10 Things I Hate About Games, An Event (Event Over -- Badges Distributed)

4 hours ago, eigen-space said:

@ZachGM91, I would suggest NOT doing that Buzz game. According to the trophy guide on PST, the platinum is unobtainable due to server closures, and no one has gotten the plat since 2014. If you still wanted to use it, I'd accept the game for the event if you got all trophies except the unobtainable ones.

Well, crap. Back to the drawing board. Thanks for warning me a head of time before I tried buying those expensive controllers.

Plan B just might be buying a PlayStation Move.

@eigen-space Would the following trophy count for the multiplayer category:

https://psnprofiles.com/trophy/2704-guacamelee-super-turbo-championship-edition/36-dream-team

It's for beating an arena with at least two people. The game only has local co-op though, which would mean I can use a second controller to get this trophy.

26 minutes ago, eigen-space said:

@MarkusT1992, yes, this would be fine. It would be no different than playing an online fighting game where you have 2 PS4s and joining a lobby with your alternate profile imo. So long as the trophy requires having two "real" players (versus one real and one AI), it's good enough for the event.

Yeah, it either solo or human players. There are no AIs in that game.

Category

Game

Qualifier

EZPZ

CROSS CHANNEL ~For all people~ ps3

91,91% Completion

Ultra Rare

Warhammer 40,000: Inquisitor - Martyr ps4

4,96% Completion

Platinum-less

x

x

Unpopular

Semispheres vita

Asian Vita, 189 owners

DLC

Dante's Inferno ps3

Trials of St. Lucia

Difficulty

Wolfenstein: The New Order ps4

Über hero trophy

Speed Run

Broken Age vita

Let's Get this Good Time Over With trophy

Multiplayer

Resistance: Burning Skies vita

Incite trophy

Peripherals

Job Simulator ps4

PSVR

Bad Rep

Ride To Hell: Retribution ps3

Worst Game of 2013

I don't play games without platinum trophies. Fight me.

Edited by grifteskymfning
changed EZPZ game
  • Like 1

@eigen-space what a great idea for an event! Sign me up please ?

CATEGORY

GAME (With Region/Version) QUALIFIER
EZPZ AER (NA) :platinum: 80.40%
Ultra Rare Uncharted 4: A Thief's End :platinum: 0.74% (100% Completion)
Platinum-Less

North (NA) ✔️

No Beautiful Platinum Trophy 
Unpopular Super Kids Racing (NA) ✔️ 1219 Owners
DLC Gravity Rush (Vita) :platinum: Maid Pack
Difficulty Uncharted: Golden Abyss :platinum: Charted! - Crushing
Speed Run Sigi (Vita - NA) :platinum: Score 100%
MP Far Cry: New Dawn :platinum: Online Co-op Trophy
Peripherals Hidden Agenda :platinum: Playlink
Bad Rep Leaving Lyndow ✔️ User Score - 4.5

Categories currently completed: 10/10

Edited by MattyH16

3 minutes ago, Kent10201 said:

Finished up Spider-Man Shattered Dimensions for the speed run category. The spectacular trophy requires you to get a plat rank on each of the 12 levels in the game. That requires you to get a plat rank in combo, emblems and time so I had to speed run all of the levels. That's probably the one I was most nervous about out of the way so hopefully I should be able to complete the rest of the list. 

Hum, Sorry Kent, but I think it will not count since the contest hasn't actually started. (Starts on January 12th)

• Like 1

Okay, I've done some thinking into games for the event. May change (it depends on the trophy list of KH3 really) but here's the current plan (I added links to the trophy lists/Metacritic page and I'll add them to trophy names once I've made decisions on those games):

Category

Game (With Region/Version)   Qualifier
 EZPZ

Dark Arcana: The Carnival

(not started)

Completion 83.42% 
 Ultra Rare

Hollow Knight (EU)

(just the last Pantheon to go)

Completion 4.57%
 Platinum-Less 

Kingdom Hearts 0.2 Birth By Sleep: A Fragmentary Passage 

(not started) 

Unpopular

Final Fantasy XV Multiplayer: Comrades (EU)

(not started)

441 Owners
 DLC  Little Nightmares  ALL OF THEM
 Difficulty

??? I'm hoping KH3 will have a difficulty trophy

Trophy Name(s)

Speed Run  ??? Probably an Uncharted game or Last Guardian...  Trophy Name(s)
 MP

??? I hate multiplayer...

Trophy Name(s)
 Peripherals  That's You!  Phones x 6
 Bad Rep

Crystal Rift

(not started)

37 Metascore
  • Like 1

Category

Game (With Region/Version) Qualifier
EZPZ  Old Man's Journey   88% Avg.
Ultra Rare  The Swindle  1.11% Avg.
Platinum-Less  Soma  No Platinum
Unpopular  Suicide Guy  1,446 owners
DLC  Lords of the Fallen  Ancient Labyrinth 
Difficulty  Uncharted The Lost Legacy  Progress Demands Sacrifice
Speed Run  Bioshock (PS4)  DLC (3 trophies)
MP  CN Battle Crashers  Best Friend Forever
Peripherals  The Playroom  PS Camera
Bad Rep  Tennis in the Face PS4

4.9 User score

Edited by Sofa King
updated list

Well, damn. Was going to switch up my UR game to 2064: Read Only Memories, but within the last couple days it has gone from UR to 5.08% rarity. The couple folks that named this as their game of choice for the category are still good to go. Let this be a cautionary tale to everyone to name the games that they're thinking about doing before they become ineligible ?

