Bingo Bonanza 2020

8 hours ago, SuperSmash5U said:

Would FullBlast qualify as a one word title?

I remember seeing a speedrun of the original Evoland on RPG Limit Break 2017, and it looked nice. However, I don't know if I would like trying to get 100% in those games as they seem to be rather odd.

Yeah they're pretty out there, not really sure about the first one as I never played it but I 100%'d the second one on PC years ago, there's a lot of shit to collect & the graphic's & gameplay change up a lot so the game ain't for everyone 

I beat CoD Advanced Warfare Friday night and actually thought the story was decent. It was cliche and expected, but it was definitely a step up from Black Ops 2. I never could get into the story and characters in that one. Mostly because I loved Black Ops 1 and thought they should have just left the story there (still by far my favorite CoD). Granted, I still don't like the futuristic settings for these CoD games. Some of the stuff just comes off as silly and ridiculous instead of cool and intuitive like it's supposed to be.

rhqdrlw.png

Anyways, here's the breakdown so far. I'm actually starting to make my way towards a Bingo. I still need to go through my list of games to find something that is a one word title. Not sure that I have any new games that would fit that, so I might have to dig deep into the backlog for this one. 

B1 - Rigs MCL (plat)

B2 - Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare (story)

B4 - Raw Data (story)

N5 - Creed: Rise to Glory (plat)

O3 - Sonic the Hedgehog (100%)

PSNP-Bingo.gif

Marked my second square - That You can Beat In One Sitting: Entwined

I played through most of this game last year but never got around to doing stages 8 and 9. Decided to start over this afternoon and got through the 9 "story" levels in about an hour. Entwined has some really nice relaxing visuals to behold in the free-flying areas in between levels, which is exactly the breather you need after stages that often require intense concentration (especially in the last three levels). A very short game if all you want to do is reach the ending, but I'm going to need to invest a lot of time practising if I'm ever going to get 100% due to the very difficult challenge mode.

List of Squares Marked & Games Played

[N1] That You can Beat In One Sitting: Entwined

[I3] With a Female Protagonist: Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light

B2 Play as an anti hero or bad guy: Metropolis Lux Obscura

B3: Play as a female protagonist: Period Cube

B4: Can be played in one sitting: Little Adventure on the Prairie
B5: DLC Pack or Stand Alone DLC: Furmins Bonus World

I2 Metroidvania : Devious Dungeon.

Next added O5 For another PSNP event: Cosmic Star Heroine

Update

ABOCfwS.jpg

New games in bold

B1 - Drowning

B3 - 8-Bit Adventure Anthology Volume 1 
B4 - Little Adventures on the Prairie

B5 - Isometric View: The Sexy Brutale (Real fun puzzle mystery with time elements played in an isometric view.)

I1 - Goat Simulator Payday
I2 - Reverie
I5 - 2064: Read Only Memories
N1 - Persona 5 Dancing in Starlight

N2 - Hype!: Dig Dug (The hype is is to finally have gotten the Platinum. Been working on this one between other games for a month but two trophies had been alluding me. Until today!)

N3 - Players Choice: Playstation All Stars: Battle Royale (Vita) 

N5 - Peripherals required: Astro Bot Rescue Mission (This is the absolute best game ive played on the PSVR. Some of the challenegs were a little frustrating but the game itself is, I think, the defining game for PSVR and a must buy if you own the headset.)

G4 - Conan Exiles
G5 - Iron Crypticle
O1 - Nubla
O2 - Adam's Venture: Origins
O5 - Retro Game: God of War II

That's another bingo for me. Third bingo coming soon. Def think I can get the blackout here by the end of march.

• Like 1

On 2/9/2019 at 9:15 PM, ObsiEez said:

Also if you're into those hidden gem type games you should try out Evoland. It'd fit perfectly in your PSNP Recommended or 1 word title. It FINALLY released on PS4 after months of it being on PSNProfiles. It's a parody of old school RPG games & likes to change up it's look & gameplay to match with the game it's making a parody out of (like old school final fantasy for example) plus it's 2 games in 1 trophy list so you could use it for both recommended & 1 word! I'd be a tad skeptical though since it's kind of buggy right now so I'd wait for them to patch atleast the annoying bugs where it crashes on the final boss of the first game.

