Bingo Bonanza 2020

20 minutes ago, Mystvayne said:

Here are the rest of my games. I still need something for recommendation.

Reveal hidden contents

B1 - Recommended by a PSPN member: 

B2 - Released the year you joined PSNP: Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning (2012)

B3 - Adventure: Skyrim

B4 - Reboot or Spiritual Successor: Ratchet and Clank (PS4)

B5 - Oldest in your backlog: Hitman Blood Money (2006)

I1 - Racing or Sports: Onrush

I2 - With a # or Punctuation Mark in the Title: 2064: Read Only Memories

I3 - That You Can Beat in One Sitting: Burly Men At Sea

I4 - That You've Been Meaning To Get To: Dragon Quest XI

I5 - Hype!: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

N1 - Starts With The First Letter In Your PSNID: Mad Max

N2 - Ultra Rare Platinum: Stardew Valley (0.70%)

N3 - Player's Choice: Deiland

N4 - Platform Exclusive: Knack

N5 - With Online Features: TERA or Happy Dungeons

G1 - One Word Title: Bastion

G2 - With a Female Protagonist: Lightning Returns FFXIII

G3 - In A Series New To You: Mass Effect

G4 - With Minigames In It: Yakuza Dead Souls

G5 - That You Started But Didn't Finish: Rune Factory Oceans or Dragon Quest Builders

O1 - Favorite Genre: Horizon Zero Dawn (Open world, RPG, Action)

O2 - Play as an Anti-hero or Bad Guy: God of War III (PS4) or God Of War (if I've bought it by then)

O3 - That Gives You The Feels: Final Fantasy VII (PS4)

O4 - Sci-Fi or Fantasy Themes: Dragon Age II

O5 - Retro Rerelease (Originally on a Console W/o Trophies): Valkyria Chronicles

Do you want a recommendation based on games you don't have 100% on or any game? 

9 minutes ago, LucianaRosethorn said:

In that case I recommend, Sims 3 or Rainbow Moon. I love both of those games and you haven't got 100% on them yet. ^_^ 

Awesome! Thankyou very much. I will add them to my games list. I'll probably go for Rainbow Moon since I really did enjoy that game but never got around to finishing it. 

Edited by Mystvayne
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Mystvayne said:

I have a question about the Retro Rerelease (Originally on a console w/o trophies) category. Does this mean that the game had to originally be on a console that doesn't support trophies (PS1, PS2) or can it be from a console that does support trophies but the game itself didn't have any? (PS3).

My choices so far are FFVII (PS1 game now on PS4) or Valkyria Chronicles (PS3 game that had no trophies, now on PS4).

Here are the rest of my games.

Reveal hidden contents

B1 - Recommended by a PSPN member: The Sims 3 or Rainbow Moon (Recommended by LucianaRosethorn)

B2 - Released the year you joined PSNP: Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning (2012)

B3 - Adventure: Skyrim

B4 - Reboot or Spiritual Successor: Ratchet and Clank (PS4)

B5 - Oldest in your backlog: Hitman Blood Money (2006)

I1 - Racing or Sports: Onrush

I2 - With a # or Punctuation Mark in the Title: 2064: Read Only Memories

I3 - That You Can Beat in One Sitting: Burly Men At Sea

I4 - That You've Been Meaning To Get To: Dragon Quest XI

I5 - Hype!: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

N1 - Starts With The First Letter In Your PSNID: Mad Max

N2 - Ultra Rare Platinum: Stardew Valley (0.70%)

N3 - Player's Choice: Deiland

N4 - Platform Exclusive: Knack

N5 - With Online Features: TERA or Happy Dungeons

G1 - One Word Title: Bastion

G2 - With a Female Protagonist: Lightning Returns FFXIII

G3 - In A Series New To You: Mass Effect

G4 - With Minigames In It: Yakuza Dead Souls

G5 - That You Started But Didn't Finish: Rune Factory Oceans or Dragon Quest Builders

O1 - Favorite Genre: Horizon Zero Dawn (Open world, RPG, Action)

O2 - Play as an Anti-hero or Bad Guy: God of War III (PS4) or God Of War (if I've bought it by then)

O3 - That Gives You The Feels: Final Fantasy VII (PS4)

O4 - Sci-Fi or Fantasy Themes: Dragon Age II

O5 - Retro Rerelease (Originally on a Console W/o Trophies): Valkyria Chronicles

I hadn’t considered that... but for simplicity let’s keep it as written.

