Bingo Bonanza 2020

I've filled in a couple more squares! I3 is taken care of with Burly Men at Sea, which was released in 2017 when I joined PSNP, and I5 is filled with Tales from the Borderlands. Tales from the Borderlands ended up being hands down my favorite Telltale game of the ones I've played. It actually made me want to play a real Borderlands game, even though I'm sure its not the same at all :lol: I am still not really any closer to a Bingo; hopefully I'll have a more coordinated looking effort in another month ;)

Updated original post to reflect completions.

Edited by Dinkus83

7xCxHMV.png

I1 Syberia 3

I2 Outcast: Second Contact

I5 One Piece: Unlimited World Red

N2 Fate/Extella: The Umbral Star

N5 Strange Brigade

G1 Crossing Souls

G3 Ghost Recon Wildlands

O1 Yomawari: Night Alone

O3 Mafia 3

O4 Fear Effect Sedna

Crossed off the 10th box now. Syberia 3 was my pick for "game with female protagonist".

Not a fan of the game. Exceptionally dated, laggy and clunky point-and-click adventure.

23 minutes ago, paranoia_agent85 said:

Just curious, what games are people using or planning to use for the isometric view square? I'd appreciate some ideas.

Strategy games would work (Constructor, Legends of War, X-Com), Tactical RPGs (Disgaea, Tears to Tiara), a bunch of other RPGs (Diablo, Pillars of Eternity, Torment: Tides of Numenara, Divinity: Original Sin, Wasteland 2). Essentially anything that is primarily from a sort of angled top-down perspective.

Edited by voodoo_eyes
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, paranoia_agent85 said:

Just curious, what games are people using or planning to use for the isometric view square? I'd appreciate some ideas.

You could also look into Swords of Ditto or Reverie if you are looking for something shorter. Reverie is really easy and is great. I heard Swords of Ditto is a nice little indie as well and isn't horribly difficult or time consuming. Can't attest to that though. I haven't played it.

• Like 1

Update Mine 2/2 :

B
Based On a Non-Gaming IP  - 
Men In Black: Alien Crisis :platinum: 

With an Isometric View    

Cult Favorite    - Sekiro: Shadow Die Twice (Plan to play)

Peripheral-Based  - Pictionary: Ultimate Edition (Plan to play)

That You Started But Didn't Finish - Word Search by POWGI (PS Vita) :platinum: 

I
That You've Been Meaning To Get To  

Last Game You Acquired    - 

Developed In a Foreign Country    - Super Destronaut DX (PS Vita) :platinum: 

Redeemed from PS Plus    

Starts With The First Letter In Your PSNID - Far Cry New Dawn (Plan to Play)

N
With a Female Protagonist    - 
 Assassin's Creed Odyssey: Additional Feat DLC (Wait for Full Release)

DLC Pack or Standalone DLC   - Overcooked 2 DLC 1f4af.png

Player's Choice    

Play As an Antihero or Bad Guy  -   Transformers: Dark of The Moon  :platinum: 

Featuring a Romance or Romance Options - Assassin's Creed Odyssey: Legacy of the First Blade DLC with Full 3 Episodes (Wait for Full Release - Patch fixed EP2 to have proper consequence romance option after internet backlash)

G
Metroidvania or Rogue-like   
-  Majin and the Forsaken Kingdom :platinum:

One Word Title    

Ultra Rare Platinum    -   Space Overlord  :platinum: 

Favorite Genre    - Days Gone (Plan to Play)

With a # Or Punctuation Mark in the Title - It's Spring Again  1f4af.png

O
That "Everyone" But You Has Played    
- Overcooked 2 :platinum: 

That Takes "Forever" To Beat    - 

Sci-Fi or Fantasy Themes  -  Generator Rex: Agent of Providence (Plan to play)

Reboot or Spiritual Successor    - Prince of Persia :platinum: 

Historical Fiction or Mythology  - Assassin's Creed Odyssey: Atlantis DLC with Full 3 Episodes (Wait for Full Release)

https://bingobaker.com/play/1867308/1152290aa68d9e830f2c33baeedead80

Edited by FielVeredus

PSNP-Bingo.gif

Finally marked my first square - With a Female Protagonist: Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light

Was pleasantly surprised by this game - I wasn't sure if a Tomb Raider game would work well from an isometric perspective and with a heavy focus on co-operative play, but this proved to be very enjoyable for the most part (although I haven't actually tried the co-op mode yet). Some parts were clearly designed with 2 players in mind, but it's perfectly playable as a single-player game too. If you're searching for ideas for the Isometric Perspective or Co-Operative categories then you can do a lot worse than this; and you might already have it if you've been a long-term subscriber to PS Plus (it was part of the IGC in 2012).

Edited by Melanogaster1987

Just a couple of updates:

Added Kingdom Hearts 0.2 Fragmentary Passage as Players Choice

Also finished the story of Kingdom Hearts 3 today, so adding that as Originally Released in 2019.  I've really enjoyed it, still got some stuff to finish up for the platinum but it's mainly just synthesis and gummi missions.

