Sam Raimi's Spider-Man Suit Now Available

Ghost

31 minutes ago, The Titan said:

I would have liked to find out just by playing the DLC. And so what if the news is everywhere? I haven't seen any news anywhere on this suit. If there is I would like to not find it to avoid spoilers. But nope. 

Its not a part of the DLC, it was added in the newest patch for free

• Like 1

Guess what got me to fire up my PS4 for more than 5 minutes for the first time since Spider-Man dropped in November?

They referenced the Tobey movies in Spider-Verse's movie numerous times, that's Sony and Marvel acknowledging their greatness.

The directors of Spider-Verse said they thought about having Tobey in the movie as a voice over, and that they may go down that route in a sequel.

The screenwriter for Kraven said Spider-Man WILL be in Kraven, it's doubtful Marvel would let Sony put Tom in there, too much confusion...

And now, at the end of the year, they put the Raimi suit in the top selling, Marvel branded, Spider-Man game.

2019 baby, it's gonna be the year of Tobey! Or 2020. Or 2021, etc. The only thing that can kill my hope, is Tobey dying, until he does, he could live to be 100 and I'd still be rooting for an Old Man Spidey movie.

@Marvel, feel free to use this photo when you announce the T-Man coming home 

download.jpg

• Like 2

9 hours ago, The Titan said:

I would have liked to find out just by playing the DLC. And so what if the news is everywhere? I haven't seen any news anywhere on this suit. If there is I would like to not find it to avoid spoilers. But nope. 

It isn’t part of the dlc though it was released in the free update before the dlc dropped, and both PlayStation and insomniac announced it on twitter so wasn’t like it was kept a secret..

11 hours ago, The Titan said:

I'm sorry, but this is why we can't have nice things. It was posted all over Twitter by both Insomniac's official account and PlayStation's official account. I don't even follow Insomniac and I found out. I shared it with a friend who doesn't even own the game and he said he saw. Other gaming sites like IGN and Gamespot posted about it, too. I saw IGN's post on Facebook.

• Like 4

11 hours ago, The Titan said:

It's not part of the DLC, it came out before the DLC with a free update.

This is not a spoiler. Any info announced by the company relating to content before it releases is not a spoiler. it's a spoiler only by your standards.

If you wanted to avoid any and all info about a game you could've not visited gaming forums and sites until the DLC was out.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Armored Squirrel said:

Hmm, when did they do that?

During a mid-credits scene...don't want to spoil anything for those that haven't gotten there yet though. 

Plus during an interview with Insomniac, when asked about a sequel and why we didn't get the Symbiote suit they said the whole Venom story deserved to be told in its own game and hinted very heavily that that is where the next games main arc is going. 

As for the Raimi suit, I like it in the movie...but it looks awkward in the game, it looks like something they threw together very quickly to appease people rather than suit they had worked on for a long while. But cheers to those who like it.

Edited by Viper

10 minutes ago, Viper said:

Plus during an interview with Insomniac, when asked about a sequel and why we didn't get the Symbiote suit they said the whole Venom story deserved to be told in its own game and hinted very heavily that that is where the next games main arc is going. 

Can't wait. i do wonder if the clone saga or spider-geddon will be mentioned or hinted at in the sequel. Would be nice to fight Jackal or Mysterio, or even Carnage (I know in previous games, you get to fight symbiotes, but never liked the combat). Spider-Geddon definitely needs to be referenced, considering it'd be canon to the video game. 

48 minutes ago, Armored Squirrel said:

Can't wait. i do wonder if the clone saga or spider-geddon will be mentioned or hinted at in the sequel. Would be nice to fight Jackal or Mysterio, or even Carnage (I know in previous games, you get to fight symbiotes, but never liked the combat). Spider-Geddon definitely needs to be referenced, considering it'd be canon to the video game. 

100% agree with Mysterio. There Is so much you can do with him.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Pirelli913 said:

I'm sorry, but this is why we can't have nice things. It was posted all over Twitter by both Insomniac's official account and PlayStation's official account. I don't even follow Insomniac and I found out. I shared it with a friend who doesn't even own the game and he said he saw. Other gaming sites like IGN and Gamespot posted about it, too. I saw IGN's post on Facebook.

good for you. 

Too many people care too much about in-game content that is stylistic and doesn't impact gameplay and when it does matter, they make far too big a deal out of it and come off as incredibly entitled. I'm disappointed that Insomniac gave in to people's bullying, but I understand that it's a business decision, especially for people who will want to buy the next game. It's a nice thing to have, yay, but people must live a very privileged life to care this much about a skin.

On 12/21/2018 at 8:07 PM, The Titan said:

good for you. 

Speaking of entitled. Complaining about something before you know what you're really complaining about makes you look silly. The skin is free and it's not related to anything but a patch that you were likely going to download automatically anyway. But I guess it's easier to complain than to take half of that amount of effort and educate yourself before speaking.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, TerminalPhoenix said:

Too many people care too much about in-game content that is stylistic and doesn't impact gameplay and when it does matter, they make far too big a deal out of it and come off as incredibly entitled. I'm disappointed that Insomniac gave in to people's bullying, but I understand that it's a business decision, especially for people who will want to buy the next game. It's a nice thing to have, yay, but people must live a very privileged life to care this much about a skin.

