10 Things I Hate About Games, An Event (Event Over -- Badges Distributed)

A small update:

Category

Game (With Region/Version) Qualifier
EZPZ :platinum: Devious Dungeon  Completion 87.60%
Ultra Rare Dead Nation: Apocalypse Edition Completion 2.64%
Platinum-Less Skylar & Plux: Adventure on Clover Island  
Unpopular Chaos on Deponia 1242 Owners
DLC Rise of the Tomb Raider DLC 2 - Baba Yaga
Difficulty :platinum: Guacamelee! 2 Even Darkest-er
Speed Run    
MP    
Peripherals Knowledge is Power Smartphone
Bad Rep Late Shift Metascore 59

Played through Guacamelee! 2 after it had a discount and enjoyed it as much as the first game. 

It's a really good series with plenty of self-aware humour and references to keep you amused while smashing skeletons.

Am still looking for a Speed Run and an MP game to add to the list, does anyone have any opinions or options?

Second game complete - Kingdom Hearts 0.2 A Fragmentary Passage.  This now means I've finished all of the Kingdom Hearts games and just need to wait until I can collect my pre-order of Kingdom Hearts 3 ^_^

After being disappointed with Dream Drop Distance;  A Fragmentary Passage really gave me a renewed sense of excitement for Kingdom Hearts 3.  It plays really well and looks incredible.  The game in itself is only 3 hours long with watching all the cutscenes, but it has a number of objectives you need to complete, some of which require additional playthroughs.  There are objectives for not taking a hit during certain boss fights, which were surprisingly very easy after I'd heard so much about how difficult they were.  Critical mode was very unforgiving though and I'd even go as far as saying it's the hardest Critical mode out of all the games so far, however there were little tricks that made the bosses easier that you could use to skip their desperation moves.

I figure I'm going to change some of my list around soon, as I know I won't be able to complete everything I have listed in the time frame.

Category

EZPZ    
Ultra Rare Stardew Valley 0.70%
Platinum-Less Kingdom Hearts 0.2 A Fragmentary Passage  
Unpopular Antiquia Lost 644 Owners
DLC Fallout 4 Far Harbor
Difficulty Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep  Critical Competitor
Speed Run Muramasa Rebirth Can't You Go Any Faster?
MP    
Peripherals    
Bad Rep Mugen Souls Z 57
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Sofa King said:

Finished the Bioshock DLC for the Speedrun category and started Zombeer for the Unpopular. I don't know when or how I got that game but it is pretty terrible.

Curious how hard you found those trophies? That was my original Speedrun plan, but I keep changing it :P

9 minutes ago, diskdocx said:

Curious how hard you found those trophies? That was my original Speedrun plan, but I keep changing it :P

They're not bad at all. I watched a few videos to get an idea of the paths to take and get some tips.

I'll be honest though, I used the glitch on Worlds of Hurt and played through on easy. Even doing that I finished at just over 13 minutes so it takes a little planning to make the time for the trophy. I got it legit on the PS3 version so I don't feel too bad for taking the easy out on the remaster.

The other two are pretty simple once you know what to do. I got both within the first couple of tries.

The other trophies aren't very difficult either. Again I'd recommend checking videos for the trickier ones.

• Like 1

Category

EZPZ Jazzpunk 82.08%
Ultra Rare   Completion %
Platinum-Less Hatoful Boyfriend: Holiday Star 100%
Unpopular Infernium 52 players
DLC The Last of Us DLC Pack 1: Left Behind
Difficulty    
Speed Run Uncharted: Drake's Fortune Remastered Extended Collection DLC Need for Speed
MP Dead Space: Extraction Twice the Firepower
Peripherals That's You! Playlink
Bad Rep Damnation Metacritic score of 36

That's You! is finally done. Good lord, those 30 games took forever, and I nearly made my PC explode through running 6 android emulators at once, but I did it! And now I never need to hear that announcer's shitty voice ever again.

Not sure what's up next. Maybe Jazzpunk. God knows I need a break from that mindless clicking, and Jazzpunk is hilarious.

• Like 1

Started playing Cartoon Network Battle Crashers and I've managed all but one trophy, Best Friend Forever, which meets the criteria for the MP category . Going to have my daughter help me with it.