• Like 1

20 hours ago, eigen-space said:

Well, damn. Was going to switch up my UR game to 2064: Read Only Memories, but within the last couple days it has gone from UR to 5.08% rarity. The couple folks that named this as their game of choice for the category are still good to go. Let this be a cautionary tale to everyone to name the games that they're thinking about doing before they become ineligible 1f605.png

Lucky for me, I won't have that issue.  The plat for Ys Origin on PS4 is even more rare than the Vita one is and when I get that I may end up with two Ys Origin plats in my rarest trophies showcase.  You should join me and play it.

1 minute ago, ladynadiad said:

You should join me and play it.

Eventually, maybe even for this event... I was trying to do 2064 so I could double up with Monthly Madness since it fits that event, but instead I decided to swap out my Speed Run game (A Rose in the Twilight) for Broken Age to align with that event :)

Is Ys Origin a good place to start that series? I haven't played another Ys game and don't intend to play anything that's not on Vita/PS3/PS4 (I know there's a couple on PSP and even more on PC).

1 hour ago, eigen-space said:

Eventually, maybe even for this event... I was trying to do 2064 so I could double up with Monthly Madness since it fits that event, but instead I decided to swap out my Speed Run game (A Rose in the Twilight) for Broken Age to align with that event :)

Is Ys Origin a good place to start that series? I haven't played another Ys game and don't intend to play anything that's not on Vita/PS3/PS4 (I know there's a couple on PSP and even more on PC).

It's not a terrible start for the series.  I know of people who did start with it and enjoyed it.  The gameplay style is definitely a bit different than the rest of the series though and it's definitely shorter and harder than Memories of Celceta and Lacrimosa of Dana.  Ys Origin is a prequel for I and II which is one of those PSP and PC ones.  Playing Ys Origin first will spoil some of the mystery for I and II, but Origin is still a good self-contained story with fun gameplay.  I tend to recommend Memories of Celceta for a first foray into the series for Playstation gamers and Ark of Napishtim for PC gamers, but really outside of trying to play II before I, you can start with any title in the series because outside of I and II they are all self contained plots within the same world detailing various adventures.  Origin is just a bit unique in that you don't play as Adol for the story mode because it takes place 700 years before Adol's adventure in I.  Adol is the protag for every other game in the series and the series is pretty much the chronicles of his various adventures in saving the world many times over.  However, Memories of Celceta and Lacrimosa of Dana have a party system so via your party members you get a lot of different playstyles too.  The main difference between Origin and the other PSN Ys games is those have the party system where you have a party of three and can swap between party members and Origin is played with a solo character.

• Like 1

On 8.1.2019 at 6:05 AM, eigen-space said:

Well, damn. Was going to switch up my UR game to 2064: Read Only Memories, but within the last couple days it has gone from UR to 5.08% rarity. The couple folks that named this as their game of choice for the category are still good to go. Let this be a cautionary tale to everyone to name the games that they're thinking about doing before they become ineligible 1f605.png

Damn. The Plat is at 5.11% by now :/ it being UR was the only reason i started the game xD

I'm gonna switch it. I'm working on Wet too and i'm certain that will stay an UR for a while longer. But i'm struggling with chapter 6 :(

Edited by Evil_Joker88

Just now, Evil_Joker88 said:

Damn. The Plat is at 5.11% by now :/ it being UR was the only reason i started the game xD

I purchased it well before it was on PS+, and the rarity was around 3.5% xD

I think this is one of the odd cases where being on PS+ has made something LESS rare.

1 hour ago, eigen-space said:

@NetEntity, I'd advise against that game. The speedrun trophy wasn't bad, but the bonus level and the no-death run are extremely brutal. I personally haven't been able to do the no-death one after dozens of attempts ?

The bonus level was miserable, but the no-death run is only one level....it wasn't that bad (I did it twice ?)

Question for the UR - I have Atomine that I'm working on. It has a 4% plat right now (only 2 people have it). However, since only 50 people own the game (which is a shame, it's pretty good), when I get the plat the rarity will go to 6%.

Will that count? Otherwise I'll probably use Escape Plan, and use Atomine for the unpopular category.

@diskdocx, the game's rarity is based off of when you announce it as your game. So if you say right now that you'll be using it as your UR, you're good. If you wait until after you've completed it (and if it is no longer a UR at that time), then it would not count.

And damn... completed that no-death run twice? I must have done that level 30-50 times and failed miserably each time. The bonus level took me probably 20-30 runs. Stupid cat.