Bingo Bonanza 2020

Hey guys just asking how long do you guys reckon the game would have to be to classify for "Takes forever to beat" I'm thinking Kingdom Come Deliverance but if we're just going off the time it would take for solely doing the main quest line & not counting the time you'd be dicking about doing side quests before finishing the game then it'd only be about 15-20 hours. So basically is it just counting the time from start to finish & everything inbetween or just start to finish for just the main story. Thanks in advance!

54 minutes ago, GarciaFever said:

I don't know if this counts, but does South Park: Stick of Truth follow under Cult Favorite?

Yes I'm pretty sure that'd count since South Park itself already a cult favorite that'd extend to its games as well as long as they're good, which it is. Short answer, yes it should count!

Edited by ObsiEez

6 hours ago, GarciaFever said:

@ObsiEezthank you for he answer. As for your question, I would just count the main story from start to finish. A good example of this is Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriot.

Yeah but that game is mostly long af cause of the cut scenes (I'm looking at you that one cutscene on the boat) but getting that game platinumed was a pain. I got a couple of games in mind then for that spot but that spot won't be crossed off for a long while. Thanks for the answer! 

I have a new update for my cart.

Zff3DVq.png

B1: Metroidvania or Rogue-Like: Guacamelee STCE

B2: One Word Titel: Soma

I1: Featuring a Romance or Romance Options: Hatoful Boyfriend

N1: With Minigames in it: Danganronpa Trigger Happy Havoc (Danganronpa 1-2 Reloaded) I got every trophy from the first game of the collection

N4: With Gorgeous Vistas: Marvel's Spider-Man

G2: That you started but didn't finish: Randal's Monday

13 hours ago, ObsiEez said:

Hey guys just asking how long do you guys reckon the game would have to be to classify for "Takes forever to beat" I'm thinking Kingdom Come Deliverance but if we're just going off the time it would take for solely doing the main quest line & not counting the time you'd be dicking about doing side quests before finishing the game then it'd only be about 15-20 hours. So basically is it just counting the time from start to finish & everything inbetween or just start to finish for just the main story. Thanks in advance!

It really depends on what is long for you. For some 20h is forever and for others 50h is still short.

I only count games in which I got the platinum/100% so I would count the time from start to getting the last trophy.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, MarkusT1992 said:

It really depends on what is long for you. For some 20h is forever and for others 50h is still short.

I only count games in which I got the platinum/100% so I would count the time from start to getting the last trophy.

Yeah I'm only updating with platinums since beating the game would be a bit too easy & I'd have probably already filled out my card so I'm going based off plats. I feel like if it's over like 25h for JUST the main story & not the side stuff I would count as "takes forever to beat" since it would feel that way since it's not counting the side stuff & I guess Kingdom Come Deliverance on your first run the story could take that long & once you know it can be easily beaten in like 10-20 hours. so I think I'm going to use that for my Takes forever to beat spot.

Anyway you're card is coming along pretty nicely, if you need one for the 2019 spot I recommend Resident Evil 2 or Far Cry New Dawn. New Dawn being the preferred one if you're looking for an easier plat & faster mark off as well as cheaper, but Resident Evil 2 if you're looking for a more enjoyable experience. Plus New Dawn isn't a full priced game & is only about half price of a full game but it's only only about half the length of a Far Cry game (mostly just there to tide us over until the next Far Cry.

2 More done :)

B3- That You've Been Meaning to Get to- Crash Bandicoot 2: Cortex Strikes Back

I3- Anthropomorphized Animals- Crash Bandicoot: Warped

I finished most of Crash 1 at the end of last year, couldn't quite get the platinum done before the year was over, so it was the first of the year, decided to do something else before going for the other 2 due to how hard I found it. As it turns out, Crash 2 & 3 are much easier to get the plat for.

Child of Light is Next, for N1- Sci-Fi or Fantasy Themes.

