10 Things I Hate About Games, An Event (Event Over -- Badges Distributed)

I'm still struggling with the other event (thanks to SE mainly..), and this sounds impossible with my current limitations/restrictions (time to play and platinum "allowed"). 

Still, if I read right, I can complete this event with just 1 platinum, right? 

If that's right, I will try to get a list done, since I still have a few (20+ maybe) trophy less games on my backlog... 

Still the EZPZ will maybe a challenge ?, while I play a bit of everything, I don't really play that many games with a completion rarity that high all that often.. 

As for the plaf for me it's easy, I will make Dark Cloud 1 plat my 12k trophy (was lucky yesterday and finely got 3 Bandit's Slingshot in a row in 5 minutes... After grinding last month for 10 hours and getting none.. Ya, the RNG was trolling me hard..). 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Kent10201 said:

@Han_the_Dragon Nope, not just 1. :awesome:

Nice!! 

I will start looking into it.. Just found 2/3 candidates for me "speed Run", 1 obvious for the UR (about half the trophies are UR, but the game isn't supposed to be hard at all with a guide ?), and I have way to many on the work dlc, so that's easy too, plus the Plat (Dark Cloud) and Plat-less game (a random one..), also have 1 with online on my backlog that was to be used on the Numbers event, if @eigen-space says Syberia is a bad game, so it should be used for that spot ?. 

In the end, I will be looking for 4 more games or DLC:

1 EZPZ

1 Unpopular

1 Difficulty Related

1 for periferals - wait a sec, LBP2 move dlc work, right, I have that halfway done...

4 minutes ago, Han_the_Dragon said:

if @eigen-space says Syberia is a bad game, so it should be used for that spot ?

Syberia isn't a bad game per se... it was just glitchy-bad on the PS3... and Metacritic gave it a low score. I think I maybe actually enjoy "bad" games since Shaq Fu: A Legend Reborn also has a horrifically low score on there xD

31 minutes ago, Han_the_Dragon said:

Still, if I read right, I can complete this event with just 1 platinum, right? 

Theoretically, yes. You can use games without plats or finish up DLC on already-platted games if you don't want to earn any platinums.

Edited by eigen-space

I have no idea if I will finish. But most of the things I'm currently working on already fit into this list. 

Category

Game (With Region/Version)    Qualifier
 EZPZ  My Name is Mayo  96.56%
 Ultra Rare  SingStar  0.66%
 Platinum-Less   Abzu  
 Unpopular  Chess Ultra  1,467 Owners
 DLC  L.A. Noire  DLC Trophy Pack 1-5
 Difficulty  Horizon Zero Dawn  Ultra Hard Completed
 Speed Run  Uncharted: Lost Legacy  Best Driver in the Business 
 MP  The Division  For Justice!
 Peripherals  Creed: Rise to Glory  PSVR & Move Controllers
 Bad Rep  Tera  4.9 User Score
Edited by BigHonkingOne
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, eigen-space said:

Syberia isn't a bad game per se... it was just glitchy-bad on the PS3... and Metacritic gave it a low score. I think I maybe actually enjoy "bad" games since Shaq Fu: A Legend Reborn also has a horrifically low score on there xD

Theoretically, yes. You can use games without plats or finish up DLC on already-platted games if you don't want to earn any platinums.

Ya, I actually never had seen Syberia called a bad game, but took the cue to add it

I will essentially be continue my journey from the Numbers event, since Syberia 1 and 2 (speed run entry options too), Vessel (lots of UR), Backgammon (online) and Sam & Max Beyond Space and Time 1-5, were all already in my backlog and originally to be played during the Numbers event (I will play Sam & Max Beyond Time and Space Episode 1 on Christmas day for the Numbers event, and I still hope SE fixes Comrades EU bug by the end of next week... Otherwise I will have to do The Bridge on the last weekend of the year..).

I will fill what I can with the DLC from FF15, Comrades (maybe), LBP2 (it's the easiest I can find for the "Periferals" category) and I was thinking in using also Gravity Rush (I'm only missing 1 time trail to 100% tgat trophy list..). 

Still, this extra step to find games that I would enjoy to play that fulfill the requirements for the event is also part of the fun of joining! 

Edit: I will only post a formal list after a find something for the 10 spots + a bonus (you forgot to add a category for the RNG...) 

Edited by Han_the_Dragon

5 minutes ago, Han_the_Dragon said:

Edit: I will only post a formal list after a find something for the 10 spots + a bonus (you forgot to add a category for the RNG...) 

RNG was one of the considerations (there were somewhere around 5-10 other categories that I was thinking about) but it was really hard to make a solid definition for it. I blame my mathematics/statistics/computer programming background for needing strict rules for things xD 

This looks so fun! Sign me up and I'll get a list worked out if I survive my last final :P I already have a few ideas for some of the categories. 

