Bingo Bonanza 2020

BINGO!!!!

3s2EzGc.png

New since last update:

B3 - Roundabout

I1 - inFamous Second Son

G2 - The Book of Unwritten Tales 2

O5 - Overcooked

I had quite a lot of fun with all of these games, though TBoUT was the only one that was originally planned for the category. I've not been doing well at playing the games I intended to play :lol: At least I do finally have a bingo, though, so progress has been made :D

Original post updated with the full list.

Edited by Dinkus83
  • Like 2

Another three squares finished.

YbnWkq4.png

I1 - Borderlands. I didn't do much riding in the vehicles myself but my co-op partners sure did.

G1 - Pic-a-Pix Classic. By Lightwood Games, and I think they count as an independent developer.

O2 - Hakuoki: Kyoto Winds. First game in this series I've played. You might wonder why I'm not putting this in B2 - I'm saving that square for its sequel, actually.

Past squares:

B4 - Phantom Breaker: Battle Grounds
N1 - Jump Force
N2 - 428: Shibuya Scramble
N3 - Tetris Effect
G2 - Yakuza Kiwami 2
O1 - Reverie
O4 - Senran Kagura Burst Re:Newal

Spoiler

2w2keo0.jpg

Finished up the story of Hatsune Miku: Project Diva X.  I liked it but I know the grind is going to be a nightmare...

(B4) With Player-operated Vehicles: TBD

(I4) Last Game You Acquired: Hatsune Miku: Project Diva X

(N4) Oldest in Your Backlog: Kingdom Hearts Re:coded

(G4) Reboot or Spiritual Successor: Hyperdimention Neptunia Re;Birth 1

(O4) Platform Exclusive: NORN9 Var Commons (PS Vita, while other games in the series came out in the PSP, this one is only vita, at least it seems that way)

Spoiler

3C3IzyE.jpg

B1 (Series new to you): Strike Solitaire (NA Vita)

B2 (Historical fiction or mythology(: 12 Labours of Hercules VII: Fleecing the Fleece (Steam)

B3 (Anthropomorphized animals): Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (PS4)

I5 (Can beat in one sitting): Doodle Devil (NA Vita)

N2 (With player choices or multiple endings): Ys Origin (PS4)

N4 (With a # or punctuation mark in the title): Fill-a-Pix: Phil's Epic Adventure (NA Vita)

G1 (Starts with the first letter in your PSN ID): Legend of the Tetrarchs (NA PS4)

G2 (Recommended by a PSNP member): Mary Skelter: Nightmares (NA Vita)

O3 (Adventure): Ys Seven (Steam)

Finished up another one that I picked up as an impulse buy for the bonus points in RPG Mania and then realized hey it fits for a game that begins with the first letter of my PSN ID too.

Spoiler

Szpg3q2.jpg

B2 (Historical fiction or mythology(: 12 Labours of Hercules VII: Fleecing the Fleece (Steam)

N4 (With a # or punctuation mark in the title): Fill-a-Pix: Phil's Epic Adventure (NA Vita)

G1 (Starts with the first letter in your PSN ID): Legend of the Tetrarchs (NA PS4)

O2 (With minigames in it): Tokyo Xanadu eX+

Finally beat Tokyo Xanadu eX+ for another square.  It has plenty of minigames, some of which are needed to get friend notes for the platinum.  Still have a few runs left for the plat but I have beat my first run now.  Looks like I should find a game I own with an isometric view so I can get a bingo finally.

@XX_FTW Got my first line done.

Well I finished my first line!  I've had FFX mostly finished for months but I'm at the 'so much to do where do I start' place in the grinding.  So I decided to finally sit down and at least get the story done.  No matter how many times I finish this game I still absolutely love it.  Graphics are a little iffy now but ya know what, it's still a great game.  Also I love the sphere grid. 

(O1) For Another PSNP Event: Psychopass: Mandatory Happiness (Vita's 7th Anniversary, Tsurugi's story)

(O2) Developed in A Foreign Country: Persona 5: Dancing in Starlight

(O3) Retro Release: Kingdom Hearts Re: Chain of Memories (Gameboy Advanced)

(O4) Platform Exclusive: NORN9 Var Commons (PS Vita, while other games in the series came out in the PSP, this one is only vita, at least it seems that way)

(O5) Award-winning: Final Fantasy X (Best Game Award from the Japan Game Awards 2001–2002)

Spoiler

11cbq1i.jpg

• Like 1

So the past couple of weeks I beat "Star Wars Force Unleashed" and "Eagle's Flight." I used these for "Game I think I would dislike" (Force Unleashed) and Player's Choice (Eagle's Flight). Aaaand, still no Bingo! xD 

Star Wars Force Unleashed was pretty bad. It's an old PS3 game that obviously hasn't aged well. The graphics are subpar, the frame rate at points is atrocious, and the platforming in the game is terrible. The one thing the game did get right were the powers at least. Grabbing someone and throwing them across the level was definitely a joy. Therefore, I can't say that I got zero enjoyment for the game. I didn't expect much from it anyways and it delivered about what I expected.

