Bingo Bonanza 2020

Hello all!
Well I've still not managed to get a complete line yet, but it's been ages since I've updated my progress, so thought it was worth doing.
Since my last update back in February, I've managed to complete:

Spoiler

B1: Last Game You Aquired: Detroit: Become Human :platinum:

(Loved this one, I love a good interactive story game. I recommend to anyone who still hasn't played it yet to make sure they pick it up off Plus this month!)

N1: Released The Year You Joined PSNP: Knytt Underground ?

(An interesting little game this. I mean, I had to use a walkthrough guide to have any chance of getting it done, but I did rather get sucked into the peaceful vibe of this one.)

G2: Favourite Genre: Lego City: Undercover :platinum:

(It's a Lego game. Good, silly sense of humour and was suprised at the sheer amount to do and find in this one. Being more open world, there was quite a bit more variety than the average Lego Tie-In. My son and I enjoyed playing through this one together.)

G3: You Think You Dislike: Battleship :platinum:

(Wasn't too bad now I've started using my ps4 controller instead of my old ps3 one which was terrible at aiming and would move on it's own half the time.)
G4: That You've Been Meaning To Get To: Agents Of Mayhem :platinum:

(While still, like a lot of open world games now, it started to become repetitive towards the end, I liked the idea of playing as different people with different powerups and it helped mix it up a little. A lot better than Gat Out Of Hell.)
G5: That Takes Forever To Beat: Red Dead Redemption 2 ?

(I mean, I don't even need to say anything about this one. Have completed the storyline, will look at going back and getting 100% SP and MP completed at a later date.)

I'm currently working on completing my second "Kill" Playthrough of Mafia 3 and then B5 will be out of the way, and I'm currently about half way through Hyperdimension Neptunia: PP, which will also cross off I4.

Updated Card:

Spoiler

9d90453dedeb8e48b9dcde98ee00e01a.png

• Like 1

7b9iVtR.png

B1: Unmechanical Extended

N1: Grim Legends 3: The Dark City

N4: Here They Lie

G3: Enigmatis 2: The Mists of Ravenwood

G4: Enigmatis: The Ghosts of Maple Creek

O1: Conan Exiles

O2: Grim Legends: The Forsaken Bride

O3: Donut County

O5: Grim Legends 2: Song of the Dark Swan

Edited by Commander Waffles

Nearing the end now, another game done :)

G5- With Gorgeous Vista's- Horizon Zero Dawn

This is another pretty impressive game, that I can't believe I waited so long to get done. Really hope a sequel isn't too far away :)

Next up, will most likely be Mirror's Edge Catalyst for the Reboot or Spiritual Successor category.

Then it will be a bit of a break whilst I work on other things. I'm intending for my final 2 category's to be platinum trophies 99 & 100 :)

Spoiler

B1- In a Series New to You- Jak & Daxter: The Precurser Legacy 

B2- Originally Released in 2019- Kingdom Hearts 3

B3- That You've been Meaning to Get to- Crash Bandicoot 2: Cortex Strikes Back 

B4- Metroidvania or Rogue-like- One More Dungeon

B5- That You Can Beat in One Sitting- What Remains of Edith FInch

I1- That Takes "Forever" to Beat"

I2- By An independent Developer- Master Reboot

I3- Anthropomorphized Animals- Crash Bandicoot: Warped

I4- Reboot or Spiritual Successor

I5- Developed in a Foreign Country- Jak 3

N1- Sci-Fi or Fantasy Themes- Child of Light

N2- Redeemed from PS Plus- Grim Fandango Remastered

N3- Player's Choice- Dark Cloud

N4- Award- Winning- Red Dead Redemption 2

N5- That Gives you the Feels

G1- With Player Operated Vehicles- Jak X; Combat Racing

G2- With player Choices or Multiple Endings- Steins; Gate

G3- Recommended by a PSNP Member- Aven Colony

G4- With Online Features- Watch Dogs 2

O1- Ultra Rare Platinum- Pac Man Championship Edition 2

O2- Last Game You Acquired- Rage

O3- Platform Exclusive- Marvel's Spider- Man

O4- Featuring a Romance, or Romance Options- Valkyria Chronicles

O5- Adventure- Jak 2

Spoiler

DqcTm7m.jpg

(B3) That Gives You Feels: Danganronpa V3: Killing Harmony

(I3) In a series new to you: Psychedelica of The Black Butterfly

(N3) Player's Choice: TBD

(G3) One Word Title√LETTER

(O3) Retro Release: Kingdom Hearts Re: Chain of Memories (Gameboy Advanced)

I finished Psychedelica this weekend and I really enjoyed it.  It was pretty, it was interesting and I was surprised.  It was also rather short but I don't really hold that against it.  I should do Player's choice next and get another Bingo, just don't know what to play.

