Bingo Bonanza 2020

YNWteQi.png

Making great progress in dodging any potential Bingo.

Anyway, got two more games done.

Player's Choice - Get Even. which is an interesting mix of stealth, horror, fps. The later not being all that great. Story is pretty good though, as is the setting.

That you started but didn't finish - Tales of Berseria, which was also pretty good. There is however way too much back and forth in that game, and some dungeon layouts are overly complicated. The friendly AI is not the brightest either, as they continuously use spend their mystic arte attack on trash mobs that have a sliver of hp left.

I1 Syberia 3

I2 Outcast: Second Contact

I5 One Piece: Unlimited World Red

N2 Fate/Extella: The Umbral Star

N3 Get Even

N5 Strange Brigade

G1 Crossing Souls

G3 Ghost Recon Wildlands

G5 Tales of Berseria

O1 Yomawari: Night Alone

O3 Mafia 3

O4 Fear Effect Sedna

On 12/27/2018 at 4:32 PM, Niamh5445 said:
  Reveal hidden contents

A2rKxSY.jpg

It took me awhile but i think i have a list for most of the categories. If anyone has any suggestions for the empty ones or a recommendation for the recommended by psnp member square that would be much appreciated. I'm thinking to maybe try to play Skylanders has it has a few minigames in there to get collectibles but i might find a better game to play. I'm also thinking of Mass effect as BioWare are the masters of romances but i could restart Dragon Age as i have that in my backlog. 

B1: Play as antihero or bad guy – GTA 5

B2: Hype! - 

B3: One Word Title - Fe

B4: Strat/sim or management – Jurassic World Evolution 

B5: That you can beat in one sitting – Firewatch

I1: Reboot or Spiritual successor – Uncharted 2  

I2: With minigames in it – skylanders?

I3: Cult favourite – Nier Automata

I4: Recommended by psnp member – Everybody's Gone to the Rapture (Recommended by Evil_Joker88)

I5: With player choices/multiple endings - (Was Infamous 1) Detroit: Become Human

N1: Redeemed from PS Plus – Rachet and Clank

N2: With isometric view – Donut County

N3: Players choice -

N4: With player operated vehicles – Gears of War

N5: Originally released in 2019 - Anthem

G1: That takes forever to beat – Mass effect 2

G2: Featuring a romance or romance options – Mass Effect?

G3: Ultra rare plat - Fortnite

G4: Historical fiction or mythology - ACO

G5: With a female protagonist – Beyond Two Souls

O1: For another psnp event – need to join one

O2: Adventure – The Walking Dead Season 2

O3: Anthropomorphized Animals- Spyro 2

O4: With gorgeous vistas -

O5: By an independent dev – (Was Adventure Pals) Cat Quest. 

I finished off another game from the list so 3 down :). I switched out Adventure Pals with Cat Quest as it was on sale and looked interesting from the trailer. The story is finished but i will go back to get the platinum as a personal goal for this bingo game. I think the next game to go for will be Spyro 2 then Anthem as it comes out in a couple weeks time.

I've also been thinking about making some changes to the list.

I2: This will now be Watch_Dogs 2 as it follows the first game which included mini games. 

N5: Its now confirmed as Anthem as i played the demo and put down a preorder on it.  

G2: Someone recommended that i play ME2 then 3 and go back to 1 so Mass Effect 3 is currently in this spot though i might change this later.   

O1: It will now be one of the skylanders games either trap team or giants as i joined the project platinum group for this. 

Spoiler

Ib6fknV.jpg

• Like 2

I spent a week on an MMORPG which is not a PS4 game, so I decided to push an update this week with my first Platinum trophy in February.

checkoff.png

I took the free space in the center with a nice 8-bit AFK masher, Buff Knight Advanced. However, the RNGods were not on my side - I didn't get the last artifact until I had maxed out the level of half of the other artifacts! :(

Next up should be either B3 or G3 as I have games for both categories. ;)

My current plan for what I know will go on the bingo card:

Spoiler
  • N1: Spyro the Dragon (starts with S)
  • G1: Dark Cloud 2 (still ultra rare and fun story to go through)
  • I2: Ratchet and Clank (reboot of the original Ratchet and Clank)
  • N2: Ni no Kuni II - Revenant Kingdom (because I have a DLC pack I promised for another event)
  • G2: Kingdom Hearts III (I am going to start on it on March 1 so I have time for other games)
  • B3: Day of the Tentacle Remastered (PS+ free game on January of last year)
  • I3: Disgaea 5 (because they have a map creator and you can play contributed maps, which helps with grinding a lot)
  • G3: Abyss - Wraiths of Eden (made by Artifex Mundi, and is part of another event)
  • O3: Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep Final Mix (the Keygliders and Rumble Racing minigame)
  • B4: Spyro Ripto's Rage!
  • O4: Probably Nubla if I chose to put RiME in B1
  • B5: Spyro 3 - Year of the Dragon (lots of those animal-people in this one!)

