10 Things I Hate About Games, An Event (Event Over -- Badges Distributed)

4 hours ago, MarkusT1992 said:

Sign me up. I doubt that I will finish all of the games I listed but I should be able to complete 5.

Category

Game (With Region/Version) Qualifier
EZPZ Eventide 3: Legacy of Legends 81,80%
Ultra Rare Yakuza 0 3,01%
Platinum-Less Randal's Monday (EU)  
Unpopular Typoman: Revised (EU) 915
DLC Uncharted: Drak's Fortune Remastered DLC Trophy Pack 1
Difficulty The Legend of Korra Extreme Avatar
Speed Run   Trophy Name(s)
MP Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition True Commitment
Peripherals   Peripheral Used
Bad Rep Burly Men at Sea

4,3 Userscore

I don't think the True Commitment trophy works. @eigen-space mentioned it needed to be a trophy where you have to play with an actual person and not AI bots etc. This is a little beyond that because it is able to be done completely solo. It looks like you already did the MP trophies that require extra people so Tomb Raider does not work at all for you. 

EDIT - i haven't looked at everyones list, but looks like @Kent10201 has same issue. Also, @Shoutachi has a similar problem with the shopping trophy. However, they have other MP trophies they can substitute like killing two players with one explosive. 

EDIT Again - I just realized Uno doesn't work for peripherals even though I plugged it. It supports playlink and doesn't require it. I'm fixing my previous post now.

Edited by BigHonkingOne

On 12/17/2018 at 5:30 PM, willythom88 said:

I love it, count me in!

Quick question, for the peripheral one, can we use games that require use of websites?  For instance, Use your words and Jackbox games have you use their respective websites.

Must have missed this question... but, yes, this counts. I haven't checked every Jackbox game (there are a lot), but the ones I did check and Use Your Words definitely require external devices.

5 hours ago, BigHonkingOne said:

I don't think the True Commitment trophy works. @eigen-space mentioned it needed to be a trophy where you have to play with an actual person and not AI bots etc. This is a little beyond that because it is able to be done completely solo. It looks like you already did the MP trophies that require extra people so Tomb Raider does not work at all for you. 

EDIT - i haven't looked at everyones list, but looks like @Kent10201 has same issue. Also, @Shoutachi has a similar problem with the shopping trophy. However, they have other MP trophies they can substitute like killing two players with one explosive. 

I didn't get around to checking games yesterday to make sure they work with the categories, but yeah... it does seem likely what your saying makes sense. The idea for the MP category is that you must earn a trophy during the event that requires you to be playing with other people rather than AI or, in the case of couch co-op, have to control 2+ players at once. When I reviewed Tomb Raider (PS4) earlier for @Kent10201, I saw that the trophy guide listed it as MP Only so didn't read past that, but the guide description definitely says that it can be done entirely solo without the need for logging yourself on as a second player. It also looks like the shopping ones can be done similarly. So @Kent10201 , @MarkusT1992, and @Shoutachi, you can still use Tomb Raider (PS4) but would need to pop one of the following during the event instead of the one you listed based on what I read in the trophy guide: Adventurer, Artilleryman, Down Boy, Entrapment, Good Samaritan, I'm All That, Sole Survivor, Master Blaster, Lights Out, or Monkey Around.     @Shoutachi

@eigen-space Regarding True Commitment, it could be a bit of a grey area. It is possible to level up by yourself, but the faster and more efficient way is to find a partner and blow each other up with grenade launchers over and over... and over. :/ But I don't know if anyone that listed it, intended to do it this way. I didn't either time. 

Similarly, the game/trophy I just added to the multiplayer slot can be done solo. But it's more of a last resort if you just can't win a match, whilst playing with other people. If that rules it out, though, guess it's back to the drawing board for that category. ?

Also moved Blue Estate to the Bad Rep slot, and put Papers, Please in its place. Fills out my list, and will give me an extra Vita game for the Vita Anniversary event. Still got nothing for peripherals, though.. Unless there's a game that only requires a single tablet (that's pretty much all I've got as far as devices go), then I don't see a way.

