10 Things I Hate About Games, An Event (Event Over -- Badges Distributed)

14 minutes ago, Crimson Idol said:

As there's a PvP-trophy it should count:

https://psnprofiles.com/trophy/2096-final-fantasy-xiv-a-realm-reborn/37-slay-thy-neighbor

And I don't think doing a raid as a single person would be doable either. :D 

Great! Thanks!

Now I can have a complete list :D (changes are in bold)

Game (With Region/Version) Qualifier
EZPZ Old Man's Journey (PS4 - EU/NA) 80.77%
Ultra Rare Grand Kingdom (Vita - EU/NA) 1.18%
Platinum-Less Doodle Devil (PS4 - EU) no shiny plat
Unpopular The Witch and the Hundred Knight 2 (PS4 - EU/NA) 676 Owners
DLC Final Fantasy XV (PS4 - EU) Royal DLC
Difficulty Persona 3 : Dancing Moon Night (PS4 - JP)

結果にコミット

( Committed to the Result )

in the EU/NA version

Speed Run Final Fantasy IX (PS4 - EU) The Ultimate Sword
MP FFXIV : A Realm Reborn (PS4 - EU/NA) Slay thy neighbor
Peripherals Just Dance 2016 (PS4- EU) PS Move / Camera
Bad Rep Beyond Eyes (PS4 - EU) 52 / 4.6
Edited by Myu
  • Like 1

I think this would be quite fun, so here are my choices:

Category

EZPZ Devious Dungeon Completion 87.60%
Ultra Rare Dead Nation: Apocalypse Edition Completion 2.64%
Platinum-Less Skylar & Plux: Adventure on Clover Island  
Unpopular Chaos on Deponia 1242 Owners
DLC Rise of the Tomb Raider DLC 2 - Baba Yaga
Difficulty   Trophy Name(s)
Speed Run   Trophy Name(s)
MP    
Peripherals Knowledge is Power Smartphone
Bad Rep Late Shift Metascore 59

• Like 1

Well my first game, is ready to go. 

It is my Ezpz title: Little adventure on the prairie. Coming in at a whopping 97.88 percent. I left the last level for after tomorrow noon. And I now need a shower from dirtying myself from this crap game. Easy yes but stupid horrible controls. 

Edited by kingofbattle8174

5 minutes ago, Ai-ds_low said:

Is the rule only to "play" the game and obtain the required trophy or is the game to be platinumed/100%ed before the end of the event?

Rules

1) Please follow the guidelines posted in the rules when picking your games and ask questions if something isn't clear. The categories were designed to be cut-and-dry as I don't want to be policing people's choices. You will be held to the category definitions :)

2) You can pick and change your games at any time during the event, however you will be held to the data on your game at the time of announcing your game. For example, if you decide to pick a game that has a 4.99% completion rate for the Ultra Rare category and don't announce it as your pick until after you've completed it, and your completion bumps it up to 5.01% completion, this game will no longer count for that category. This is important for categories #1, 2, 4, and 10.

3) You may only use a game for 1 category during the event. You will be allowed to swap categories if you choose, but keep in mind Rule 2. The only exception to this is if you stack a game; so long as the stack isn't auto-popped, you can use a game as many times as you have completed it during the event.

4) Your game can be counted toward the category once you have 100% of the base game completed. If you have already completed the base game before the event, you can choose to fully complete the game entry by getting 100% of all DLCs. The only category this doesn't apply to is #5 - Games with DLC, in which you only need to complete 1 DLC pack.

5) You can pick games which you started before the event. However, keep in mind that categories #6, 7, and 8 require the particular trophy type to be earned during the event.

6) Sign-ups begin NOW and will end on January 31, 2019. The event will start at 12:01 AM MST on January 12, 2019 run through 11:59 PM MST on March 31, 2019. Click on the links for countdown timers so you can be sure you're using the right time zone!

• Like 2

I guess I'll join. Def won't do ten because I currently only have one 80+% game (Blackwood Crossing btw.) and I don't feel like changing that. 

For those who don't know. There's a game on psn that goes on sale regularly called Hidden Agenda. It's kind of like a Telltale or Quantic Dream type game you control using a phone or tablet. That should count for peripheral even if you don't have a move or guitar or something. 

I'm not actually going to psot a list because that's always my downfall in these events. I post what I'm going to play, and then my future self says "Don't tell me what to do". 

I'll definitely do an UR game, probably knock out something with MP, and I've got a few DLC to work on as well. Other than that, pretty. Ich anything except ezpz is possible. 

