10 Things I Hate About Games, An Event (Event Over -- Badges Distributed)

2 hours ago, SpaceCoresDad said:

Actually @eigen-space would I be able to count Dead Space: Extraction for my MP game? Twice the Firepower requires two people to play, though it's not online. Thought I'd ask first, since Wolfenstein is turning out to be a mess.

Since Guacamelee STCE counted for me as well it should work. I first had it in the MP category before I chnged it to Difficulty because I finished Rocket League.

Guacamelee also only has local multiplayer.

Edited by MarkusT1992

7 hours ago, Evil_Joker88 said:

riste @eigen-space there might be a problem with using "Truly Awesome" from Rayman Legends for MP category as you don't need amybody to complete that trophy. I know you can play with 2 players splitscreen but that's not required for the trophy. I think this doesn't fit the event well...

@Jenspretty much summed up my thinking as well, but I'll add my two cents. Technically you can't get this trophy without playing multiplayer as the regular game doesn't give you enough trophies to reach Truly Awesome. The only way to get there is to compete online against others to get trophies with a Bronze trophy counting as 1 point, silver as 5 points, gold 10 points and diamond as 50 points. The top 1% of finishers get diamond, top 20% gold, top 50% silver and top 90% bronze.

You need 6000 points to reach truly awesome. After completing the main game, you will have 4184 points leaving 1816 that you have to compete online to get. I started this game on the 12/20/18 and was able to compete for the first time online on 12/21/18. There are 100 days between 12/21 when I started and 3/31/19 when the event ends. I need to get on average 18.1 points per day in order to get this trophy on time, which means I need to finish in the top 20% of everyone competing online almost every day in order to finish in time.

I kind of viewed this trophy as similar to the Valor medals from Killzone 2. @eigen-spacehas also said that if you can get another PSNP player to verify you have been playing with them, the MP category would count. I have been having a friendly competition with Jens the whole time. He started a couple of days before me and he whips my ass 95% of the time (I've beaten him twice so far in a month:shakefist:

If this wasn't the intent of the MP trophy, then I can change it as I have backup options. I honestly don't care either way since I'm having fun playing it despite this grind-y trophy. I would move Rayman to my Ultra Rare spot, move Darkest Dungeon to the difficulty spot, move Banner Saga 2 to the Speed Run spot, move Castlevania to the MP spot (or find a new game) and put Papers, Please back into the platinum-less spot. I truly don't care if I end up needing to change it, this long post is more about my rationale why I selected it in the first place more than me being upset that it won't work for that category.

• Like 1

So, I won't be able to do a full completion of this event, because (and I'm going to be judged for this) I've decided I'm gonna try for the Orcs Must Die! Unchained plat after KH3 is done. I've been wanting to play this game since I started my account but never really got round to it...and with the servers being closed on April 8th, it's now or never really. And no, I won't play on an alt, that's too sensible.

I figure, it will go one of two ways. Either:

1) I won't get it, and my profile will never again reach 100%, so then I'll actually be able to leave games I hate at not-100%, which will probably improve my life. Or;

2) I'll get it and forever be proud of my lack of a life....or well, I'll have the plat I've been thinking about going for ever since I started this profile.

Either way, I win in a strange way. So it can only be a positive thing, right?

So anyway, here's the games I've completed for this event so far, minus OMD!U which is still in progress obviously (if I manage other games between now and then, I'll update):

Category

Game (With Region/Version)   Qualifier
 EZPZ

Dark Arcana: The Carnival

Completion 83.42% 
 Ultra Rare

Harvest Moon: A Wonderful Life

Completion 4.58%
 Platinum-Less 

Kingdom Hearts 0.2 Birth By Sleep: A Fragmentary Passage 

Unpopular

N/A

DLC  Little Nightmares  ALL OF THEM
 Difficulty

Grim Legends: The Forsaken Bride

The Hard Way

Speed Run  Eventide: Slavic Fable

Fast and Precise

Fast as Lighting

MP

Orcs Must Die! Unchained

Fearless Leader

Amateur Saboteur

Peripherals  N/A  
 Bad Rep

N/A

Edited by Kristycism
  • Like 3

@Briste, you're good. I'll admit that I misread the requirements for the game in the trophy guide (personally thought that you had to play with other people at the same time rather than just beat scores), but I'm not going to penalize you or anyone else for a game that I approved over a month ago. There was plenty of time for anyone to raise concern before you already invested this much time into something that falls into a gray area.