So a tentative list for me:

Spoiler

B1 (Series new to you): Drakengard 3 or Nier

B2 (Historical fiction or mythology): Not sure, maybe a 12 Labours of Hercules game on Steam?  Unless someone knows a good one I haven't played on PSN.

B3 (Anthropomorphized animals): I seriously have no idea here.

B4 (Favorite genre): So many picks, will be some JRPG

B5 (By an independent developer): Umineko When They Cry Answer Arcs (Steam)

I1 (Platform exclusive): Well, considering I have access to Steam, Xbox 360 and all PS systems except VR, there's a ton of choices here.   Will pick this one later.

I2 (with an isometric view): Definitely not sure on this, but I'm bound to have one on Steam somewhere.

I3 (you think you will dislike): I should just be funny and pick Bad Rats on Steam for this.  It's an infamously terrible game and a perfect pick for this one.

I4 (Originally released in 2019): Definitely will need to see what is released in 2019 to pick something here

I5: (That you can beat in one sitting): I'll pick a random short VN on Steam for this one.

N1( Released the year you joined PSNP) Well, have to find something released in 2016.  My first thought would be Xanadu Next on Steam

N2: (With player choices or multiple endings): Hatoful Boyfriend Holiday Star

N3: (Player's choice) I'll pick this at some point

N4 (With a # or punctuation mark in the title): Lots of possible choices here, probably will be a Falcom game on Steam since nearly all of those have a colon in the title

N5 (oldest in your backlog): Well, the fun thing is my PSN and Xbox 360 ones aren't eligible since I already beat them.  So that leaves Trine on Steam.  Unless the fact that my PSN one not being available leaves me with the oldest PS3 game I've owned, which is Tales of Symphonia Chronicles.  Or if I go with the oldest games owned on Xbox 360 that I haven't touched that would be Infinite Undiscovery or Star Ocean 4 (uh, no unless I can play the PS4 version of it instead and that's better for O4).

G1 (Starts with the first letter of your PSN ID): Don't think I actually own any PSN games I've not beat that begin with L  Have a ton on Steam, probably will go with Last Word or one of the Learn Japanese to Survive! games.

G2 (Recommended by a PSNP member): Uh, someone rec me something?  Open to PSN and Steam recs. My Steam profile is here   Or alternatively I could get off my butt and play Valiant Hearts: The Great War on 360 since I've received multiple recs on here for that one.

G3 (That "everyone" but you has played): Ugh, have no ideas here because most of this is stuff I haven't played for good reasons.  Maybe Tales of Berseria or Persona 5?

G4 (Redeemed from PS Plus): Um, wow, I looked at the list of games and there is absolutely nothing I would buy that I haven't already beaten on PSN.  Only two that I have any interest in I own on Steam and don't want to buy again.  Tentatively I'll go with Grim Fandango Remastered, but I have to do the Steam version.  If something else comes up that I own or wouldn't object to buying on PSN, I'll change this one.

G5 (That you've been meaning to get to): Castlevania Requiem, Persona 5 or Zero no Kiseki Evolution.

O1 (Has a one word title) Clannad on Steam

O2 (With minigames in it): About any JRPG is likely to work here so I'll pick something I haven't done for another category here.

O3 (Adventure): Definitely have a ton of picks here, will have to narrow it down later.

O4 (That takes forever to beat): Star Ocean: The Last Hope

O5 (Cooperative game) Uh, I don't do any form of MP, so I have no idea here.  Would have to be PS3 or Steam though.  Open to recs on this one too.

Okay, here's my Bingo Card! I already have some ideas about what I'll do for each category, except for Cult Favorite and one recommended by another PSNP member ?

UPDATE: I have included my completed Bingo card! ?

