10 Things I Hate About Games, An Event (Event Over -- Badges Distributed)

1 minute ago, diskdocx said:

I’m in. I don’t have to chose games yet, right? I need to finish the .org and TT events befor I can start to think about this 1f61c.png

OT - what event is the green award icon in your sig from?

Nope! The only time you have to post your games is so I know when to actually count them as complete. Just read Rule #2 in the OP if you're thinking about certain games already but not wanting to post them yet.

OT -- It was the bonus badge for the PSNP Spelling Bee event. @Kristycism did an AMAZING job on the badges for that event.

30 minutes ago, eigen-space said:

Nope! The only time you have to post your games is so I know when to actually count them as complete. Just read Rule #2 in the OP if you're thinking about certain games already but not wanting to post them yet.

OT -- It was the bonus badge for the PSNP Spelling Bee event. @Kristycism did an AMAZING job on the badges for that event.

Super, thanks. And boy do I feel dumb since I spelled MAYUS ?‍♂️

I think the bonus award was still pending and then I got caught up in other events, Looks sharp ?

37 minutes ago, eigen-space said:

Those were both considerations, but it's very hard for people to know if there are missables or NG+ trophies ahead of time if there isn't a guide or extensive forum discussion about it (and also would make my life much more difficult trying to verify that games are OK for categories)... also didn't want to get into the gray area of if games having Chapter Select can't have missables because you can easily go back to a chapter / negates NG+... or if using save slots smartly (like for games that have different character endings) would count as a second play through because *technically* you're only supposed to get one ending per play through.... etc.

Too messy for my tastes :P

I'm glad you're joining up again! I like reading all your commentary on games, and especially interested in what you have to say about Ys since that's been in my backlog for a while now.

Or heck collectable trophies would also be a good one.

And I can't guarantee I'll say much about Ys Origin because if I do that it will be my third go at it.  I think me having the plat on Vita and the 100% on Steam says enough about me liking the game.  The Steam 100% is definitely much harder than the plats, but it is a grindy plat with a lot of playthroughs needed, you're looking at a minimum of 6.

Category

Game (With Region/Version)  Qualifier
EZPZ  Eventide 2: Sorcerer's Mirror   85.75%
Ultra Rare  Shiness the Lightning Kingdom   1.42%
Platinum-Less  Blue Estate  
Unpopular  Lili: Child of Geos (NA)  917
DLC  Homefront: The Revolution  Pack 1- The Voice of Freedom
Difficulty  Horizon Zero Dawn  Ultra Hard Completed
Speed Run  LocoRoco Remastered  Speedy Show-Off 
MP   Trophy Name(s)
Peripherals   Peripheral Used
Bad Rep   Metascore or User Score

Well, I'm in. Not sure what to put for the last few categories, but I'll likely only complete five, anyways. Can't do the peripheral category, so won't do all ten. See how doing some of these goes.. List may change. :lol:

• Like 2

Count me in.

I assume the less than 1,500 owners applies to the specific trophy list if there's more than one list for a game? E.g. I have Mary Skelter: Nightmares in my mind which has 4 lists with each one being below 1,5k owners but all summed up are way above that number.

Now I only have to find a doable multiplayer game as most of my remaining multiplayer-trophies are tied to fighting games and I enjoy playing them for fun but I couldn't do any combo even if my life would depend on it.  ?

Edited by Crimson Idol

Category

Game (With Region/Version) Qualifier
EZPZ   Completion %
Ultra Rare Knytt underground  2.35%
✅Platinum-Less Kitten Squad  
Unpopular   # Owners
✅ DLC Killing floor 2 Post-Launch Content 2
✅ Difficulty Infamous Second Son Unstoppable
Speed Run God of War (ps3) Speed of Jason McDonald
✅ MP A Way Out All the ways out
✅ Peripherals The Playroom Ps4 Camera
Bad Rep Destiny 2 User score: 4.9
Edited by markie816

This is a pretty cool idea. Hats off to you man, you have come up with some good little comps lately. 

