Bingo Bonanza 2020

Spoiler

94xNOY4.jpg

B1 (Series new to you): Strike Solitaire (NA Vita)

B2 (Historical fiction or mythology(: 12 Labours of Hercules VII: Fleecing the Fleece (Steam)

I5 (Can beat in one sitting): Doodle Devil (NA Vita)

N2 (With player choices or multiple endings): Ys Origin (PS4)

N4 (With a # or punctuation mark in the title): Fill-a-Pix: Phil's Epic Adventure (NA Vita)

O3 (Adventure): Ys Seven (Steam)

Just finished up Doodle Devil real quick for I5 and also finished 12 Labours of Hercules VII for B2.

Edited by ladynadiad

OK, time to catch up.  Played a lot of smaller games this month and filled a lot of squares.  No lines yet but I probably could have if I'd chosen different squares to stamp off.  Still, here's my card and a summary...

7LGhlo2.png

B1 - With a Female Protagonist - Forgotton Anne :platinum: - thought about using this for Anthropomorphized Animals except that animals are the only thing not anthropomorphized in this game.  Lamps, guns, mannequins, shoes, you name it but no animals so I gave it a pass on that and used the simpler one to justify. Really liked this game.

B3 - DLC Pack or Standalone DLC - Rocket League DLC Trophy Pack 4 - wanted to finish one of these for the 10 Things I Hate event so I knocked this one off

I4 - With Mystery of Detective Themes - The Invisible Hours :platinum: - a neat little murder mystery game where you can follow a detective around or the suspects depending how you use your time - more interactive theater than a game but I really liked it

I5 - Released the Year You Joined PSNP - Q.U.B.E.: Director's Cut - fun little puzzle game with came onto PSNP about a week and a half before I did in 2015 (July 21 to my August 7)

N2 - That You Can Beat in One Sitting - Burly Men At Sea :platinum: - my records say it took me 6 hrs to beat it but only because I had to go to work - don't think there was 2 hrs of game time and it could have been beat in one sitting easily if I had started it at a different time of day

N4 - Ultra Rare Platinum - Tokyo Twilight Ghost Hunters Daybreak: Special Gigs :platinum: - half the trophies for this game are UR including a plat at (with my completion) just over 1%

G3 - Featuring Romance or Romance Options - Gone Home - while it might seem a stretch, the voice logs for the documents build a great story about a young woman discovering her sexuality and an unexpected relationship - could have finished this in one sitting (and practically did) also but was worth listening to the story for a really well constructed tale that could easily be missed by rushing.  I actually collected them all again after completing the game 100% to listen to them in order and absorb the whole story that way. Really worth the time to enjoy.

O3 - With Online Features - Hidden Agenda :platinum: - the playlink feature is kind of neat and doing the competitive run through with my son was fun - no controller use, you use your phone/tablet on your home network to interact with the game and choose your path through multiple endings

Wow, feels like I did a lot this month.  Lot of shorter games as I said and the months to come look like I'll play catch up on some longer ones with a mixture during the next KYC event which should be in March.  Will likely slow down but we'll see how the card fills out and I hope to finish a line before the end of March, maybe in February.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, OhDearGodRun said:

Question: Does Steep count as a simulator? I've seen it referred to as a winter sports simulator game, as opposed to the more arcade-y SSX. Also, while it doesn't have a story to finish, I did platinum it. Would I be able to use that as the simulator space?

I think you can make that argument. Also it kinda has a story with the mountain like... voiceover bits. But yeah, either way you got the plat so it’s eligible.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, XX_FTW said:

I think you can make that argument. Also it kinda has a story with the mountain like... voiceover bits. But yeah, either way you got the plat so it’s eligible.

Sick, I can mark that off then. I only have a couple done in total, but at least I can get this space out of the way.

• Like 1

I'm marking off my Player's Choice square with Final Fantasy X. I completed the story and did a ton of other stuff to work towards the platinum but I need a break from the game. I still want to go back and finish up the platinum but after putting 70 hours in I need a breather. 

