber really emphasizes the fact that while XBLA might be more popular, PS+ is head and shoulders above it. 

its definately  a good deal but i prefer physical copies as i can trade them afterwards. however if the right games come along i will subscribe to it.

awww Sleeping Dog no more?? Guess I missed out.

Every Wednesday or something (it typically updates Tuesday, but there's no guarantee it will and at what time) go to PS+ and download every free game. You don't have install it, as soon as the download starts just hit cancel. 

Buy doing that it will stay in your downloads list and you can download and play it at your leisure (as long as your still a PS+ member). That way you'll never miss out on a game.  :)

its definately  a good deal but i prefer physical copies as i can trade them afterwards. however if the right games come along i will subscribe to it.

I can completely understand your point of view.

But let me throw something out there. True you can't trade in a digital copy and use that towards a new game.

I think of it this way: I pay $49.99 a year for PS+. To figure out what the games are really costing me you take the $50 and divide that by the number of free games I receive.  So far in 2013  I have downloaded 17 PSN/PS3 and 9 Vita games that I have either played or will play when I get through the others. That's works out to around $1.90 per game and the year is not quite half over yet. So for me it's a no brainer.  

Now if you are only going to play a single game then it's not really worth it, but I think somewhere in the neighborhood of a dozen games on your list have been free on PSN at some point. So just something to think about because it might make sense for you.

Edited by mturismo

Every Wednesday or something (it typically updates Tuesday, but there's no guarantee it will and at what time) go to PS+ and download every free game. You don't have install it, as soon as the download starts just hit cancel. 

Buy doing that it will stay in your downloads list and you can download and play it at your leisure (as long as your still a PS+ member). That way you'll never miss out on a game.  :)

I can completely understand your point of view.

But let me throw something out there. True you can't trade in a digital copy and use that towards a new game.

I think of it this way: I pay $49.99 a year for PS+. To figure out what the games are really costing me you take the $50 and divide that by the number of free games I receive.  So far in 2013  I have downloaded 17 PSN/PS3 and 9 Vita games that I have either played or will play when I get through the others. That's works out to around $1.90 per game and the year is not quite half over yet. So for me it's a no brainer.  

Now if you are only going to play a single game then it's not really worth it, but I think somewhere in the neighborhood of a dozen games on your list have been free on PSN at some point. So just something to think about because it might make sense for you.

i understand mate but i rarely buy a game at full price! (battlefield 3 being the last one) 

also i prefer a physical copy just like i prefer cds over mp3's, plus digital games take ages to download.

this month would be pointless for me as the only game i would want is UC3 which is cheap anyway!

but i am def looking into getting ps+ 

i understand mate but i rarely buy a game at full price! (battlefield 3 being the last one) 

also i prefer a physical copy just like i prefer cds over mp3's, plus digital games take ages to download.

this month would be pointless for me as the only game i would want is UC3 which is cheap anyway!

That all makes sense. 

Slightly off topic but I'm interested in your opinion, what is it about cd's that make you prefer those to mp3's?

I think you are a little too skeptical to this ps+ thing, maybe try to get a 30 days trail (its free) and test it, you get up to 3 AAA games every month there is a 50% probability that you have played one of them, but looking at how things are with games right now meaning that its almost impossible to get every AAA game that launches at release date there will probably be some good games that you have missed. Example, I have a huge backlog of games, yet I've missed a lot of games, like Hitman:Absolution, that game was on ps+ FOR FREE, so I got it and its there waiting for me to start it and I can start it any time, other huge games that I was planning to buy and got for free? , LBP2, Sleeping Dogs, Vanquish, Saint Row The Third, and many more, if you sum it up all those games new add up to $100 or more and I get them for either $50 subscription or the $17 one, not counting other free stuff and huge discounts. 

Updated the OP with the new yearly games

which i have mixed feelings about

Somehow i just knew they would replace LBP2 with LBPK, not sure i'll be playing that seeing as it got harsh reviews

Uncharted 3 is great but unless you just bought a ps3 then you should have already played this game a year ago.

I'll probably try out XCOM but I've heard its better played on the PC

Only game I am looking forward to is X-Com as I have already played UC3 and have zero interest in the LBP series.

But I knew more was coming and they released some bonafide games this month. My poor HDD is needs a serious update to 1TB very soon.

Wow, nice. Never knew that little trick.