Eagle's Flight was pretty relaxing. It got really challenging towards the end of the game, but I still enjoyed it even through the frustrations. Though, this is definitely one game that I will not pursue the platinum. Lol. Ain't nobody got time for that! Next, I plan to do Far Cry Blood Dragon and Borderlands 2 and out of those 2 games, I think I'll finally get on the board for a bingo. This would be one of those times (while playing real bingo) where you'd just look at your card and go, "WTF."

3z9njll.png

And of course, here's the breakdown so far.

B1 - Rigs MCL

B2 CoD AW

B3 - Raw Data 

I2 - Nier Automata

I4 - Star Wars: Force Unleashed

I5 - RE7

N1 - Spyro 3

N3 - Eagle's Flight

N5 - Creed: Rise to Glory

G1: Naruto: Ultimate Ninja Storm

G2 -Journey

G3 - Burnout Paradise - Free DLC Update

G5 - Burnout Paradise

O2 - Astrobot

O3 - Sonic the Hedgehog

O5 - Deathspank 2

Finally an update. Getting close to finishing a Bingo and hopefully a full board soon.

Spoiler

No photo description available.

I1 - Game you think you will Dislike: Adam's Venture: Origins - A terrible clone of Uncharted, I did indeed dislike this game.

N1 - Isometric View: Deponia - Change of perspective in this Point and Click, isometric is one of them.

B2 - PS+: Color Guardians - Could never get the ending done. Got all the way to the boss and just couldn't get it right. Completed the remaining trophies and somehow found the ability to finish it, considering my non-ability in Rhythm games.

I2 - Starts with 1st letter of PSN Name: Planet of the Eyes - Short adventure platformer with a simple background story and some easy puzzles and some funky music.

G2 - Arcade/Puzzle/Rhythm Game: Tetra's Escape - Small 3D looking game with simple Tetris style platforming. Quite fun and not overly difficult/

O2 - Developed in Foreign Country: Kingmaker: Rise to the Throne - Artifex Mundi games are always easy to play, but based in Silesia they are definitely Foreign to me.

B3 - Player Operated Vehicles: LEGO Marvel Superheroes - So many options....

I3 - Game with Punctuation: Guacamelee! 2 - Sequel to one of my favourite Metroid-style games and just as funny.

G3 - New Series: Inner World - First in the Inner World series, possibly part of a trilogy.

O3 - Hype!: Uncharted 4: A Thiefs End - Lots of excitement to finish Nate's saga, and it didn't disappoint.

B4 - Adventure: LEGO Batman 3 - Enjoyable but glitchy action/adventure game played entirely in Co-Op.

I4 - Finish in One Sitting: Sigi: A Fart for Melusina - Literally you can finish this game with all collectibles in less than 30 minutes. A fun little platformer with fart jokes.

O4 - Strat/Sim/Management: Bridge Constructor - Finally made it through blowing up many tankers with substandard materials.

B5 - Started but didn't Finish: Inksplosion - I eventually found my Vita and redownloaded the game to finish it up.

N5 - DLC: Harley Quinn's Revenge (Batman: Return to Arkham City) - Got the last trophy to do with bombs and have the Platinum too.

G5 - Anthropomorphized Animals: Skylar & Plux: Adventures on Clover Island - Playing as a Cat with an Owl companion saving strange sheeplike creatures.

O5 - Released 2019: Metagal - Quick Mega-man clone. Ratalaika Games seem to not want people to play their game all the way through...

Update Time!

2 More crossed off the list, get me a few more Bingo's (I'm on 5 now I believe.)

B5- That You Can Beat in One Sitting- What Remains of Edith Finch

Not something I'd have usually played, if it wasn't for it being free on PS Plus recently, found it to be quite creepy tbh.