Spoiler

lIzfUFu.png

hwJLnbD.png 

Edited by Yen-Pop

34 minutes ago, Yen-Pop said:

Okay, here's my Bingo Card! I already have some ideas about what I'll do for each category, except for Cult Favorite and one recommended by another PSNP member ?

Reveal hidden contents

lIzfUFu.png

Just throwing some suggestions that you may enjoy based on looking at your profile:

• Cat Quest
  • NieR: Automata
  • Fallout 4
  • Torment: Tides of Numenera

• Dust: An Elysian Tail

• Like 1

there might be a way to find something periphal requiered @voodoo_eyes ... a game like Hidden Agenda needs two mobile phones or an Android Emulator if you don't have that many :) ... just install a free app on your devices to play...

There are more Playlink games (like Knowledge is Power and That's You) but those requiere 6 devices...

or Jack Box Party Pack needs a website i read in 10 Things I Hate Event that may help too (question at @XX_FTW is that ok?)

Edited by Evil_Joker88
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, Evil_Joker88 said:

there might be a way to find something periphal requiered @voodoo_eyes ... a game like Hidden Agenda needs two mobile phones or an Android Emulator if you don't have that many :) ... just install a free app on your devices to play...

There are more Playlink games (like Knowledge is Power and That's You) but those requiere 6 devices...

Yeah I know, thing is I don't like any of the playlink games and don't intend to ever play one. Thanks for the suggestion though.

(Also not a fan of Jackbox btw ;) ) It's fine though, I don't fell the need to complete every single category.

6 hours ago, ladynadiad said:

So a tentative list for me:

Hide contents

B1 (Series new to you): Drakengard 3 or Nier

B2 (Historical fiction or mythology): Not sure, maybe a 12 Labours of Hercules game on Steam?  Unless someone knows a good one I haven't played on PSN.

B3 (Anthropomorphized animals): I seriously have no idea here.

B4 (Favorite genre): So many picks, will be some JRPG

B5 (By an independent developer): Umineko When They Cry Answer Arcs (Steam)

I1 (Platform exclusive): Well, considering I have access to Steam, Xbox 360 and all PS systems except VR, there's a ton of choices here.   Will pick this one later.

I2 (with an isometric view): Definitely not sure on this, but I'm bound to have one on Steam somewhere.

I3 (you think you will dislike): I should just be funny and pick Bad Rats on Steam for this.  It's an infamously terrible game and a perfect pick for this one.

I4 (Originally released in 2019): Definitely will need to see what is released in 2019 to pick something here

I5: (That you can beat in one sitting): I'll pick a random short VN on Steam for this one.

N1( Released the year you joined PSNP) Well, have to find something released in 2016.  My first thought would be Xanadu Next on Steam

N2: (With player choices or multiple endings): Hatoful Boyfriend Holiday Star

N3: (Player's choice) I'll pick this at some point

N4 (With a # or punctuation mark in the title): Lots of possible choices here, probably will be a Falcom game on Steam since nearly all of those have a colon in the title

N5 (oldest in your backlog): Well, the fun thing is my PSN and Xbox 360 ones aren't eligible since I already beat them.  So that leaves Trine on Steam.  Unless the fact that my PSN one not being available leaves me with the oldest PS3 game I've owned, which is Tales of Symphonia Chronicles.  Or if I go with the oldest games owned on Xbox 360 that I haven't touched that would be Infinite Undiscovery or Star Ocean 4 (uh, no unless I can play the PS4 version of it instead and that's better for O4).

G1 (Starts with the first letter of your PSN ID): Don't think I actually own any PSN games I've not beat that begin with L  Have a ton on Steam, probably will go with Last Word or one of the Learn Japanese to Survive! games.

G2 (Recommended by a PSNP member): Uh, someone rec me something?  Open to PSN and Steam recs. My Steam profile is here   Or alternatively I could get off my butt and play Valiant Hearts: The Great War on 360 since I've received multiple recs on here for that one.

G3 (That "everyone" but you has played): Ugh, have no ideas here because most of this is stuff I haven't played for good reasons.  Maybe Tales of Berseria or Persona 5?