Speaking of entitled. Complaining about something before you know what you're really complaining about makes you look silly. The skin is free and it's not related to anything but a patch that you were likely going to download automatically anyway. But I guess it's easier to complain than to take half of that amount of effort and educate yourself before speaking.

They didn’t give in to any bullying, they tweeted themselves that this was planned in the long term. Which makes sense given that they had to negotiate with Columbia Pictures/Sony/Marvel. And I’m sure for every entitled person there were 10 more who were just happy to have a suit they liked included without wanting to get involved in any drama.

• Like 1

On 12/20/2018 at 11:57 AM, Valyrious said:

The amount of bullshit Insomniac got was ridiculous. If you harass a video game developer over a fictional suit in a fictional video game, I don't care who you are but you can't complain about not being taken seriously in life.

Today, the crybabies win. But only because Insomniac are outstanding developers and gave in to the demands, and didn't even make it take up one of the three suits slots for the new DLC. 

Happy for those that feel like they finally got their $60 worth because of a meaningless suit. :P 

People are so silly and absurd.

Why are you acting like those idiots had anything to do with this decision? This was likely in the works regardless of it, since it was in demand. And most people just wanted it, without being assholes about it. But if you want to EMPOWER idiots who harass and threaten others by giving THEM credit... well, I guess more power to you. But to me, that makes you just as bad as the people you're criticizing.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Charizarzar said:

They didn’t give in to any bullying, they tweeted themselves that this was planned in the long term. Which makes sense given that they had to negotiate with Columbia Pictures/Sony/Marvel. And I’m sure for every entitled person there were 10 more who were just happy to have a suit they liked included without wanting to get involved in any drama.

I disagree wholeheartedly based on the barrage of complaints Insomniac got. I don’t think it was in the works until it threatened their public image and it was a business decision to add it. The person who speaks on behalf of Insomniac on twitter speculated as much and incited even more bullying when he said they are listening to people’s demands but there’s a difference between hearing them and following their suggestion. People got even more pissed when the suits for the third DLC came out and Sam Raimi’s spiderman suit wasn’t in it. 

Alas, I hope more people were happy about it than complained ... it’s hard to gauge or validate your 10:1 ratio since this is the Internet and people who complain have the louder voice. 

3 hours ago, The Titan said:

I said good for you. Not being mean or anything. Yah I was wrong. 

It’s hard to gauge tone especially since “good for you” can be super sarcastic without context. It does take a big person to admit they were wrong though. You don’t see that every day and it’s refreshing. Internet points for you!

42 minutes ago, TerminalPhoenix said:

I disagree wholeheartedly based on the barrage of complaints Insomniac got. I don’t think it was in the works until it threatened their public image and it was a business decision to add it. The person who speaks on behalf of Insomniac on twitter speculated as much and incited even more bullying when he said they are listening to people’s demands but there’s a difference between hearing them and following their suggestion. People got even more pissed when the suits for the third DLC came out and Sam Raimi’s spiderman suit wasn’t in it. 

Alas, I hope more people were happy about it than complained ... it’s hard to gauge or validate your 10:1 ratio since this is the Internet and people who complain have the louder voice. 

It’s hard to gauge tone especially since “good for you” can be super sarcastic without context. It does take a big person to admit they were wrong though. You don’t see that every day and it’s refreshing. Internet points for you!

You talk about it being hard to validate, which is fair enough, but I can throw that back at you for assuming it was only put in because of the whiners. No doubt they were annoyed with them, but this wasn’t something they could scrounge up in a few weeks. 

There’s nothing to disagree with here.

12 hours ago, Charizarzar said:

You talk about it being hard to validate, which is fair enough, but I can throw that back at you for assuming it was only put in because of the whiners. No doubt they were annoyed with them, but this wasn’t something they could scrounge up in a few weeks. 

12 hours ago, Charizarzar said:

I appreciate the work you put into your argument. I agree it's entirely possible that they had it months in the making. Some things don't add up for me...the timing of it, especially with the intensity being amped up at the 3rd DLC announcement, why this suit took months of negotiating vs others given it's the same parent company etc. Even Greg Miller in the tweet you quoted didn't have any inside information to prove his opinion. Of course Insomniac would never admit to being pressured into this. it would be a bad precedent to set.

I'm not a developer on this project to be able to say how long a skin like this actually takes to put together. I'm pretty sure that if I had the legal go-ahead to do it, I could pull off a suit in pretty good time. Some things just don't add up for me. Could chalk it up to my spidey-senses and I may very well be wrong. We'll have to agree to disagree.I do appreciate your positive outlook on this situation though, it's definitely something we could use more of these days. Maybe I'm just jaded...

On 12/27/2018 at 11:55 AM, Elvick_ said:

People are so silly and absurd.

Why are you acting like those idiots had anything to do with this decision? This was likely in the works regardless of it, since it was in demand. And most people just wanted it, without being assholes about it. But if you want to EMPOWER idiots who harass and threaten others by giving THEM credit... well, I guess more power to you. But to me, that makes you just as bad as the people you're criticizing.

Just because you put something in caps doesn't mean that's what I was doing. Criticizing individuals indirectly isn't the same thing as empowering them. But you're welcome to believe in whatever faulty sense of justice that you wish. Your opinion doesn't affect me in any way.