I'm still in two minds about that one. I'll have to check it out a bit more. Regardless, it's kind of a new release, and I only buy digital games if they're at least 50% off and they'll also have to be under the 10€ mark /I make the odd exception for games I think I'd really might enjoy though). Thanks for the suggestion though!

• Like 1

Another slow update. I am going slow because I know I have 42 weeks to go so it's not a big deal and gives me time to plat games for other events. ;)

checkoff4.png

I found Lara Croft GO and realized it would work for isometric view because it looks like its in that POV. It would have been completed sooner but I had to catch up on some needed sleep. I am getting a bad habit of staying up until six AM.

I could just edit my last post but...

checkoff5.png

I know that a lot of people go ape for Assassin's Creed games but I don't care about them much. However, when someone suggested that some Artifex Mundi titles have mythological themes, I first thought about Eventide: Slavic Fable... and then I realized I had deleted the account with that trilogy on it. :(

Luckily, there is another title which has genies in it, and genies are mythological creatures too. So Persian Nights: Sands of Wonder filled in O4. This is good as it is a fast simple game and I only need to reference a walkthrough so I didn't miss anything and have to do a second playthrough. I was surprised I got the hidden objects trophies done so fast, I was sure I would miss them as I am rusty with my hidden object finding skills. :P

A question: Would Dragon Quest Builders qualify for "Strategy, Simulation or Management" since it has elements of Terraria in it? I love that game.

Edited by SuperSmash5U

Update for me, just finished 'Cult Favorite' with Resident Evil 2. An amazing game, 7 playthroughs & never got bored the entire time!

n1aqFqk.png

FINISHED SQUARES:

Spoiler

B3: Spyro the Dragon: Bought it back around release but never played it until a few weeks ago.

B5: Resident Evil 2

I2: Master Reboot

I3: Spyro 2: Ripto's Rage

N3: Spyro 3: Year of the Dragon: I use my Player's Choice as 'An Easy to Platinum Game'

N4: XBlaze Lost: Memories

G2: Sly 2: Band of Thieves

G3: God of War 2018

G4: Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus

O3: Kingdom Hearts 3

O4: Just in Time Incorporated

CURRENT PLANS:

Spoiler

B1: Hitman (March 11th 2016)

B2: Not sure yet

B4: Not sure yet

I1: For Honor

I4: Metal Gear Solid 5

I5: Monster Jam Battlegrounds

N1: Far Cry 3 (Recommended by Voodoo_Eyes (don't want to tag him so he doesn't keep getting notified every update)

N2: Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep

N5: Nioh

G1: Dark Souls Remastered

G5: Skyrim

O1: Creed: Rose to Glory

O2: Kingdom Hearts

O5: Not sure yet

17 minutes ago, SuperSmash5U said:

A question: Would Dragon Quest Builders qualify for "Strategy, Simulation or Management" since it has elements of Terraria in it? I love that game.

Yes I'd think that'd count since you're doing quite a bit of managing to rebuild all the cities. & It's a great game! Can't wait for the second one.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Shoutachi said:

Might be a dumb question, but english is not my mother language.

What is "reboot or spiritual successor" supposed to mean in the bingo chart? Any examples? 1f605.png

Reboot = Game of a series that starts fresh without building on the lore or story of any previous entry of the series.

Some examples:
The Ratchet & Clank for PS4 is a reboot as it retells the story of the original Ratchet & Clank in a new way. The "new" Tomb Raider-games (2013, Rise of, Shadow of) are also considered a reboot as they tell a completely different story.

Spiritual Successors = If a game-series is well-received but doesn't seen any new entry and another new franchise by a completely different developer uses core ideas of that one game series it's mostly considered a spiritual successor

Some examples:

System Shock is a well-received series which has spiritual successors in the shape of the BioShock-franchise or Prey (the 2017 one). A Hat in Time and Yooka-Laylee are spiritual successors of Banjo-Kazooie, Mighty No. 9 of Mega Man, Bloodstained of Castlevania, Axiom Verge of Metroid.

You might also try to search for "reboot games" or "games with spiritual successors" to see a few lists so that might help you, too. :) 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Crimson Idol said:

Reboot = Game of a series that starts fresh without building on the lore or story of any previous entry of the series.