Just need to figure out what to do for peripherals and I may actually get all ten. 

Category

EZPZ Jazzpunk 82.08%
Ultra Rare   Completion %
Platinum-Less Hatoful Boyfriend: Holiday Star 100%
Unpopular Infernium 52 players
DLC The Last of Us DLC Pack 1: Left Behind
Difficulty    
Speed Run Uncharted: Drake's Fortune Remastered Extended Collection DLC Need for Speed
MP Dead Space: Extraction Twice the Firepower
Peripherals That's You! Playlink
Bad Rep Damnation Metacritic score of 36

Aaaand that's Jazzpunk down too, qualifying me for the badge! That was even faster than I remember doing it the first time, haha. Glad I played it again though, that game's funny as hell.

Next I think will be Dead Space: Extraction. I've heard decent things about it, so maybe it'll be good! I enjoyed Ignition and the first game at any rate, though I hear it's very different from the others. Guess I'll be finding out soon.

• Like 1

Little Update for my list.

I've finished Drawn to Death (thank god) and cleared an ultra rare out off my backlog - perfectly fitting into this events conditions!

Only 2 more games to finish! ?

Category Game Qualifier
EZPZ

My Brother Rabbit

90.44% Completion
Ultra Rare Drawn to Death 1.40% Completion
Platinum-Less North (NA PS4)  
Unpopular North (EU PS4)

966 Owners

DLC Minecraft (PS4) DLC Pack 1
Difficulty Thimbleweed Park Hard won
Speed Run Detective Gallo Timed Trial
MP Minecraft (PS3) Diamonds to you!      
Peripherals Déraciné PS VR
Bad Rep Planet of the Apes: Last Frontier 59 Metascore

The Brigmore Witches DLC is done, which makes all of Dishonored completed! This was a great stealth game all around, from the story, to the subtle music, to the gameplay. While I felt that character development wasn't this game's strong suit (with the exception to Daud), I still appreciate the interactions with some of the characters. The insight on Daud, the game's "villain" as part of The Knife of Dunwall's and this DLC's subject and focus was a really interesting shift from the main game that i liked.

EZPZ The Walking Dead: Michonne (PS4) 81.93%
Ultra Rare Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance 2.49%
Platinum-Less Outlast  
Unpopular    
DLC Dishonored Definitive Edition The Brigmore Witches (DLC Pack 3)
Difficulty Wolfenstein: The Old Blood Uber Hero
Speed Run  

MP    
Peripherals    
Bad Rep  

Alright, Cartoon Network Battle Crashers is done. My daughter caught on pretty fast so it didn't take more than a couple of hours. Glad to have that one off the backlog.

Two more categories left...

• Like 1

Finished up my mahjong game for the unpopular category. 2 down finally :)

Category

Game (With Region/Version)

Qualifier

Completion

EZPZ

Completion % > 80

Ultra Rare

Grand Kingdom

Or Castle Crashers

1.19%

1.2%

71%

71%

Platinum-Less

No platinum

Unpopular

Mahjong Royal Towers (NA)

112 owners

100%

DLC

Something from FFXV (NA)

DLC Pack #/Name

0%

Difficulty

Minefield (NA)

Rocky Mode

100%

Speed Run

Super Motherload (NA/PS4)

Efficiency Expert

71%

MP

Trophy Name(s)

Peripherals

Hidden Agenda

Smartphones

17%

Bad Rep

2064: Read Only Memories

User Score 3.3

0%

Next, I need to get back to finish up Super Motherload. Had a stupid death on my hardcore run the other night and decided to take a break from it since I was so mad at myself. Hopefully, I'll be able to report that one as done very soon.

• Like 1

I am disgusted by what I'm about to say, but I just finished Bubsy: The Woolies Strike Back. It was only one of the worst games I've ever played. So far, I haven't been impressed by either of the games I've completed for this event...

But the ones in progress are friggin' great.