FwfvK1S.png

N2 - Retro Rerelease (Originally on a console without trophies)

Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance (was originally on the 3DS)

N3 - Players Choice

Kingdom Hearts 0.2 Birth by Sleep: A Fragmentary Passage

N5 - Originally Released in 2019

Kingdom Hearts 3

O4 - That You Can Beat in One Sitting

Super Destronaut DX

ZEcYnn5.jpg

New games in bold

B4 - Little Adventures on the Prarie
I1 - Goat Simulator Payday Since Spiderman's NG+ didn't count, heres a full different dlc pack for Goat simulator.
I2 - Reverie
I5 - 2064: Read Only Memories - There is a race of genetically modified hybrid people and one of the main characters is a Catgirl named Jess
N1 - Persona 5 Dancing in Starlight - Your romances in Persona 5 are part of the story and you can continue them in dialog choices
G4 - Conan Exiles - Big open world game. Good vistas
G5 - Iron Crypticle
O1 - Nubla
O2 - Adam's Venture: Origins

Spoiler

aDVaTPc.png

Slowed down quite a bit, and I'm not likely to have another done for a while.

I2: Banjo-Kazooie  (beat)

N3: Song of the Deep (100%)

N5: Kingdom Hearts (beat)

Definitely going back to work on Kingdom Hearts soon, though I'm not sure I want to bother with the platinum. Got a few annoying trophies out of the way and I'm set up for another as soon as I want to give the freaking hour-long final boss fight another try. Yay for your default weapon's miserable damage.  <_<

I was bright enough to miss the stat-ups in my inventory until the end of the game, so it took a lot longer than it needed to. Also missed the spell shortcuts until the... fourth? attempt on said final boss.

Fun aside from the ending stuff, though.

Kind of lost interest in Banjo-Kazooie and quit after the credits - it just didn't hold up well next to the other platformers I played in January. May get back to it someday.

Planned to have O2 done, but couldn't get remember the controls for Destroy All Humans... or really find the motivation to try, since I didn't care for it before.

Song of the Deep was quite enjoyable, aside from being too stupid for a few of the mirror puzzles.

Spoiler

vbRpt2Z.jpg

B1 (Series new to you): Strike Solitaire (NA Vita)

B2 (Historical fiction or mythology(: 12 Labours of Hercules VII: Fleecing the Fleece (Steam)

B3 (Anthropomorphized animals): Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (PS4)

I5 (Can beat in one sitting): Doodle Devil (NA Vita)

N2 (With player choices or multiple endings): Ys Origin (PS4)

N4 (With a # or punctuation mark in the title): Fill-a-Pix: Phil's Epic Adventure (NA Vita)

O3 (Adventure): Ys Seven (Steam)

Beat Lacrimosa of Dana and decided to put it in the Anthropomorphized animals square.  The reason for this is due to some characters you meet in the final chapter.  I'll probably finish the B column first since favorite genre just needs me to toss any RPG I beat that doesn't fit elsewhere into it and by an independent developer is one I have a bunch of possible choices for, but I'm probably putting Umineko in there once I finish the last episode of it.

• Like 1

On 23.12.2018 at 8:26 AM, ArdorTichy said:

Count me in. Good to have a whole year for it.r1h5xj.jpg

https://bingobaker.com/play/1867308/1e5e24e89ce018450af30cc1aecf109c

First update

B2 - Spyro 3: Year of the Dragon

B4 - Burly men at sea 

I2 - Hatoful Boyfriend 

N5 - Game of Thrones (Monthly Madness)

O5 - Laser Disco Defenders (developed in the UK)

No photo description available.

So I finally updated my Bingo Card.

G2 - Arcade/Puzzle/Rhythm Game: Tetra's Escape - Small 3D looking game with simple Tetris style platforming. Quite fun and not overly difficult/

O2 - Developed in Foreign Country: Kingmaker: Rise to the Throne - Artifex Mundi games are always easy to play, but based in Silesia they are definitely Foreign to me.

I3 - Game with Punctuation: Guacamelee! 2 - Sequel to one of my favourite Metroid-style games and just as funny.

B5 - Started but didn't Finish: Color Guardians - Could never get the ending done. Got all the way to the boss and just couldn't get it right. Completed the remaining trophies and somehow found the ability to finish it, considering my non-ability in Rhythm games.

O5 - Released in 2019: Resident Evil 2 - Bought the remake on release and have finished the Leon A campaign. Just as tense and scary as I remember it.

7 hours ago, FielVeredus said:

what does

That You've Been Meaning To Get To  

actually mean?

A lot is going to depend on you, but it's mostly that game in your backlog or you haven't bought that you plan to play someday, but somehow you just haven't had a chance to yet.  Maybe you're waiting for it to go on sale or every time you meant to buy it something else came up.  Or if you own it you planned on playing it but something came up and you haven't gotten around to it.  Or maybe you even started it way back when and have been meaning to get back to it and just haven't had a chance.  Stuff like that would fall into the meaning to get to box.

