Bingo Bonanza 2020

3 hours ago, Kristycism said:

Someone recommend games to me (for the "Recommended By a PSNP Member")? I like Platformers (especially collectathons, but I think I've already played most of them), JRPGs with good stories, and open world games with lots of things to collect.

JRPGs with good stories you say?  Don't know if you own them but the best ones on PSN I've played are Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel 1 and 2.  Currently PS3 and Vita only, but they are on PS Now.  PS4 versions are being released next year.

The Tales of series is also great for stories and like the FF series, most of those stand alone so you can really play any one of them.   Also since you enjoy collecting stuff you'll probably like that these tend to have trophies related to collecting stuff and a nice collector's book to keep tabs on them.  If you don't own any yet there are some good sales on some of the games going on right now.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Briste said:

I recently started Rayman Legends which has been a fun platformer. There are quite a few collectibles and it will probably take about three months to finish due to the achieving the highest level of awesomeness trophy. It was also free earlier in the year so it's possible you already have it in your backlog. 

For the JRPG, you have a few Final Fantasy's in your profile, but I don't see several of them. There is enough information about them where I'm sure you don't need a ton of detail, but VII has an open world with tons of collectibles and there aren't really any dumb trophies like the Jump Rope in IX. The grind on VII was lessened by the ability to speed up time. When I played VII as a kid, getting the summon master materia took a very long time and it wasn't nearly as bad with the speed boost. The good news is that you can choose to play  at the regular pace if you want. None of these are earth shattering recommendations but they are worth a play anyways :)

Yeah, I go back and forth on whether or not to play Rayman Legends. It does look really enjoyable, but the trophy for getting the awesomeness level has been putting me off. But maybe I will go for it for this event :D

And I played all the FF games on their original consoles :P All the way from 1-13 other than 11 because it was an MMO (the 13 trilogy I played on Xbox). But I wouldn't say no to playing them again :D

2 hours ago, paranoia_agent85 said:

I see you haven't done Shadow of the Colossus on the PS4, that may tickle your fancy. A memorable but not really demanding game (unlike the PS3 version, I've done both). I knocked it over in four days so it should be cake for you.

Ohhh yeah, I'd been considering buying that actually. Every time I see it in a store I *almost* pick it up, and then decide not to for various reasons (usually money-related). I loved The Last Guardian (played it on my old account) and it's made by the same developers, right? I really should pick it up at some point...and now I can use the "it was recommended to me personally by someone" excuse that I like xD

15 minutes ago, ladynadiad said:

JRPGs with good stories you say?  Don't know if you own them but the best ones on PSN I've played are Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel 1 and 2.  Currently PS3 and Vita only, but they are on PS Now.  PS4 versions are being released next year.

The Tales of series is also great for stories and like the FF series, most of those stand alone so you can really play any one of them.   Also since you enjoy collecting stuff you'll probably like that these tend to have trophies related to collecting stuff and a nice collector's book to keep tabs on them.  If you don't own any yet there are some good sales on some of the games going on right now.

Welp. I had never actually heard of the series before, but after a quick google and look at the gameplay on youtube, I'm 100% sold on Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold. If I'm not using it for my "recommended by a PSNP member" category, it's gonna go in "series new to you". THANK YOU! :D

I do like the Tales of series too though! I played Symphonia on the GameCube, Vesperia on the Xbox, and Eternia on the DS (though I think it was actually a GBA game) and I loved all three. Bought the Symphonia bundle recently as it was on sale, though I've heard Dawn of the New World doesn't live up to the original, but eh, I'll give it a go at some point anyway. And I also own Graces f, Xillia 1, and Zesitiria - but I've read the latter isn't great? Also keep thinking of picking up Berseria every time it's on sale or in a store, but I always feel like I should play through the ones I already own first rather than keep buying new ones xD

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Neocarleen said:

Just throwing some suggestions that you may enjoy based on looking at your profile:

• Fallout 4

I've had it and all the DLC downloaded on my harddrive for awhile now, I've just never gotten around to it. Maybe it's about time I did! Thanks for the suggestion!

I'll join, here's the card I got:

6KTkQ7n.png

I'll set a personal rule not to count something unless I get the platinum/100%, since I'm going to do that anyway.