G4 (Redeemed from PS Plus): Um, wow, I looked at the list of games and there is absolutely nothing I would buy that I haven't already beaten on PSN.  Only two that I have any interest in I own on Steam and don't want to buy again.  Tentatively I'll go with Grim Fandango Remastered, but I have to do the Steam version.  If something else comes up that I own or wouldn't object to buying on PSN, I'll change this one.

G5 (That you've been meaning to get to): Castlevania Requiem, Persona 5 or Zero no Kiseki Evolution.

O1 (Has a one word title) Clannad on Steam

O2 (With minigames in it): About any JRPG is likely to work here so I'll pick something I haven't done for another category here.

O3 (Adventure): Definitely have a ton of picks here, will have to narrow it down later.

O4 (That takes forever to beat): Star Ocean: The Last Hope

O5 (Cooperative game) Uh, I don't do any form of MP, so I have no idea here.  Would have to be PS3 or Steam though.  Open to recs on this one too.

Maybe this helps for the anthropomorphized one.Video games featuring anthropomorphic characters

Edited by voodoo_eyes

@ladynadiad for the Anthropomorphized Animals category, the games would need to contain animals that have been given human traits.

Looking at your profile, if you'd like to finish up either Kingdom Hearts 1 or 2, those would count via Donald, Goofy, and Mickey. If you'd like something quick on Steam, if you haven't finished all of the Hatoful Boyfriend VNs, those would also count, as well as Grandia 2 (due to the character of Mareg), and any of the Sam & Max games. It also looks like you have Octodad (though I've read reviews that have stated that the controls are rough). 

Personally, I really enjoyed Sam & Max: The Devil's Playhouse. Each episode was packed with humor & only took a max of 2-3 hours each. So, it was a win-win in my book.

I know this is a lot, but I hope it helps! 

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, InfinateEternity said:

@ladynadiad for the Anthropomorphized Animals category, the games would need to contain animals that have been given human traits.

Looking at your profile, if you'd like to finish up either Kingdom Hearts 1 or 2, those would count via Donald, Goofy, and Mickey. If you'd like something quick on Steam, if you haven't finished all of the Hatoful Boyfriend VNs, those would also count, as well as Grandia 2 (due to the character of Mareg), and any of the Sam & Max games. It also looks like you have Octodad (though I've read reviews that have stated that the controls are rough). 

Personally, I really enjoyed Sam & Max: The Devil's Playhouse. Each episode was packed with humor & only took a max of 2-3 hours each. So, it was a win-win in my book.

I know this is a lot, but I hope it helps! 

Sam & Max on Steam actually wouldn't work because they don't have achievements and I've played them on PSN already.  I've already beaten Kingdom Hearts I and II so they aren't eligible.  Grandia 2 isn't a bad choice though because I need to get around to finishing that one.

I'll join! :) This sounds like great fun!

Here is my bingo card - I'll be honest, I did re-generate one, but only because a category was "game you started but didn't finish", which I've never done with a game as I'm obsessed with completing things to 100% xD

dcvjqbm-0f30aaf6-a8a9-4427-ad6d-1718245c

Progress so far (plat images added to complete games, links to non-complete):

You Think You Will Dislike

Alien: Isolation

Strategy, Simulation, or Management

1L7a05ad.png

With a Female Protagonist

1L2e73ff.png

In a Series New To You

1Lf68317.png

Peripheral-Based

1L3777dc.png

With a Punctuation Mark in the Title

1Lafda7a.png

With Player-Operated Vehicles

1L5435f7.png

Platform Exclusive

1L13ff8b.png

Anthropomorphized Animals

Shiness The Lightning Kingdom

Originally Released in 2019

1L773d3c.png

That Gives You The Feels

The Last Guardian

Play As an Antihero or Bad Guy

Lords of the Fallen

Player's Choice

1L780863.png

That You Can Beat In One Sitting

1L4d5bab.png

Last Game You Acquired

Monster Hunter World: Iceborne

That "Everyone" But You Has Played

1L3a97ae.png

Recommended By a PSNP Member

1Le0c262.png

Metroidvania or Rogue-like

1L6ed4d9.png

With Mystery or Detective Themes

1L3eb5ea.png

One Word Title

1L9829fa.png

Featuring a Romance or Romance Options

1L1d89fc.png

Award-Winning

1L3a3dab.png

Cult Favourite

1L6c2a31.png

For Another PSNP Event

1Lc082a4.png

With Player Choices or Multiple Endings

1L136513.png
Edited by Kristycism
  • Like 3

33 minutes ago, Kristycism said:

Someone recommend games to me (for the "Recommended By a PSNP Member")? I like Platformers (especially collectathons, but I think I've already played most of them), JRPGs with good stories, and open world games with lots of things to collect.