Edit: I procrastinated on my studying.

Category

Game (With Region/Version) Qualifier
EZPZ .detuned 87.33%
Ultra Rare The Escapist  3.91%
Platinum-Less King's Quest  
Unpopular Koi 1,205
DLC Warframe Pack 21
Difficulty Minefield Rocky Mode
Speed Run Catlateral Damage Time Trial
MP Overcooked 2 Battered!
Peripherals Waddle Home VR
Bad Rep Submerged 56

Edited by Kittet3
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, eigen-space said:

RNG was one of the considerations (there were somewhere around 5-10 other categories that I was thinking about) but it was really hard to make a solid definition for it. I blame my mathematics/statistics/computer programming background for needing strict rules for things xD 

Ya, I can see it getting vague interpretations, as in "everything related to luck or chance", I was also thinking about the category "Grind", but that would even be harder to come with rules for too. 

And now that I'm writing this, I just realized that I have a game for Difficulty requirements (I Am Alive), and it was also part of my original plan for the Numbers event ? 

2 to go! 

1 hour ago, eigen-space said:

9) Games Requiring Peripherals/Accessories -- You mean I need to download an app for that or play with a plastic guitar? Lame.

Play a game that requires VR, PlayLink, Camera, Move Controllers, musical instruments, or microphones. Turbo controllers, rubber bands, extra dualshock controllers, PS Vita, Playstation TV, PS+, etc don't count. Note: PlayLink is free.

Examples: Hidden Agenda, That's You!, Knowledge is Power

I loved all categories, but this one is too elitist for me, play with peripherals/accesories? i'm poor you know ? . Definitely love the RNG idea over this one. 

I'm in, just for the basic badge, but you can count me in.

4 minutes ago, NetEntity said:

Oh boy, Unpopular will be a doozy to find...

If you like Mahjong, most lists/games will work (and they are cheap).. 

I think that I will go with a random one, since I end up not buying any for the other event (but was close to do it). 

Now only the EZPZ for me to submit my entry.. 

Edited by Han_the_Dragon

5 minutes ago, NetEntity said:

Oh boy, Unpopular will be a doozy to find...

You can actually go to Games --> Order by Owners --> Pages 82+. 

4 minutes ago, fabiansc83 said:

I loved all categories, but this one is too elitist for me, play with peripherals/accesories? i'm poor you know 1f605.png . Definitely love the RNG idea over this one. 

I'm in, just for the basic badge, but you can count me in.

PlayLink is a free downloadable app for your smartphone/computer. I wouldn't have included this category if there weren't a free option :P

• Like 1

Category

EZPZ  Jack N' Jill DX (PS4)  98.91%
Ultra Rare  Dark Cloud 2  4.00%
Platinum-Less  Song of the Deep  
Unpopular ?  
DLC  Ni no Kuni II  Lair of the Lost Lord
Difficulty  Kingdom Hearts Final Mix  Proud Player
Speed Run ?  
MP ?  
Peripherals ?  
Bad Rep ?

This is my list. The reason I axed the following is listed below:

Unpopular/Bad Rep: I know this event is to be unbiased towards any game, but I don't want to set myself up for failure. I might look into the games in this category and try to see if any of them might be interesting to me but not during this event.

Multiplayer: I might try Final Fantasy XIV, but I have to move my Square-Enix account to this account before I can do that. Sad because they just added a really interesting DLC in Shadowwalkers.

Peripherals: The only periph I am interested in is maybe a VR game but VR would have to be borrowed from my acquaintance as I don't intend to shell out $120 for a VR set just for one game.

Speed Run: I know a few games with Speed Run trophies but they are "speed runs" and I could turn off my PS4 and play SSBU between sessions. I don't know any game which requires you to do time trials. :(

Edited by SuperSmash5U

1 minute ago, SuperSmash5U said:

Category

Difficulty  Kingdom Hearts Final Mix  Proud Player

Which game is this from exactly? I'm not seeing Kingdom Hearts Final Mix on the games list, and I'm not familiar enough with the series to know which one you're referring to :P

10 minutes ago, SuperSmash5U said:

Speed Run: I know a few games with Speed Run trophies but they are "speed runs" and I could turn off my PS4 and play SSBU between sessions. I don't know any game which requires you to do time trials. :(

You could use Kingdom Hearts Final Mix for Speed Run, as it has the trophy for beating the game in 15 hours.  Then maybe use Kingdom Hearts 2 (or even 3 as I'm sure it will have a Proud/Critical mode) for Difficulty.

I'm sure you'll be getting Kingdom Hearts 3 on release, as I know you're a big Kingdom Hearts fan ;)