Skimming through my backlog a bit:

With Gorgeous Vistas - Uncharted: The Lost Legacy

You Think You Will Dislike - Final Fantasy X-2

That "Everyone" But You Has Played - The Last of Us Remastered

Developed in a Foreign Country - Tales of Vesperia DE

Strategy, Simulation, or Management - Ratchet & Clank: Full Frontal Assault

Arcade, Ryhthm, or Puzzle - Senran Kagura Bon Appetit

With a Female Protagonist - Nier: Automata

Oldest in Your Backlog - Metal Gear Solid 4

Plenty to figure out from here but that's a good start.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, OhDearGodRun said:

Could someone suggest a strategy, simulation, or management game? I'm really not a fan of those genres.

Dunno if you've found one yet, but I would highly recommend Slime Rancher, and based on other games on your profile you might like it. It's great fun and lighthearted, albeit a bit repetitive if you buy into the sim stuff, but the story element can be done in under 5 hours without rushing (a speedrun can be done in under an hour - world records are 15-25 mins) and the sim part could probably be largely ignored even though it's the main point of the game.

And Overcooked (1 or 2) are amazing fun if you play with a friend (first game can only be done locally), but the campaigns on each can also be completed quick enough by yourself though it's nowhere near as fun (and I probably wouldn't recommend them solo).

From the games you currently have on your profile, you could go with Transistor, as that would fit under strategy I think? I can't see any others from a quick glance that you've not already finished the story for.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Kristycism said:

Dunno if you've found one yet, but I would highly recommend Slime Rancher, and based on other games on your profile you might like it. It's great fun and lighthearted, albeit a bit repetitive if you buy into the sim stuff, but the story element can be done in under 5 hours without rushing (a speedrun can be done in under an hour - world records are 15-25 mins) and the sim part could probably be largely ignored even though it's the main point of the game.

Oh, would that count? I guess it could be seen as management.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Willreaper41 said:

I'll join. Not sure how to post the link/card I got though.

@Willreaper41 if you upload the image to either photobucket or imgur you can then post the link into insert other media -> insert image to URL. You might need to add .jpg onto the end of the link so that it will display on here if the link doesn't already have it. 

On 12/24/2018 at 2:33 PM, Kevvik said:

Thought this myself but then realized it's a trilogy so I can use Spyro for Hype (because there's been a bunch) and use the 2nd or 3rd for Retro.

Good point. No Man's Sky would also be a good choice for Hype - there was a ton, even if it turned really negative afterwards.  :P

Figured out a tentative list yesterday:

Spoiler

B1: That You Started But Didn't Finish   CastleStorm
B2: DLC Pack or Standalone DLC   Final Fantasy XV: Comrades
B3: That Takes "Forever" To Beat   The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
B4: Starts With The First Letter In Your PSNID (S)   Song of the Deep
B5: With Online Features   Dead Rising 2: Off the Record

I1: Adventure   Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc
I2: Retro Rerelease   Destroy All Humans!
I3: Cult Favorite   Nights into Dreams…
I4: Oldest in Your Backlog   Portal
I5: You Think You Will Dislike   Conker’s Bad Fur Day

N1: With a Female Protagonist   Beyond Good & Evil
N2: Arcade, Rhythm, or Puzzle   Draw a Stickman: Epic
N3: Player's Choice   -----
N4: Last Game You Acquired   Dragon Quest XI: Echoes of an Elusive Age
N5: That You've Been Meaning To Get To   Kingdom Hearts

G1: In a Series New To You   Viva Pinata
G2: Award-Winning   Dragon Age: Inquisition
G3: With Minigames In It   Red Dead Redemption
G4: Released The Year You Joined PSNP (2014)   Thief
G5: That You Can Beat In One Sitting   Evoland

O1: Platform Exclusive   The Order: 1886
O2: With a # or Punctuation Mark in the Title   Banjo-Kazooie
O3: Play as An Antihero or Bad Guy   InFamous 2
O4: Hype!   Spyro the Dragon
O5: Ultra Rare (<5%)   Assassin’s Creed Brotherhood

By year turned out to be the hardest to find options for. So many weird re-releases...