Edited by SuperSmash5U
  • Like 1

Hi I'd like to join! My bingo card & plans are below. I'm also adding a rule for myself that I have to platinum the game aswell as finish the story or "beat" the game just because I like a little challenge.

BINGO CARD

Spoiler

6609f825fd1e207e0a7cb942c9378c39.png
CURRENT PLANS: None of this is written in stone & I might change as I go along

Spoiler

B1: 2016, going to look for a game I own in that year.

B2: Not sure yet.

B3: The Surge.

B4: Not sure yet.

B5: Resident Evil 2

I1: For Honor

I2: Dragon Quest Heroes: The World Tree's Woe and the Blight Below

I3: World of Final Fantasy

I4: Not sure yet.

I5: Not sure yet.

N1: Need recommendations for this one!

N2: Not sure yet.

N3: Saving this for later.

N4: Heavy Rain.

N5: Nioh

G1: Not sure yet.

G2: Sly 2: Band of Thieves

G3: Not sure yet.

G4: Not sure yet.

G5: Skyrim

O1: Not sure yet.

O2: Need recommendations for this since I don't know very many.

O3: Saving this for later.

O4: Creed: Rise to Glory

O5: Not sure yet.

If you guys have any recommendations for games in the categories I don't have or a better suited game for the categories I've already picked then I'd be happy to hear theme! 

Also a question, would stacked trophies count into different categories? Say if I platinumed Kingdom Hearts on PS3 already but it isn't on my bingo card since I finished it already would I be able to use the PS4 version on my bingo card that I haven't started yet even though I've technically already platinumed the game before

Edited by ObsiEez
  • Like 1

57 minutes ago, ObsiEez said:

Also a question, would stacked trophies count into different categories? Say if I platinumed Kingdom Hearts on PS3 already but it isn't on my bingo card since I finished it already would I be able to use the PS4 version on my bingo card that I haven't started yet even though I've technically already platinumed the game before

Yes. That is permissible :]

On 4.2.2019 at 3:55 AM, Tale_Xander said:

I Have a Question? If a game you buy is a collection, and the trophy list are all in one, would you treat the whole collection as one game or still each game separately? Ex: Walking Dead collection, Megaman collection, dot Hack, etc

A few pages earlier the question arose towards Zero Escape: The Nonary Games which combines 2 games in 1 trophy list and the answer was you can count them differently so that should mean the same applies to The Walking Dead and others too :)

Found it on page 15 (10th January) @XX_FTW said the following

Yes, they are separate games despite the trophy list so you can count them as such.

thx to @Psy-Tychist for mentioning another Artifex Mundi game which was added to my wishlist immedeatly :D

Edited by Evil_Joker88
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, Niamh5445 said:

I finished off another game from the list so 3 down :). I switched out Adventure Pals with Cat Quest as it was on sale and looked interesting from the trailer. The story is finished but i will go back to get the platinum as a personal goal for this bingo game. I think the next game to go for will be Spyro 2 then Anthem as it comes out in a couple weeks time.

I've also been thinking about making some changes to the list.  

G2: Someone recommended that i play ME2 then 3 and go back to 1 so Mass Effect 3 is currently in this spot though i might change this later.   

Although the gameplay is dated compared to ME3 I'd still do Mass Effect first, also ME2 lacks emotional impact at certain points (the opening especially) without the context of the first. Your call though, congrats on the progress.

Update: I really liked the way @SuperSmash5U did their card with the game pictures so I redid my card the same way plus a few new games.

O0BE20R.jpg

New games in bold

B1 - Starts with the same letter as your PSN Name: Drowning (30 minute walking simulator. Did it for the Bingo

B3 - Mystery or Detective elements: 8-Bit Adventure Anthology Volume 1 (a trio of old school NES adventure games including Deja Vu where you play a 1940's detective with amnesia trying to uncover the mystery of a murder it looks like you committed)
B4 - Little Adventures on the Prarie
I1 - Goat Simulator Payday
I2 - Reverie
I5 - 2064: Read Only Memories
N1 - Persona 5 Dancing in Starlight
N3 - Players Choice: Playstation All Stars: Battle Royale (Vita) (Got it done before the servers went down forever)
G4 - Conan Exiles
G5 - Iron Crypticle
O1 - Nubla
O2 - Adam's Venture: Origins
O5 - Retro Game: God of War II (from the PS3 remastered collection)

That's a Bingo! @XX_FTW

Edited by DoctorDrPepper
  • Like 4

Well i think it's about time for an update!

