Bingo Bonanza 2020

Very interesting idea. Count me in, please.

Just got my card and haven't made any decisions or even thoughts about the games I'll choose ?

Just a quick question (I didn't find anything about it in the faq's and I'm too lazy to read 23 pages of this threat): is it possible to use games I have completed since 1st January 2019 until now but before I have joined the event?

1tETxOt.jpg

Edited by Shoutachi

2 hours ago, Shoutachi said:

Very interesting idea. Count me in, please.

Just got my card and haven't made any decisions or even thoughts about the games I'll choose 1f601.png

Just a quick question (I didn't find anything about it in the faq's and I'm too lazy to read 23 pages of this threat): is it possible to use games I have completed since 1st January 2019 until now but before I have joined the event?

1tETxOt.jpg

Yes you may. As long as the story was finished this year.

Hi all, 

Remember back on page 19 ➡️ (https://forum.psnprofiles.com/topic/69162-bingo-bonanza-2019/?do=findComment&comment=1763673) when I said that one square (Player's Choice) would be HiTMAN 1 legacy and HiTMAN 2 ? Yeah, I didn't realise these are behemoth games... Can I split them so that HiTMAN 1 legacy fullfills one square (say, Players' Choice) and then HiTMAN 2 fulfills another (say, Part of Another Event)? I need a break from murder people with household items ? I very much enjoy the game, but I need a break. I am thinking of playing something happy, funny, upbeat to counter balance the World of Assassination ?. BTW, any recomendations for happy, funny, upbeat titles? 

cheers!

4 minutes ago, lcrystal__ said:

Hi all, 

Remember back on page 19 27a1.png (https://forum.psnprofiles.com/topic/69162-bingo-bonanza-2019/?do=findComment&comment=1763673) when I said that one square (Player's Choice) would be HiTMAN 1 legacy and HiTMAN 2 ? Yeah, I didn't realise these are behemoth games... Can I split them so that HiTMAN 1 legacy fullfills one square (say, Players' Choice) and then HiTMAN 2 fulfills another (say, Part of Another Event)? I need a break from murder people with household items 1f605.png I very much enjoy the game, but I need a break. I am thinking of playing something happy, funny, upbeat to counter balance the World of Assassination 1f601.png. BTW, any recomendations for happy, funny, upbeat titles? 

cheers!

Yes. Since they are separate games, you can do that. The question was asked about the TTG Walking Dead collection and confirmed, so I am sure it would apply here as well.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Squirlruler said:

Yes you may. As long as the story was finished this year.

Oh shit I didn't know you could do that. Using Kingdom Hearts 3 as one of my things then. Thought it was after joining the event the story has to be completed & everything done before that isn't valid. Good to know, thanks!

@XX_FTW in regards to the field "that you can beat in one sitting". I just wrapped up Hitman, and while a blind playthrough took me several hours, knowing where and how to take out targets significantly reduces the time in which it can be completed to 2-3 hours tops. That would very well be in the "one-sitting" possibility. So what I'm wondering is, does it have to be completed in one-sitting for a game to count, or does it suffice if it's possible to beat in one sitting?

1 hour ago, voodoo_eyes said:

@XX_FTW in regards to the field "that you can beat in one sitting". I just wrapped up Hitman, and while a blind playthrough took me several hours, knowing where and how to take out targets significantly reduces the time in which it can be completed to 2-3 hours tops. That would very well be in the "one-sitting" possibility. So what I'm wondering is, does it have to be completed in one-sitting for a game to count, or does it suffice if it's possible to beat in one sitting?

Umm, I think you can count it under the understanding of using a guide to complete it. 

• Like 1

On 2/5/2019 at 8:16 PM, SuperSmash5U said:

• Racing and Sports: I don't like these genres. I've only raced in Mario Kart 7 on 3DS and hated it

For racing, you could maybe try Coffin Dodgers - it's basically old people racing on mobility scooters, it's fairly easy overall and is on sale often.  Alternatively, there is also this which seems easy: https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/7691-super-kids-racing  Guide rates it a 1/10 difficulty and it takes an hour (probably less)

It took me a while to get too. You see at the bottom right of your post when you edit it says "Insert other media"? Click that then click insert image from URL. 