8 hours ago, Myu said:

Does FFXIV : A Realm Reborn qualify for the MP trophy? I haven't played the game yet and I don't know if there's a trophy that requires multiple players or if you can do everything on your own.

Have you started that game yet? Unless they changed the amount of Leve quests you can do in a day, it takes several months to get the platinum. Unless I'm misunderstanding the rules as posted two spots above this post, your trophy won't count in this event unless you 100% the main game. FFXIV is a great game to play and is worth playing whether it is for this event or not, but it is also a lot of work and I'd hate to see you not get the credit since you didn't have the time to 100%.

Edited by Briste

9 hours ago, Inuty said:

If you don´t have an game for the Ultra Rare category I would suggest (as always) a Yakuza game :D 

You and @Jens both. ?

For that category, I was thinking of doing Hollow Knight -- you know, so my avatar actually makes sense -- but I do plan on getting to Yakuza this year. But I'm actually going to start with the category I hate the most. Because hate is the name of the game.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, eigen-space said:

Just a few more hours until you can start popping those event plats!!

The wait is almost unbearable.. But I will hold off until tomorrow to finish Shiness. Which is such an amazing indie game, that any JRPG fan should really give a try.

Edited by DamagingRob
  • Like 2

41 minutes ago, DamagingRob said:

The wait is almost unbearable.. But I will hold off until tomorrow to finish Shiness. Which is such an amazing indie game, that any JRPG fan should really give a try.

I've heard really mixed opinions on that game that range from it's a really amazing game to its absolutely terrible and I should avoid it.  Definitely am not seeing much middle ground on the views either.

Do you know why it may have such polarized views?  I admit I'd really like to know more about it so I can make a decision on whether it's going to be hiding at the bottom of my backlog or if I should move it up.

18 minutes ago, ladynadiad said:

I've heard really mixed opinions on that game that range from it's a really amazing game to its absolutely terrible and I should avoid it.  Definitely am not seeing much middle ground on the views either.

Do you know why it may have such polarized views?  I admit I'd really like to know more about it so I can make a decision on whether it's going to be hiding at the bottom of my backlog or if I should move it up.

I don't really know why some hate it. :hmm: There's a thread on here about glitched trophies, that may have soured their experience. I've yet to encounter any issues, though, so they may have been patched. One negative, I guess, might be the stupidly easy puzzles. Fights can get kinda rough if you're not prepared. I followed this walkthrough, and had little issues getting through it. But I vastly underestimated how quickly you can go from full health to none in a fight, and didn't get the no death trophy on my first playthrough. :/

But I still really enjoyed it. Thought the battle system was pretty cool and unique, and it has an incredible soundtrack. Maybe just not for everyone?

19 hours ago, Myu said:

Does FFXIV : A Realm Reborn qualify for the MP trophy? I haven't played the game yet and I don't know if there's a trophy that requires multiple players or if you can do everything on your own.

It is a big game to try to do by itself in this timeframe, yet alone with a bunch of others, but yes it works. There's a trophy that specifically requires pvp. 

11 minutes ago, BigHonkingOne said:

It is a big game to try to do by itself in this timeframe, yet alone with a bunch of others, but yes it works. There's a trophy that specifically requires pvp. 

The MP category doesn't require me to plat the game (which would probably be impossible from what I heard). I put the PvP trophy on my list :D

4 hours ago, ladynadiad said:

I also enjoyed it a lot. I guess it has Mixed feelings because of the missable trophies because they are really unforgiving. But if you following a guide its totally managable. I Really Love the way they told the story and the fights can be really hard some time like @DamagingRob said. I missed one support skill for example because it only drop in one specific place were you can't return. It just didnt drop even after i finished all battles in the location. But i make a second save file and played the location again and received the trophy after the skill dropped. 

You really should give it a try :) since you need two playthroughts, its okay to miss some trophies. 

• Like 1

And have now finished the first game on my list. Everything popped like it should have at the end, so I'm guessing the glitches were indeed patched. I actually managed to not get a Game Over on this second playthrough, so can't confirm if Plus backups would work for the no Game Over trophy. But I tested it and the flower was gone, so I assume it would.

Edited by DamagingRob
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Myu said:

The MP category doesn't require me to plat the game (which would probably be impossible from what I heard). I put the PvP trophy on my list :D

You do need to get 100% of the base game (or 100% overall) completed per Rule 4. Rule 5 (getting the specific category trophy during the event) is in additional requirement.

I'm personally not aware of the time commitment for FFXIV or any other game (unless it's on my profile). I haven't been checking for feasibility of completing a game unless I see something written in the trophy guides when I'm checking for category appropriateness. Sounds like from what everyone else says, it won't be feasible during the event if you're starting from 0%.