FpWnsiV.png

Spoiler

B1 With #/Punctuation - Wild Arms 3

B2 Ultra Rare Platinum - Wasteland 2

B3 Retro Rerelease - Shenmue 1

B4 Favorite Genre - Persona 4 Golden (JRPG)

B5 In a Series New to you - Uncharted 1 (Never played any of the Uncharted games but have been meaning to)

I1 Play as an Antihero/Bad Guy - Infamous

I2 You Think You'll Dislike - Yooka Laylee (I'm not a fan of Banjo-Kazooie but I bought this to play with my Fiance)

I3 Romance/Romance Options - Conception 2

I4 Started but Didn't Finish - My Hero Ones Justice

I5 Been Meaning to get to - Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories

N1 Anthro Animals - Stories: Path of Destinies

N2 Strategy/Simulation/Management - Tropico 5

N3 Players Choice - Final Fantasy X

N4 One Word Title - Knack

N5 Historical Fiction/Mythology - Okami HD

G1 Cult Favorite - Shenmue 2

G2 Mystery/Detective Themes - Enigmatis: Ghost of Maple Creek

G3 Isometric View - Donut County

G4 Based on Non-Gaming IP - Lego Dimensions

G5 Can Beat in one Sitting - Doodle Devil

O1 For Another PSNP Event - TBD

O2 Oldest in Backlog - The Sims 3 (That I plan on going back to)

O3 Sci-Fi Fantasy - Ratchet and Clank 3

O4 Arcade/Rhythm/Puzzle - Persona 3 Dancing Moon Night

O5 Online Features - Grand Theft Auto 5

On 1/26/2019 at 11:48 PM, Crimson Idol said:

The loading times are really annoying in the game, that's true. Personally I would have prefered to see way more race tracks as it feels way to repetitive in most of the career's volumes. Keeping some of the tracks from the Ride 1&2 like the various self-made ones (with slightly improved graphics) would surely add to the variety. Nonetheless I enjoyed most of the time I spend with the game and I already spend about 60 hours with it and having finished about half of all career volumes.

I agree, it would have even been nice to have more of those alternative events like overtakes, distance races etc. I definitely don't need to drive around Monza again anytime soon ?

• Like 1

bingobonanza3fertig.png

Two new games added...

O3: With Minigames: Enigmatis 2: The Mists of Ravenwood

This one was much better than the first Enigmatis as the story was way more included. Concerning both entries. The Puzzles were more different too. I'm pretty excited about the third Enigmatis title now :)  The Minigame was a memory alike thing. Two pictures that match had to be found (example bloody knife + corpse. camera + fotos) but it felt too easy. There were only 4-5 cards on screen and no penalty for being wrong. If there's no match anymore (some cards are disabled being underneath others) the game reshuffles all cards automatically :D

B4: Recommended by another PSNP Member: Saints Row: Gat out of Hell

The story is so weird, i guess it's normal for Saints Row though :D not sure haven't played any other besides the 1st hour of Saints Row 4... The story was really short and didn't feel needed at all. It's just complete challenge 1 to 20 and then bossfight :( although some challenges are funny like being an Undead and you have to throw yourself towards vehicles and hurt your body. The more the better. Fly around, burn, best both at the same time. Make cars explode by touching them :D ... but after that there are tons of collectibles and more challenges and upgrades so it will take a while to get the  nd the Devs added a trophy for playing this game 20 hours :jaymon: ... i completed the story after 6 hours so it's still a long run towards the last trophy...

Da46CEB.png

Just finished my first game.

N2 - Developed in a foreign country: Katamari Forever

Such a great game. It's just so satisfying to pick up increasingly bigger objects. This game includes most levels from each previous entry in the series, so it's pretty much the definitive Katamari experience.

Would SOMA be considered "With mystery/detective themes"? I keep going back and forth on this. On one hand, it's not a traditional detective game. On the other hand, the story has a bit of mystery in it as you piece together information about the world. I think it's a bit like "Gone to the Rapture" and I would probably consider that game fitting. If it doesn't fit, I'll probably use it as my "one word title" square. 

Here is my Jan 2019 update:

Spoiler

CSLTUIn.png

Completed:

I originally planned to use just the first part of CTNS (The Heist). However, it made more sense to me to include it as a whole.

This month, I worked mostly on RDR2. I completed the story, but I haven't decided where to put that trophy. Other than that, I started GoW, which I would probably have finished as well, had it not been for the RDR2 Online grind. I also started Episode Gladiolus from FFXV, though I don't want to use that for any challenge, seems too much to include 2 DLCs.

Looking forward to February! ? Aiming to complete GoW's story and probably starting either Detroit: Become Human or UC: The Lost Legacy.