27 minutes ago, DownfieldImp415 said:

I'm in quick question how do I insert my bingo card

Edited by Hunter226037

As mentioned by @Squirlruler as long as the story was finished this year it's eligible (even if you finished it before joining the event) so I got a big update aswell as my first line! @XX_FTW

Also a question, for "Based on a non-gaming IP" would the original Kingdom Hearts count since it takes place it a bunch of Disney worlds & wasn't a series back then?

Also Need recommendation's for N1. Going to pile up some recommendation's & pick one from the recommendation's.

Current Recommendation's:

Donut County

wzf1Nk0.png

FINISHED SQUARES:

Spoiler

B3: Spyro the Dragon: Bought it back around release but never played it until a few weeks ago.

I2: Master Reboot

I3: Spyro 2: Ripto's Rage

N3: Spyro 3: Year of the Dragon: I use my Player's Choice as 'An Easy to Platinum Game'

N4: XBlaze Lost: Memories

G2: Sly 2: Band of Thieves

G3: God of War 2018

G4: Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus

O3: Kingdom Hearts 3

O4: Just in Time Incorporated

CURRENT PLANS:

Spoiler

B1: Hitman (March 11th 2016)

B2: Not sure yet

B4: Not sure yet

B5: Resident Evil 2

I1: For Honor

I4: Metal Gear Solid 5

I5: Monster Jam Battlegrounds

N1: Need recommendations for this one!

N2: Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep

N5: Nioh

G1: Dark Souls Remastered

G5: Skyrim

O1: Creed: Rose to Glory

O2: Need recommendations for this since I don't know very many

O5: Not sure yet

Edited by ObsiEez
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, ObsiEez said:

Also Need recommendation's for N1. Going to pile up some recommendation's & pick one from the recommendation's.

Current Recommendation's:

Donut County

What kind of games do you like? You might end up with a bunch of recommendations from genres you don't enjoy playing, so it would help to condense it a bit.

1 hour ago, voodoo_eyes said:

What kind of games do you like? You might end up with a bunch of recommendations from genres you don't enjoy playing, so it would help to condense it a bit.

Good point, thank you for that.

I enjoy Stealth games & JRPG's mostly. I enjoy a really good story but I'm not really too picky about genres. As long as it isn't sports, racing, bland & overly fluffed I'll most likely enjoy it

27 minutes ago, ObsiEez said:

Good point, thank you for that.

I enjoy Stealth games & JRPG's mostly. I enjoy a really good story but I'm not really too picky about genres. As long as it isn't sports, racing, bland & overly fluffed I'll most likely enjoy it

In that case I can recommend the following for the specified genres:

• Lost Dimension (JRPG, sci-fi setting)
  • République (stealth game, interesting story, a lot of collectibles)
  • Dishonored: Death of the Outsider (stealth game, good story)

and for the rest that ain't sports related or dull:

• Dead Space (survival horror)
  • Fallout 3 (Action-RPG)
  • Resident Evil 5 (survival horro)
  • Borderlands (looter shooter)
  • God of War 3 (hack-and-slash)
  • Demon's Souls (Action-RPG)
  • The Darkness 2 (FPS)
  • Prototype 2 (Action-Adventure)
  • Far Cry 3 (Open world FPS)
  • I Am Alive (survival game)
  • Far Cry: Blood Dragon (Open world FPS)
  • Ratchet & Clank: Into The Nexus (Action-Platformer)
  • The Order 1886 (FPS)
  • The Book of Unwritten Tales 2 (Point-and-click)
  • Dex (2D sidescroller, Action-RPG)
  • The Sexy Brutale (puzzle game)
  • Nier Automata (Hack & Slash, Action-RPG)
  • Shantae: Half-Genie Hero (Action-Platformer)
  • Layers of Fear (Psychological Horror)
  • Detention (horror)
  • Beholder: Complete Edition (great stories, a lot of different endings, some micro-management)
  • The Evil Within 2 (Survival Horror)
  • Little Nightmares (Horror/Platformer)
  • Uncharted: Lost Legacy (Action-Adventure)

9 hours ago, ObsiEez said:

As far as JRPGs go, I'd recommend Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel and Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana.  Both have great stories, interesting characters and fun gameplay.