I recently started Rayman Legends which has been a fun platformer. There are quite a few collectibles and it will probably take about three months to finish due to the achieving the highest level of awesomeness trophy. It was also free earlier in the year so it's possible you already have it in your backlog. 

For the JRPG, you have a few Final Fantasy's in your profile, but I don't see several of them. There is enough information about them where I'm sure you don't need a ton of detail, but VII has an open world with tons of collectibles and there aren't really any dumb trophies like the Jump Rope in IX. The grind on VII was lessened by the ability to speed up time. When I played VII as a kid, getting the summon master materia took a very long time and it wasn't nearly as bad with the speed boost. The good news is that you can choose to play  at the regular pace if you want. None of these are earth shattering recommendations but they are worth a play anyways :)

6 minutes ago, OhDearGodRun said:

Could someone suggest a strategy, simulation, or management game? I'm really not a fan of those genres.

I can't recommend any XCOM game enough in the strategy genre. If you are a PS+ member and got XCOM 2 for free a few months back...that game is one of my favorites ever. It is not easy by any stretch, but the challenge is part of what makes it great. Other awesome strategy games would be Valkyria Chronicles Remastered. I personally liked The Banner Saga, which has an Oregon Trail feel to it.  If you're a masochist...Catherine is usually on the cheap side and is a very challenging strategy/puzzle game.

• Like 3

Kudos on the interesting and novel idea. I'm in, here's my card.

sqbEE49.png

https://bingobaker.com/play/1867308/a82627652f8ba739be830b729ede73ee

I'll be working around that peripheral-based square but everything else is fair game. I'll just be aiming for "bingo baby" to start but if I feel adventurous may aim for "retirement ready".

By the way @XX_FTW is it imperative that one declares their games before the event commences or is it just come as you are, adding as one plays them throughout the year?

Spoiler

Ideas

DLC  Square- Dead Space 2: Severed, DA: Origins: The Golems of Amgarrak + Darkspawn Chronicles

Hype- Resident evil 2

Co-op- Journey ???

Year joined PSNP- The Last Guardian

Fav Genre- Dragon Quest XI

Edited by paranoia_agent85
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Kristycism said:

Someone recommend games to me (for the "Recommended By a PSNP Member")? I like Platformers (especially collectathons, but I think I've already played most of them), JRPGs with good stories, and open world games with lots of things to collect.

I see you haven't done Shadow of the Colossus on the PS4, that may tickle your fancy. A memorable but not really demanding game (unlike the PS3 version, I've done both). I knocked it over in four days so it should be cake for you.

Edited by paranoia_agent85
  • Like 1

On 27.12.2018 at 0:49 AM, XX_FTW said:

I’m not holding anyone to any particular game for any category, until you report a challenge completed. So if you play Game X and use it to mark off Square N4, that is then set. If you say you’re planning to play Game Y for Square B2 but end up playing Game Z instead, that’s completely fine.

Here's your answer @paranoia_agent85 :)

• Like 2

@Evil_Joker88 thanks! And yes, re: jackbox.

@paranoia_agent85 that’s exactly how I will be playing, so yes! Playing what I play and matching what I can. Hopefully I can reach Elite Grandma with this approach. The only challenge I’ve made intentional plans for is the PSNP Event square as I wanted it out of the way in the winter when I generally have more time.

• Like 2

Finished my list.  Managed to squeeze a lot of the backlog on to it.  Two birds with one stone.  I'd also like to take this moment to make an ill-advised, drunken boast: I will complete my bingo card AND I will not consider a box checked unless it is platinumed/100%'ed!

1w44Wlp.jpg  
  • Like 1