10 Things I Hate About Games, An Event (Event Over -- Badges Distributed)

So the list is set. I'm looking forward this event! ?

Category Game Qualifier
EZPZ

Squareboy vs Bullies (EU Vita)

85.97% Completion
Ultra Rare Night in the Woods 3.63% Completion
Platinum-Less North (NA PS4)  
Unpopular Word Search by powgi (EU Vita) 774 Owners
DLC Watch Dogs (PS4) DLC: Bad Blood
Difficulty Thimbleweed Park Hard won
Speed Run Exile's end Fast mover
MP Tomb Raider Definitive Edition Shopaholic
Peripherals The American Dream PS VR
Bad Rep Planet of the Apes: Last Frontier 59 Metascore

13 hours ago, eigen-space said:

might substitute something that I'm using for your event instead :P

That's the thing I wanted to hear. :P

No, to be fair I just wanted to post some random banter. There's no need to commit to any plan. Heck, even I for myself can't stick to the plans for my own events, so why should I remind others of their plans. :awesome:

8 hours ago, eigen-space said:

@Briste, @Crimson Idol, and anyone else looking for a Peripherals game-- let me know if you guys are interested in playing Hidden Agenda together. I haven't used PlayLink before, but I'm assuming games can be boosted using it? Have either of you played with it yet?   

Just read up on how PlayLink works and everyone has to be on the same wifi network...booo. Guess it's another game I'll get the husband to play with me xD
FYI-- if anyone wants to use PlayLink as their option but doesn't have enough mobile devices (Hidden Agenda only needs two for the trophies, unlike a lot of PlayLink games which require 6), you can download an Android or iOS emulator to your computer to use smartphone apps. I have personally been using BlueStacks (free Android emulator) for a couple years now.

I'm well-versed in the world of games like the PlayLink-ones as Hidden Agenda will actually be the fifth game requiring a smartphone app with that being the only one that won't require me to use an Android-emulator. I guess the most problematic one was It's Quiz Time (not part of PlayLink) as my laptop (with only 2 cores + HT) had to handle 5 android emulators  at once as I only have 3 smartphones/tables at hand and there's an 8-player trophy where you either have to use smartphones/tables or rely on Twitch. xD

Personally I stick to Genymotion as they also offer binaries that run on any Linux-distribution as that's my main OS. 

After checking my backlog I could find a few games, that fit into the categories. I couldn't find one that fit the EZPZ requirement, but I'll just buy Jack N' Jill and be done with it. ?

Anyhow, here's my temporary list:

Category

Game (With Region/Version) Qualifier
EZPZ Jack N' Jill [PS4/EU] 98,86%
Ultra Rare Extreme Exorcism 1,47%
Platinum-Less Here They Lie  
Unpopular Pic-A-Pix Color [PS4] 1445 owners
DLC Horizon Zero Down Frozen Wilds Quests DLC
Difficulty Kingdom Hearts 0.2 Proud Player/Critical Competitor
Speed Run    
MP    
Peripherals The Jackbox Party Pack 2 PC/phone
Bad Rep Syberia Metascore of 50

Edited by Lojtana

4 hours ago, lucxav said:

@eigen-space, Sure i'm in. Is there a deadline to submit a list?

No deadline... just read Rule #2 :)

3 hours ago, Crimson Idol said:

No, to be fair I just wanted to post some random banter. [...]

I'm well-versed in the world of games like the PlayLink-ones [...] they also offer binaries that run on any Linux-distribution as that's my main OS. 

This wasn't random enough for you? xD

I am surprised I was able to follow along. If I didn't know any better, I'd be asking if you were a closet PC gamer :P

• Like 1

12 hours ago, eigen-space said:

Home from work and have the spreadsheet here updated with everyone who has joined, and have added games for those who have listed them out.

@lucxav, I couldn't tell by your post if you wanted to join now or are waiting until later. Let me know!

