Bingo Bonanza 2020

4 hours ago, ladynadiad said:

Question though, what would someone like me who doesn't have PS Plus do about the redeemed from PS Plus one?  Am I pretty much screwed for that whole row and column or could I just play any game that has been on PS Plus before to cover that one?

Yes, I think that would be sufficient in that situation. Welcome aboard.

On 12/21/2018 at 8:57 PM, Kittet3 said:

I got my Bingo card!

gCPr36C.png

Okay, so I think I figured out my tentative game plan. The only one I'm having difficulty with is the released in 2019 category since I never buy new games. I'll have to keep my eye out. 

BMfYI9b.png

• Like 1

6 hours ago, FielVeredus said:

So i don't have to platinum the game at all to fill in the bingo ? Just play the game that fit condition ?

If it already cleared i must 100%/plat it to count, am i right ?

"Game completion, for this purpose, is defined as finishing the story or equivalent. Platinum or 100% is not required to check off a box." - This is from the OP. So technically you have to at least beat the game. Depending on the genre it could be defined as game mode I guess, since sports/fighting games don't really have an end to them.

Edited by voodoo_eyes

5 hours ago, voodoo_eyes said:

"Game completion, for this purpose, is defined as finishing the story or equivalent. Platinum or 100% is not required to check off a box." - This is from the OP. So technically you have to at least beat the game. Depending on the genre it could be defined as game mode I guess, since sports/fighting games don't really have an end to them.

I think the question here is more what is the requirement if the game is already beat but not 100%ed?  For example I have oldest in backlog on mine which is FFX-2 on PSN.  I beat the story a long time ago on that one.  So by this event's standards that game is completed, but to me it's still in my backlog because it's not 100%. 

1 hour ago, ladynadiad said:

I think the question here is more what is the requirement if the game is already beat but not 100%ed?  For example I have oldest in backlog on mine which is FFX-2 on PSN.  I beat the story a long time ago on that one.  So by this event's standards that game is completed, but to me it's still in my backlog because it's not 100%. 

I might be wrong in my presumption, but from what I understood from the line I previously quoted from the OP, is that getting the plat/100% is optional. Due to the nature of the event being more laid back, the minimum condition would be to just beat the game once. Anything beyond that would be sort of extracurricular activity and still be valid for the game to count for the event.Regardless of the game having been started prior or not.

Maybe @XX_FTW could offer some clarification, whether unfinished games are allowed.

Edited by voodoo_eyes

I'd like to join this! 

Here's my Bingo card. I'll have to look more into it before the first of the year, but I think most of it's doable. Don't know what I'll do for an ultra rare plat though. And if anyone could recommend games with an isometric view that would be great. None are coming to mind.

LSvjEa0.png

https://bingobaker.com/play/1867308/9c5f8c881daaaa276e3f6fef4109330a

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, marshmeowlo said:

Don't know what I'll do for an ultra rare plat though. And if anyone could recommend games with an isometric view that would be great. None are coming to mind.

Disgaea games have an isometric view. Romancing SaGa 2 felt isometric-like, but I'm not sure if it strictly meets that definition.

9 minutes ago, marshmeowlo said:

Here's my Bingo card. I'll have to look more into it before the first of the year, but I think most of it's doable. Don't know what I'll do for an ultra rare plat though. And if anyone could recommend games with an isometric view that would be great. None are coming to mind.

I can answer this two ways. Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris. It's a fairly easy ultra plat to get and it's for an isometric game. 

On 12/22/2018 at 3:57 AM, Crimson Idol said:

IMO quite easy games for people who aren't used to racing games are:

• Burnout Paradise Remastered (all DLC comes with the game, unlike PS3-version doesn't require peripherals)
  • Daytona USA (really short game, part of PS Now)
  • Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing (fun kart racer)
  • Super Hang-On (same reasons as for Daytona USA)
  • Toybox Turbos (rather short but quite fun racer that's similar to Micro Machines)
  • Any more recent Milestone-game (offer a rewind feature, there's various options to lower difficulty or to turn on assists )
    Ducati, Gravel, the Ride-series, MotoGP-series...

If you are searching for a sports game I heard Pyre (from the devs behind Bastion and Transistor) is based around a fictive sport. A game I personally enjoyed (although I still have to finish it) is Stikbold: A Dodgeball Adventure. 

I have to admit, I kind of missed the part of the first post where it said Xbox Achievements could be used and when I realized that, I remember we have Forza so that's a possibility.  Burnout would probably be top of my list though if I was to play a racing game on Playstation, also we had Onrush this month on PS+ which I believe is racing....so plenty of options ^_^  

nXkKekP.png

2mdIKij.png

Color is system family (blue is PS). ★ are 100%, ✔ was beaten.
Row 1
B That you started but didn't finish Final Fantasy Type-0 HD Started Oct 2017
I Adventure Mythic Wonders: The Philosopher's Stone Store page
N With a female protagonist Shantae: Half-Genie Hero ---
G In a series new to you Metal Slug XX ---
O Platform exclusive Ratchet & Clank: A Crack in Time ---
Row 2
B DLC pack or standalone DLC Final Fantasy XV Multiplayer: Comrades Standalone
I Retro rerelease Banjo-Kazooie N64 (1998)
N Arcade, rhythm, or puzzle Thomas Was Alone Puzzle
G Award-winning What Remains of Edith Finch BAFTA 2017
O With a # or punctuation in the title Spyro 2: Ripto's Rage! ---
Row 3
B That takes "forever" to beat The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Special Edition ~200 for 100%
I Cult favorite Beyond Good & Evil HD 2003
N Player's choice Song of the Deep (Metroidvania)
G With minigames in it Yooka-Laylee Kartos
O Play as an antihero or bad guy InFamous 2 Evil route
Row 4
B Starts with S (PSNID) Spyro the Dragon ---
I Oldest in your backlog Portal 2011
N Last game you acquired Dragon Quest XI: Echoes of an Elusive Age Christmas 2018
G Released in 2014 (join date) InFamous: First Light August 2014
O Hype! Shantae and the Pirate's Curse ---
Row 5
B With online features Saints Row: Gat out of Hell Co-op
I You think you will dislike The Walking Dead: Michonne ---
N That you've been meaning to get to Kingdom Hearts: Final Mix ---
G That you can beat in one sitting The Gardens Between ~2 hours
O Ultra rare platinum Dragon Age: Inquisition 4.39%
Edited by SyIaris
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Mesopithecus said:

I have to admit, I kind of missed the part of the first post where it said Xbox Achievements could be used and when I realized that, I remember we have Forza so that's a possibility. 

Having an Xbox surely helps when it comes to that genre. :D

I'm hoping to play Forza (Horizon) myself in the next few days/weeks (have some unforeseen problems with the PC-parts I ordered <_< ). 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SyIaris said:

Retro ReRelease - Spyro! Got it as an early Christmas gift and haven't had time to play it yet.

Thought this myself but then realized it's a trilogy so I can use Spyro for Hype (because there's been a bunch) and use the 2nd or 3rd for Retro.

4 hours ago, ZachGM91 said:

I can answer this two ways. Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris. It's a fairly easy ultra plat to get and it's for an isometric game. 

I think you're mistaken, Lara Croft and the temple of Osiris doesn't have a plat its just an ultra rare 100%. 

5 hours ago, marshmeowlo said:

I'd like to join this! 

https://bingobaker.com/play/1867308/9c5f8c881daaaa276e3f6fef4109330a

Another short Isometric game is Donut County, looks pretty fun and the guides on here recommend about 3 hours to finish all the trophies so i assume less then that to just finish the game.