Category

Game (With Region/Version)  Qualifier
EZPZ  Eventide 2: Sorcerer's Mirror   85.75%
Ultra Rare  Shiness the Lightning Kingdom   1.42%
Platinum-Less  Papers, Please  
Unpopular  Lili: Child of Geos (NA)  917
DLC  Homefront: The Revolution  Pack 1- The Voice of Freedom
Difficulty  Horizon Zero Dawn  Ultra Hard Completed
Speed Run  LocoRoco Remastered  Speedy Show-Off 
MP  Titanfall 2  So it Begins... 
Peripherals    Peripheral Used
Bad Rep Blue Estate  49

2 minutes ago, DamagingRob said:

@eigen-space Regarding True Commitment, it could be a bit of a grey area. It is possible to level up by yourself, but the faster and more efficient way is to find a partner and blow each other up with grenade launchers over and over... and over. :/ But I don't know if anyone that listed it, intended to do it this way. I didn't either time. 

Similarly, the game/trophy I just added to the multiplayer slot can be done solo. But it's more of a last resort if you just can't win a match, whilst playing with other people. If that rules it out, though, guess it's back to the drawing board for that category. 1f605.png

You touch on the problem with True Commitment when you mention "intention". I have no idea whether or not someone actually plays the way they say they intend to. I tried to pick categories and define them in such a way that gray areas like this were minimized, but I'm definitely more interested in what truly happens (following the "spirit of the law" than the "letter of the law", so to speak), so if it can be verified that it was done multiplayer instead of solo (like if they all want to boost together), then that's fine with me.

For Titanfall 2... I can't see anywhere that mentions you can do that trophy solo (I've been checking guides here and on PST when verifying that a game works). Are you able to enter an empty match, or one filled with only AI,  and win that way? Or is it a situation where you'd be logged in as "Player 1" on your main and "Player 2" on an alt and then just murder your alt? If it's the latter, then that still plays by the rules of the event.

If you have a computer and tablet or smart phone + tablet, you could do Hidden Agenda as you only need 2 Playlink players for those trophies (I mention in this comment how to get a computer to run Playlink). If you only have one device that can run Playlink, then I'm unaware of a game that you can get all trophies... unless @Crimson Idol has some fancy way of doing it :P

8 minutes ago, eigen-space said:

For Titanfall 2... I can't see anywhere that mentions you can do that trophy solo (I've been checking guides here and on PST when verifying that a game works). Are you able to enter an empty match, or one filled with only AI,  and win that way? Or is it a situation where you'd be logged in as "Player 1" on your main and "Player 2" on an alt and then just murder your alt? If it's the latter, then that still plays by the rules of the event.

If you have a computer and tablet or smart phone + tablet, you could do Hidden Agenda as you only need 2 Playlink players for those trophies (I mention in this comment how to get a computer to run Playlink). If you only have one device that can run Playlink, then I'm unaware of a game that you can get all trophies... unless @Crimson Idol has some fancy way of doing it :P

Way at the bottom of pst's description for it, it says this: "If you have trouble doing this legit, then start a private game of Capture the Flag and the trophy will pop at the end of the match. You can either play with a friend or by yourself but the trophy will pop regardless." It's under a massive wall of text. :/ 

Yeah, I don't have a smart phone. And the family computer is clear on then other side of the house, so it's not really something I can see myself sitting down and playing a PS4 game on.. That's actually why I didn't pick up Hidden Agenda when it was super cheap. Which is a shame, because it looks interesting. 

22 minutes ago, eigen-space said:

If you only have one device that can run Playlink, then I'm unaware of a game that you can get all trophies... unless @Crimson Idol has some fancy way of doing it :P

Feel the POWER OF THE CLOUD!!!!!