Spoiler

B1- In a Series New to You 

B2- Originally Released in 2019- Kingdom Hearts 3

B3- That You've been Meaning to Get to- Crash Bandicoot 2: Cortex Strikes Back 

B4- Metroidvania or Rogue-like- One More Dungeon

B5- That You Can Beat in One Sitting

I1- That Takes "Forever" to Beat"

I2- By An independent Developer

I4- Reboot or Spiritual Successor

I5- Developed in a Foreign Country

N1- Sci-Fi or Fantasy Themes

N2- Redeemed from PS Plus- Grim Fandango Remastered

N3- Player's Choice

N4- Award- Winning- Red Dead Redemption 2

N5- That Gives you the Feels

G1- With Player Operated Vehicles

G2- With player Choices or Multiple Endings

G3- Recommended by a PSNP Member

G4- With Online Features

G5- With Gorgeous Vista's

O1- Ultra Rare Platinum

O2- Last Game You Acquired

O3- Platform Exclusive

O4- Featuring a Romance, or Romance Options- Valkyria Chronicles

O5- Adventure

Edited by Shadowlord87
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, ObsiEez said:

Anyway you're card is coming along pretty nicely, if you need one for the 2019 spot I recommend Resident Evil 2 or Far Cry New Dawn. New Dawn being the preferred one if you're looking for an easier plat & faster mark off as well as cheaper, but Resident Evil 2 if you're looking for a more enjoyable experience. Plus New Dawn isn't a full priced game & is only about half price of a full game but it's only only about half the length of a Far Cry game (mostly just there to tide us over until the next Far Cry.

I wouldn't count Resident Evil 2 because the category says originally released in 2019. RE2 is a remake, so it's not the first time being released. I think that topic was discussed some time ago.

Before I play Far Cry New Dawn I want to play Far Cry 5 and I don't know when I'll play it.

Thanks for the suggestions nontheless.

• Like 1

Bingo card updated:

ubEjuOO.png

N3: Hitman 2016 (played as legacy thru Hitman 2)

Lots of people here already bingo'ed rows/columns, but it is ok. I like taking my time. Plus I have been also playing non-qualifying games, either because it is a trophy clean up run (AC Black Flag) or because the system does not have a tracking system (PSP Tactics Ogre). So many games, so little time.

@XX_FTW you forgot to add me! also, great event idea! the prompts are suggestive but not limitating and there's plenty of time to play leisurely ? 

Edited by lcrystal__
fixed picture
  • Like 2

Another one done:

N1- Sci Fi or Fantasy Themes- Child of Light.

A fairly short little RPG, with a nice art style. Picked up the deluxe version of the game on sale over Xmas, came with both PS3 & 4 versions, and a cutesy little key chain. I'll probably do the PS3 version as well at some point in the future.

Spoiler

B1- In a Series New to You 

B2- Originally Released in 2019- Kingdom Hearts 3

B3- That You've been Meaning to Get to- Crash Bandicoot 2: Cortex Strikes Back 

B4- Metroidvania or Rogue-like- One More Dungeon

B5- That You Can Beat in One Sitting

I1- That Takes "Forever" to Beat"

I2- By An independent Developer

I4- Reboot or Spiritual Successor

I5- Developed in a Foreign Country

N1- Sci-Fi or Fantasy Themes- Child of Light

N2- Redeemed from PS Plus- Grim Fandango Remastered

N3- Player's Choice

N4- Award- Winning- Red Dead Redemption 2

N5- That Gives you the Feels

G1- With Player Operated Vehicles

G2- With player Choices or Multiple Endings

G3- Recommended by a PSNP Member

G4- With Online Features

G5- With Gorgeous Vista's

O1- Ultra Rare Platinum

O2- Last Game You Acquired

O3- Platform Exclusive

O4- Featuring a Romance, or Romance Options- Valkyria Chronicles

O5- Adventure

• Like 1

This looks like a fun event, count me in.

My bingo card:

Yc1adfS.jpg

B1      Dead Nation(PS Vita)

B2      -

B3      -

B4      -

B5      -

I1       Final Fantasy X HD

I2       -

I3       英雄伝説 空の軌跡 FC Evolution  -  Also reserved for 200th platinum & 9000  trophies milestones

I4       -

I5       Norn9: Var Commons

N1   FINAL FANTASY XII THE ZODIAC AGE

N2    -

N3   Ys VIII : Lacrimosa of DANA (PS4)

N4   -

N5  Heavy Rain(PS4)  -  recommended by gunman47

G1   -

G2   -

G3   -

G4   -

G5   -

O1   -

O2  Sonic Adventure

O3   -

O4   -

O5   -

I´ll add more  later until I have decided other suitable games for challenge categories but any suggestions are welcomed.

