Watch out Sony, Souljah Boy has a new console out!

Bullstomp

Actually Souljah Boy has multiple video game consoles out now:

https://www.dexerto.com/gaming/soulja-boy-could-be-in-hot-water-with-nintendo-over-knock-off-consoles-259060

Soulja Boy could be in hot water with Nintendo over knock-off consoles

Bill Cooney

American rapper Soulja Boy’s recently introduced line of knock-off game consoles has gotten him a lot of press and ridicule, and it could even end up getting him time in prison. The “SouljaGame Console” and “SouljaGame Handheld” are currently available on SouljaWatch.com, with the console being advertised with 3000 built-in games and the handheld being able to run Switch, 3DS, Vita, NeoGeo, Game Boy Color and Advance games, and something just referred to as “SouljaGames.”

Nintendo, whose games are being advertised as available with the consoles, is not a company to shy away from legal action on individuals doing exactly what Soulja Boy is: loading up emulator consoles with freely available game ROMs and then turning around and selling them.

In fact, according to CinemaBlend, Nintendo  is currently suing Mikel Euskaldunak, a Southern California resident who they accuse of modifying NES Classics and adding extra games, then selling the systems, which is a direct violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act. According to a new video posted by Youtuber ProtoMario, Soulja Boy has already received a letter from Nintendo suggesting that the Soulja Consoles violate the Trademark Counterfeiting Act, and if that can be proven, Soulja could face up to 10 years in prison.

“Now that he has four different game consoles that he’s selling, I’m gonna go ahead and say that Nintendo’s going to shoot for the 20-year sentence,” ProtoMario claimed in his video. “But they’re going to want his money, they’re going to want a lot of his money first.”

While Soulja may not spend time in prison for offending Nintendo, ProtoMario believes he will at least “go broke over this.”  “He’s going to have to answer for all these fake, clone consoles, and he’s probably going to have to answer to Nintendo,” the YouTuber added.  Soulja Boy also recently announced plans to start his own esport franchise competing in various games like Overwatch and Fortnite, but getting sued by Nintendo could throw a serious wrench into those dreams.

In case you want to buy a piece of sh . . .err, I mean gaming history, here is a link to Souljah's online store. Personally, I think I am going to wait for the DMX-Box?

https://souljawatch.com/collections/all

Edited by Bullstomp

I have so many questions.

Does he not have a lawyer? Why is he trying to break into every electronic market out there? Does anyone still listen to his songs? Whose buying this expensive stuff?

Nevertheless, I assume Soulja Boy is an LLC, so he personally should be unhurt from this. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kittet3 said:

I have so many questions.

Does he not have a lawyer? Why is he trying to break into every electronic market out there? Does anyone still listen to his songs? Whose buying this expensive stuff?

Nevertheless, I assume Soulja Boy is an LLC, so he personally should be unhurt from this. 

Normally the type of corporation (S, C, LLC) is in the legalese at the bottom of the website. I don't see it indicated.

Do you know if he is incorporated or was that a guess?

7 minutes ago, Bullstomp said:

Normally the type of corporation (S, C, LLC) is in the legalese at the bottom of the website. I don't see it indicated.

Do you know if he is incorporated or was that a guess?

I said assume, so I was guessing :P There's also https://souljatech.com/ which is advertising itself as a company. I don't think they have to list their incorporate status on the website

This whole situation has been such a fascinating oddity. I’d love to know if the sales numbers Soulja Boy has been talking about are actually for real and, for the first time in my life, i’m pretty excited for when Nintendo actually enforces their copyright.

1 hour ago, kidson2004 said:

Looks like he’s gonna UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU dat ass to prison soon LOL 

Probably gonna get Supermanned by dat hoe (in prison)! xD

I find this all hilarious. How stupid can he be? He's pretty much selling pirated games out in public on some sort of home-brewed emulator. Like Nintendo isn't going to get their legal team involved? Pfff...

• Like 3

Saw JonTron's video on this yesterday night. Truly, one of the most delusional ideas I've ever heard in my life. Who in their right mind would think about paying such a high amount of money for a rebranded Chinese console loaded with emulators is beyond me but, eh, I guess the guy had a dream or something.

Perhaps, he should have talked with a lawyer or just thought things straight before making this mockery. This had to be done with the sole purpose of getting attention to him. I mean, I don't think anyone would have been stupid enough to think something like this would go unnoticed >.>

• Like 1

The....the w-what now?

lOmAewK.png

I've seen a few videoes after seeing the very title of this rollercoster, and it seems very obvious and justifiable as to why Nintendo would do that. But like, this is so random?? Did one of his fans suggest this idea? Did he dream to release his own console or games? Is this his idea of a comeback? I'm not sure i want to know.

Soulja Boy was shit the instant he brought out his song "Crank Dat" back in 2007.

Why am I not surprised this scumbag could face a long prison sentence?

He is a shitty rapper, can't rap for anything, has no talent, balls or charisma. And now he's in trouble with Nintendo.

Good riddance. I will not be missing you when you're in for the long haul.

Omg so I have to share this -

https://www.google.com/amp/s/allhiphop.com/api/amp/allhiphop/news/soulja-boy-s-ready-for-war-with-nintendo-over-his-new-game-consoles-aC8EgeMfwkm7qVdwyQRzrw/

Soulja Boy's Ready For War With Nintendo Over His New Game Consoles

Soulja Boy's Ready For War With Nintendo Over His New Game Consoles The rapper flipped out in a homophobic series of posts.

Soulja Boy is here to capitalize off the video game world, but his efforts have not come without some pushback. Recently, the “Crank That” rapper unleashed his own game consoles, including SouljaGame Handheld, the Retro SouljaBoy Mini, and SouljaGame FUZE.

However, these consoles have been criticized as being way too similar to the Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and Nintendo Game Boy. Since these public comparisons are taking place online, the 28-year-old took to his 5.26 million followers on Twitter to vent his thoughts in a series of posts that have been deleted.

He wrote, “‘I’m not scared of Nintendo or none of u fa##ot nerds making YouTube videos eat a d##k and thanks for the free promo.”

In another tweet, he said “‘If Nintendo was gon do something they would have the first day. My console not going anywhere everything I’m doing is 100% legit stay mad and I’ll keep getting richer. Nintendo ain’t gon do S##T.” His choice of words have since ensued homophobic backlash, but he ain’t trippin’.

OMG I CANNOT WAIT FOR THE NINTENDO LETHAL LEGAL ENFORCERS TO BEND THIS CLOWN OVER . . .?