The only way I could come up with (and that's quite expensive) would be to use cloud gaming like the one from Shadow:

https://shadow.tech/usen/

They offer you access to a PC that's powerful enough to run multiple instances of an Android Emulator at the same time. So you could start the Remote Play-app on the PC and open the Shadow-streaming in another window to do both things simultaneously. xD 

Edited by Crimson Idol

7 minutes ago, DamagingRob said:

Way at the bottom of pst's description for it, it says this: "If you have trouble doing this legit, then start a private game of Capture the Flag and the trophy will pop at the end of the match. You can either play with a friend or by yourself but the trophy will pop regardless." It's under a massive wall of text. :/ 

Yeah, I don't have a smart phone. And the family computer is clear on then other side of the house, so it's not really something I can see myself sitting down and playing a PS4 game on.. That's actually why I didn't pick up Hidden Agenda when it was super cheap. Which is a shame, because it looks interesting. 

I guess the same would go for you as the others... if you have someone that can verify you played online with them, that'll be sufficient.

As far as just having a tablet goes... hmm... let me think about that. I have an idea but I'm going to test it first so I can give you good instructions if it works.

2 hours ago, Kent10201 said:

@eigen-space Just replace it with FFXV Comrades please (the 100% not DLC). 

I'll change it later today and get to everyone else after I'm home from work in about 10 hours-ish.

I've updated the main post to reflect that you can play/boost with another forum member if they verify that they played the game with you. Feel free to to utilize the Sessions functions or maybe coordinate with others in this event!

Edited by eigen-space
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, eigen-space said:

I guess the same would go for you as the others... if you have someone that can verify you played online with them, that'll be sufficient.

As far as just having a tablet goes... hmm... let me think about that. I have an idea but I'm going to test it first so I can give you good instructions if it works.

I would have just been playing with randoms more than likely, so may need to think of something else. I tend to boost something every now and then, though, so I'll probably play something that works during that time span.

Alright. If there's no other option, maybe I'll just borrow my brother's tablet for the 2 player stuff. :ninja:

One additional entry to add:

Category

EZPZ    
Ultra Rare    
Platinum-Less Hatoful Boyfriend  
Unpopular Mary Skelter: Nightmares (EU) 610 Owners
DLC Gravity Rush 2 DLC Pack 1
Difficulty Marvel's Spider-Man Power and Responsibility
Speed Run Axiom Verge (NA) Overclocked, Speedrunner
MP    
Peripherals Hidden Agenda PlayLink
Bad Rep Touhou Scarlet Curiosity Metascore: 58

I'm actually glad that I didn't tackle the DLCs of Spiderman yet. :D

Edited by Crimson Idol

@eigen-space Thank you for clarifying.  Also, you didn't miss anything, I'm a dope and edited my original post with the question instead of asking else where.  Anyhow, thank you again, and here's my list.

Category

EZPZ Eekeemoo 80.33%
Ultra Rare El Shaddai 2.58%
Platinum-Less Monster Loves You!  
Unpopular Masquerada: Songs and Shadows 198
DLC Dragon Age: Origins Darkspawn Chronicles
Difficulty South Park: Fractured But Whole The Token Experience
Speed Run Final Fantasy IX The Ultimate Sword
MP Blood Knights Team Player/Oops I Did It Again, No Time To Sleep!
Peripherals Use Your Words! Website
Bad Rep Infinity Runner 45%

• Like 1

Looked through everyone's games through yesterday and today (up through this post) and have updated the spreadsheet with all new games and participants. Let me know if something looks accurate.

A couple notes about some games:

@kingofbattle8174, all the trophies for J-Stars Victory VS+ have ways to do them solo or with CPU/AI according to the trophy guide. You can still use this game so long as you get a forum member to verify that they played with you during the event time frame.
@Shoutachi, @MarkusT1992--- don't know if you saw where I tagged you both earlier today, but... the particular trophies you picked can be done solo according to the guide, but Tomb Raider (PS4) does have other trophies where there's no way around playing with other people... so either use one of the other MP trophies that the trophy guide says needs to be done with other players or get another forum member to verify that they played with you (or, if I may suggest, team up together :))

@PermaFox, Here They Lie won't count as a Peripherals game because it's not required to play with VR. You can get all the trophies without using it.