• Like 2

PSNP-Bingo.gif

Three squares now marked - Based On a Non-Gaming IP: Batman: Arkham City is the latest addition to my card. This game would have also fit the bill for the "With Mystery or Detective Themes" square, and that corner square looked awfully enticing... but using square I1 gives me two marks in both the I column and the top row, so that's where it's going.

List of Squares Marked & Games Played

[I1] Based On a Non-Gaming IP: Batman: Arkham City

[N1] That You Can Beat In One Sitting: Entwined

[I3] With a Female Protagonist: Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light

Edited by Melanogaster1987
  • Like 3

My February 2019 update:

Spoiler

nkrx07w.png

Completed tiles:

Spoiler

This month I finished GoW and Detroit (both excellent games, of course). I also started Nioh, liking it so far. I still have that RDR2 gold trophy for finishing the story, but I have yet to decide where to put it.

Now, on to March! I am planning to start (and finish) UC: The Lost Legacy and, maybe, TLOU Remastered.

Edited by Deadsh0tdoubleG
  • Like 3

14 minutes ago, FrenchDevil54 said:

Finally got one: Shadows: Awakening, A RPG from the Heretic Kingdoms series.

Reveal hidden contents

10fqnfa.jpg

By the way if anybody has recommendations for the "Recommended By a PSNP Member" category that would be cool. I'm mostly into RPG and sci-fi/space exploration games but I'd consider anything :awesome:

You can give Saturday Morning RPG a try. It was fun enough and not very long. 

2 hours ago, FrenchDevil54 said:

By the way if anybody has recommendations for the "Recommended By a PSNP Member" category that would be cool. I'm mostly into RPG and sci-fi/space exploration games but I'd consider anything :awesome:

If you enjoy the style and gameplay of old Zeldas with topdown view (Link to the Past, Link's Awakening, Oracle of Ages/Seasons) you might want to give Reverie a try. It's rather short (about 4 to 6 hours), but quite enjoyable.

Another game that comes to my mind is Earthlock. It's a quite solid turn-based RPG and there's also a demo for it. It takes around 25 hours to complete. But be aware though: There Earthlock: Festival of Magic and Earthlock. The later one is a revamped version and only available as download, whereas Festival of Magic is also available as physical (but that version was delisted from the PSN-store). I would advise to get the newer version.

And if you want RPG + Sci-FI:
Why not play any of the Star Ocean-games? :giggle:  jk

Here's my update and my progress during February. Just two new games, well I hope to accomplish more in March.

• For another PSNP event The Little Acre - Event: 10 Things I Hate About Games;
  • Redeemed from PS Plus Fallen Legion: Flames of Rebellion;
  • That You’ve Been Meaning to Get to  - Stick it to the Man;
  • With a # Or a Punctuation Mark in the Title - South Park: Fractured But Whole.

46517424064_4c865fb10f_z.jpg

Finally an update after awhile, was taking a break from the event for a little bit playing some other games that wouldn't fit into categories but we're back now!

I1: With Online Features: Far Cry New Dawn

40ogPOC.png

FINISHED SQUARES:

Spoiler

B1: Hitman: March 11th 2016

B3: Spyro the Dragon: Bought it back around release but never played it until a few weeks ago.

B5: Resident Evil 2

I1: Far Cry New Dawn

I2: Master Reboot

I3: Spyro 2: Ripto's Rage

N3: Spyro 3: Year of the Dragon: I use my Player's Choice as 'An Easy to Platinum Game'

N4: XBlaze Lost: Memories

G2: Sly 2: Band of Thieves

G3: God of War 2018

G4: Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus

O1: Creed: Rose to Glory

O3: Kingdom Hearts 3

O4: Just in Time Incorporated

CURRENT PLANS:

Spoiler

B2: Not sure yet

B4: Not sure yet

I4: Kingdom Come Deliverance

I5: Monster Jam Battlegrounds

N1: Far Cry 3 (Recommended by Voodoo_Eyes (don't want to tag him so he doesn't keep getting notified every update)

N2: Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep

N5: Nioh

G1: Dark Souls Remastered

G5: Skyrim

O2: Kingdom Hearts

O5: Not sure yet

Edited by ObsiEez
  • Like 1

Update Mine (1 March) :

B
Based On a Non-Gaming IP  - 
Men In Black: Alien Crisis :platinum: 

With an Isometric View    

Cult Favorite    - Sekiro: Shadow Die Twice (Plan to play)

Peripheral-Based  - Pictionary: Ultimate Edition :platinum: 