Lots of things that could be shuffled around, though. Planning out a year in advance doesn't tend to hold very steady for me.

4+ I'm unlikely to ever plat/100%, so it'd be nice to get through the story without feeling like I'm wasting time for events.

• Like 1

After going through my Backlog and thinking about it for a bit, I made a tentative list. I know, that I have the whole year to complete this, but since I participate in a few other events, some of them taking place at the beginning of the year, I tried to match some of the requirements from the different events together. Like a few others already mentioned, my goal is to not only play through the story of the game, but to fully complete it, so I tried to find as many games as possible from my already started Backlog. The result is the following list:

Spoiler

B1 - That gives you the feels - 

B2 - Award-Winning - The Witcher 3

B3 - Favourite Genre - Final Fantasy XIII

B4 - Sci-Fi or Fantasy Themes - Final Fantasy XIII-2

B5 - With Mystery or Detective Themes - This is the Police

I1 - With Online Features - For Honor

I2 - Racing or Sports - Project Cars

I3 - With Gorgeous Vistas - Marvel's Spider-Man

I4 - Cult Favourite - Spyro

I5 - Released the Year You Joined PSNP (2017) - Crash Bandicoot 2

N1 - Last Game You Acquired - Final Fantasy XV

N2 - Featuring a Romance or Romance Options - Dragon Age Inquisition

N3 - Player's Choice - 

N4 - That You Can Beat In One Sitting - Oxenfree

N5 - Originally Released 2019 - Kingdom Hearts 3

G1 - Starts With The First Letter In Your PSN ID (L) - Lumo/Little Nightmares

G2 - Retro Rerelease - Spyro 2

G3 - Historical Fiction or Mythology - 

G4 - With Minigames In It - 

G5 - Oldest In Your Backlog - Skyrim

O1 - With Player Choices or Multiple Endings - Detroit: Become Human

O2 - That Takes "Forever" To Beat - Final Fantasy X

O3 - With a # or Punctuation Mark in the Title - Ni No Kuni 2

O4 - DLC Pack or Standalone DLC - Horizon Zero Dawn: Frozen Wilds

O5 - Reboot or Spiritual Successor - Uncharted 3

If anyone wants to give me any ideas for the categories I haven't found games for yet (or for any category, really), I would appreciate it a lot. Especially for a game that can give you the feels and one with minigames in it. (:

Lastly, I have a question about the Retro Rerelease. Does it need to be the actual game, that got rereleased or is a remake of the game acceptable? Because I thought of playing Spyro from the Reignited Trilogy, but if that doesn't count, I'd have to look for something else.

Edited by Lojtana
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Kristycism said:

Welp. I had never actually heard of the series before, but after a quick google and look at the gameplay on youtube, I'm 100% sold on Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold. If I'm not using it for my "recommended by a PSNP member" category, it's gonna go in "series new to you". THANK YOU! :D

I do like the Tales of series too though! I played Symphonia on the GameCube, Vesperia on the Xbox, and Eternia on the DS (though I think it was actually a GBA game) and I loved all three. Bought the Symphonia bundle recently as it was on sale, though I've heard Dawn of the New World doesn't live up to the original, but eh, I'll give it a go at some point anyway. And I also own Graces f, Xillia 1, and Zesitiria - but I've read the latter isn't great? Also keep thinking of picking up Berseria every time it's on sale or in a store, but I always feel like I should play through the ones I already own first rather than keep buying new ones xD

Glad to introduce you to Trails because it's definitely an amazing JRPG series and you're in for a treat with the sheer detail in the worldbuilding and just how vibrant this world will feel.  There are few series out there that will get me to buy multiple versions of the games and also to buy new consoles and import and this series is the one that keeps pulling it off.

