Bingo Bonanza 2020

Sounds fun! Count me in!!!

I generated my card. Not sure how to copy/paste and get the borders, but here it is. I don't understand what some of the boxes mean so I will have questions later.

Bingo Bonanza 2020

B I N G O
Recommended By a PSNP Member Arcade, Rhythm, or Puzzle In a Series New To You One Word Title Adventure
Based On a Non-Gaming IP With Gorgeous Vistas DLC Pack or Standalone DLC Originally Released in 2020 Sci-Fi or Fantasy Themes
With Online Features Favorite Genre Player's Choice That You Started But Didn't Finish Nonviolent
Ultra Rare Platinum That You've Been Meaning To Get To That You Can Beat In One Sitting That Gives You the Feels Anthropomorphized Animals
Developed In a Foreign Country Cooperative Game Historical Fiction or Mythology Peripheral-Based That "Everyone" But You Has Played

"Everyone"
  • Like 1

Update

LRV2116.png

B1 - Killing Floor 2 (finished DLC pack 2)

B3 - American Fugitive (finished story)

B4 - Goat Simulator (platinum)

I3 - Submersed (platinum)

G4 - Sword Art Online: Hollow Realization (finished story)

O1 - Kingdom Hearts 3 (finished story)

O3 - We Happy Few (platinum)

O4 - Another World (100%)

O5 - Uncharted Remastered (finished story)

Edited by voodoo_eyes

6 hours ago, voyager49 said:

Sounds fun! Count me in!!!

I generated my card. Not sure how to copy/paste and get the borders, but here it is. I don't understand what some of the boxes mean so I will have questions later.

Bingo Bonanza 2020

B I N G O
Recommended By a PSNP Member Arcade, Rhythm, or Puzzle In a Series New To You One Word Title Adventure
Based On a Non-Gaming IP With Gorgeous Vistas DLC Pack or Standalone DLC Originally Released in 2020 Sci-Fi or Fantasy Themes
With Online Features Favorite Genre Player's Choice That You Started But Didn't Finish Nonviolent
Ultra Rare Platinum That You've Been Meaning To Get To That You Can Beat In One Sitting That Gives You the Feels Anthropomorphized Animals
Developed In a Foreign Country Cooperative Game Historical Fiction or Mythology Peripheral-Based That "Everyone" But You Has Played

"Everyone"

Take a screenshot of it or something similar and put it on an image hosting site like imgur and then post that link. GL!

On 1/17/2020 at 2:49 PM, WDB_Chaotic said:

Can I get some clarification on what expanded universe entails?

On 1/18/2020 at 6:12 PM, ladynadiad said:

Usually a good chunk of this is up to us and what we feel meets the spirit of the category.  Expanded universe seems tricky though because there are few games that did so.  As far as what it is, probably the most well known example of a work of fiction that spawned an expanded universe is the original Star Wars movies.  Since those came out decades ago they have inspired numerous books, movies, TV shows, video games, etc.  Expanded universe would mean not necessarily sequels/prequels, but it spawned stuff related to it.  Think more spinoffs or stuff that takes place in the same universe but follows different characters.

Some examples of games that I can think of that did and are on PSN with trophies this would be stuff like Neptunia, Kingdom Hearts or Final Fantasy 7.

Yes, I encourage you guys to find your own interpretations, but I can tell you what I was thinking when I added it. Lady gave a good definition so working off of that: Star Wars spawned all sorts of spin offs and takes in various media outside of the original format of film. Some games also are capable of this, whether because of needing to satisfy a rabid fanbase or because marketing opportunity! Examples of this would be the Resident Evil films; Life is Strange comics; Mass Effect novels; etc. So in this interpretation, the prompt kind of ends up being a twist on the Non-gaming IP prompt, with the game being the source rather than the result. Hope that helps.

On 14/01/2020 at 4:41 PM, Liioni said:

This sounds like a really fun challenge! I want to join in for sure! I'll add the bingo board now and look in to games later! I didn't re roll so will be interesting to find games for all of it :D

Number What to look for Game Done?
B1 With a Female Protagonist Bayonetta  
B2 Favorite Genre    
B3 With Player-operated Vehicles Borderlands 3  
B4 Anthropomorphized Animals Cat Quest  
B5 Reboot or Spiritual Successor    

I1 With Minigames In It    
I2 Nonviolent The Witness  
I3 Racing or Sports    
I4 Strategy, Simulation, or Management Sid Meier's Civilization VI  
I5 Ultra Rare Platinum    

N1 Oldest in Your Backlog Need for Speed: Rivals  
N2 One Word Title    
N3 Player's Choice    
N4 That Takes "Forever" To Beat    
N5 Based On a Non-Gaming IP Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order  

