Bingo Bonanza 2020

13 minutes ago, XX_FTW said:

You are correct that I am pitching this as a more laid back event, with anything beyond story completion being completely optional. As far as games that you’ve previously started, they are eligible provided you haven’t completed the story/story equivalent.

The example given of a game you cleared but did not 100% the trophy list wouldn’t be eligible. So I guess for this purpose, backlog would be defined as games you haven’t completed. Does that help?

Similarly for the Ultra Rare Platinum category, actually getting the platinum would be a bonus. To fulfill the challenge, you would simply need to complete the story. The goal of this challenge was to address the hesitance some trophy hunters have to trying out a hard plat.

When I get a chance this week, I will compile the questions that have been asked into a section of the OP for future reference.

Thanks for clarifying. For the most part that clears things up I think. What about games that you can beat on various difficulties? Let's say a game like Uncharted was cleared on normal prior to the event starting. Would completing it on crushing during the event make it eligible?

17 minutes ago, XX_FTW said:

The example given of a game you cleared but did not 100% the trophy list wouldn’t be eligible.

So... just to triple clarify, games where you may only have a couple trophies left for... say... cleaning up collectibles, grinding kills/money/whatever, beating a post-game dungeon, replaying a game for an alternate ending, etc can't be used in this event because, in each of those cases, the main story is already done?

Additionally, this question was asked about DLCs... with the following response....

On 12/21/2018 at 3:39 AM, Caju_94 said:

Does it include DLCs? Like can I consider a bingo box an episode DLC only? 

On 12/21/2018 at 7:04 AM, XX_FTW said:

So let’s say: yes, assuming they provide significant content. Let’s use discretion as to not override the spirit of the challenge.

So I'm assuming that "significant content" means that the DLC has to provide some sort of additional story to work through?

Asking because I was planning on cleaning up some games (about 4-5) where all I have left is post-game content and, if that's out of the question, I'll have to plan new games.

4 hours ago, voodoo_eyes said:

Thanks for clarifying. For the most part that clears things up I think. What about games that you can beat on various difficulties? Let's say a game like Uncharted was cleared on normal prior to the event starting. Would completing it on crushing during the event make it eligible?

4 hours ago, eigen-space said:

So... just to triple clarify, games where you may only have a couple trophies left for... say... cleaning up collectibles, grinding kills/money/whatever, beating a post-game dungeon, replaying a game for an alternate ending, etc can't be used in this event because, in each of those cases, the main story is already done?

Additionally, this question was asked about DLCs... with the following response....

So I'm assuming that "significant content" means that the DLC has to provide some sort of additional story to work through?

Asking because I was planning on cleaning up some games (about 4-5) where all I have left is post-game content and, if that's out of the question, I'll have to plan new games.

Yes, if the game is cleared prior to the start of the event, an additional playthrough would not count for a box fulfillment.

Yes, that is what I was suggesting by significant content. Of course that carries the same trappings for story equivalency as a base game does. So racing games dlc may also count if significant.

I want to participate. I already created my Bingo card but can't show it from my mobile so i'm doing that in a day or two.

The hardest category to fill will be Release in 2019 :( I hope we get The Last Of Us Part II next year then i'm sure i'll finish every box :) some will go along with games chosen for the upcoming event in January by eigen-space :)

Edited by Evil_Joker88

nzWnPOO.png

B1 - Hype! - Kingdom Hearts 3

B2 - That Takes "Forever" To Beat - Digimon World: Next Order

B3 - Platform Exclusive - Freedom Wars 

B4 - For Another PSNP Event - Senran Kagura: Bon Appetit!