4 hours ago, voodoo_eyes said:

Far Cry 3 (Open world FPS)

Thank you for all the suggestions. I'll probably end up doing Far Cry 3 or Dishonored Death of the Outsider but I'm more likely to do Far Cry 3 mainly because it's just been in my backlog for awhile & I don't even own Dishonored Death of the Outsider yet but loved the first 2.

But wow I'm surprised you recommended Beholder! That game is an underappreciated hidden gem. Played it back when it release on PC & was hyped that it was getting a PS4 release & got it a few weeks after release. 

24 minutes ago, ladynadiad said:

As far as JRPGs go, I'd recommend Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel and Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana.  Both have great stories, interesting characters and fun gameplay.

Yess, I heard those were really good & have been meaning to pick up Ys VIII for awhile now but keep getting distracted by other games going on sale.

25 minutes ago, ObsiEez said:

Yess, I heard those were really good & have been meaning to pick up Ys VIII for awhile now but keep getting distracted by other games going on sale.

Ys VIII is so much fun that I've done the Vita stack and then went and bought the PS4 version and played it again.  It's also a good starting point for a newbie to the series.  I know it doesn't tend to get really good sales, but it seriously is worth it.  Trails of Cold Steel is very worth it too, and PS4 versions of the first two games are coming out soon too.

1 hour ago, ObsiEez said:

But wow I'm surprised you recommended Beholder! That game is an underappreciated hidden gem. Played it back when it release on PC & was hyped that it was getting a PS4 release & got it a few weeks after release.

Yeah, it's an exceptionally underrated game. I was skeptical at first too and granted on my first playthrough I wasn't the biggest fan. After starting from scratch it's now become one of my favourite games.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, voodoo_eyes said:

Yeah, it's an exceptionally underrated game. I was skeptical at first too and granted on my first playthrough I wasn't the biggest fan. After starting from scratch it's now become one of my favourite games.

Also if you're into those hidden gem type games you should try out Evoland. It'd fit perfectly in your PSNP Recommended or 1 word title. It FINALLY released on PS4 after months of it being on PSNProfiles. It's a parody of old school RPG games & likes to change up it's look & gameplay to match with the game it's making a parody out of (like old school final fantasy for example) plus it's 2 games in 1 trophy list so you could use it for both recommended & 1 word! I'd be a tad skeptical though since it's kind of buggy right now so I'd wait for them to patch atleast the annoying bugs where it crashes on the final boss of the first game.

Would FullBlast qualify as a one word title?

2 hours ago, ObsiEez said:

Also if you're into those hidden gem type games you should try out Evoland.

I remember seeing a speedrun of the original Evoland on RPG Limit Break 2017, and it looked nice. However, I don't know if I would like trying to get 100% in those games as they seem to be rather odd.

• Like 1

Another update!

checkoff3.png

Since I didn't get my question answered about FullBlast, I had to go with the old standby for One-World Title, Nubla. (Yes, it's also The World of Nubla but this is the American version of the game which is just Nubla.) It's a very fast and simple puzzle title. I have already downloaded two games to fill up two squares and will work on them tonight: Lara Croft GO for the Isometric View and Persian Sands: Nights of Wonder for the O4 square - it is steeped in Arabian Mythology. Also purchased Moonlighter for O5, it'll also work for the Games I Hate Event for Speedrunning.

Edited by SuperSmash5U
  • Like 1