I accept defeat

Not going to 100% this due to the last bonus quest. I'm all out of ideas on how to beat them even after watching videos on it. Done around 10-15 quick plays with several lvl 99 players and we still cant make their HP bar move down, Not to mention i get one shotted 1 second after loading into the fight. Amazing balance on this fight

Yeah it's a bit of a difficulty spike. I somehow managed it on my second try. Took me and a few randoms like 25mins, and the last 15 of that was just rolling around Ardyn trying not to die while getting some random hits in. One guy died to the first dude so that didn't help either.

Then again on my first try I got paired with slightly more powerful randoms. Got Ardyn to 30% in like less than 10mins but sadly I died and got kicked out.

Keep trying, you'll find a group that can do it. I basically just did hit and run attacks and revived downed teammates when I could. It wasn't pretty, but we got it done. I'm not even level 50, and only two of the other players were high level. You don't need an ideal group, just a bit of luck.

What strategy were you using to do it? Assuming you had a Whisker setup from prior stuff easiest way is hit them once with that to proc Penetrator then hit them with the Rampage Martial Arts until you're out of MP. Warp to point to regain MP and then repeat, using the ult when it's charged, working on downing Ravus first then Ardyn.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Gage said:

What strategy were you using to do it? Assuming you had a Whisker setup from prior stuff easiest way is hit them once with that to proc Penetrator then hit them with the Rampage Martial Arts until you're out of MP. Warp to point to regain MP and then repeat, using the ult when it's charged, working on downing Ravus first then Ardyn.

Not using any "builds" really, just str/vit boosted katanas and Rampage Sigil, but could never successfully build a full meter for the special before i'm dead. Ardyn warp strikes from off screen and 1 shots me. Everyone i meet focuses on Ravus first, i deal about 200 damage per hit on him. I have 1,2k str and 817 vit and 4,5k ish HP

7 minutes ago, KristofferJr said:

Not using any "builds" really, just str/vit boosted katanas and Rampage Sigil, but could never successfully build a full meter for the special before i'm dead. Ardyn warp strikes from off screen and 1 shots me. Everyone i meet focuses on Ravus first, i deal about 200 damage per hit on him. I have 1,2k str and 817 vit and 4,5k ish HP

Do you have 100% lightning resistance on one of your weapons, and maybe death proof?  That will help with both Ravus lightning attack and Ardyn's insta-death move.  If you don't have death proof you can easily get the buff by doing the Malboro mission and picking up one of the 10* tentacles off the field - it's almost guaranteed at the end that Monica will make Murky Soup which grants Death Proof.

54 minutes ago, KristofferJr said:

I do think it would be worth making a Whisker then. Depending on your money you can basically just buy everything to level it except the behemoth tear to get a second Penetrator X ability on it. When you use it if you can get up to around 2k strength you'll hit for around 8k with Martial Arts after one hit with the whisker to proc Penetrator. And setting up Death proof like Mesopithecus said does help if you find you're getting slapped to easily. 

If you're interesting in setting up a build relatively quick you can look up the steam lazy melee one, which is set up basically using all garbage materials and then ones purchased from vendors to disassemble stuff into gems and shards. That's the setup I used and the bosses weren't as bad once I knew about the strat to proc Penetrator and then hit with martial arts. 

Edited by Gage

8 minutes ago, Gage said:

I do think it would be worth making a Whisker then. Depending on your money you can basically just buy everything to level it except the behemoth tear to get a second Penetrator X ability on it. When you use it if you can get up to around 2k strength you'll hit for around 8k with Martial Arts after one hit with the whisker to proc Penetrator. And setting up Death proof like Mesopithecus said does help if you find you're getting slapped to easily. 

If you're interesting in setting up a build relatively quick you can look up the steam lazy melee one, which is set up basically using all garbage materials and then ones purchased from vendors to disassemble stuff into gems and shards. That's the setup I used and the bosses weren't as bad once I knew about the strat to proc Penetrator and then hit with martial arts. 

I barely have any Gil, 24k or so. If only i knew about the builds you guys are suggesting sooner, But i think i'll let this one go. Don't feel like bashing my head against this challenge anymore tho. But thanks for all the suggestions and help! ?

I felt this way for a lot of the base game... I didn't have knowledge of the weapon and upgrade system... I had level 30 weapons with terrible stats. My discord group told me to look into builds and provided some links. After to read through the builds and the material that was needed, but build starter to get better and better until I finally made my Dragon Whisker lance and Ifrit was dead in 3 minutes. I feel I would be the same with Adryn & Ravus (until I start to min/max further). That Deathproof advice is amazing and I look forward to using it for my attempts this evening.