@Han_the_Dragon, I only listed your games if there were 1-2 in a category to avoid cluttering the spreadsheet. I made a note of where you posted so that I can refer back when you complete your games. One note though-- for LBP2 and Gravity Rush, you'll need to 100% the game if you use them for speed run/peripherals, not just the one DLC pack (Rule #4). Wanted to point that out before you got too invested in completing that one :P

@Briste, @Crimson Idol, and anyone else looking for a Peripherals game-- let me know if you guys are interested in playing Hidden Agenda together. I haven't used PlayLink before, but I'm assuming games can be boosted using it? Have either of you played with it yet?   

Just read up on how PlayLink works and everyone has to be on the same wifi network...booo. Guess it's another game I'll get the husband to play with me xD
FYI-- if anyone wants to use PlayLink as their option but doesn't have enough mobile devices (Hidden Agenda only needs two for the trophies, unlike a lot of PlayLink games which require 6), you can download an Android or iOS emulator to your computer to use smartphone apps. I have personally been using BlueStacks (free Android emulator) for a couple years now.

Thanks. 

Ya my list got kind of big ? 

And thanks for the heads up about the Speed Run and Peripherals. Gravity Rush is a non-issue, since that trophy (and the one for getting Silver in the same time trial) are the only ones that I'm missing to 100% the game, LBP2 on the other hand is still a pain to 100%, since I'm missing Acing and getting all bubbles in the Move, Cross-controller, DC Universe DLC (+plus a hard combo streak on the race on the DC Universe DLC), so I think that I will look into some other options.. For starters I will check my brother and his girlfriend's collection of VR/Move games, since I don't own any.. 

3 minutes ago, eigen-space said:

This wasn't random enough for you? xD

I am surprised I was able to follow along. If I didn't know any better, I'd be asking if you were a closet PC gamer :P

Nope, it wasn't.

And I expected you to follow along If you say that you have a computer programming background. Now that you have proven that you know at least the basics we can start talking about your favorite aspects of programming. Backend, frontend, or Full Stack? Programming languages? Static, dynamic, strong typed, weakly typed ,script, compiled? Functional, procedural, object-oriented? What's your favorite SCM? Editor or IDE? If later: VisualStudio, Eclipse, something by Jetbrains or some other ones? CI-system? 

Okay, I will stop before I get banned from the event. :P

46 minutes ago, Crimson Idol said:

Nope, it wasn't.

And I expected you to follow along If you say that you have a computer programming background. Now that you have proven that you know at least the basics we can start talking about your favorite aspects of programming. Backend, frontend, or Full Stack? Programming languages? Static, dynamic, strong typed, weakly typed ,script, compiled? Functional, procedural, object-oriented? What's your favorite SCM? Editor or IDE? If later: VisualStudio, Eclipse, something by Jetbrains or some other ones? CI-system? 

Okay, I will stop before I get banned from the event. :P

Feel like I'm in a job interview :awesome:

For my work, I use scripting languages as a tool to perform complex statistical analysis. Mainly backend, using SQL to handle our databases and SAS to do analysis... anything we do in the frontend is done in Tableau so there's not any programming with that (though occasionally there's some VBA in Excel if the user can't be bothered with Tableau). I've dabbled in Python, R, Java, and C++ but haven't used any of them in years so I don't remember much of anything about them apart from how I hated that Python was white space delimited. Editors... I prefer the Base SAS editor to SAS EG, and Teradata has a pretty great suite. Anything else you mentioned that I didn't address is over my head :P

• Like 1

15 hours ago, eigen-space said:

I see this is crossed off now so I don't know if you found something else, but I'd be willing to try and figure it out. I do not have a programming background, so your conversation with Crimson was in hieroglyphics for me lol. We have a month to figure it out so just let me know!

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Briste said:

I see this is crossed off now so I don't know if you found something else, but I'd be willing to try and figure it out. I do not have a programming background, so your conversation with Crimson was in hieroglyphics for me lol. We have a month to figure it out so just let me know!

the playlink games have only local multiplayer. I played Hidden Agenda last month for example and i had to use two mobiles on my own to get the coop trophies...

• Like 1

Oh man, this seems great. Count me in.

also after some quick planning, here’s my starting list. (Card subject to change.)

Also, sorry didn't see the format thing. Properly formatted now.