O3- Platform Exclusive- Marvel's Spider- Man

This is just excellent, been meaning to get this for a quite a while, but was waiting for it to go on sale, which it finally during days of play. Loved every minute of it, bought the DLC, and really enjoyed that also. Hopefully a sequel will be released one day :) 

Spoiler

B1- In a Series New to You- Jak & Daxter: The Precurser Legacy 

B2- Originally Released in 2019- Kingdom Hearts 3

B3- That You've been Meaning to Get to- Crash Bandicoot 2: Cortex Strikes Back 

B4- Metroidvania or Rogue-like- One More Dungeon

B5- That You Can Beat in One Sitting- What Remains of Edith FInch

I1- That Takes "Forever" to Beat"

I2- By An independent Developer- Master Reboot

I3- Anthropomorphized Animals- Crash Bandicoot: Warped

I4- Reboot or Spiritual Successor

I5- Developed in a Foreign Country- Jak 3

N1- Sci-Fi or Fantasy Themes- Child of Light

N2- Redeemed from PS Plus- Grim Fandango Remastered

N3- Player's Choice- Dark Cloud

N4- Award- Winning- Red Dead Redemption 2

N5- That Gives you the Feels

G1- With Player Operated Vehicles- Jak X; Combat Racing

G2- With player Choices or Multiple Endings- Steins; Gate

G3- Recommended by a PSNP Member- Aven Colony

G4- With Online Features- Watch Dogs 2

G5- With Gorgeous Vista's

O1- Ultra Rare Platinum- Pac Man Championship Edition 2

O2- Last Game You Acquired- Rage

O3- Platform Exclusive- Marvel's Spider- Man

O4- Featuring a Romance, or Romance Options- Valkyria Chronicles

O5- Adventure- Jak 2

After one and a half month I have something to update again.

nbHhpJM.png

B1: Metroidvania or Rogue-Like: Guacamelee STCE

B2: One Word Titel: Soma

B3: That "Everyone" but you has played: God of War

B4: By an Independent Developer: Jazzpunk

I1: Featuring a Romance or Romance Options: Hatoful Boyfriend

I4: Sci-Fi or Fantasy Themes: Danganronpa Another Episode: Ultra Despair Girls

I5: With Mystery or Detective Themes: Murdered: Soul Suspect

N1: With Minigames in it: Danganronpa Trigger Happy Havoc (Danganronpa 1-2 Reloaded) I got every trophy from the first game of the collection

N4: With Gorgeous Vistas: Marvel's Spider-Man

G1: For Another PSNP Event: Human Fall Flat (Monthly Madness)

G2: That you started but didn't finish: Randal's Monday

O1: Retro Rerelease (Originally on a console W/o throphies): Full Throttle Remastered

• Like 1

Knocked out Kingdom Hearts II Final Mix on Friday night and got another square done. Birth By Sleep up next! 

krRpCFV.png

I changed up a few squares. I've decided to tackle the Mass Effect series instead of the Dark Souls series so have switched out those games. I'll also bought Spec Ops: The Line during the recent sale so that is my new Last Game I Acquired. I also feel like @Jens recommendation of Yakuza may be more than I can finish this year considering how long most of the games I've chosen are...so instead I'm going with @Cassylvania's recommendation of Forgotten Anne. I think I should be able to get all of this done...Darkest Dungeon may be a bit ambitious for me...but I'm going to leave that one for now since I am hoping to get it done by the end of the year.

7 hours ago, GarciaFever said:

@MarkusT1992 Maybe you can go for the "Player's Choice" square next, and then go for "Anthropomorphized Animal" so as to get triple bingo in one try?

I already finished Jak and Dexter for the Antropomorphized Animal square shortly after posting the update. I just haven't done the new card.

Also I try to keep the Player's Choice square as long as possible together with the Developed in a foreign country as that basically is another Player's Choice for me.

• Like 1

On 1/25/2019 at 1:47 PM, Champ147 said:

ZrcjeYO.gif

B1 - Far Cry 3 Classic

B4 - Gravity Rush Remastered

B5 - Sky Force Anniversary

I4 - Strider

N1 - Crash Bandicoot 3: Warped

N2 - God of War (has essentially 255,000 players and I finally played it)

G2 - Dragon Quest Heroes: The World's Tree Woe and the Blight Below 

G3 - Sega Genesis Classics 

G4 - Resogun 

O5 - 2064: Read Only Memories 

New...

O3 - Burnout Paradise Remastered (Racing)

Sorry for not updating, forgot

By An Independent Dev Square = Celeste
With multiple endings = Bloodstained
Online features = toejam
Anthro animals = monster boy and cursed kingdom
Designed in foreign country = jump force
first letter in your psn id = shakedown hawaii
Retro rerlease without trophies before = spyro 3
Players choice = mk11
Non gaming ip = power rangers battle for the grid
Everyone but you has played = monster hunter world
meaning to get to = guacamelee
cult classic = overcooked

FxncKlU.png

It has been a while, but here it is, Update 5:

• Finished Steins; Gate (Featuring a Romance or Romance Options category)
  • Finished JAK X (That You've Been Meaning to Get To category)
  • Finished Guitar Hero 5 (Developed in a Foreign Country category)
  • Finished GTA V (Play as an Antihero or Bad Guy category)
  • Decided not to keep the list with the games i intend to play, as i keep changing my mind.

qHullrc.png

WmM8onx.png

Another game in the bag! N5 Favorite Genre with Lego Marvel Super Heroes 2, which is the perfect combination of exploration and collect-a-thon! And I should hopefully have Accounting + finished maybe this week as well, and get my first Bingo! Hopefully the Gaming by Numbers event will encourage me to tick more boxes and get more done ? 