G1 Featuring a Romance or Romance Options My Time at Portia  
G2 Platform Exclusive Alienation  
G3 That "Everyone" But You Has Played    
G4 Play As an Antihero or Bad Guy    
G5 Metroidvania or Rogue-like Darkest Dungeon  

O1 With a # Or Punctuation Mark in the Title    
O2 Underplayed (owned by <1000 players) Project Highrise: Architect's Edition  
O3 With Gorgeous Vistas    
O4 With an Isometric View    
O5 With Player Choices or Multiple Endings    

I've started added games to my list, but a few of them are really hard to figure out. If any of you have any good ideas of games to add please let me know :D

Especially number O1 "With a # Or Punctuation Mark in the Title". :D

Here is my card for 2020:

PSNP-Bingo.gif

16 categories are new to me; there are 9 that I also had last year ("Developed in a Foreign Country" is even in the same place on the card as it was for me last year!)

Got the first square marked:

[B5] Metroidvania or Rogue-like: Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night

Edited by Melanogaster1987
  • Like 1

SMdHh8E.png?1

Going to join again, thanks for making a 2020 event!

Going to play it by ear instead of setting down a predetermined list. Also got some different categories. Let's get more than 1 bingo this year, dammit! (≧ロ≦)

Would anybody be kind enough to rec a game to me? Full game list at my trophy checklist thread~

N5- Developed In A Foreign Country: Grim Legends 3 The Dark City (Artifex Mundi- Poland):platinum:

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Bittersweet said:

Would anybody be kind enough to rec a game to me? Full game list at my trophy checklist thread

I looked through your trophy log and backlog list and here are 3 recommendations for you :)

- Dying Light. Go run and climb around the city and smash the zombies heads or kick them down the rooftops.

- Spec Ops The Line. Go through Dubai to see the dirty part of War, what it can do to people.

- Soma. You don't feel like fighting right now? Then just walk through this game. Although it sounds easier as it is :P

Edited by Evil_Joker88
  • Like 2

14 hours ago, Bittersweet said:

Would anybody be kind enough to rec a game to me? Full game list at my trophy checklist thread~

You have a lot of good games on your backlog. I would recommend these, as they are some of my favs:

Bioshock Collection (any one of them is good)

Ni No Kuni

Horizon Zero Dawn

Kingdom Hearts (at least 1 and 2 are amazing)

Rogue Galaxy

• Like 2

@Evil_Joker88 @MattbluePT Thanks for replying! I'll have to count out Bioshock and KH as I've played those on previous PS systems. I'm looking at either Dying Light or NnK because they've been played a bit, but not through all the way and it's a convenient chance to get my completion rate up somewhat. I'll have to see what game screams at me when I get to I5.

Thanks again~

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Bittersweet said:

@Evil_Joker88 @MattbluePT Thanks for replying! I'll have to count out Bioshock and KH as I've played those on previous PS systems. I'm looking at either Dying Light or NnK because they've been played a bit, but not through all the way and it's a convenient chance to get my completion rate up somewhat. I'll have to see what game screams at me when I get to I5.

Thanks again~

I'll +1 on NnK! Fantastic game!

• Like 1

Update Time.

I5: With Player Choice or Multiple Endings.

After 2 playthrough's of Kingdom Hearts (and another yet to do), I felt like doing something a bit more relaxing.

The Wolf Among US had been recommended to me by a few people, and it finally went on sale again,  so felt like giving that a go.

I loved it. The characters are all quite interesting, and the storyline is great. 

Hopefully the wait for the sequal isn't too long :)

Spoiler

B1- With Minigame's In It: Kingdom Hearts

B2- Starts With The First Letter in Your PSN

B3- Featuring a Romance, or Romance Options

B4- Sci Fi or Fantasy Themes

B5- That You Can Beat in 1 Sitting: Untitled Goose Game

I1- Underplayed (Less than 100 players)

I2- Adventure

I3-Developed in a Foreign Country 

I4- Award Winning

I5- With Player Choices or Multiple Endings: The Wolf Among Us

N1- Aliens or Robots: Terminator Resistance

N2- Anthromorphized Animcals

N3- Player's Choice

N4- Based on a Non- Gaming IP

N5- That Takes "Forever" to beat

G1- Arcade, Rhythm or Puzzle

G2- You think you will Dislike 

G3- Redeemed from PS Plus

G4- Nonviolent

G5- For Another PSNP event

O1- That you meant to play last year: Brutal Legend

O2- That you started, but didn't finish

O3- Originally Released in 2020

O4- Peripheral Based

O5- That gives you the feels 

Y'know, I missed this last year, but it did look like a lot of fun. I'll give it a go for 2020! Here's my card. I'll be doing some edits to make it look all nice so I thought I'd post a screenshot of the pure one itself:

fzNP5k2.png

Really excited to do some of these. I an think of plenty for pretty much all of the categories, and I even have PSVR for the Peripheral-Based one. "With Online Features" and "Takes 'Forever' to Beat" are kind of going to suck, but I'm sure I can get around them. The latest game I acquired was Sayonara Wild Hearts, which I hear is A+ so I'm hyped to do that. Not so sure on one that created an expanded universe though... any suggestions for that?

