Bingo Bonanza 2020

3 hours ago, Caju_94 said:

Also some questions:

• Does it include DLCs? Like can I consider a bingo box an episode DLC only? For example: Horizon Zero Dawn - Frozen Wilds, Final Fantasy XV Episodes...
  • Can I finish games I started before 2019? (There is a specific category for that, but dunno about the others)

There is a specific challenge regarding DLC. As far as outside of that specific challenge, I’d like to keep the challenge guidelines as open as they can be within reason. So let’s say: yes, assuming they provide significant content. Let’s use discretion as to not override the spirit of the challenge. Frozen Dawn I think is totally acceptable.

Yes, games previously started can be used for the challenge.

2 hours ago, InfinateEternity said:

Quick question though ... do you have an idea of when everyone will be receiving their Bingo Cards? 

Should have the cards available today or tomorrow.

On 12/20/2018 at 0:19 PM, XX_FTW said:

Elite Grandmas: Full card completion - All bingo challenges have been met (25 boxes).

Retirement Ready: Three separate bingos completed (13-15 boxes).

Bingo, Baby!: One bingo completed (5 boxes).

Having watched videos of video game bingo speedruns and having played actual bingo in the past, I can give you the terms:

Bingo, Baby!: For completing a bingo (one BINGO line completed)

Retirement Ready: For completing a triple bingo (three BINGO lines completed, you can overlap squares)

Elite Grandmas: A full Blackout Bingo (this term means you fill EVERY square on the bingo card)

But yeah, sure, I'll play this game as far as I can take it. I need to stop noping out of games that look fun. ;)

• Like 1

I am placing a link in the OP to the bingo card generator I’ve set up for this event. Good luck with your card rolls! ?

4 hours ago, SuperSmash5U said:

Having watched videos of video game bingo speedruns and having played actual bingo in the past, I can give you the terms:

Oh! Thanks for the bingo lingo.

38 minutes ago, eigen-space said:

@XX_FTW, for the "Last Game You Acquired", do I list the last one I acquired before generating this card? If so, that would be the stand-alone FFXV Comrades (NA).

Also, for "Platform Exclusive", would that be "PlayStation Exclusive" or is it more like "Exclusive to PS4"?

“Platform exclusive” more like “exclusive to PS4.” So, for example, Uncharted: Golden Abyss would count but Persona 4 Dancing (which was recently released on PS4) would not.

For “Last Acquired”, it’s up to you. You could either use the rule of “last before Bingo starts” or “last before attempting the box”. I think either is fair and within the spirit of the challenge.

Edited by XX_FTW
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Kittet3 said:

I got my Bingo card!

https://imgur.com/a/iWkBHJW

(Can someone remind me how to post a picture?)

To insert the image if you go the reply box you'll have an option in the bottom right called insert other media. Its a drop down menu so if you pick insert image from URL it should populate the image in the post. 

• Like 1

Here's my bingo card.

bingobonanza.png

I think I can come up with some ideas for some of the panels. Kingdom Hearts and Spyro the Dragon were both first released before the PS3 came out so they didn't start with trophies and they both got re-release, but I might go with a Spyro game it is more retro than Kingdom Hearts and got a bigger graphics upgrade than Kingdom Hearts. (I am probably going to GameStop and trade in my copy of 1.5+2.5 to get the Whole Story so I can delete my account with 2.8.) I won't be getting Blackout because of G-Row 1 and O-Row 5 but I think I can do a triple bingo before next Christmas. :D

If anyone wants to recommend a game to me, please post me a message in my PM box. ;)

Edited by SuperSmash5U
  • Like 1

Well, here's mine! Overall, I'm pretty happy with it, and think I can find games that will fit every category. 

But, @XX_FTW how long does the game have to be to count for the "That takes 'Forever' to beat"? Are we talking White Knight Chronicles and Star Ocean International levels, or games that take at least 100-200 hours? 

ad2PyCh.jpg

Edited by InfinateEternity
  • Like 2