Just finished Soma and since my update I have also managed to get the 100% for Rain and Happy Dungeons and the Platinum for LittleBigPlanet Karting, bumping me up to 6/25 now complete.
My son really enjoyed playing through Happy Dungeons with me co-op, and it's also one of those games where you can 100% without actually completing the story missions. With the goal of this event being to complete the stories of games, I've included a couple of screenshots to show we also finished the story missions, at least on the "Human" difficulty.

For February, my son and I have now moved onto Lego City Undercover as our next game, and I might work on Agents of Mayhem, and also try and get Lara Croft and Psycho-Pass finished off for a complete O, but we'll see how it pans out!

Happy Dungeons:

Spoiler

2c08c46403bbb17e098a0b4ae48745ab.png836d5b0d688e7734ccdb446f9467e036.png

Updated Bingo card:

Spoiler

6137ff6299e5786627db71e0879480de.png

• Like 1

Here is an update!

checkoff2.png

I did Abyss: Wraiths of Eden for another event but since I don't have the "for another event" square, I put it in "developed in a foreign country" square since Artifex Mundi is a Polish/Swede/European game developer. People call their titles EZPEAS but I think that the stories are much more important than the gameplay and these games came out on the PC first and had the same achievements in game, so don't knock it until you try it. :P

I probably won't get Blackout in this event because of the following squares:

• Last Game You Acquired: Nobody will get this square because we are constantly upgrading our game count so unless we never buy a game until the event ends, any game we put down will get invalidated. Am I wrong?
  • Racing and Sports: I don't like these genres. I've only raced in Mario Kart 7 on 3DS and hated it.
  • Historical or mythological fiction: The only titles I can think of that fit this are the Assassin's Creed series for historical and God of War for mythology and I will never play either of those series despite what people say.

Also, to @DoctorDrPepper I say I'm glad you're inspired by my picture, but those game images don't work in that ratio, they stretch ugly.

Edited by SuperSmash5U

Update: Finished one game so far, currently working on Kingdom Hearts 3 as my 125th plat so going to be a bit slow on mine. Also still need recommendation's for N1!

jcymgGz.png

CURRENT PLANS: None of this is written in stone & I might change as I go along. Anything in bold has been completed.

Spoiler

B1: 2016. Not sure yet.

B2: Not sure yet.

B3: The Surge.

B4: Not sure yet.

B5: Resident Evil 2

I1: For Honor

I2: Dragon Quest Heroes: The World Tree's Woe and the Blight Below

I3: World of Final Fantasy

I4: Not sure yet.

I5: Not sure yet.

N1: Need recommendations for this one!

N2: Not sure yet.

N3: Saving this for later.

N4: Heavy Rain.

N5: Nioh

G1: Not sure yet.

G2: Sly 2: Band of Thieves

G3: Not sure yet.

G4: Not sure yet.

G5: Skyrim

O1: Creed: Rose to Glory.

O2: Need recommendations for this since I don't know very many.

O3: Saving this for later.

O4: Not sure yet.

O5: Not sure yet.

Edited by ObsiEez

6 hours ago, SuperSmash5U said:
  • Last Game You Acquired: Nobody will get this square because we are constantly upgrading our game count so unless we never buy a game until the event ends, any game we put down will get invalidated. Am I wrong?

This was asked about earlier in the thread. Basically, it's down to your interpretion of it. So, it could be the last game you acquired at the time of creating your list, or at the time you start that challenge, or any other way you can make it work :)
Personally, I chose Detroit: Become Human for my square. It was the last game I had physically purchased (no PS+ freebies or digital) at the time of creating my list.

On 22/12/2018 at 2:34 AM, XX_FTW said:

For “Last Acquired”, it’s up to you. You could either use the rule of “last before Bingo starts” or “last before attempting the box”. I think either is fair and within the spirit of the challenge.

• Like 1

Update:

Took me almost two weeks but i finally finished Gravity Rush 2 for the Gorgeous Vistas category! Kat is a great waifu, she's the best! ?

Screenshot-20190206-050035.png

B1: For Another PSNP event (eigen-space's event: 10 Things i Hate About Games - Ultra Rare Platinum Category): Mortal Kombat X :platinum:+1f4af.png

B2: That You Can Beat in One Sitting: One Eyed Kutkh 1f4af.png

I3: With Gorgeous Vistas: Gravity Rush 2  :platinum:+ 1f4af.png

N1: One word title: Onrush :platinum:

Been awhile since i have updates. i have finished B4,O3 O5 since i updated and now have 4 games done. also moved a few games around again

