ziggypossum

Alien: Isolation - Third Person Prototype and Beta Trailer

10 posts in this topic

Don’t think it would’ve been as scary in third person, wouldn’t get the same fear when peeking around corners.

This reminds me of when the Resurrection game for PS1 was originally a third-person game, too...

Seems like alien isolation got dead "spaced"!
 i think this brilliant third-person idea but is not quite as scary as the original first person

Although I normally like third person perspective way more than first person in games, I'm happy they decided to go for first person in isolation. It was the right decision. And a great game.

3rd person as a concept is cool! Although I really like the FPS aspect of it, much scarier imo.

Alien Isolation cemented itself as one of my favourite games ever. Huge fan of the overall Alien movie franchise, and I thought this game really captured the atmosphere of the original Ridley Scott movie. I also found out recently that it's officially canon in the movie-verse, with Sigourney Weaver reprising her role as Ellen Ripley to do some voice work.

I'm really bummed that all we got so far as a sequel is the mobile game. It's a real shame that we might never get to see another game like this, especially the way Alien Isolation ended.