7Kz544r.png

Gotta a mini update in the wake of my first bingo! I'm using the rest of the episodes of Tales of Monkey Island for O1 Reboot or Spiritual Successor, and since I finished one episode I figured I'd give myself partial credit in the mean time since it might be a little bit before I get to the rest of the other three, especially since I want to try and tick off more boxes this month, specifically the rest of the games for the 1-Line

Spoiler

B1 Anti-Hero or Bad Guy: The Inpatient

B2 Peripheral Based: Psychonauts in the Rhombus of Ruin 2611.png1f4af.png

B3 Historical Fiction or Mythology: Wolfenstein: The Old Blood

B4 Takes Forever to Beat

B5 Adventure: Pyre

I1 Been Meaning to Get To: Wolfenstein: The New Order

I2 Platform Exclusive: Accounting + 2611.png:platinum:1f4af.png

I3 Metroidvania or Rogue Like: Guacamelee 2 DLC

I4 Ultra Rare Platinum: Oh...Sir! The Insult Simulator 2611.png:platinum:1f4af.png

I5 Arcade/Rhythm/Puzzle: Word Search by POWGI 2611.png:platinum:1f4af.png

N1 Last Game Acquired: Shadow of Mordor 2611.png:platinum:

N2 Developed in a Foreign Country: Kingdom Hearts III 2611.png:platinum:1f4af.png

Player's Choice: 

N4 DLC PackNi No Kuni II: Revenent Kingdom DLC

N5 Favorite Genre: Lego Marvel Super Heroes 2 2611.png:platinum:1f4af.png

G1 Online Features: Shadow of War 2611.png:platinum:

G2 Female Protagonist: Gravity Rush 2 2611.png:platinum:1f4af.png

G3 Starts with First Letter of PSN ID: 

G4 With Gorgeous VistasThe Witness 2611.png

G5 Cult Favorite: Night in the Woods

O1 Reboot or Spiritual Successor: Tales from Monkey Island Chapter 2-5 1f4af.png

O2 SciFi or Fantasy Themes: 2064: Read Only Memories 2611.png:platinum:1f4af.png

O3 Player Choice or Multiple Endings: Burly Men At Sea 2611.png:platinum:1f4af.png

O4 Started But Didn't Finish: King's Quest (PS4)

O5 Recommended: 

Edited by Yen-Pop
  • Like 1

RMuSRpc.png

I finished and platinumed Far Cry Primal yesterday, fitting the "With Gorgeous Vistas" category. I started FlatOut4: Total Insanity, which will fit Ultra Rare Platinum and started as well Batman Enemy Within for "Romance Options".

Spoiler

k7jdXcO.jpg

B1 (Series new to you): Strike Solitaire (NA Vita)

B2 (Historical fiction or mythology (12 Labours of Hercules VII: Fleecing the Fleece (Steam)

B3 (Anthropomorphized animals): Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (PS4)

I3 (That you think you will dislike) Gem Legends (NA Vita)

I5 (Can beat in one sitting): Doodle Devil (NA Vita)

N2 (With player choices or multiple endings): Ys Origin (PS4)

N4 (With a # or punctuation mark in the title): Fill-a-Pix: Phil's Epic Adventure (NA Vita)

G1 (Starts with the first letter in your PSN ID): Legend of the Tetrarchs (NA PS4)

G2 (Recommended by a PSNP member): Mary Skelter: Nightmares (NA Vita)

G3 (That everyone but you has played) Persona 5 (NA PS4)

O2 (With minigames in it): Tokyo Xanadu eX+

O3 (Adventure): Ys Seven (Steam)

13 games and still no bingo, though this is partially my fault because I'm holding off on picking a title for favorite genre and player's choice when I have a few that would fit there.  Persona 5 had so many possible categories for me to put it in, but I decided to go with everyone but me has played because it seems like all my friends have played Persona 5.

