Bingo Bonanza 2020

11 minutes ago, ShogunCroCop said:

Thanks for that description. That may be one I skip as I don't have an interest in those types of games.

They are my least favorite kind of game, but luckily some are really short. You can plat Teslagrad in less than 2 hours with a guide and it's really cheap when it's on sale. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, XX_FTW said:

Wow, you guys are definitely getting me with questions I hadn't considered lately. For this category... I think @voodoo_eyes is right: the online feature should still be available.

That means, I have to put Hustle Kings on my G4 square, since it also was from PS+ at some point... There goes almost the entire Assassin's Creed franchise to a couple of squares...

Also, do Playstation 3 and/or Vita have any platform exclusives out of my backlog? Most of the games I can think about do have a version on another platform (does that include every platform possible?)...

Edited by dein-the-dragoon

17 minutes ago, XX_FTW said:

I've updated the Participant list in the OP.

Thanks for that. I just started tracking such things in the About Me-section of my profile as I found it rather hard to find such posts in a topic as there doesn't seem to be an option to search your own posts so it's a welcome change if an event host posts such a link! :)  

• Like 1

I would like to join please. Here is my Bingo board

ASWS32q.png

My tentative list (L to R, starting upper L corner)

1. Horizon Zero Dawn
  2. God of War (?)
  3. ?
  4. ?
  5. ?
  6. One of the Spyro games
  7. ?
  8. One of the Tomb Raider games
  9. OnRush
  10. Spider Man
  11. ?
  12. 2013 game
  13. ?
  14. ?
  15. Something Ratalaika :P
  16. Escape Plan
  17. Atomine
  18. ?
  19. ?
  20. Star Wars Clone Wars
  21. Borderlands TPS (Shooter)
  22. Wanted Weapons of Fate
  23. /
  24. ?
  25. Detroit: Become Human
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, AS_CHAOTIC said:

b2b1d935a96a31b61f04354c2f07701e.png 

Heres my bingo card, my question is for oldest in backlog, are we referring to psn account or just games we own, because the last couple oldest in mine have unachieveable plats due to server being shut down?

It's up for your interpretation really, but the objective is to complete the game and not necessarily plat it. If I were you, if the game can still be completed without a server, I would do it, if not, I would just skip it and pick the second oldest and so on until one can be done. 

Finished a couple of squares...

N4 - With Minigames In It - Ratchet & Clank: A Crack in Time :platinum: - thought about this for a few blocks and since I generally can't stand Minigames, I'll use it here with its in-game old school arcade game "My Blaster Runs Hot" - thought about Oldest in my Backlog but I'll try to finish the story on LBP to get that

O5 - Last Game you Acquired - Wheels of Aurelia :platinum: - picked this up on 30 Dec 18 for a couple bucks and held off grabbing the PS+ games for January until I knocked it off

Gotta work on getting my dabber set up so I can officially stamp my card.

Edited by Kevvik
  • Like 1

I'd like to participate and see where I will get to. I currently don't have any internet at home so no pc and I took a screenshot of my card with my phone. Unfortunately I don't know how to crop images on my phone. Once I have internet at home again I will upload a cropped picture of my card but until then:

PmoQokM.png

I only have one question about the categories: I have Kingdom Hearts 3 pre ordered and so far it is the only 2019 release I intent to buy. But it is also the only real game I'm in any hype to. The only other thing would be the new expansion of final fantasy xiv but that doesn't have trophies apart from ingame achievements regarding story completion. Could that still count for the hype category if I take a screenshot of that since I'm completing a story or should I just wait and hope that I find another game I may be hyped about during the year that will be somehow affordable?

21 minutes ago, Lagoon Aris said:

I'd like to participate and see where I will get to. I currently don't have any internet at home so no pc and I took a screenshot of my card with my phone. Unfortunately I don't know how to crop images on my phone. Once I have internet at home again I will upload a cropped picture of my card but until then:

PmoQokM.png

I only have one question about the categories: I have Kingdom Hearts 3 pre ordered and so far it is the only 2019 release I intent to buy. But it is also the only real game I'm in any hype to. The only other thing would be the new expansion of final fantasy xiv but that doesn't have trophies apart from ingame achievements regarding story completion. Could that still count for the hype category if I take a screenshot of that since I'm completing a story or should I just wait and hope that I find another game I may be hyped about during the year that will be somehow affordable?