B3: Play as a female protagonist: Period Cube
B4: Can be played in one sitting: Little Adventure on the Prairie
B5: DLC Pack or Stand Alone DLC: Furmins Bonus World

I2 Metroidvania : Devious Dungeon.

Three out of the four endings complete for my next game. I do not really enjoy it and do not recommend it for anyonr else.

B2 Play as an anti hero or bad guy: Metropolis Lux Obscura.

Hearing no objections, I'm placing Soma in my "Mystery/Detective themes" box.

ZsP64yU.jpg

I think it fits there since the entire game is the player trying to piece together the strange new world they are placed in, so that brings the mystery component to it. 

That also brought me no closer to a bingo :P I seem to be favoring the top half of my card, however

• Like 1

After playing Kingdom Hearts for five days now I can update again. It counts as my N5 - Originally Released In 2019. Additionally I can check off O1 - With Player Choices or Multiple Endings, because I finished my first playthrough of Detroit: Become Human. I'm definitely going to plat it within the next month, but for now I want to go for other games first. 

Spoiler

B1 - That gives you the feels - The Last of Us

B2 - Award-Winning - The Witcher 3 (8%)

B3 - Favourite Genre - Final Fantasy XIII (13%)

B4 - Sci-Fi or Fantasy Themes - Final Fantasy XIII-2 (1%)

B5 - With Mystery or Detective Themes - This is the Police (4%)

I1 - With Online Features - For Honor (1%)

I2 - Racing or Sports - Project Cars (10%)

I3 - With Gorgeous Vistas - Marvel's Spider-Man :platinum:

I4 - Cult Favourite - Spyro (14%)

I5 - Released the Year You Joined PSNP (2017) - Crash Bandicoot (15%)

N1 - Last Game You Acquired - Final Fantasy XV (2%)

N2 - Featuring a Romance or Romance Options - Dragon Age Inquisition (41%)

N3 - Player's Choice - 

N4 - That You Can Beat In One Sitting - Burly Men At Sea :platinum: 

N5 - Originally Released 2019 - Kingdom Hearts 3 :platinum: 

G1 - Starts With The First Letter In Your PSN ID (L) - Lumo/Little Nightmares

G2 - Retro Rerelease - Spyro 2

G3 - Historical Fiction or Mythology - God of War 3

G4 - With Minigames In It - Nightmares from the Deep: The Cursed Heart :platinum: 

G5 - Oldest In Your Backlog - Skyrim (11%)

O1 - With Player Choices or Multiple Endings - Detroit: Become Human (47%)

O2 - That Takes "Forever" To Beat - Final Fantasy X

O3 - With a # or Punctuation Mark in the Title - Ni No Kuni 2

O4 - DLC Pack or Standalone DLC - Horizon Zero Dawn: Frozen Wilds

O5 - Reboot or Spiritual Successor - Uncharted 3

• Like 1

On 1/30/2019 at 4:53 AM, Evil_Joker88 said:

bingobonanza3fertig.png

Two new games added...

O3: With Minigames: Enigmatis 2: The Mists of Ravenwood

This one was much better than the first Enigmatis as the story was way more included. Concerning both entries. The Puzzles were more different too. I'm pretty excited about the third Enigmatis title now :)  The Minigame was a memory alike thing. Two pictures that match had to be found (example bloody knife + corpse. camera + fotos) but it felt too easy. There were only 4-5 cards on screen and no penalty for being wrong. If there's no match anymore (some cards are disabled being underneath others) the game reshuffles all cards automatically :D

B4: Recommended by another PSNP Member: Saints Row: Gat out of Hell

The story is so weird, i guess it's normal for Saints Row though :D not sure haven't played any other besides the 1st hour of Saints Row 4... The story was really short and didn't feel needed at all. It's just complete challenge 1 to 20 and then bossfight :( although some challenges are funny like being an Undead and you have to throw yourself towards vehicles and hurt your body. The more the better. Fly around, burn, best both at the same time. Make cars explode by touching them :D ... but after that there are tons of collectibles and more challenges and upgrades so it will take a while to get the  nd the Devs added a trophy for playing this game 20 hours :jaymon: ... i completed the story after 6 hours so it's still a long run towards the last trophy...

How do you add pictures into your chart? I kinda want to do that for mine.