Definitely need to find something for isometric view at some point.  Problem is I checked wikipedia for suggestions and the majority are genres I don't like.  Anyone know of something with an isometric view that isn't a sim or strategy RPG?  It seems to be most common for those two genres and those are solid nos for me to play because I don't enjoy those sorts of games.  I know wikipedia isn't a complete list, so someone may know of something in a genre I do like playing.

2 hours ago, ladynadiad said:

Definitely need to find something for isometric view at some point.  Problem is I checked wikipedia for suggestions and the majority are genres I don't like.  Anyone know of something with an isometric view that isn't a sim or strategy RPG?  It seems to be most common for those two genres and those are solid nos for me to play because I don't enjoy those sorts of games.  I know wikipedia isn't a complete list, so someone may know of something in a genre I do like playing.

What about normal RPGs? Diablo would be a game with isometric view but it seems you play a lot of JRPGs so not sure if a western RPG would be something for you.

I also found this site: https://www.mobygames.com/genre/sheet/isometric/

Maybe it will help you to find something.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MarkusT1992 said:

What about normal RPGs? Diablo would be a game with isometric view but it seems you play a lot of JRPGs so not sure if a western RPG would be something for you.

I also found this site: https://www.mobygames.com/genre/sheet/isometric/

Maybe it will help you to find something.

Normal RPGs are fine.  My main thing about why I don't tend to like western RPGs is actually more on the I don't like stuff like customizable protags/parties and non-linear storylines which is a very common thread in western RPGs.  I find stuff like that tends to weaken the elements I like the best in RPGs.  Diablo's playstyle otherwise is like an action RPG and action RPGs are games I enjoy.

But that actually gave me a good idea.  I bought Jotun some time back for the A-Z platinum club since it was the most fun looking J title with a plat and that's a Diablo clone and in the trailer it looks to have an isometric view.  Evoland also has a Dialblo like part and I played that on Steam and enjoyed it.  So that gives a few possibilities I already own and I may well have more since Diablo has a ton of clones. Definitely wouldn't have considered those without the mention of Diablo being a game I might like so thanks for the inspiration there!

It's been quite a while since I last updated this. I've finished a few more games since then.

7jWkGtI.png

I2 - With mystery or detective themes: The Nonary Games

This is a compilation of the first two visual novels in the Zero Escape series. The whole series is mystery themed. Highly recommend to anyone who likes visual novels.

I4 - Redeemed from PS Plus: Severed

I'd been planning on playing this one for quite a while. Great touchscreen-based metroidvania. Pretty short but very much worth playing.

I5 - In a series new to you: Hitman GO

My first Hitman game and also my first GO game. Fun puzzle game. Very short.

N2 - Developed in a foreign country: Katamary Forever

N5 - You think you will dislike: Burly Men at Sea

I'm generally not too fond of these walking sim type games, but this one is actually pretty charming. I liked the art style and the story is enjoyable enough. Glad it isn't very long, though, as it would probably get boring.

G4 - Ultra rare platinum: Red Dead Redemption 2

Not much to say, as everyone's already familiar with this one. Took me forever to get the plat, partly because I took my time as I was enjoying the game so much.

O2 - Arcade, rhythm, or puzzle: Lara Croft GO

Pretty much the same style as Hitman GO, only Tomb Raider themed. Just as good and just as short.

O3 - Featuring a romance or romance options: Zero Time Dilemma

The third and final entry in the Zero Escape series. It features a couple of romances and they're pretty important to the story, though not really the main focus.

O4 - By an independent developer: Dustforce

Jesus. I love this game, but Jesus F. Christ. If you're going for the trophies, don't play the Vita version. I was at this for a year and a half, and almost all of that was thanks to the last level, Yotta. It's brutally difficult, easily five times as hard as the second hardest level, but what makes it so insane is that the Vita port has some performance issues which are especially noticeable in the hardest sections of the hardest level. You need to pull off some extremely precise moves with very tight timing, which is just about impossible when the game keeps shitting the bed and dropping frames at the most inconvenient times. After over a year of grinding this one 3 minute level for the SS rank and still not getting there (though I did get AS once and SA a bunch of times), I caved and installed the PS3 version so I could use the finesse glitch, which makes it practically a breeze. If anyone wants to do this legit, the PS3 version seems to have much more stable performance, so it should be doable there.