For anyone else I may have also picked this and had it approved already for MP, you're good too. However, it's off limits now unless someone on PSNP can vouch that they played with you.

For future reference:

Online Play ≠ Multiplayer

• Like 1

@eigen-space While I appreciate you giving me the option to keep my categories...in the interest of fair play and keeping with the spirit/intent of the event, I will switch up my categories :)  After all, the event is supposed to be fun and I'd rather stay within the guidelines. Plus I haven't even started most of the games, so it's not like I've wasted any time. Rayman can be used for several other categories.

Before I do make changes...I want to make sure that my changes will count. I plan on moving Banner Saga 2 or Darkest Dungeon into the Speed Run category.  Banner Saga 2 has the "Forced March" trophy where you need to complete the story within 100 in game days. In Darkest Dungeon it is the "In Such Haste" trophy for completing the story within 99 weeks in game. While they are "Speed Run" trophies, I'm having a feeling that it won't work since it is an "in game time mechanic" and not a "beat the game in six real life hours" mechanic but I'm trying to do more switching of my games than replacing of my games.

1 hour ago, Briste said:

@eigen-space While I appreciate you giving me the option to keep my categories...in the interest of fair play and keeping with the spirit/intent of the event, I will switch up my categories :)  After all, the event is supposed to be fun and I'd rather stay within the guidelines. Plus I haven't even started most of the games, so it's not like I've wasted any time. Rayman can be used for several other categories.

Before I do make changes...I want to make sure that my changes will count. I plan on moving Banner Saga 2 or Darkest Dungeon into the Speed Run category.  Banner Saga 2 has the "Forced March" trophy where you need to complete the story within 100 in game days. In Darkest Dungeon it is the "In Such Haste" trophy for completing the story within 99 weeks in game. While they are "Speed Run" trophies, I'm having a feeling that it won't work since it is an "in game time mechanic" and not a "beat the game in six real life hours" mechanic but I'm trying to do more switching of my games than replacing of my games.

Pretty sure those won't count as the contest rules state it must be real world time, not an in-game mechanic

"you can use a game which requires non-consecutive real-time (like if you pause or quit a game and it stops the timer), but you cannot use games that have in-game time mechanics, such as Atelier Rorona where traveling to a dungeon may take 4 in-game days but really only takes a few seconds of real-time"

@eigen-space I completed The Wardrobe this morning. I wanted to confirm that would be suitable for the speedrun category (based on the :gold:Speedrun trophy) The game doesn't specify exactly how long the requirement is, but it seems to be less than 4-5 hours.

If this isn't suitable as the trophy doesn't specifically denote the time, then I'll use it as my unpopular instead. Thanks :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, diskdocx said:

Pretty sure those won't count as the contest rules state it must be real world time, not an in-game mechanic

"you can use a game which requires non-consecutive real-time (like if you pause or quit a game and it stops the timer), but you cannot use games that have in-game time mechanics, such as Atelier Rorona where traveling to a dungeon may take 4 in-game days but really only takes a few seconds of real-time"

Yeah, I know it won't lol but since I've screwed up every other category so far, I wanted to keep my streak in tact ;)

/edit Ok...provided I've figured out how this works...this will be my final list...Darkest Dungeon will just be my casual vita game and maybe it'll work for another event down the road. Sorry @eigen-space for all of my edits!

Category

Game (With Region/Version)

Qualifier

EZPZ

Blackwood Crossing

Completion 84.4%

Ultra Rare

Rayman Legends

Completion 4.36%

Platinum-Less

Papers, Please

Unpopular

Banner Saga 3

281 Owners

DLC

Return to Arkham City

Harley Quinn's Revenge

Difficulty

Banner Saga 2

Hard Difficulty

Speed Run

Kingdom Hearts

Speedster

MP

Castlevania: Harmony of Despair

Boned

Peripherals

Hidden Agenda

Playlink

Bad Rep

Murdered: Soul Suspect

Metascore 59

Edited by Briste
  • Like 1

It says the sign-ups are still open so I would to participate in this event. Unfortunately, since the multiplayer category means couch co-op and I don't want to jump through a ton of hoops to set up a PlayLink account, I will nope out of the Multiplayer and Peripheral-based categories. That still leaves me with eight categories, which are listed below:

thingsihate.png

Well... this sounds interesting...

I'm in!

Are there any specifications regarding completion rate? Cause I still need a trophy in Injustice: Gods Among Us to complete it. And it would qualify for Ultra Rare Platinum.

