Ys IX: Monstrum Nox announced for PS4

Vergil

3 hours ago, Atom1cMoose said:

which one is VII? I only see ys origin / celceta / lacrimosa on the game list for this website, maybe its not actually numbered as VII? I feel like i need to play this before playing the upcoming game, for my own sake lol

The only games with trophies are Origin, Memories of Celceta (remake of Ys IV) and Ys VIII. There are other games that you can play on PS Vita (without trophies), like The Oath in Felghana (remake of Ys III), Ys Seven (the one you are talking about was released on PSP) and Ys I & II Chronicles.

Edited by Phoenix_argentea
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Dragon-Archon said:

The translation fiasco was blown out of proportion, there were some odd sentences and names, but most of it was fine.

Is that so? The examples that come to mind make it seem like the localisation was flawed at its core. Either way, NISA saw fit to re-do the entire thing instead of just tweaking the odd name/line, and that sounds pretty bad to me. :P I doubt they would have made such an expensive decision if they thought most of it was salvageable. Comparing the scenes from the original to post-patch, it looks like a big improvement.

P.S. I haven't forgotten about the Ys event. I've just been getting sidetracked with other things and I figured it's best to only sign up once I'm fully committed. :ninja:

On 18-7-2019 at 0:11 AM, Undead Wolf said:

Is that so? The examples that come to mind make it seem like the localisation was flawed at its core. Either way, NISA saw fit to re-do the entire thing instead of just tweaking the odd name/line, and that sounds pretty bad to me. :P I doubt they would have made such an expensive decision if they thought most of it was salvageable. Comparing the scenes from the original to post-patch, it looks like a big improvement.

P.S. I haven't forgotten about the Ys event. I've just been getting sidetracked with other things and I figured it's best to only sign up once I'm fully committed. :ninja:

Yeah, that's how people blew it out of proportion by making it seem like the entire game had bad translations, but ~75%-80% of the game was fine.

Better hurry up, interest in the thread has been dying for a long time.

• Like 2