Another one done.

I4- Reboot or Spiritual Successor- Mirror's Edge Catalyst

Considerably easier than the original (The time trials are much more forgiving).

Next on the list is going to be "That takes forever to beat", with Skyrim.

Played maybe halfway through years back, but never ended up finishing it. 

Spoiler

B1- In a Series New to You- Jak & Daxter: The Precurser Legacy 

B2- Originally Released in 2019- Kingdom Hearts 3

B3- That You've been Meaning to Get to- Crash Bandicoot 2: Cortex Strikes Back 

B4- Metroidvania or Rogue-like- One More Dungeon

B5- That You Can Beat in One Sitting- What Remains of Edith FInch

I1- That Takes "Forever" to Beat"

I2- By An independent Developer- Master Reboot

I3- Anthropomorphized Animals- Crash Bandicoot: Warped

I4- Reboot or Spiritual Successor- Mirror's Edge Catalyst

I5- Developed in a Foreign Country- Jak 3

N1- Sci-Fi or Fantasy Themes- Child of Light

N2- Redeemed from PS Plus- Grim Fandango Remastered

N3- Player's Choice- Dark Cloud

N4- Award- Winning- Red Dead Redemption 2

N5- That Gives you the Feels

G1- With Player Operated Vehicles- Jak X; Combat Racing

G2- With player Choices or Multiple Endings- Steins; Gate

G3- Recommended by a PSNP Member- Aven Colony

G4- With Online Features- Watch Dogs 2

O1- Ultra Rare Platinum- Pac Man Championship Edition 2

O2- Last Game You Acquired- Rage

O3- Platform Exclusive- Marvel's Spider- Man

O4- Featuring a Romance, or Romance Options- Valkyria Chronicles

O5- Adventure- Jak 2

In the last nearly two months I only managed to complete one more game. At this point I'm seriously doubting that I'll be able to complete all the games I chose. Maybe I should focus on completing the story of every game and if there is any time left, I'll see how many I can actually fully complete. Anyways. I'm only one game (Final Fantasy 13) away from getting my first Bingo, so that can happen any week now. :D 

Additionally I should be able to cross Phoenix Wright and LA Cops off of my list next month. 

Spoiler

B1 - That gives you the feels - What Remains of Edith Finch ?

B2 - Award-Winning - The Witness :platinum: 

B3 - Favourite Genre - Final Fantasy XIII

B4 - Sci-Fi or Fantasy Themes - Final Fantasy XIII-2

B5 - With Mystery or Detective Themes - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Trilogy

I1 - With Online Features - For Honor

I2 - Racing or Sports - Project Cars

I3 - With Gorgeous Vistas - Marvel's Spider-Man :platinum: 

I4 - Cult Favourite - Spyro :platinum: 

I5 - Released the Year You Joined PSNP (2017) - Uncharted: The Lost Legacy :platinum: 

N1 - Last Game You Acquired - Final Fantasy XV

N2 - Featuring a Romance or Romance Options - Dragon Age Inquisition :gold:

N3 - Player's Choice - 

N4 - That You Can Beat In One Sitting - The Inner World :platinum: 

N5 - Originally Released 2019 - Kingdom Hearts 3 :platinum:

G1 - Starts With The First Letter In Your PSN ID (L) - LA Cops

G2 - Retro Rerelease - Spyro 2 :platinum: 

G3 - Historical Fiction or Mythology - God of War 3

G4 - With Minigames In It - Nightmares from the Deep: The Cursed Heart :platinum: 

G5 - Oldest In Your Backlog - Skyrim

O1 - With Player Choices or Multiple Endings - Detroit: Become Human  :platinum: 

O2 - That Takes "Forever" To Beat - Final Fantasy X

O3 - With a # or Punctuation Mark in the Title - Spyro 3 :platinum: 

O4 - DLC Pack or Standalone DLC - Horizon Zero Dawn: Frozen Wilds ?

