What’s your most valuable Ps4 game?

RedDead3001

At this moment, I guess I can’t tell what’s the most valuable game I have in my collection - talking about rarity = value; as it happens to the other retro/older consoles I collect.

There are some great games on PS4 already, but there will be more promising games next years.

Ill stick with my favorites for now and not valuable: Crash and Spyro Remakes; Tetris Effect And Puyo Puyo Tetris.

i might also mention Sonic Mania Collectors Edition (most disappointing edition imho), Odin Sphere Storybook Edition And the gruesome/gorgeous limited edition of 2Dark :) 

• Like 1

Ironically...... it's Robo Defense 2. 

It's nothing special. Cost me 4.99 on a PSN sale. But it was my first platinum and I routinely will go back to it to wind down after work or before I go to sleep. I have a variety of AAA games but that gets a ton of attention, even after having platinumed it. It's a true testament to how the little things can be enough to keep a person happy. 

• Like 2

In terms of monetary value it would be Dragon Fantasy: The Black Tome of Ice. It's a limited physical release I think but I got it at a knockdown price in a local game shop. In terms of time vs price? The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth. Got it free on PS+ even though I was gonna buy it and I've pumped well over 200 hours into it despite getting the plat I still have runs of it now and then.

2 minutes ago, I need more BIOSHOCK said:

Bioshock collection for me in every way. 

Dead by daylight, I haven't stopped playing this one though since I got it off plus. Love that shit!!!! 

Never?! You like Bioshock?! I call lies, nothing about you says it...??

Edited by TOAST13TOA5T
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, FilmFanatic said:

When Dark Souls 3 came out I bought the Prestige Edition which cost me NZ$900.

ZZrFRDQ.jpg

Damn that is a sexy set if I do say so myself. I don't think I'd have paid that for it but I would've fought long and hard with the thought at least. Very nice pick up mate.

I don't think I have any valuable games such as FFVII's hard copy on PS1, but I do have a few games that are costly despite it being years after release as well as love:

I have the Japanese versions Code Realise Bouquet of Roses, FFX, X-2, XII TZA, XV and Hakuouki (PS4). I love all these games as well, and in the UK the Japanese versions tend to sell quite high in those retro stores and at gaming cons. 

None of my download versions are particularly valuable and are actually fairly cheap to buy, like Life is Strange and a bunch of free ps plus games like Beyond, Disgaea 5, Heavy Rain etc. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Feral said:

AC Odyssey. I bought the Pantheon Edition, it cost me an arm & a leg.

Oh yeah i bought it also. You agree i thought there wouldve been more for the price?

Im a big sucker for steelbooks and i have quite a few. But as far as value i have bought some limited run games and keep them sealed

For what I paid for -- FFXII TZA x2. First for the day one steelbook, second for the Square shop's exclusive bust set edition (that also came with a steelbook that was different than the one with the standard day one release). Altogether, that was 250 for both versions? I don't usually spend that much on video games, rarely pay full price at all even on day one, but that was a special exception since it was also one of my favorite games of all time. So in that case it fits both the bill for sentimental and monetary value. And I love both steelbooks and having them in my collection, and the busts are sitting on my work desk at home, so it was money well spent. I'm just trying to find a good time to sink the 100+ hours I'll need to enjoy the game all over again.

I think the only other collector's editions I have bought that weren't heavily discounted to like 19.99 after the fact, and that are somewhat hard to come by are the Spider-Man collector's edition (130 bucks, I think?) and the No Man's Sky limited edition that I got at launch (though that one wasn't expensive, just in short supply, but the demand for that seems to have dropped significantly as you can get a used version of it for around 40 dollars on ebay). I did pay a good chunk for the God of War collector's edition, but you can find that new for as low as 50 bucks now, as IGN's daily deals would have me believe (and it's entirely believable, as I've scored most of my collector's editions ranging in price from 20-40, so patience is everything, I suppose).

As far as any other ridiculously valuable games I have, you would have to dig into my old games collection, and you'll probably find a number of them that are price gouged to all hell on ebay in my Nintendo catalog since I own just about every one of their first party games since GCN, and even a hard copy of Xenoblade Chronicles and Metroid Prime Trilogy still in mint condition.

• Like 1

When it comes to "The most value" from a game - ESO hands down.

You can pick up the game for $10-$15 in PS Store during sales (even cheaper if you buy a used disc) and oh my GAH the amount of content you get is mind blowing. Seriously it's absurd how much content there's even without all the paid DLCs. 

Unlike most MMOs, every quest line is an actual adventure with its own little story and all characters are properly voiced. The best part for me is that it totally allows you to play the game solo which basically makes it Elder Scrolls 5.5 ?

My most costly game is Spider-Man. I almost never buy at full price, but I got the digital deluxe of Spider-Man, which is almost certainly the most I ever have spent or ever will spend on a PS4 game.

The most value I've gotten from a game is Helldivers. I've probably put $40-50 into it total, for hundreds of hours of fun.

FFX steelbook edition -- available in EU only because Sqeanix hates money -- for PS4. Loved it so much I bought another sealed copy and keep it in my cave.

Unfortunately, I can't display anything as I've a little one prowling around for shit to break and have yet to put up my posters since we just moved into our first house. Got nothing but time though. 

9 hours ago, TOAST13TOA5T said:

Damn that is a sexy set if I do say so myself. I don't think I'd have paid that for it but I would've fought long and hard with the thought at least. Very nice pick up mate.

Yeah it is a fantastic edition though the only thing that sucks is where I’m currently living I have nowhere to display the figures as well as all the other figures from Collectors/Special editions that I have. It’s certainly the most money I’ve spent on a single game and I doubt I’d do it again but I decided to as the Souls series is my all time favourite games series. I was pretty lucky to get it as well since it’s limited to 2000 copies worldwide (though I don’t know if that’s 2000 per platform or 2000 across all platforms) and after I had ordered it I went back to the game page and it was sold out.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Lava_Yuki said:

I don't think I have any valuable games such as FFVII's hard copy on PS1, but I do have a few games that are costly despite it being years after release as well as love:

I have the Japanese versions Code Realise Bouquet of Roses, FFX, X-2, XII TZA, XV and Hakuouki (PS4). I love all these games as well, and in the UK the Japanese versions tend to sell quite high in those retro stores and at gaming cons. 

None of my download versions are particularly valuable and are actually fairly cheap to buy, like Life is Strange and a bunch of free ps plus games like Beyond, Disgaea 5, Heavy Rain etc. 

FF7 hasn't been valuable in a long time, you can get a copy for 20 bucks off of ebay

• Like 1