Some examples:
The Ratchet & Clank for PS4 is a reboot as it retells the story of the original Ratchet & Clank in a new way. The "new" Tomb Raider-games (2013, Rise of, Shadow of) are also considered a reboot as they tell a completely different story.

Spiritual Successors = If a game-series is well-received but doesn't seen any new entry and another new franchise by a completely different developer uses core ideas of that one game series it's mostly considered a spiritual successor

Some examples:

System Shock is a well-received series which has spiritual successors in the shape of the BioShock-franchise or Prey (the 2017 one). A Hat in Time and Yooka-Laylee are spiritual successors of Banjo-Kazooie, Mighty No. 9 of Mega Man, Bloodstained of Castlevania, Axiom Verge of Metroid.

You might also try to search for "reboot games" or "games with spiritual successors" to see a few lists so that might help you, too. :) 

Thank you very much! ?

As mentioned before I fill my chart with a few games I've completed within January. So here's my first update.

Spoiler

1tETxOt.jpg

B1 with minigames in it - Demetrios DONE

B2 That gives you the feels

B3 with online features - Drawn to Death DONE

B4 with player choices or multiple endings - Call of Cthulhu DONE

B5 starts with the first letter in your PSN-ID - Super Destronaut DX DONE

I1 Peripheral-Based - The American Dream DONE

I2 Last game you acquired - Paraiso Island DONE

I3 with a female protagonist - Cyberdimension Neptunia: 4 Goddesses Online DONE

I4 that you've been meaning to get to - Gravity Rush 2

I5 that takes "forever" to beat

N1 that "everyone" but you has played

N2 cooperative game - Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands DONE

N3 player's choice - The Sexy Brutale DONE

N4reboot or spiritual successor - Rise of the Tomb Raider

N5 award-winning

G1 one word title - Déraciné DONE

G2 arcade, rhythm or puzzle - Energy Invasion DONE

G3 sci-fi or fantasy themes - Survive! Mr. Cube DONE

G4 with a # or punctuation mark in the title - 2064: Read only Memories DONE

G5 play as an antihero or bad guy

O1 with gorgeous vistas

O2 historical fiction or mythology

O3 that you started but didn't finish - Detroit: Become Human DONE

O4 retro rerelease - Grim Fandango Remastered DONE

O5 adventure - The Wardrobe DONE

Edited by Shoutachi

cpTotal.png

B1 Hitman

I1 Syberia 3

I2 Outcast: Second Contact

I5 One Piece: Unlimited World Red

N2 Fate/Extella: The Umbral Star

N3 Get Even

N5 Strange Brigade

G1 Crossing Souls

G3 Ghost Recon Wildlands

G4 Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare

G5 Tales of Berseria

O1 Yomawari: Night Alone

O3 Mafia 3

O4 Fear Effect Sedna

Two more crossed off the list.

Hitman (can be completed in one sitting). which was a lot of fun, but it felt like half the game was missing. Especially the ending was a letdown. Granted it has a lot of replayability, taking into consideration it being an episodic release makes it far less appealing. Having 1 mission for a whole month, if not up to 3 months where the only thing you can do is replay the same mission over and over is still lacking in content in the end.

Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare (Hype), was also a blast. Probably my favourite COD campaign so far. Jetpacks, Exo suits, Hoverbikes, Mechsuits were all fun to use. Campaign seemed to be a bit on the short side though.

I've also still been working on Arc the Lad, and I just hit the part where I need to grind for a few hours. I think I'm about 27 hours in and I'm expecting 3-5 hours of grind ahead of me.

I've been forgetting to update here as I go, but I've completed five games now (those with trophy images are done, those without are just planned). I updated my original post with this but here's my progress:

You Think You Will Dislike

No Man's Sky

Strategy, Simulation, or Management

Atelier Rorona: The Alchemist of Arland

With a Female Protagonist

Final Fantasy X-2

In a Series New To You

The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel

Peripheral-Based

That's You!