O5 - Reboot or Spiritual Successor - Final Fantasy Type-0 HD

Edited by Lojtana

oqYIIvn.png

All righty, filled in N3 Player's Choice with Here They Lie because I played it for the Gaming By Numbers event and it was such a slog I figured I'd give myself some more credit for it. It wasn't very long but honestly I'm glad it was free because any more than that would have felt like a rip off. Almost have my second bingo! But it'll be a minute since I'm trying to finish the top row first, since they're all games I'm using for Gaming By Numbers also.

EDIT: I also finished B1 Anti-Hero or Bad Guy with The Inpatient for spoilery reasons but because

Spoiler

depending on your actions you can either kill everyone, save everyone, but you usually are the reason a bunch of people died/turned into monsters

So one step closer to my second Bingo!

Spoiler

B1 Anti-Hero or Bad Guy: The Inpatient 2611.png:platinum:1f4af.png

B2 Peripheral Based: Psychonauts in the Rhombus of Ruin 2611.png1f4af.png

B3 Historical Fiction or Mythology: Wolfenstein: The Old Blood

B4 Takes Forever to Beat

B5 Adventure: Pyre

I1 Been Meaning to Get To: Wolfenstein: The New Order

I2 Platform Exclusive: Accounting + 2611.png:platinum:1f4af.png

I3 Metroidvania or Rogue Like: Guacamelee 2 DLC

I4 Ultra Rare Platinum: Oh...Sir! The Insult Simulator 2611.png:platinum:1f4af.png

I5 Arcade/Rhythm/Puzzle: Word Search by POWGI 2611.png:platinum:1f4af.png

N1 Last Game Acquired: Shadow of Mordor 2611.png:platinum:

N2 Developed in a Foreign Country: Kingdom Hearts III 2611.png:platinum:1f4af.png

N3 Player's Choice: Here They Lie 2611.png1f4af.png

N4 DLC PackNi No Kuni II: Revenent Kingdom DLC

N5 Favorite Genre: Lego Marvel Super Heroes 2 2611.png:platinum:1f4af.png

G1 Online Features: Shadow of War 2611.png:platinum:

G2 Female Protagonist: Gravity Rush 2 2611.png:platinum:1f4af.png

G3 Starts with First Letter of PSN ID: 

G4 With Gorgeous VistasThe Witness 2611.png

G5 Cult Favorite: Night in the Woods

O1 Reboot or Spiritual Successor: Tales from Monkey Island Chapter 2-5 1f4af.png

O2 SciFi or Fantasy Themes: 2064: Read Only Memories 2611.png:platinum:1f4af.png

O3 Player Choice or Multiple Endings: Burly Men At Sea 2611.png:platinum:1f4af.png

O4 Started But Didn't Finish: King's Quest (PS4)

O5 Recommended: 

Edited by Yen-Pop

SDfTdHul.png

B1: Unmechanical Extended

B5: Albedo: Eyes from Outer Space

I3: One Word by Powgi

N1: Grim Legends 3: The Dark City

N4: Here They Lie

G3: Enigmatis 2: The Mists of Ravenwood

G4: Enigmatis: The Ghosts of Maple Creek

O1: Conan Exiles

O2: Grim Legends: The Forsaken Bride

O3: Donut County

O5: Grim Legends 2: Song of the Dark Swan

• Like 2

fWbe2QKl.png

B1: Arcade, Rhythm or Puzzle: Super Destranaut DX

I2: Starts with the First Letter in your PSNID: Burly Men at Sea

I3: Reboot or Spiritual Successor: Grim Fandango Remastered

O1: Developed in a Foreign Country: Black the Fall

O3: One Word Title: Koi

• Like 1

Haven’t given an update in a long time. Unfortunately, my gaming has been mostly on untrackable systems lately so not much progress and will honestly be so for awhile with Fire Emblem out now. 

Looks like you guys are doing well! Still love reading your updates and seeing you guys help each other out.