As far as Tales of goes, I haven't played Dawn of the New World either, but I'm in the same boat, I'll play it if I end up liking Symphonia.  I also 100%ed Vesperia on 360, though it's finally coming to PS4 soon.  I actually did 100% Zestiria on Steam and really liked it.  A lot of people don't care much for the equipment system, but once you get the hang of it, it's really easy to abuse.  The story was good enough to keep me wanting to play and actually beat the game.  Of the ones you mentioned, Zestiria is probably the easiest plat since it's technically doable in one playthrough and a bit of a second, but much easier to just do a second for the difficulty related trophies.  Just bear in mind that with Zestiria there is DLC required for the 100%  Sounds like we're overall in the same boat with liking the series but only having played a few of the games and really just need to get around to playing more.  I can't comment on Berseria since it's in my backlog too, but I've heard good things about it.  Graces f looks good as well, wasn't a fan of Xillia from what I played of it so far.

• Like 1

Here's my card and my plans:

DqcTm7m.jpg

(B1) Based on Non-Gaming IP: Hatsune Miku Project Diva f

(I1) With Punctuation Mark in the title: Steins; Gate 0 or Chaos;Child

(N1) Released the Year you joined PSNP: Superdimension Neptune VS Sega Hard Girls (2016, NA release)

(G1) Strategy, Simulation, or Management: Hyperdevotion Noire: Goddess Black Heart (Strategy)

(O1) For Another PSNP Event: Psychopass: Mandatory Happiness (Vita's 7th Anniversary, Tsurugi's story)

(B2) DLC Pack or Standalone DLC: TBD

(I2) Historical FIction or Mythology: London Detective Mysteria

(N2) Originally Released in 2019: Death Mark

(G2) Cooperative Game: TBD

(O2) Developed in A Foreign Country: Persona 5: Dancing in Starlight

(B3) That Gives You Feels: Danganronpa V3: Killing Harmony

(I3) In a series new to you: Psychedelica of The Black Butterfly

(N3) Player's Choice: TBD

(G3) One Word Title√LETTER

(O3) Retro Release: Kingdom Hearts Re: Chain of Memories (Gameboy Advanced)

(B4) With Player-operated Vehicles: TBD

(I4) Last Game You Acquired: Hatsune Miku: Project Diva X

(N4) Oldest in Your Backlog: Kingdom Hearts Re:coded

(G4) Reboot or Spiritual Successor: Hyperdimention Neptunia Re;Birth 1

(O4) Platform Exclusive: NORN9 Var Commons (PS Vita, while other games in the series came out in the PSP, this one is only vita, at least it seems that way)

(B5) Racing or Sport: TDB

(I5) With Online Features: Hatsune Miku: Project Diva f 2nd

(N5) That You Can Beat in One Setting: TDB

(G5) Hype!: TDB

(O5) Award-winning: Final Fantasy X (Best Game Award from the Japan Game Awards 2001–2002)

Edited by Alternatewarning
  • Like 1

I took some time and made a tentative list of games for my Bingo card. I don't know if I'll be able to get through the whole card but I'll try. Since this is a year long event I chose a lot of longer games I've been meaning to clear from my backlog. I'll try and 100%/Platinum the games, but that'll be dependent on time. I don't know if some of my games are reaching in the categories, but if anyone thinks a game doesn't fit let me know. I also don't have a game for another PSNP event as I'm not currently in another event.

X6QBZLn.png

Spoiler

B1 WIth #/Punctuation - Wild Arms 3

B2 Ultra Rare Platinum - Wasteland 2

B3 Retro Rerelease - Shenmue 1

B4 Favorite Genre - Persona 4 Golden (JRPG)

B5 In a Series New to you - Uncharted 1 (Never played any of the Uncharted games but have been meaning to)

I1 Play as an Antihero/Bad Guy - Infamous

I2 You Think You'll Dislike - Yooka Laylee (I'm not a fan of Banjo-Kazooie but I bought this to play with my Fiance)

I3 Romance/Romance Options - Conception 2

I4 Started but Didn't Finish - My Hero Ones Justice

I5 Been Meaning to get to - Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories

N1 Anthro Animals - Stories: Path of Destinies

N2 Strategy/Simulation/Management - Tropico 5

N3 Players Choice - Final Fantasy X

N4 One Word Title - Knack

N5 Historical Fiction/Mythology - Okami HD

G1 Cult Favorite - Shenmue 2

G2 Mystery/Detective Themes - Enigmatis: Ghost of Maple Creek

G3 Isometric View - Donut County

G4 Based on Non-Gaming IP - Lego Dimensions

G5 Can Beat in one Sitting - Doodle Devil

O1 For Another PSNP Event - TBD

O2 Oldest in Backlog - The Sims 3 (That I plan on going back to)