I signed up to your other one and have been terrible at participating in the thread so I won't sign up to this one and do the same thing - I think its poor form. But I will observe from afar to see what happens. 

I'll sign up, I have a massive backlog and this looks like a decent way to clean it up a little ?

Category

EZPZ Jazzpunk 89.91%
Ultra Rare Red Dead Redemption 2 0.33%
Platinum-Less Hitman N/A
Unpopular Don't Know Yet ????
DLC Bloodborne The Old Hunters
Difficulty Beat Saber Hope
Speed Run Shovel Knight Hurry Up!
MP Star Wars Battlefront 2 Platinum Trophy
Peripherals PS VR Worlds VR
Bad Rep No Mans Sky 4.6 User Score

This seems like a fun event, I'll join. This is what I've got so far, but will try to find 2 more:

Category

EZPZ    
Ultra Rare Entwined 1.41%
Platinum-Less Child of Light  
Unpopular    
DLC    
Difficulty Kingdom Hearts 0.2 Fragmentary Passage Proud Player/Critical Competitor
Speed Run    
MP    
Peripherals    
Bad Rep    

3 hours ago, Crimson Idol said:

Count me in.

I assume the less than 1,500 owners applies to the specific trophy list if there's more than one list for a game? E.g. I have Mary Skelter: Nightmares in my mind which has 4 lists with each one being below 1,5k owners but all summed up are way above that number.

Yes, this is correct. I was contemplating adding together stacks but..... eh.... laziness :P

1 hour ago, Cjshai said:

Could I join please, Thankyou. Who knows I might even finish, but hopefully we can have some more “refreshing” conversations along the way. Oh and a little selfish but I must ask, Any chance you might put togther a guide or thoughts for Walden. 

I was considering doing this at the start of the year... trying to finish up at least one more platinum before 2019 to reach a goal. If you're intending to play it anytime soon, there's a lot of information in the subforums (I even asked questions, didn't receive answers, and then answered my own questions once I figured it out), or you can PM me if you're having trouble. 

I'll get everyone that's signed up added to the spreadsheet after I'm home from work today.

Edited by eigen-space
  • Like 3

I hate everything about this (well, except the idea of the event, that's brilliant).

Sign me up!! xD

I'll pick games on Jan 12th though, as I don't know what I'll manage to complete between now and then to know what's still on my backlog. Also need to see what categories KH3 will fit in. I assume difficulty, but who knows.

9 hours ago, diskdocx said:

Super, thanks. And boy do I feel dumb since I spelled MAYUS ?‍♂️

I think the bonus award was still pending and then I got caught up in other events, Looks sharp ?

Badges are all still on the second post of the event, but here's yours to save you looking:

diskdocx_bonus_by_kristycism-dcrjuzb.png

• Like 3

I'll give this a shot. I already have a few games in mind, but I'll edit my post tonight. I think I can do 5-6 of them pretty easily... Well, maybe... :P

@eigen-space - Here's my list... I still need to find an easy game that I will actually enjoy and a game with a difficulty mode that I have not already played. I may switch a few of them around, but this is what I am rolling with for now. You'll probably roll your eyes when you look at how close I am to completing some of these games, and then you'll realize, it's because I hate these types of trophies and purposely skip them! :P And the whole point of this is to get you to hate yourself afterwards, right?!? xD 

Category

EZPZ TBD TBD
Ultra Rare Rigs: MCL 0.93%
Platinum-Less Deathspank: Thongs of Virtue  
Unpopular Fibbage 1,072
DLC Burnout Paradise DLC -Bikes
Difficulty TBD TBD
Speed Run Sonic the Hedgehog Fast Win
MP Journey Companion 
Peripherals Astro Bot: Rescue Mission VR required
Bad Rep Burly Men at Sea 4.3 User Score