[ X ] B1 - One Word Title One Word by Powgi

[ – ] B2 - With Online Features

[ X ] B3 - Released the Year You Joined PSNP Watch Dogs 2

[ X ] B4 - Platform Exclusive Persona 5

[ – ] B5 - Play As an Antihero or Bad Guy

[ – ] I1 - Oldest In Your Backlog

[ X ] I2 - Retro Rereleases Crash Bandicoot: Warped

[ – ] I3 - You Think You Will Dislike

[ – ] I4 - Arcade, Rhythm, or Puzzle

[ – ] I5 - In a Series New To You

[ – ] N1 - That Gives You the Feels

[ - ] N2 - Award-Winning

[ X ] N3 - Player’s Choice Project Highrise

[ – ] N4 - Metroidvania or Rogue-like

[ – ] N5 - Originally Released In 2019

[ X ] G1 - With a # Or Punctuation Mark In The Title PixelJunk Monsters 2

[ X ] G2 - With a Female Protagonist The Walking Dead: The Final Season

[ X ] G3 - For Another PSNP Event Midnight Deluxe

[ – ] G4 - Peripheral-Based

[ – ] G5 - Sci-Fi or Fantasy Themes

[ – ] O1 - Adventure

[ X ] O2 - Recommended By a PSNP Borderlands 2

[ – ] O3 - Cult Favorite

[ – ] O4 - Reboot or Spiritual Successor

[ X ] O5 - That “Everyone” But You Has Played The Last of Us: Left Behind

Here's my update and my progress for each month.

January: 

• For another PSNP event - The Little Acre - Event: 10 Things I Hate About Games;
  • Redeemed from PS Plus Fallen Legion: Flames of Rebellion;

February:

• That You’e Been Meaning to Get to - Stick it to the Man;
  • With a # Or a Punctuation Mark in the Title - South Park: Fractured But Whole;

March:

• Peripheral-Based - Hidden Agenda;
  • With a Female Protagonist - Shadwen;
  • Developed in a Foreign Country - Crossings Souls;
  • With Player Choices or Multiple Endings - 2064: Read Only Memories;
  • By an Independent Developer - Broken Age;

April:

• Retro Rerelease (Originally On a Console W/o Trophies)- Spyro The Dragon;

May:

• Award-Winning - What Remains of Edith Finch;
  • Cult Favorite - Psychonauts;

June:

• Arcade, Rhythm or Puzzle - Q.U.B.E: Director's Cut;

July:

• SOMA - You Think You Will Dislike;

48425417196_f86356786c_z.jpg

For UR platinum, do I need to get it, or is beating it still the requirement?

aK7OQ33.png

Slow going, but I'm close. Just knocked out "Forever" with Skyrim, so that should help. :dance:

Spoiler

beat / complete

Blue = PS

Grey = PC/Steam

Green = Xbox

Row 1
B That you started but didn't finish Final Fantasy Type-0 HD Started Oct 2017
I Adventure Mythic Wonders: The Philosopher's Stone Store page
N With a female protagonist Shantae: Half-Genie Hero ---
G In a series new to you Metal Slug XX ---
O Platform exclusive      
Row 2
B DLC pack or standalone DLC Final Fantasy XV Multiplayer: Comrades Standalone
I Retro rerelease Banjo-Kazooie N64 (1998)
N Arcade, rhythm, or puzzle Thomas Was Alone Puzzle
G Award-winning What Remains of Edith Finch BAFTA 2017
O With a # or punctuation in the title Spyro 2: Ripto's Rage! ---
Row 3
B That takes "forever" to beat The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Special Edition  
I Cult favorite      
N Player's choice Song of the Deep (Metroidvania)
G With minigames in it Yooka-Laylee Kartos
O Play as an antihero or bad guy      
Row 4
B Starts with S (PSNID) Spyro the Dragon ---
I Oldest in your backlog Portal 2011
N Last game you acquired Dragon Quest XI: Echoes of an Elusive Age Christmas 2018
G Released in 2014 (join date) InFamous: First Light August 2014
O Hype! Shantae and the Pirate's Curse  
Row 5
B With online features Saints Row: Gat out of Hell ---
I You think you will dislike The Walking Dead: Michonne ---
N That you've been meaning to get to Kingdom Hearts: Final Mix ---
G That you can beat in one sitting The Gardens Between ~2 hours
O Ultra rare platinum