B1 - Last Game You Acquired |  Whatever I Buy Next

B2 - That Everyone But You Has Played | Metal Gear Solid: Phantom Pain 5

B3 - Historical Fiction or Mythology | Nioh

B4 - That You Can Beat In One Sitting | InkSplosion

B5 - In A Series New to you | Kingdom Hearts 

I1 - Based on a Non-Gaming IP | TBD

I2 - You Think You Will Dislike | Telltale Game of Thrones

I3 - That You've Been Meaning To Get To | Ratchet and Clank 

I4 - With an Isometric View | Nex Machina: Death Machine

I5 - Adventure | God of War

N1 - Racing or Sports | Party Golf

N2 - Oldest in Your Backlog | Infamous First Light

N3 - Player's Choice | TBD

N4 - One Word Title | Onrush

N5 - Favourite Genre | TBD

G1 - Originally Released in 2019 | Judgement/Project Judge

G2 - Metroidvania or Rogue-like | Hoilow Knight

G3 - Starts With The First Letter In Your PSNID | TBD

G4 - Ultra Rare Platinum | Mighty no.9

G5 - Hype! | TBD

O1 - Reboot or Spiritual Successor | Burnout Paradise Remastered

O2 - With Player Choices or Multiple Endings | Psycho-pass Mandatory Happiness

O3 - By an Independent Developer | QUBE Directors Cut

O4- Sci-Fi or Fantasy Themes | Pier Solar and the Great Architects

O5 - With Minigames in it | Fist of the North Star: Lost Paradise

Edited by Ampplaca

17 hours ago, masdawg1988 said:

This was asked about earlier in the thread. Basically, it's down to your interpretion of it. So, it could be the last game you acquired at the time of creating your list, or at the time you start that challenge, or any other way you can make it work :)
Personally, I chose Detroit: Become Human for my square. It was the last game I had physically purchased (no PS+ freebies or digital) at the time of creating my list.

Well, that's good but I don't remember what the last game I got before starting the event. :(

9 hours ago, SuperSmash5U said:

Well, that's good but I don't remember what the last game I got before starting the event. :(

That's ok, you could just make it the last game you acquire before attempting the square.

If you are constantly collecting new games, wait until you get one that you really want to play sooner rather than later that doesn't really fit into any categories of your remaining squares at the time, and go for it then ?

On 1/15/2019 at 9:59 AM, Squirlruler said:

Thanks to @Sir_Bee  for showing this to me, somehow missed it.

Sounds fun!

Here is my card:

https://bingobaker.com/play/1867308/e74959a97ac0a58ceed9cc520cd267e0

Image link:

Reveal hidden contents

DTpvnjQ.png

Game plan:

Reveal hidden contents

Games linked when completed.

B

4 One Word Title: SOMA

I

4 That "Everyone" but you has played: Bloodborne

N

1 Independent Developer: Journey

4 Player Operated Vehicles: InnerSpace

5 You think you will dislike: Fallout 76

G

4 That takes "Forever" to beat: Rainbow Skies

O
4: DLC Pack or Standalone DLC: Shadow of the Tomb Raider: The NightMare

@XX_FTW Got my first row. :]

• Like 3

On ‎2‎/‎5‎/‎2019 at 6:16 PM, SuperSmash5U said:

• Racing and Sports: I don't like these genres. I've only raced in Mario Kart 7 on 3DS and hated it.
  • Historical or mythological fiction: The only titles I can think of that fit this are the Assassin's Creed series for historical and God of War for mythology and I will never play either of those series despite what people say.

Don't count yourself out. What I love about this challenge is that it asks you to play outside that comfort zone. As Uncle Drew would say, " You miss 100% of the shots you don't take". You never know you may come across a title that will bridge a gap to something.

For ideas hmmm, Sports and racing games can take some time, if you want an easier title there is NBA 2k19 the Prelude. it is FREE, and should only last about an hour or so tops I believe. Most of that being story.

Historical can be rather broad. If I had that category I would use either of the Broken Sword 5 games on Vita. A rather simple point and click mystery that does dabble in history.

Your choice though.

On 2/5/2019 at 7:16 PM, SuperSmash5U said:

Historical or mythological fiction: The only titles I can think of that fit this are the Assassin's Creed series for historical and God of War for mythology and I will never play either of those series despite what people say.

Do you like VNs?  If so the Hakuoki games are a good pick if you haven't played any of them.  They are based on the Meiji era of Japan and the tales of the Shinsengumi.  The Code Realize games also would be a decent fit that you could justify based on either the setting being inspired by Victoria era England or the fact that the guys you can romance are from famous historical literature.

If you aren't a fan of VNs, another idea could be a game like Jotun.  That plays like the Diablo games and is based on Norse mythology, and it's supposed to be pretty short.  Artifex Mundi has a few good games based off legends and myths.  Sherlock Holmes: Crime and Punishment or Devil's Daughter likely would fit since those are based off the Sherlock Holmes stories which are set in a historical setting.  If I remember right, Darksiders is based on myth as well.  Keep in mind that myth doesn't require it to be greek or roman myths.  You can go with any source of mythology.  Heck, something with youkai like the Touhou games could potentially count since youkai are Japanese mythology.    Even something like Castlevania: Requiem could work since those games are definitely a historical setting.