But I have already beaten some games in January already! Thus, an updated card:

wkQhXCX.png

I2: Award Winning is Death Stranding, which won Best Soundtrack and Best Direction in the 2019 VGAs.

I4: Historical Fiction or Mythology is Valiant Hearts: The Great War, which is about a series of people during World War 1 and their trials and tribulations. Fits it well I think. Hope this turns out to be as fun as it looks!

• Like 1

Alright. Guess I'll join.

Fq5AfKq.png

Now, I suppose I have to "lock in" the last game I acquired (Star Wars: The Fallen Order) and the oldest game in my backlog (which I guess would either be Shovel Knight, which just released new DLC, or Dragon Quest Builders 2, which is my oldest unfinished platinum). I'm also currently working on Hollow Knight, which I'll put under my favorite genre, and Kingdom Come: Deliverance, which is an ultra rare plat. That's a decent start.

• Like 1

I usually prefer longer events, so this one sounds like a good fit ? Here's my card, with three completed games so far!

The categories are from the original card, but I wanted to use game images to denote completed fields, so I recreated the card to make it possible ? No funny business though. 

Oh and I'll only update the card with games once I get the platinum / 100%. 

vyZ0EBT.jpg

Edited by Arcesius
  • Like 2

Got some more slots filled.

HrHgRQq.png

B1 Killing Floor 2 (finished DLC pack 2)

B2 Seasons After Fall (platinum)

B3 American Fugitive (finished story)

B4 Goat Simulator (platinum)

I1  Linger in Shadows (100%)

I3  Submersed (platinum)

G3 Machinarium (100%)

G5 Sword Art Online: Hollow Realization (finished story)

O1 Kingdom Hearts 3 (finished story)

O3 We Happy Few (platinum)

O4 Another World (100%)

O5 Uncharted Remastered (finished story)

• Like 1

v37uKUz.png

Spoiler

B1 (Cooperative Game):

B2: (Redeemed from PS Plus)

B3: (Metroidvania or Rogue-like)

B4: (Developed in a Foreign Country)

B5: (With a # or punctuation mark in the title)

I1: (Last Game you Acquired) Seek Hearts

I2: (That you've been meaning to get to)

I3: (That you can beat in one sitting) Heroes Trials

I4: (Hype!)

I5: (Released the year you joined PSNP)

N1: (That takes forever to beat)

N2: (For another PSNP Event) Crossovers by POWGI

N3: (Player's Choice)

N4: (That everyone but you has played) Cat Quest

N5:(Originally released in 2020)

G1: (In a series new to you) Devious Dungeon

G2: (Retro Rerelease) Danganronpa 1-2 Reload

G3: (With a female protagonist)

G4: (Ultra rare platinum)

G5: (With minigames)

O1: (With gorgeous vistas)

O2: (Oldest in your backlog)

O3:(That you started but didn't finish)

O4: (Favorite genre)

O5: (Featuring a romance or romance options) Muv-Luv

Wrapped up a couple more games.  I decided to use Cat Quest for the everyone but me has played because it does have a lot of owners and it does seem everyone I know has played it since it's a cute and fun game while also being a pretty easy plat.  Also wrapped up Muv-Luv which is a VN with romance options, so it's pretty obvious that would fit for the category for featuring a romance or romance options.

• Like 1

Two more done! Thought I'd post an update.

GFXhspp.png

Titanfall 2 is very much a game made for multiplayer, though the single player campaign was still alright. It wasn't really my cup of tea, but my friends had been bugging me to play it forever so I finally did. Not sure if I can grant a recommendation, but everyone else seems to like it, so what do I know. Multiplayer is clearly the focus here though, so that's what I'm putting it as. Even had multiplayer trophies, however simple.

inFamous First Light stars Fetch as a protagonist, who is, believe it or not, a woman. This one was fun! VERY quick, but it's basically a DLC for Second Son so I can't really complain. With this I've officially played all inFamous content, even if it's not all on my profile. Maybe I'll go back for the other platinums eventually.

I think next will be God of War 3 for my player's choice. I've been enjoying this challenge so far!

• Like 1

I didn't realize last year that if I saved my link, I could cross squares off as I progressed ?

I feel like I am way farther ahead already this year.

I'm going to put my link here for now. Got some duplicates from last year, but some good new challenges too!

https://bingobaker.com/play/2737269/496b1f389d5ad63f0a8439a31a548ba6

Edited by diskdocx