Category

EZPZ Jack N' Jill DX (PS4) Completion % 98.96
Ultra Rare 2064: Read Only Memories Completion % 4.57
Platinum-Less Hatoful Boyfriend  
Unpopular Jack N' Jill DX (Vita) 1,209 Owners
DLC The Escapists: The Walking Dead DLC Pack 1: Survival
Difficulty Darksiders 2: Deathfinitive Edition (PS4) A True Horseman
Speed Run God of War 2 15 Min Fight Scene
MP Conan: Exiles The Tower of the Elephant
Peripherals Astro Bot Rescue Mission PSVR
Bad Rep Space Overlords

0.5 metacritic user score

Edited by DoctorDrPepper

Category

EZPZ Little adventure on the prairie  Completion % 97.89
Ultra Rare 2064 Completion %4.57
Platinum-Less Broken Sword episode 2  
Unpopular Devious Dungeon  # Owners 974
DLC Furmins DLC Pack # / Name Furmins Bonus World
Difficulty Doctor Who Trophy Name(s) High IQ
Speed Run The Little Acre Trophy Name(s) The Little Speed Run
MP J Stars Victory VS+ Trophy Name(s) Cutting Your Online Teeth
Peripherals None yet Peripheral Used
Bad Rep The Midnight Sanctuary Metascore or User Score 50

Edited by kingofbattle8174

23 minutes ago, Inuty said:

@eigen-space

Not sure if i understand it correctly. I can  choose Now a game for each Category and make them fix for the event or can i first choose a game after the event starts because Maybe the owned player goes above 1500 Players in the meantime? 

The ones that have changing qualifications will be determined by when you announce your game here. So if you announce it when it's 1499 players, it'll count even if that number increases before you complete it.

Games that have changing qualifications (listed in Rule 2) have to be at least a month old. So you can't say your game is Kingdom Hearts 3 right now :P

Edited by eigen-space

21 hours ago, SuperSmash5U said:

I will only be going for the regular badge and not the bonus badge.

I wanted to clarify a point just to make sure expectations are properly set. There is not going to be a bonus badge. It is more like a different more special design. Transistor has trophies that can demonstrate what I mean... one sec...

32L3dfce2.png33Lab9f01.png34L6fa5ca.png

Alrighty then. As you can see, each one gets progressively more ornamental. In this event, if you complete at least 5, you'll get a regular badge. If you do all 10, you'll get a fancier, more ornamental version of the regular badge. One or the other, not both.

EDIT: I haven't even started working on these yet and when I do @eigen-space will have final say. So I don't currently know what they are going look like or I'd try to give specific details. We have just discussed having a normal badge for the event and then a more special version for those that really go out of their way to get everything done. 

Edited by BigHonkingOne
  • Like 2

Putting together a tentative list, couple of these are likely to change - Birth by Sleep may be swapped out for Kingdom Hearts 3 depending if that gets a difficulty related trophy or not.  I actually finished the last of my ezpz games in my backlog, so I don't have anything to put there yet and I'm struggling to come up with anything peripheral related as I'm one of those weird people that doesn't own a smart phone.

Category

EZPZ   99.19%
Ultra Rare Stardew Valley 0.70%
Platinum-Less Kingdom Hearts 0.2 A Fragmentary Passage  
Unpopular Antiquia Lost 644 Owners
DLC Fallout 4 Far Harbor
Difficulty Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep Critical Competitor
Speed Run Muramasa Rebirth Can't You Go Any Faster?
MP Fallout 76 All - online only game
Peripherals   Peripheral Used
Bad Rep Mugen Souls Z 57

• Like 1

OK following up on this, I took a look into the playlink games available and none of them are good for me (or have a platinum), so I went to the VR section on the store and made a list (oddly on the EU store it only lists 270 or so games, but PSNProfiles is counting 300+ lists.. Maybe multiple lists for the same game as usual..). I managed to find a few games that interest me, and hopefully will not give me to much of a headache or motion sickness... 

I also noticed that I complete forgot to leave Crystal Defenders in my entry list as a generic non-plat game.. 