Also I have the PS4 version for Kingdom Hearts, which I already completed on PS3, but those are seperate trophy lists... for the Speedrun trophy

Edited by RikuKelev

4 hours ago, Kristycism said:

So, I won't be able to do a full completion of this event, because (and I'm going to be judged for this) I've decided I'm gonna try for the Orcs Must Die! Unchained plat after KH3 is done. I've been wanting to play this game since I started my account but never really got round to it...and with the servers being closed on April 8th, it's now or never really. And no, I won't play on an alt, that's too sensible.

I figure, it will go one of two ways. Either:

1) I won't get it, and my profile will never again reach 100%, so then I'll actually be able to leave games I hate at not-100%, which will probably improve my life. Or;

2) I'll get it and forever be proud of my lack of a life....or well, I'll have the plat I've been thinking about going for ever since I started this profile.

Good for you! Both ways are a win.  

• Like 3

3 hours ago, RikuKelev said:

Well... this sounds interesting...

I'm in!

Are there any specifications regarding completion rate? Cause I still need a trophy in Injustice: Gods Among Us to complete it. And it would qualify for Ultra Rare Platinum.

Also I have the PS4 version for Kingdom Hearts, which I already completed on PS3, but those are seperate trophy lists... for the Speedrun trophy

Nope, as long as you earn the specified trophy required for each section towards your 100%/platinum/DLC 100% if applicable. You can be 1 trophy away and it'll still counts. Read the OP for additional details for each specific requirement. Some are very specific.

Wednesday update:

Category

Game (With Region/Version) Qualifier
EZPZ AER (NA; PS4) Completion % 84.42
Ultra Rare   Completion % 
Platinum-Less    
Unpopular Enigmatis 3: The Shadow of Karkhala (PS4)  Owners: 879
DLC   DLC Pack 
Difficulty Grim Legends 3: The Dark City (NA PS4) True Hunter Trophy (Expert Mode)
Speed Run    
MP    
Peripherals    
Bad Rep  

Category

Game (With Region/Version) Qualifier
EZPZ   Completion %
Ultra Rare Injustice: Gods Among Us (EU/PS3)     0.29
Platinum-Less    
Unpopular   # Owners
DLC Resident Evil 5 (EU/PS3) Versus Pack
Difficulty Dead Space 2 (GER/PS3) Mission Impossible
Speed Run Kingdom Hearts (EU/PS4) Speedster
MP AC IV Black Flag (EU/PS4) All Rounder
Peripherals Hidden Agenda(EU/PS4) Playlink
Bad Rep  

Metascore or User Score

Games for other categories will be added in the near future.

Edited by RikuKelev

Alright. This is a semi-update.

After much deliberation, I've decided to change Hidden Agenda to MP (since many of the trophies require two people or two smart devices at least) and play a SECOND peripheral-based game. Now that I have a PS3, I can finally complete my Skylanders collection, so that only makes sense. Resident Evil 4 will remain my platinum-less game, and I think it's hilarious that it will probably end up being my "main" game for this event, since being denied a platinum for a game that long and that difficult is a sin. And for my bad rep game... 'nuff said.

Category

Qualifier

Completion %

EZPZ

TBD

Ultra Rare

TBD

Platinum-Less

Resident Evil 4 (PS4)

No platinum

63% 

Unpopular

TBD

DLC

TBD

Difficulty

TBD

Speed Run

TBD

MP

Hidden Agenda

The Rivals

100%

Peripherals

Skylanders: Spyro’s Adventure

Toys-to-life

0%

Bad Rep

Bubsy: The Woolies Strike Back (NA)

Metacritic: 45

0%

What could PAWSSIBLY go wrong?

Edited by Cassylvania
  • Like 1

Quick question @Cassylvania, for Hidden agenda, are you required to play with another person? From my understanding, this was a game where you just had to use 2 devices to play (like the Jack in the box party pack). The MP category states:

Complete a game where you are required to play with other people either versus or co-op for a trophy.

From my understanding, this can all be done on 1 PS system and multiple devices and therefore, doesn't require multiple people. Though, it may follow the second guidelines of

Alternately, if there is not a trophy that can prove you played with other people, you can boost/play with another PSNP forum member during the event and have them vouch for you (the verifier must have joined the PSNP forum before Dec 1 2018).

Therefore, I think if you want to use this, someone else will have to vouch for you or it doesn't count. I've never played the game so I could totally be swinging and missing on this one! xD Not entirely sure how this game plays.