I did it on my 2nd try. I joined a game with level 97-99's, but the level doesn't matter it's your build. I'm level 61 and I dealt the second most damage. Used Rampage sigil or whatever it's called, it's hard to hit them since they keep dodging often, the battle just takes time. Keep healing your team mates and working together. This is the build I use https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1383749666

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LovesAnInjection said:

I did it on my 2nd try. I joined a game with level 97-99's, but the level doesn't matter it's your build. I'm level 61 and I dealt the second most damage. Used Rampage sigil or whatever it's called, it's hard to hit them since they keep dodging often, the battle just takes time. Keep healing your team mates and working together. This is the build I use https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1383749666

That's a very nice build, But also a lot of grind since i have no Gil on me, And i'm kind of dead tired of comrades after the 1 million kw trophy... I also had the problem of finding players for it. Out of my 15 or so tries, I only got 2 full parties of 4 people. the rest was 1 other player and 2 AI's. But like i said earlier i'm not too bothered if i can't 100% it. If i'm not enjoying it i won't push for it :P Unless offered a carry haha

Managed to complete this with only one real player and two AIs. We were both Rampage users (I used the lazy Steam build as usual). Two AIs actually makes it fairly easy since they're good at reviving others (unlike some of the real players I played today with...).

EDIT: Got Glauca's outfit from that as well :D

Edited by zadorvp

I reached this point with the Valkyrie Queen on God of War. Reached the point where I wasn't having fun and I thought my time is precious and I'm going to play something I enjoy.

Then a month or so later I got the itch to try again after watching a lot of the "Prepare to Try" Youtube channel (For anyone who doesn't know its 3 guys from UK IGN and one of them had never played dark souls so they challenged him to finish it before dark souls 3 came out. Its now turned into making him do lets plays of hard games). It made me feel like if this guys can die 100s of times and eventually triumph then maybe I still can.

Dove back into it and beat her in about 5 or 6 attempts.

So my advice would be never say never. Stop for now and crack on with your backlog maybe watch some "Prepare to Try" and wait till the urge strikes you to dive back in.

I must have been extremely lucky, I stumbled upon a group of 3, with two level 99 on my first try.

Idiot me assumed it was as easy as the rest of the quests (I didn't see it was level 99 quest) so I didn't even bother taking food.

Combat went pretty well, I was dodging a lot, focusing on Ravus as he was taking the most damage, just like the other guys, he went down very quick, my 100% thunder resistance helped too I guess.

The fourth guy was dying a lot but I was healing everyone with my Curaga Vitanova, and doing Atk/def up dances with my dancing daggers so everyone was healed and buffed.

When I got one shot out of nowhere by Ardyn I understood my mistake of not taking food, but team was healing me quickly, I think they apreciated my support. After each KO i had less and less max health, last time I went down I litteraly had 0 HP but still in danger state, but he ended up dying at the same time thankfully. And I still ended up being the second to do most damages ah!

I don't know how I did mine, but I did it with 3 others, including 1 at level 99. Even then, everyone was wiped out except for me and 1 other person who was at a lower level. I had Rampage and Dragon Whisker made with Cid's Buff and somehow I killed Ardyn with a health bar almost depleted. Ravus isn't the problem; Ardyn is. 

• 6 months later...

Had this done with two other randoms... the Rampage Sigil is the way forward to do this one. Magic isn't going to cut it with the last Bonus Mission, so rearrange your load-out to strength.  I had to do a second Honebami just to focus high on strength... Also has a double Penetrator X on the Dragon Whisker (my second Dragon Whisker as the first one only had one PX)... I'm at L80 when I got this, L77 when I started the first Bonus Mission.

The same thing is going to happen with the Kenny battle. It's easier to have companions taking them on.

On 12/21/2018 at 7:06 AM, LovesAnInjection said:

I did it on my 2nd try. I joined a game with level 97-99's, but the level doesn't matter it's your build. I'm level 61 and I dealt the second most damage. Used Rampage sigil or whatever it's called, it's hard to hit them since they keep dodging often, the battle just takes time. Keep healing your team mates and working together. 

I agree, it's your build that matters. Lvl helps alot but I'm lvl 99 and haven't beat this one yet. Haven't given up, just keep playing with randoms until I get lucky with good team mates. Hope you'll go back to it and try again sometime. I think I'm one of the few that loves Comrades, as imperfect as it is. Good luck to you!

Edited by sunnydaleAlumni
wanted to add more to my comment