@willythom88, I just want to double check that you're going to play the NA version of Eekeemoo as that's the one with 80.33% rarity (the EU version is 78.53%).

@eigen-space Yeah I saw it. I have some changes for my list. If I'm understanding it correct I have to complete the base game + DLC if the trophy for the requirement is part of the DLC?

Category

EZPZ Eventide 3: Legacy of Legends 81,80%
Ultra Rare Yakuza 0 3,01%
Platinum-Less Randal's Monday (EU)  
Unpopular Typoman: Revised (EU) 915
DLC Marvel's Spider-Man DLC Trophy Pack 2
Difficulty The Legend of Korra Extreme Avatar
Speed Run Uncharted: Drak's Fortune Remastered Need for Speed/The Fat and the Furious
MP Rocket League People Person/ Together is Better/ Best of the Bunch
Peripherals    
Bad Rep Burly Men at Sea

4,3 Userscore

Edited by MarkusT1992

18 minutes ago, MarkusT1992 said:

@eigen-space Yeah I saw it. I have some changes for my list. If I'm understanding it correct I have to complete the base game + DLC if the trophy for the requirement is part of the DLC?

If you already have the base game complete before the event, you can 100% it with DLC instead (you would have to get ALL the DLC packs if there were multiple in this case, even though your trophy would only belong to one particular DLC pack)... but if the particular trophy type belongs to a DLC and you haven't completed the base game yet, you'd have to do everything (for example, I'm starting Horizon Zero Dawn from scratch and using Ultra Hard Completion from DLC Pack 1... so I need to get the base game and ALL 3 DLC packs). It looks like for Uncharted and Rocket League you're pretty well on the way to that since you only have a couple trophies left belonging to a single DLC pack (for Rocket League, I know they're always releasing new DLC so it would be the DLC released right now that I'd hold you accountable for... so thru Pack 9).

The only one this doesn't apply to is the DLC category... so, for your Spider-Man game, you wouldn't need to complete the base game or any of the other DLC packs... you'd just need to 100% the particular DLC pack that you call out.

Edited by eigen-space

6 minutes ago, eigen-space said:

If you already have the base game complete before the event, you can 100% it with DLC instead (you would have to get ALL the DLC packs if there were multiple in this case, even though your trophy would only belong to one particular DLC pack)... but if the particular trophy type belongs to a DLC and you haven't completed the base game yet, you'd have to do everything (for example, I'm starting Horizon Zero Dawn from scratch and using Ultra Hard Completion from DLC Pack 1... so I need to get the base game and ALL 3 DLC packs). It looks like for Uncharted and Rocket League you're pretty well on the way to that since you only have a couple trophies left belonging to a single DLC pack (for Rocket League, I know they're always releasing new DLC so it would be the DLC released right now that I'd hold you accountable for... so thru Pack 9).

The only one this doesn't apply to is the DLC category... so, for your Spider-Man game, you wouldn't need to complete the base game or any of the other DLC packs... you'd just need to 100% the particular DLC pack that you call out.

Thanks for clarifying that. In that case I keep my list as it is in my last post for now.