With a Punctuation Mark in the Title

Orcs Must Die! Unchained

With Player-Operated Vehicles

Meow Motors

Platform Exclusive

1L13ff8b.png

Anthropomorphized Animals

Shiness The Lightning Kingdom

Originally Released in 2019

1L773d3c.png

That Gives You The Feels

Final Fantasy XIII

Play As an Antihero or Bad Guy

Lords of the Fallen

Player's Choice

World of Final Fantasy

That You Can Beat In One Sitting

1L9829fa.png

Last Game You Acquired

Persona 5

That "Everyone" But You Has Played

Uncharted: Drake's Fortune

Recommended By a PSNP Member

Rayman Legends

Metroidvania or Rogue-like

Flinthook

With Mystery or Detective Themes

Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth

One Word Title

Absolver

Featuring a Romance or Romance Options

1L1d89fc.png

Award-Winning

Overwatch

Cult Favourite

NieR

For Another PSNP Event

1Lc082a4.png

With Player Choices or Multiple Endings

Star Ocean: Till The End Of Time

• Like 4

I'm working on the Spyro Reignited trilogy now for three spaces. That boss in Spyro 2, Gulp, was a pain in the knee, he frustrated me so much that I gnashed my teeth and lost a tooth! Stupid monster! Thanks to you I have to go to the dentist and prepare an appointment to have the ruins of that tooth get pulled! ?

EDIT: I got another game on the card!

checkoff6.png

I was determined to make a Spyro game my 20th platinum. I lost a tooth in the process(don't worry, I am not in pain, the tooth was a crown, I just have an uncomfy hole in my mouth) but I eventually got the third game as my 20th. Once again I platinumed the 3rd game first, but then again, that's because you do not have to get 100% to complete the trophy list, which is probably for the best as I can ignore the annoying skateboard mini-games. You only need to get 100 eggs to fight the final boss and defeat her. Then you just do a miscellaneous trophy on each stage and speedway and beat the Sparx levels and you're ddone.

Funny enough, the last trophy I earned on this account was "Good Shoot, Tex" which was done in the railshooter part of Dino Mines. I tried to finish it but my railshooting skills sux and Agent 9 died. Seeing him lying on the ground with that look on his face after he was killed was hilarious.

xD

Edited by SuperSmash5U
  • Like 1

On 1/25/2019 at 1:47 PM, Champ147 said:

ZrcjeYO.gif

B5 - Sky Force Anniversary

I4 - Strider

G3 - Sega Genesis Classics

G4 - Resogun

O5 - 2064: Read Only Memories

Adding a new one after a couple weeks, G2 for Dragon Quest Heroes: The World's Tree Woe and the Blight Below. 

And question, would Uncharted the Lost Legacy count as a stand alone DLC? I got it as a free add on for pre-ordering Uncharted 4 but haven't played it yet. I know it has its own platinum and all so I'm unsure if it'll count. 

I've already gotten some new games for my card. If I repeat one from the last time I said this, I apologize:

You Think You Will Dislike(N5): Final Fantasy VII. Yes, THAT GAME. It's on the bottom of the toilet list of my "Favorite Final Fantasy" list. I was never really a fan of this game when it was created and the fact that you have to get the hardest "date" in Gold Saucer, the outing with Barret, who is one of my least favorite characters(I usually had Tifa and Yuffie in my party at all times) made me avoid playing this for the platinum. Also, when I completed it on PS1, it was slow and boring. Now I find there are booster commands you can use to speed the grind up and become invincible made me turn my head. Also, since Final Fantasy references are reduced to only the Moogles in Kingdom Hearts III and we won't see Cloud and Sephiroth return there, I might as well just go out of the way. I think I will dislike going back to really bad polygon models for 12 hours and Yuffie's ugly menu face, grinning like an idiot. :P

Also bought FFIX for the Switch as it came out recently. I got interested after watching a speedrun of it. The humor was a meme about Eiffel65. xD

That You Started But Didn't Finish(N4): Gonna change this to LEGO Jurassic World for PS4. I completed the first movie's levels but never got motivated to continue. Now's the time.

Strategy, Simulation or Management(O5): After consideration, I put Dragon Quest Builders here. With the sequel coming out this summer, I need to get the plat for this game again.

That Gives You The Feels(I1): Drowning. It's about depression, which my mother got inflicted with a while back, so it's personal.

Redeemed from PS+(B3): Burly Men At Sea. I would have put this down in N5 because I was reluctant to play this but I need to bite the bullet and check it out and it was either this or Day of the Tentacle and I am not really going to do that one again just yet.

And I think I put Moonlighter down for Adventure.

Edited by SuperSmash5U