O3 Sci-Fi Fantasy - Ratchet and Clank 3

O4 Arcade/Rhythm/Puzzle - Persona 3 Dancing Moon Night

O5 Online Features - Grand Theft Auto 5

• Like 1

So I finally got the chance to generate my card and here it is:

Spoiler

hozcVub.png

As to what games I intend to use for each challenge (for any TBD game, I am open to suggestions, preferably cheap and easy to plat ones):

• HypeTBD (it is unlikely that I will buy a 2019 game. In case I buy a game, that would be Far Cry: Dawn. I guess I could always go with the most hyped game of 2018, RDR2?)
  • Metroidvania or Rogue-like TBD (it will most likely be Hollow Night)
  • Cooperative Game TBD (I might go with Unravel Two)
  • Featuring a Romance or Romance Options TBD (hmm, I haven't thought about any game yet for this)
  • Starts With The First Letter In Your PSNID Detroit: Become Human
  • With Mystery or Detective Themes TBD (probably Batman - The Telltale Series)
  • Originally Released in 2019 TBD (as I said in my Hype! challenge, if I were to buy a 2019 game that would the new Far Cry game)
  • With Online Features TBD (I don't know about this one, maybe FFXV: Comrades, the new standalone version, if that counts)
  • That Takes "Forever" To Beat MGS V: The Phantom Pain 
  • You Think You Will Dislike TBD (I usually avoid games that I believe I will dislike, maybe Mad Max?)
  • Adventure God of War (that was an easy one!)
  • With Minigames In It Red Dead Redemption 2 (although if I were to use RDR2 for another challenge, my choice will be Yakuza 0, would love to start this series)
  • Player's Choice The Last of Us Remastered
  • Released the Year You Joined PSNP Uncharted: The Lost Legacy
  • DLC Pack or Standalone DLC The City That Never Sleeps: The Heist from Spider-Man
  • Reboot or Spiritual Successor TBD (God of War would be a good fit here if I can find a substitute in Adventure)
  • Recommended By a PSNP Member TBD (I will have to take a look at the thread for this one! :D )
  • That "Everyone" But You Has Played TBD (TLOU Remastered, God of War or MGSV: TPP could be good candidates for this)
  • Historical Fiction or Mythology TBD (another category that could use some God of War)
  • With Gorgeous Vistas TBD (many games already mentioned could be placed here)
  • Racing or Sports TBD (unfortunately I already finished ONRUSH, don't know if I will start another game from these genres)
  • Favorite Genre TBD (to be honest, I don't have one in particular. However, I do often enjoy Action - Adventure or Racing games.)
  • That You've Been Meaning To Get To TBD (pretty much any unstarted game I've mentioned)
  • Sci-Fi or Fantasy Themes TBD (perhaps inFamous: Second Son? or maybe Detroit: Become Human)
  • That You Can Beat In One Sitting TBD (no ideas for this one either, at the moment)

As you can see, I mention a lot of games for multiple challenges. That is because none of the games are actually a lock for them. A new PS plus game could come in the following months that could replace one that is listed or maybe I buy some new games. We don't have to pick games right now, right?

My goal is to complete at least one Bingo and that will probably be my third row (that's why all the challenges in there are followed by a game). I expect my free time to be limited next year due to various obligations, so I will avoid starting any game that it's not in my backlog or I know I will probably not enjoy for a challenge.

Edited by Deadsh0tdoubleG
  • Like 1

I've posted an FAQ for previously-asked questions. If you haven't received a direct answer to your question, please check the FAQ as it's likely your question was answered earlier in the thread.

Also welcome to all the newcomers! I've added everyone up to this post, except for those who haven't posted their cards as images yet. If you have only posted a link to your card, please post it as an image. I'll add you to the OP once your card is up.

About 28 hours to go before start time. Woot!

Edited by XX_FTW
  • Like 2