B5 - Favorite Genre - Ray Gigant

I1 - Reboot or Spiritual Sucessor - Horizon Chase Turbo

I2 - Play As An Antihero Or Bad Guy - Watch Dogs 2

I3 - Metroidvania or Rogue-like - Iconoclasts

I4 - Anthromorphized Animals - Spyro 2: Ripto's Rage

I5 - Redeemed from PS Plus - Zero Time Dilemma

N1 - With Minigames In It - Akiba's Trip: Undead & Undressed

N2 - Ultra Rare Platinum - Yakuza Kiwami

N3 - Player's Choice - HyperDimension Neptunia U: Action Unleashed

N4 - Released the Year you joined PSNP - What Remains of Edith Finch

N5 - By an Independent Developer - Rime

G1 - Cooperative Game - Borderlands 2

G2 - That "Everyone" Has Played But You - Heavy Rain

G3 - Strategy, Simulation, or Management - DriveClub

G4 - Based On a Non-Gaming IP - Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy

G5 - With Player's Choices or Multiple Endings - Zero Escape: 999, Nine Hours, Nine Persons, Nine Doors

O1 - Last Game You Acquired - MotorStorm RC

O2 - Featuring a Romance or Romance Features - Batman Telltale: The Enemy Within

O3 - With Gorgeous Vistas - Far Cry Primal

O4 - With a # or Punctuation Mark In The Title - Spyro 3: Year of the Dragon

O5 - Cult Favorite - Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward

You can check out the games I have to play in the following post:

Edited by Caju_94
  • Like 2

@Caju_94 non-gaming ip means a game based on something that didn’t start as a game.

Like Batman games, Spider-Man, Walking Dead, Star Wars, all the LEGO games, etc.

something based off an ip that started as a game or movie or book. Anything that wasn’t a video game first.

Edited by DoctorDrPepper
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Caju_94 said:

O2 - Featuring a Romance or Romance Features - I don't know if I have one that fits this. Going to do a research. TBD. 

Anything Bioware should work for this one since I saw you had a few of those.  I know those can have romances depending on the choices you make.  DR2 is also a good choice since the Island mode lets you take characters on dates, but DRV3 is actually a better choice if you end up playing that one after DR2 since there's actually a romance in game and its version of Island Mode is a dating game.  Persona games are also a good choice, Tales of games tend to have romances too.  Lots of good possible choices without even having to dip into Otome games.

4 hours ago, Caju_94 said:

O2 - Featuring a Romance or Romance Features - I don't know if I have one that fits this. Going to do a research. TBD.

Since I'm playing it right know I suggest Until Dawn. The characters have romantic relationships and it was free with PS+. So maybe you already have that game.

Spoiler

bingobonanza.png

B1: The Year i joined PSNP = 2015. Apotheon

B2: With a Number as Title: 88 Heroes

B3: Favorite Genre: Stealth-Action. Deus Ex Mankind Divided

B4: Recommended by other PSNP Member: Saints Row: Gat out of Hell. Recommended by @Lefalaja

B5: Left unfinished: Resident Evil 0

I1: Gorgeous Vistas: God of War (2018)

I2: Metroidvania: Dust: An Elysian Tale. Thx to @Crimson Idol

I3: Anti-Hero: Wet

I4: Meaning to get to: Ni No Kuni II: Revenant Kingdom

I5: That "Everyone" has: Uncharted Lost Legacy

N1: Beat in one sitting: Her Majesty's Spiffing

N2: (Arcade, Rythmn or) Puzzle: Enigmatis

N3: Player's choice: Dirt Rally

N4: Mystery or Detective: Danganronpa 2

N5: Platform Exclusive: Infamous

G1: Reboot: Ratchet & Clank (PS4)

G2: Release in 2019: The Last Of Us Part II (hopefully ?)

G3: Same letter as PSN ID: Energy Balance (PS4 NA)

G4: Indi Dev: Transistor

G5: That gives you the feel: The Last Of Us (PS4)

O1: Player operated Vehicles: Ghost Recon Wildlands

O2: Oldest in my Backlog: Red Dead Redemption

O3: Minigames: Enigmatis 2

O4: One Word Title: Ride (PS4)

O5: That Takes Forever: Monster Hunter World

Oh man this was harder than it seemed at first.. choosing no game which story i have already completed made things difficultier as i had to find new games i've never played before mostly...  that is different to events prior on psnp :D ...

i have a question at @XX_FTW ... how strict are you in terms of changing games? Pretty high i guess as we have so many categories to choose and lenient goals to achieve...

Edited by Evil_Joker88
  • Like 1

Okay, so after having a look around my backlog and the games I really want to get around to playing soon, I've come up with a list. I know it's completely about completing storylines for this competition, but I'm going to go one step further, as a personal goal, try to Platinum/100% most of my list as well - will be quite a goal, as there are quite a few games on my list which will take some time!