• Like 3

End of/Beginning of the Month recap.

YOuqgsi.png

(B1): Oldest in Your Backlog - Assassin's Creed II

(B2): With Mystery or Detective Themes - Until Dawn

(B3): Play as an Antihero or Bad Guy - inFAMOUS 2

(B5): You Think You Will Dislike - Waking Violet

(N1): With Mini-Games in it - Kingdom Hearts II

(N5): In the Series New To You - Trine

(I4): From Another PSNP Event - The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct (10 Things I Hate About Games

(O3): With an Isometric View - Transistor

I just 100%ed Sonic the Hedgehog earlier for another event. I think this warrants for a Bingo spot. Specifically, O3

XaSNe0t.png

B1 - Rigs MCL

B4 - Raw Data

N5 - Creed: Rise to Glory

O3 - Sonic the Hedgehog

Once I beat CoD: Advanced Warfare (PS3) and Platinum Astro Bot: Rescue Mission, I'll take out B2 and B3 and then I just need to find a game I have with a one word title for my first Bingo. I'll also be playing Deathspank 2 which I'm just going to chalk up as "Oldest in Your Backlog" because I honestly don't know what that it, but if it's not DeathSpank 2, it's pretty damn close. I've had that one for YEARS!

4th Game down.

B2- Originally Released in 2019- Kingdom Hearts 3.

It's hard work being a fan of this series at times (Been there since day 1), game has its issues, but I still quite enjoyed it.

I really hope we aren't waiting too long for another...

Spoiler

B1- In a Series New to You 

B2- Originally Released in 2019- Kingdom Hearts 3

B3- That You've been Meaning to Get to 

B4- Metroidvania or Rogue-like- One More Dungeon

B5- That You Can Beat in One Sitting

I1- That Takes "Forever" to Beat"

I2- By An independent Developer

I3- Anthropomorphized Animals

I4- Reboot or Spiritual Successor

I5- Developed in a Foreign Country

N1- Sci-Fi or Fantasy Themes

N2- Redeemed from PS Plus- Grim Fandango Remastered

N3- Player's Choice

N4- Award- Winning

N5- That Gives you the Feels

G1- With Player Operated Vehicles

G2- With player Choices or Multiple Endings

G3- Recommended by a PSNP Member

G4- With Online Features

G5- With Gorgeous Vista's

O1- Ultra Rare Platinum

O2- Last Game You Acquired

O3- Platform Exclusive

O4- Featuring a Romance, or Romance Options- Valkyria Chronicles

O5- Adventure

Edited by Shadowlord87

1 hour ago, Tale_Xander said:

I Have a Question? If a game you buy is a collection, and the trophy list are all in one, would you treat the whole collection as one game or still each game separately? Ex: Walking Dead collection, Megaman collection, dot Hack, etc

Since this event focuses on finishing the story, and not so much on trophy completion, I would guess they should be treated as separate games. I could be wrong though. 

• Like 1

I finished up O4 with Persona 3 Dancing Moon Night. It's a very easy rhythm game to platinum and took about 9-10 hours. I played the Japanese version on the Vita and sure I didn't know anything that was going on but knowing Japanese isn't required to play the game. 

BtzuyHK.png

Spoiler

B1 With #/Punctuation - Wild Arms 3

B2 Ultra Rare Platinum - Wasteland 2

B3 Retro Rerelease - Shenmue 1

B4 Favorite Genre - Persona 4 Golden (JRPG)

B5 In a Series New to you - Uncharted 1 (Never played any of the Uncharted games but have been meaning to)

I1 Play as an Antihero/Bad Guy - Infamous

I2 You Think You'll Dislike - Yooka Laylee (I'm not a fan of Banjo-Kazooie but I bought this to play with my Fiance)

I3 Romance/Romance Options - Conception 2

I4 Started but Didn't Finish - My Hero Ones Justice

I5 Been Meaning to get to - Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories

N1 Anthro Animals - Stories: Path of Destinies

N2 Strategy/Simulation/Management - Tropico 5

N3 Players Choice - Final Fantasy X

N4 One Word Title - Knack

N5 Historical Fiction/Mythology - Okami HD

G1 Cult Favorite - Shenmue 2

G2 Mystery/Detective Themes - Enigmatis: Ghost of Maple Creek

G3 Isometric View - Donut County

G4 Based on Non-Gaming IP - Lego Dimensions

G5 Can Beat in one Sitting - Doodle Devil

O1 For Another PSNP Event - TBD

O2 Oldest in Backlog - The Sims 3 (That I plan on going back to)

O3 Sci-Fi Fantasy - Ratchet and Clank 3

O4 Arcade/Rhythm/Puzzle - Persona 3 Dancing Moon Night

O5 Online Features - Grand Theft Auto 5