That You Started But Didn't Finish - Word Search by POWGI (PS Vita) :platinum: 

I
That You've Been Meaning To Get To  

Last Game You Acquired    - 

Developed In a Foreign Country    - Super Destronaut DX (PS Vita) :platinum: 

Redeemed from PS Plus    

Starts With The First Letter In Your PSNID - Far Cry New Dawn (Plan to Play)

N
With a Female Protagonist    - 
 Assassin's Creed Odyssey: Additional Feat DLC (Wait for Full Release)

DLC Pack or Standalone DLC   - Overcooked 2 DLC 1f4af.png

Player's Choice    

Play As an Antihero or Bad Guy  -   Transformers: Dark of The Moon  :platinum: 

Featuring a Romance or Romance Options - Assassin's Creed Odyssey: Legacy of the First Blade DLC with Full 3 Episodes (Wait for Full Release - Patch fixed EP2 to have proper consequence romance option after internet backlash)

G
Metroidvania or Rogue-like    
-  Majin and the Forsaken Kingdom :platinum:

One Word Title    - Vampyr :platinum: 

Ultra Rare Platinum    -   Space Overlord  :platinum: 

Favorite Genre    - Days Gone (Plan to Play)

With a # Or Punctuation Mark in the Title - It's Spring Again  1f4af.png

O
That "Everyone" But You Has Played    
- Overcooked 2 :platinum: 

That Takes "Forever" To Beat    - Kingdom Hearts 3 :platinum: 

Sci-Fi or Fantasy Themes  -  Generator Rex: Agent of Providence (Plan to play)

Reboot or Spiritual Successor    - Prince of Persia :platinum: 

Historical Fiction or Mythology  - Assassin's Creed Odyssey: Atlantis DLC with Full 3 Episodes (Wait for Full Release)

https://bingobaker.com/play/1867308/1152290aa68d9e830f2c33baeedead80

vIuwsVe.png 

Got another update! I received Shadow of War as a gift for Christmas because my partner loves Lord of the Rings, and loved these games. I really didn't think I'd like Shadow of War much especially after all the bad press it got for the excessive micro-transactions and loot boxes, etc etc but I actually really liked the story, and with all that stuff taken out it doesn't feel like a slog or a grind to get through - especially with the end game getting cut in half. If you like those kinds of games I fully recommend it!

Also, if anyone has any suggestions for "Anti-Hero/Bad Guy" or "Platform Exclusive" let me know! I have PS4, PS3, and Vita!

Spoiler

B1 Anti-Hero or Bad Guy

B2 Peripheral Based

B3 Historical Fiction or Mythology: Wolfenstein: The Old Blood

B4 Takes Forever to BeatFinal Fantasy XII

B5 Adventure: Pyre

I1 Been Meaning to Get To: Wolfenstein: The New Order

I2 Platform Exclusive

I3 Metroidvania or Rogue Like: Guacamelee 2 DLC

I4 Ultra Rare Platinum: Oh...Sir! The Insult Simulator 2611.png:platinum:?

I5 Arcade/Rhythm/Puzzle: Word Search by POWGI 2611.png:platinum:?

N1 Last Game Acquired: Shadow of Mordor 2611.png:platinum:

N2 Developed in a Foreign Country: Kingdom Hearts III 2611.png:platinum:?

Player's Choice: World to the West

N4 DLC PackLittle Nightmares DLC

N5 Favorite Genre

G1 Online Features: Shadow of War 2611.png:platinum:

G2 Female Protagonist: Gravity Rush 2

G3 Starts with First Letter of PSN ID: Yakuza Kiwami

G4 With Gorgeous VistasThe Witness

G5 Cult Favorite: Night in the Woods

O1 Reboot or Spiritual Successor: Tales from Monkey Island Chapter 2-6

O2 SciFi or Fantasy Themes: The Elder Scrolls: Skyrim DLC

O3 Player Choice or Multiple Endings: 2064: Read Only Memories

O4 Started But Didn't Finish: World of Final Fantasy (Vita)

O5 Recommended: Fallout 4

7 minutes ago, GarciaFever said:

@Yen-Pop a great game for the vita that you can try is Severed (for the platform exclusive slot). It's easy, quick, and it makes great use of the touchscreen feature.

It was actually one of the first games I played on the Vita! I love Drinkbox Studios so I couldn't keep myself away from it! ? Thank you for the suggestion!

• Like 1