Once again, here is my bingo card:

Spoiler

6bff1466480ba43a0518a9b4b561c54f.png

...and here is my list:

Spoiler

I have colour coded my games based on my personal goals for each:

Purple = Complete storyline, Blue = Platinum, Green = 100%

B1 Last Game You Aquired: Detroit: Become Human. My latest physical purchase as of this list.

B2 Peripherial-Based: Rock Band 4.

B3 Retro Rerelease: Crash Bandicoot (PS4).

B4 DLC Pack: Sleeping Dogs (PS3) - DLC Packs 1&2.

B5 Starts with first letter of PSNID: Mafia III.

I1 Female Protagonist: Tomb Raider: Legend.

I2 Recommended by a PSNP Member: Amnesia Collection. Recommended by Evil_Joker88.

I3 Adventure: Disney Universe.

I4 Hype!: Hyperballoid HD.

I5 Award-Winning: The Last of Us (PS4).

N1 Released the year you joined PSNP: Knytt Underground. I'll go one better and match the month I joined. Joined Dec 1, 2012, Released Dec 18, 2012.

N2 Player Operated Vehicles: LittleBigPlanet Karting.

N3 Player's Choice: Happy Dungeons. Need to 100% this before June anyway, so may as well put this here...

N4 Ultra Rare Platinum: Crysis 2.

N5 Reboot / Spiritual Successor: Yooka-Laylee.

G1 Sci-Fi or Fantasy: Fallout: New Vegas.

G2 Favourite Genre: LEGO: City Undercover. Sandbox / Open world.

G3 You think you will dislike: Battleship. Gave up on this one.

G4 Meaning to get to: Agents of Mayhem. Been sitting on the shelf for nearly a year now.

G5 "Forever to Beat": Red Dead Redemption II. Obviously made a good start on this one, but still nowhere near finishing even the story yet.

O1 One word title: Rain.

O2 Developed in a foreign country: Psycho-Pass: Mandatory Happiness.

O3 Redeemed from PS Plus: SOMA.

O4 Beat in one sitting: Actual Sunlight.

O5 Isometric View: Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light.

Just need some recommendations from you guys now for my I2 square and I'm sorted. *EDIT* Thanks Evil_Joker88 for the recommendation.

Nice mix of game there, and a nice mix of backlog and games I haven't even started yet. Some long games, but I'm up to the challenge! Really looking forward to marking some of these off in the new year! :awesome:

Edited by masdawg1988
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Evil_Joker88 said:

i looked through your list for this event and your trophy list and i suggest some terrifiying game like Amnesia: Collection @masdawg1988 as you have several genres included already :)

You know what, I never did get back to this collection, so this will do just fine! Thanks Evil_Joker88 ??

List complete, roll on 2019!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Evil_Joker88 said:

i have a question at @XX_FTW ... how strict are you in terms of changing games? Pretty high i guess as we have so many categories to choose and lenient goals to achieve...

I’m not holding anyone to any particular game for any category, until you report a challenge completed. So if you play Game X and use it to mark off Square N4, that is then set. If you say you’re planning to play Game Y for Square B2 but end up playing Game Z instead, that’s completely fine.

8 hours ago, Caju_94 said:

O4 - With a # or Punctuation Mark In The Title - QUESTION Does the colon (:) count? 

Yes, absolutely. It’s a punctuation mark. Also, in case others have questions about this one, I would also extend this to include symbols as well.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, XX_FTW said:

I’m not holding anyone to any particular game for any category, until you report a challenge completed. So if you play Game X and use it to mark off Square N4, that is then set. If you say you’re planning to play Game Y for Square B2 but end up playing Game Z instead, that's completely fine

That's just perfect :D

I'll join, got a new account so if I need some inspiration on what to play I'll use this. Only one I'll have to do my own thing with is a game I started but never finished since I haven't got any, also do games count which you started this year but only finish next year or do you fully have to start it next year for it to count? ^_^ 

I also have no idea how to post an image so here's the link: https://bingobaker.com/play/1867308/9f09d6dd1dab4f362dd142140adfaa45

Edited by LucianaRosethorn