So now that the event has started, I have a better idea of what I'll be able to actually play. I've updated my list a little...hoping this is the last update.

Moved Space Hulk (Vita) from Bad Rep to Ultra Rare and removed Darkest Dungeon from the list

Changed Bad Rep from Space Hulk (Vita) to Murdered: Soul Suspect

Changed Difficulty from Kingdom Hearts: CoM to Valkyria Chronicles 4

Changed Platinum-less from Papers, Please to Castlevania: Harmony of Despair

Rest of the list remains the same. Happy Hunting all and thanks again for hosting!!

Category

EZPZ Blackwood Crossing Completion 84.4%
Ultra Rare Space Hulk (Vita) Completion 0.93%
Platinum-Less Castlevania: Harmony of Despair  
Unpopular Banner Saga 3 281 Owners
DLC Banner Saga 2 DLC Pack 1 / Survival Mode
Difficulty Valkyria Chronicles 4 Empires Worst Nightmare (Get S Rank on all Missions)
Speed Run Kingdom Hearts Speedster
MP Rayman Legends Truly Awesome!
Peripherals Hidden Agenda Playlink
Bad Rep Murdered: Soul Suspect

Metascore 59

9 minutes ago, eigen-space said:

You do need to get 100% of the base game (or 100% overall) completed per Rule 4. Rule 5 (getting the specific category trophy during the event) is in additional requirement.

I'm personally not aware of the time commitment for FFXIV or any other game (unless it's on my profile). I haven't been checking for feasibility of completing a game unless I see something written in the trophy guides when I'm checking for category appropriateness. Sounds like from what everyone else says, it won't be feasible during the event if you're starting from 0%.

6 hours ago, Myu said:

It's impossible to finish in three months if you haven't started yet. I'm not sure if you played it on PC if you can transfer the save to the PS4 and have your progress count. But the reason it can't be done within three months is the 'An Adventurer's Life' trophy for completing 1000 levequests. You get to do 6 levequests every 24 hours, so that means it takes at least 167 days to get enough levequests to complete. Fortunately you don't need to do them every day as you can store up to 100 unused quests...but unless they've patched it there is no way to get around that time frame. For this event you will probably want to chose something different.

27 minutes ago, Briste said:

So now that the event has started, I have a better idea of what I'll be able to actually play. I've updated my list a little...hoping this is the last update.

Moved Space Hulk (Vita) from Bad Rep to Ultra Rare and removed Darkest Dungeon from the list

Changed Bad Rep from Space Hulk (Vita) to Murdered: Soul Suspect

Changed Difficulty from Kingdom Hearts: CoM to Valkyria Chronicles 4

Changed Platinum-less from Papers, Please to Castlevania: Harmony of Despair

Rest of the list remains the same. Happy Hunting all and thanks again for hosting!!

Category

EZPZ Blackwood Crossing Completion 84.4%
Ultra Rare Space Hulk (Vita) Completion 0.93%
Platinum-Less Castlevania: Harmony of Despair  
Unpopular Banner Saga 3 281 Owners
DLC Banner Saga 2 DLC Pack 1 / Survival Mode
Difficulty Valkyria Chronicles 4 Empires Worst Nightmare (Get S Rank on all Missions)
Speed Run Kingdom Hearts Speedster
MP Rayman Legends Truly Awesome!
Peripherals Hidden Agenda Playlink
Bad Rep Murdered: Soul Suspect

Metascore 5

It's impossible to finish in three months if you haven't started yet. I'm not sure if you played it on PC if you can transfer the save to the PS4 and have your progress count. But the reason it can't be done within three months is the 'An Adventurer's Life' trophy for completing 1000 levequests. You get to do 6 levequests every 24 hours, so that means it takes at least 167 days to get enough levequests to complete. Fortunately you don't need to do them every day as you can store up to 100 unused quests...but unless they've patched it there is no way to get around that time frame. For this event you will probably want to chose something different.

34 minutes ago, eigen-space said:

Ow crap! I keep getting confused with all those categories. I need to find another game, there's no way I'll complete FFXIV before the end of the event!

Thank you everyone for letting me know (and for not telling me how stupid I am :D believe me, I know!)

I'll probably have to change my Peripheral category too because I thought I only needed the one trophy to count.

I need to read the rules and the categories again and make sure everything can be done before the end of the event. :)

Finished my Ezpz game this morning. Little Adventure on the Prairie. I had to start over from scratch. I guess the game doesnt save data. Another strike against a crappy game.

@eigen-space oh also I noticed a few errors on the excel sheet. My MP game should now be Uno and the metacritic category is the midnight sanctuary.