So, here's the updated entry:

Category

EZPZ The Walking Dead: Michonne (PS4 or PS3) 

PS4 81.95% Completion

PS3 84.48% Completion

Ultra Rare

1 - Vessel (EU) 

2 - Little Nightmares

1 - 3.34% (13 UR by my count) 

2 - 4.86% (1 UR) 

Platinum-Less

1 - Any that doesn't end in another requirement 

OR

2 - Sam & Max Beyond Time and Space Episode 2, 3, 4, or 5

3 - Hitman (PS4) 

4 - King's Quest (PS4) 

5 - Q.U.B.E. Director's Cut (PS4) 

6 - Little Nightmares

7 - Abzu

8 - Crystal Defenders

Unpopular

1 - Puzzle Quest: Challenge of the Warlords

2 - The Coma Recut

3 - Backgammon Blitz (PS4) 

4 - Backgammon Blitz (Vita) 

5 - Mahjong games (on Vita) 

6 - Sacra Terra: Kiss of Death

1 - 1483 owners

2 - 759 owners

3 - 1234 owners

4 - 525 owners

5 - <1000 owners

6 - 801 owners

DLC

1 - Final Fantasy XV

2 - Final Fantasy XV Multiplayer: Comrades

3 - Injustice 2 

4 - Gravity Rush (Vita) (unlikely) 

5 - Little Nightmares

1 - TBD

2 - Final Fantasy XV Multiplayer: Comrades

3 - Injustice 2: Legendary Edition trophies

4 - Spy Pack

5 - TBD

Difficulty

1 - I Am Alive

2 - Kingdom Hearts 0.2 Birth by Sleep: A Fragmentary Passage

1 - Survivor

2 - Proud Player/Critical Competitor

Speed Run

1 - Syberia 

2 - Syberia 2

3 - Gravity Rush Spy Pack DLC

1 - Old School

2 - Old School

3 - Fireproof Racer

MP

1 - Backgammon (PS4) 

2 - Backgammon (Vita) 

3 - Girl Fight 

1 - Triple Winner / Underdog

2 - Triple Winne / Underdog

3 - Neuro Killer

Peripherals

The Chantry

One Piece Grande Cruise

Déraciné :platinum:

PSVR

PSVR

PSVR

Bad Rep

1 -  Syberia

2 - Girl Fight

3 - Backgammon Blitz (Vita) 

4 - Backgammon Blitz (PS4) 

1 - 50 Metascore 

2 - 35 Metascore (ouch

!) 

3 - 4.5

Userscore

4 - 5.9 Userscore

I'm adding Déraciné only because I think that I may use it for the hidden 12k milestone (and save my Dark Cloud 1 Plat for later), this is the only reason why I'm pondering a Plat for the event, said that, I want a big massive sale on it... 

20 hours ago, eigen-space said:

@Han_the_Dragon, I only listed your games if there were 1-2 in a category to avoid cluttering the spreadsheet. I made a note of where you posted so that I can refer back when you complete your games. One note though-- for LBP2 and Gravity Rush, you'll need to 100% the game if you use them for speed run/peripherals, not just the one DLC pack (Rule #4). Wanted to point that out before you got too invested in completing that one :P

Forgot to quote this.. 

Edited by Han_the_Dragon

Category

EZPZ   Completion %
Ultra Rare   Completion %
Platinum-Less    
Unpopular Oceanhorn: Monster of Uncharted Seas (PS Vita) 1489 Owners
DLC   DLC Pack # / Name
Difficulty   Trophy Name(s)
Speed Run   Trophy Name(s)
MP   Trophy Name(s)
Bad Rep   Metascore or User Score

Ok then I will Start with the One that is most likely to Change Early  :D Oceanhorn for ps Vita has now 1489 owners and i want to make it fix for the Category before the owner will increase ;)

• Like 4

Sign me up. I doubt that I will finish all of the games I listed but I should be able to complete 5.

Category

EZPZ Eventide 3: Legacy of Legends 81,80%
Ultra Rare Yakuza 0 3,01%
Platinum-Less Randal's Monday (EU)  
Unpopular Typoman: Revised (EU) 915
DLC Uncharted: Drak's Fortune Remastered DLC Trophy Pack 1
Difficulty The Legend of Korra Extreme Avatar
Speed Run   Trophy Name(s)
MP Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition True Commitment
Bad Rep Burly Men at Sea