• Like 1

This is going to be such a fun event! :o

Here's my (temporary) list :

Category

EZPZ Devious Dungeon (PS4 - EU) 87.34%
Ultra Rare Grand Kingdom (Vita - EU/NA) 1.18%
Platinum-Less    
Unpopular The Witch and the Hundred Knight 2 (PS4 - EU/NA) 676 Owners
DLC Final Fantasy XV (PS4 - EU) Royal DLC
Difficulty Persona 3 : Dancing Moon Night (PS4 - JP)

結果にコミット

( Committed to the Result )

in the EU/NA version

Speed Run Final Fantasy IX (PS4 - EU) The Ultimate Sword
MP   Trophy Name(s)
Peripherals Just Dance 2016 (PS4- EU) PS Move / Camera
Bad Rep Beyond Eyes (PS4 - EU) 52 / 4.6

Edited by Myu

With the January PSN sale going on, I will review my entry a bit... I'm 100% decided on the Peripherals game, since Déraciné is with a 33% discount, and I think that's enough (One Piece Grand Cruise is also on sale for 5.75€ ir something, but Déraciné is essentially one of the few VR games that I want to try, even if I have to fight my motion sickness...). 

On top of that, I'm also buying a few non-plat games, so I may add them in for reference (since after my last update, I realized that I had forgotten to add Primal... And that's on my backlog for a while now..). 

I'm still not getting The Walking Dead Michonne, since it's not on sale.. Hope not regret it later. 

Category

EZPZ The Walking Dead: Michonne (PS4 or PS3)*

PS4 81.95% Completion

PS3 84.52% Completion

Ultra Rare

Vessel (EU) 

3.34% (13 UR by my count)

Platinum-Less

1 - Any that doesn't end in another requirement 

OR

2 - Sam & Max Beyond Time and Space Episode 2, 3, 4, or 5

3 - Hitman (PS4) 

4 - King's Quest (PS4)*

5 - Q.U.B.E. Director's Cut (PS4) 

6 - Abzu*

7 - Crystal Defenders

8 - Primal

9 - The Last Blade 2

Unpopular

1 - Puzzle Quest: Challenge of the Warlords*

2 - The Coma Recut*

3 - Backgammon Blitz (PS4) 

4 - Backgammon Blitz (Vita) 

5 - Mahjong games (EU Vita)* 

6 - Sacra Terra: Kiss of Death*

7 - The King of Fighters '97 Global Match

1 - 1485 owners

2 - 760 owners

3 - 1234 owners

4 - 525 owners

5 - <1000 owners

6 - 802 owners

7 - 1017 owners 

DLC

1 - Final Fantasy XV

2 - Final Fantasy XV Multiplayer: Comrades

3 - Injustice 2 

4 - Gravity Rush (Vita) (unlikely) 

5 - Muramasa Rebirth 

1 - TBD

2 - Final Fantasy XV Multiplayer: Comrades

3 - Injustice 2: Legendary Edition trophies

4 - Spy Pack

5 - TBD

Difficulty

1 - I Am Alive

2 - Kingdom Hearts 0.2 Birth by Sleep: A Fragmentary Passage

1 - Survivor

2 - Proud Player/Critical Competitor

Speed Run

1 - Syberia 

2 - Syberia 2**

3 - Gravity Rush Spy Pack DLC

1 - Old School

2 - Old Shcool

3 - Fireproof Racer

MP

1 - Backgammon Blitz (PS4) 

2 - Backgammon Blitz (Vita) 

3 - Girl Fight 

4 - The King of Fighters '97 Global Match

5 - Samurai Shodown V Special 

1 - Triple Winner / Underdog

2 - Triple Winne / Underdog

3 - Neuro Killer

4 - KoF New Face / KoF Veteran / THE KING OF FIGHTERS 

5 - Swordman / Sword Master / Sword Saint

Peripherals

Déraciné :platinum:

PSVR

Bad Rep

1 -  Syberia

2 - Girl Fight

3 - Backgammon Blitz (Vita) 

4 - Backgammon Blitz (PS4) 

1 - 50 Metascore 

2 - 35 Metascore (ouch

!) 

3 - 4.5

Userscore

4 - 5.9 Userscore

* would need to buy

**EU version impossible to 100%

@eigen-space feel free to ignore this update, since it's mainly me updating my entry checklist and is still subject to change. The only ones that I don't have plans to make any further changes are the Ultra Rare and Peripherals (and EZPZ unless TWD Michonne gets deleted or something).