Also, FYI to all the peeps, @eigen-space has been sick lately as mentioned in another post, and I told her that I would substitute in and respond to some of the games that may/may not fit and answer questions if I can.

I may end up looking stupid a few times, but hey, you live and learn!

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Beyondthegrave07 said:

Quick question @Cassylvania, for Hidden agenda, are you required to play with another person? From my understanding, this was a game where you just had to use 2 devices to play (like the Jack in the box party pack). The MP category states:

Complete a game where you are required to play with other people either versus or co-op for a trophy.

From my understanding, this can all be done on 1 PS system and multiple devices and therefore, doesn't require multiple people. Though, it may follow the second guidelines of

Alternately, if there is not a trophy that can prove you played with other people, you can boost/play with another PSNP forum member during the event and have them vouch for you (the verifier must have joined the PSNP forum before Dec 1 2018).

Hm. I took it to be a multiplayer game because I don't have multiple smart devices, but I guess you could do it by yourself if you had two iPhones or something. How is that any different than using a second controller, though? I think the category should've been called "Online Multiplayer Games" if couch co-op is out.

No big deal if it doesn't count. I can just pop in XCOM: Enemy Unknown for MP (since @Briste and I had an epic battle for that trophy), keep Hidden Agenda as peripherals, and use Skylanders for difficulty, even though I really feel Skylanders is a better peripheral game, Hidden Agenda is a better MP game, and XCOM really belongs in the difficulty category (assuming I can finish it by March 31).

Edited by Cassylvania
  • Like 3

@Cassylvania Yeah, it's a little bit of a grey area for games like that and other couch co-op games, but like I said, if you can play with someone else and vouch for you, it would still technically fall under the MP category. The point of the category is to force you to play with other people online (or self-boost with another PS system). Not necessarily couch co-op. I totally get where you are coming from though!

5 minutes ago, Beyondthegrave07 said:

@Cassylvania Yeah, it's a little bit of a grey area for games like that and other couch co-op games, but like I said, if you can play with someone else and vouch for you, it would still technically fall under the MP category. The point of the category is to force you to play with other people online (or self-boost with another PS system). Not necessarily couch co-op. I totally get where you are coming from though!

Okay. I guess I'm just a little confused because Overcooked 2 is given as an example for a MP game, but all of the MP trophies in that game can be boosted with two controllers and no online play. So, it only counts if you play it with somebody on PSNP who can vouch for you?

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Cassylvania said:

Okay. I guess I'm just a little confused because Overcooked 2 is given as an example for a MP game, but all of the MP trophies in that game can be boosted with two controllers and no online play. So, it only counts if you play it with somebody on PSNP who can vouch for you?

From what I understand, yes. Just have someone vouch for you, and it works for sure. Overcooked 2 is probably the same way (can't say, never really heard of the game). It can be done by yourself, but requires a voucher.

@eigen-space can jump in when she has the chance to make the final decision.

Edited by Beyondthegrave07

13 minutes ago, Cassylvania said:

As another opinion, I would agree that Hidden Agenda should be okay for the multiplayer category. In the rules it states, "Complete a game where you are required to play with other people either versus or co-op for a trophy. Games where you can substitute AI do not count (but no one will really know if you're using an extra controller as "Player 2")." And, there are trophies for making unanimous decisions, which would require more than one person. Just my 2 cents.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Beyondthegrave07 said:

From what I understand, yes. Just have someone vouch for you, and it works for sure. Overcooked 2 is probably the same way (can't say, never really heard of the game). It can be done by yourself, but requires a voucher.

@eigen-space can jump in when she has the chance to make the final decision.

Overcooked 2 doesn't need a voucher. The idea is that if you can substitute the second player with a AI, then you need someone to vouch for you. Otherwise, if you need a second controller or second playstation, it counts even if you do it yourself. 

The idea for the MP category is that you must earn a trophy during the event that requires you to be playing with other people rather than AI or, in the case of couch co-op, have to control 2+ players at once.

So long as the trophy requires having two "real" players (versus one real and one AI), it's good enough for the event.

I'd like to swap Super Motherload from where I had it on the plat-less category, to the speed run category, since it had one of those trophies and I'd forgotten. I'll have that game finished soon, but wanted to give a heads up on that while I'm thinking about it. Here's my list with that one moved. I have plenty of other plat-less games to fill the new empty spot, whenever I decide which to play ;)

Category

Qualifier

Completion

EZPZ

Completion % > 80

Ultra Rare

Grand Kingdom

Or Castle Crashers

1.19%

1.2%

71%