Category

Game (With Region/Version)

Qualifier

Completion %

EZPZ

Ultra Rare

Platinum-Less

Resident Evil 4 (PS4)

No platinum

63% 

Unpopular

DLC

Arkham City (Harley Quinn’s Revenge)

DLC Pack 4 

0%

Difficulty

XCOM: Enemy Unknown

No Looking Back

57%

Speed Run

MP

Hidden Agenda

The Rivals

100%

Peripherals

Skylanders: Spyro’s Adventure

Toys-to-life

0%

Bad Rep

Bubsy: The Woolies Strike Back (NA)

Metacritic: 45

100%

So I redid Word Sudoku by POWGI, and gawd I hate that mongrel and his goofy smile. I didn't even finish the game last night as I was busy with MapleStory playing the Zero class(best class ever!) and grinding dungeons, so I forgot the game existed.

I did use a video guide but even then I had to drown my brain in podcasts to keep from turning off the PS4. It's really boring. Now I know what I don't like Sudoku. ??

Oh, this is the unpopular category as I found it had, at the time of declaration, 1451 owners. Only 49 to the limit but the other options were way way less appealing. :(

On one note: After seeing Cassy putting Skylanders on her list, I realized I could put LEGO Dimensions on my list as it also requires a toy pad. I just saved myself working with PlayLink, and there should be a good deal on the full toypad and game starter pack. Probably not going to go for any DLC, I spent all of my free money on MapleStory NX. xD

thingsihate2.png

Just finished off Gem Smashers for my EZPZ down.  It's an absolutely terrible game that I recommend everyone avoid at least the Vita version of because it's a buggy mess.  No game should require a freaking hard reset of my system to earn a trophy in it and that's how much of a buggy mess the game is.  On top of that, the game isn't even all that great to begin with.  I just can't recommend to anyone, but seriously, don't bother with the Vita version.

At least I'm doing well with Ys Origin and Ys VIII.  Only two playthroughs left for Origin and nearly done with my first run of Ys VIII.  Still going to be sticking to just these games because I don't have anything with DLC that could reasonably be completed before this is over.  Have nothing with speed run trophies either.  No bad rep games, I avoid MP like the plague to the point of not buying games with online features and don't own any peripherals (including a smartphone for playlink).

Category

EZPZ  Gem Smashers (Vita) :platinum: 87.25%
Ultra Rare  Ys Origin (PS4) 2.41%
Platinum-Less  Strike Solitaire 2611.png  
Unpopular Fill-A-Pix: Phil's Epic Adventure (NA Vita) :platinum: 141 Owners
DLC   DLC Pack # / Name
Difficulty Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (NA PS4)

Beyond the Nightmare

Speed Run   Trophy Name(s)
MP   Trophy Name(s)
Peripherals n/a Peripheral Used
Bad Rep  

Metascore or User Score

I'm late, but still on time! This will be my first participation in an event, let's see how it goes! ?

I'm aiming at completing the following 5 games:

Category Game (all EU / PS4) Qualifier
EZPZ    
Ultra Rare Thumper 3.61% Completion    
Platinum-Less   Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris     
Unpopular    
DLC    
Difficulty Downwell Well Master
Speed Run Bound Speedrunner
MP Red Dead Redemption 2 Notorious 
Peripherals    
Bad Rep  

Depending on how it goes with RDR2 (only one more single-player trophy left, then I can start the multiplayer...) I might swap Thumper for Hollow Knight or Downwell for Darksiders III. 

Edited by Arcesus7
  • Like 2

Wow, an update with actual progress, it just took me like half of a month-

I'd like to switch Furmins for Ultratron for my Platinumless category, because I have arrived to an unfortunate conclusion that Furmins is one of those irritation-inducing, RNG-coded games where even if you know what to do, you aren't guaranteed progress, because the game not only expects perfect placement, but also tends to change the outcome based on whatever mood RNGesus is in at that particular moment. 

Also, I've finished Type:Rider for the Speed Run cat; the Clarendon level took a few attempts, but nothing too hard. I'd say that the main struggle of that section is dealing with the physics - the dots feel very heavy and lose momentum at the most unopportune moments at times. While my successful run did include the sniper glitch, I found the reticle to be easy to avoid. As for the wire sparks, I ended up leaping off the balcony, skipping the first wire entirely, hopped over the incoming spark and just booked it to the end, hoping that no returning sparks would catch me; made it juuuust in time.