EDIT: Just kidding, BINGO! Finished up I2 Platform Exclusive with Accounting+ since it's exclusive to the VR! Been awhile since I finished two games in one day.

Spoiler

B1 Anti-Hero or Bad Guy: The Inpatient

B2 Peripheral Based: Psychonauts in the Rhombus of Ruin 2611.png1f4af.png

B3 Historical Fiction or Mythology: Wolfenstein: The Old Blood

B4 Takes Forever to Beat

B5 Adventure: Pyre

I1 Been Meaning to Get To: Wolfenstein: The New Order

I2 Platform Exclusive: Accounting + 2611.png:platinum:1f4af.png

I3 Metroidvania or Rogue Like: Guacamelee 2 DLC

I4 Ultra Rare Platinum: Oh...Sir! The Insult Simulator 2611.png:platinum:1f4af.png

I5 Arcade/Rhythm/Puzzle: Word Search by POWGI 2611.png:platinum:1f4af.png

N1 Last Game Acquired: Shadow of Mordor 2611.png:platinum:

N2 Developed in a Foreign Country: Kingdom Hearts III 2611.png:platinum:1f4af.png

Player's Choice: 

N4 DLC PackNi No Kuni II: Revenent Kingdom DLC

N5 Favorite Genre: Lego Marvel Super Heroes 2 2611.png:platinum:1f4af.png

G1 Online Features: Shadow of War 2611.png:platinum:

G2 Female Protagonist: Gravity Rush 2 2611.png:platinum:1f4af.png

G3 Starts with First Letter of PSN ID: 

G4 With Gorgeous VistasThe Witness 2611.png

G5 Cult Favorite: Night in the Woods

O1 Reboot or Spiritual Successor: Tales from Monkey Island Chapter 2-5

O2 SciFi or Fantasy Themes: 2064: Read Only Memories 2611.png:platinum:1f4af.png

O3 Player Choice or Multiple Endings: Burly Men At Sea 2611.png:platinum:1f4af.png

O4 Started But Didn't Finish: King's Quest (PS4)

O5 Recommended: 

Edited by Yen-Pop

Here's my update and my progress for each month.

January: 

• For another PSNP event - The Little Acre - Event: 10 Things I Hate About Games;
  • Redeemed from PS Plus Fallen Legion: Flames of Rebellion;

February:

• That You’e Been Meaning to Get to - Stick it to the Man;
  • With a # Or a Punctuation Mark in the Title - South Park: Fractured But Whole;

March:

• Peripheral-Based - Hidden Agenda;
  • With a Female Protagonist - Shadwen;
  • Developed in a Foreign Country - Crossings Souls;
  • With Player Choices or Multiple Endings - 2064: Read Only Memories;
  • By an Independent Developer - Broken Age;

April:

• Retro Rerelease (Originally On a Console W/o Trophies)- Spyro The Dragon;

May:

• Award-Winning - What Remains of Edith Finch;
  • Cult Favorite - Psychonauts;

June:

• Arcade, Rhythm or Puzzle - Q.U.B.E: Director's Cut;

48181601366_5a750b9c8d_z.jpg

Spoiler

UVFCOJs.jpg

I1 (Platform Exclusive): Akash: Path of the Five (PS4)

O2 (With minigames in it): Tokyo Xanadu eX+

Finally got the platform exclusive one with Akash: Path of the Five since it's brand new and only on PS4 right now.  May not have the plat yet, but I finished two routes so it's definitely beaten.  Could have used it for originally released in 2019 as well, but I do have a freebie game on Steam that can work for that one and is pretty short and is more a matter of me getting off my butt and plating that one.

If anyone is into VNs, I can definitely say I'd recommend Akash.  I'm really enjoying the characters and their banter and think the heroine is great.  The voice acting is also really well done and just makes the characters come alive.  The story isn't anything special, but it does the job and is solid and enjoyable.  I've had a lot of moments where I was laughing out loud because of something someone said and the reaction of the person they were saying it to.  Not only were the responses themselves funny, but the voice actors nailed the reactions.  I think that's really where this game shines.  I'm definitely enjoying this one.

• Like 1