Well Zombeer is a horrible game, and honestly I don't think I can bring myself to finish even one playthrough. But I realized that I finished Suicide Guy the day the event started, so I'm going to use that for my Unpopular category. The NA version has 1,446 owners.

That just leaves the peripheral category for the sweep. With plenty of time left I'm going to look into borrowing a PS camera, or maybe buy one cheap if I can. May as well try out The Playroom for it since we're all stuck with it on our PS4.

On 1/27/2019 at 5:30 PM, Mesopithecus said:

Second game complete - Kingdom Hearts 0.2 A Fragmentary Passage.  This now means I've finished all of the Kingdom Hearts games and just need to wait until I can collect my pre-order of Kingdom Hearts 3 ^_^

After being disappointed with Dream Drop Distance;  A Fragmentary Passage really gave me a renewed sense of excitement for Kingdom Hearts 3.  It plays really well and looks incredible.  The game in itself is only 3 hours long with watching all the cutscenes, but it has a number of objectives you need to complete, some of which require additional playthroughs.  There are objectives for not taking a hit during certain boss fights, which were surprisingly very easy after I'd heard so much about how difficult they were.  Critical mode was very unforgiving though and I'd even go as far as saying it's the hardest Critical mode out of all the games so far, however there were little tricks that made the bosses easier that you could use to skip their desperation moves.

Glad you got 100% on that, that's something I can probably never do. I will do a beginner run of that game so I can watch all of the cutscenes for it before I play the copy of KH3 I picked up, though. ;) Good luck on KH3.

• Like 1

Update! I knew a platinum-less game would find me.

Category

EZPZ Doodle God  NA PS3 82.44%
Ultra Rare The Escapist  3.91%
Platinum-Less Soma  
Unpopular Dark Mystery 331
DLC Warframe Pack 21
Difficulty Minefield Rocky Mode
Speed Run Catlateral Damage Time Trial
MP Overcooked 2 Battered!
Peripherals Waddle Home VR
Bad Rep Submerged 56

On 18.12.2018 at 10:16 PM, Evil_Joker88 said:

Category

EZPZ  Mecho Tales :platinum:  81, 42%
 Ultra Rare  Wet  4.08%
 Platinum-Less   Daylight  
 Unpopular

Word Seach by POWGI

(PSV EU)

#768 Owners
 DLC  Deus Ex Mankind Divided

Breach Tier 4 (DLC #2) +

Breach Picus (DLC #3)

Difficulty

Enigmatis :platinum:

Detective
 Speed Run  Enigmatis 2 :platinum:

Inspector; Instant finding;

Eagle-eyed; Faster than

light!

MP  Saints Row: Gat out of Hell  Double Trouble
 Peripherals    Peripheral Used
 Bad Rep  Burly Men at Sea

User Score 4.3

Big Update time :D

I finished Enigmatis 1 and 2. The latter is definitely the better one. More storytelling, more diverse puzzles. Only disadventage is the map is less detailed :( ... in my 2nd playthrough of Enigmatis 2 i used the memory like minigame and while it was entertaining it was also very easy. You don't get any penalty for an error... But both titles showed me again that Artifex Mundi's games are great. Hopefully i'll get the newer ones soon too....

Also completed Mecho Tales. Storytelling almost none so i have no clue what it was about besides shooting robot alike animals :P:D while it ran smoothly there was something i didn't like: behind the hero was floating a little drone that did the shooting. If you enter a new level the drone isn't visible and so its projectiles won't fly around. So even if an enemy is close by (and already attacking) you must move forward an inch for the drone to appear... this made fighting enemies on different heights difficult too. I jumped and shot but sometimes missed because my drone wasn't flying high enough. At the same time i was hit by the enemy :(

I'll be honest: the only reason i wanted this game are :gold::D ... not a bad game, but not something great either...

Besides that i made good progress in Gat out of Hell (story completed, several collectibles taken) and Word Search. This'll be my next and probably last game for this event :D ... i won't get any peripheral title so i'll finish with the minimum for a badge :)

14 hours ago, eigen-space said:

Sorry I've been MIA. Rather sick... again *sigh*

I'll try to get to updates within the next day or so.

There's still plenty of time left, no need to worry about updates. Your health is more important.

Get well soon!