You can only fill one slot per game. Hype can also be interpreted not as your hype in particular, but as an expectator. You know, games with clutch situations (any online game can suffice, Rocket League and Fighting Games comes to mind) or frenetic, flashy action.

Couple things.  One, I forgot about this:
*Yes, games previously started can be used for the challenge assuming you haven't completed the story/story equivalent. Trophy clean-ups aren't eligible, even if it requires an additional playthrough.*

So @XX_FTW I fear my Defense Grid 2 completion doesn't count ( I finished the main story for that months ago), so I'll be scrubbing my board clean and throwing something else at that when I have a chance/remember to.

Also, just in general, I wasn't going to do a "tentative list" (cause I forgot), but hey why not, might help me stay motivated. I've listed it below.  I may be wrong on Chariot  being a Metroidvania, and if so I'll swap it out later.

Spoiler

Edited by willythom88
Added list

As I said, I dropped out of this thread due to personal issues, but I do intend to do this challenge as a personal challenge. I know that won't earn me any badges, but I really need to jump-start my platinum count and this event is a great way to motivate myself to it. Again, I can't wait to see how everyone does in this event. ;)

For the record, here is the card I am using for this year...

bcard.png

I plan on using Secret of Mana for G3, Dark Cloud 2(which is still Ultra Rare even after several years) for G1, and My Brother Rabbit(which is made by the Polish company Artifex Mundi) for G3.

Great event idea. I'll join!

EDIT: Here's mine @XX_FTW

UstpVZa.png

Okay, so my goal I think will be straight down the middle... 

Peripheral-based - Creed: Rise to Glory

Reboot - Either Yooka and Laylee or Spyro the Dragon

Player's Choice - another Spyro game, or Rigs: MCL

With Isometric view - Any ideas anyone!?!? - Not sure what would be considered "Isometric." Like any 3D game where you can see the full 3D model of the character (Yooka and Laylee) or do you mean like top-down (like Dead Nation)?

"Everyone has played" - God of War or Spiderman

Edited by Beyondthegrave07
  • Like 1

1st Game completed today- One More Dungeon, from the Metroidvania/ Rogue-Like Category.Found this one quite annoying, the RNG was pretty awful for the first couple of run through, finally managed to do a run where I got plenty of healing items/ weapons etc to see me through. I'll probably work towards the platinum for this over the next couple of days.

Spoiler

B1- In a Series New to You 

B2- Originally Released in 2019

B3- That You've been Meaning to Get to 

B4- Metroidvania or Rogue-like- One More Dungeon

B5- That You Can Beat in One Sitting

I1- That Takes "Forever" to Beat"

I2- By An independent Developer

I3- Anthropomorphized Animals

I4- Reboot or Spiritual Successor

I5- Developed in a Foreign Country

N1- Sci-Fi or Fantasy Themes

N2- Redeemed from PS Plus

N3- Player's Choice

N4- Award- Winning

N5- That Gives you the Feels

G1- With Player Operated Vehicles

G2- With player Choices or Multiple Endings

G3- Recommended by a PSNP Member

G4- With Online Features

G5- With Gorgeous Vista's

O1- Ultra Rare Platinum

O2- Last Game You Acquired

O3- Platform Exclusive

O4- Featuring a Romance, or Romance Options

O5- Adventure

• Like 1

Finished my second square. ?

G1 - One Word Title: Deiland

There's a lot of buggy trophies in this game but I got the plat in the end. Even got the fastest time on the leaderboard. :yay:

Spoiler

B1 - Recommended by a PSPN member: The Sims 3 or Rainbow Moon (Recommended by LucianaRosethorn)

B2 - Released the year you joined PSNP: Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning (2012)

B3 - Adventure: Skyrim

B4 - Reboot or Spiritual Successor: Ratchet and Clank (PS4)

B5 - Oldest in your backlog: Hitman Blood Money (2006)

I1 - Racing or Sports: Onrush

I2 - With a # or Punctuation Mark in the Title: 2064: Read Only Memories

I3 - That You Can Beat in One Sitting: Burly Men At Sea  :platinum:

I4 - That You've Been Meaning To Get To: Dragon Quest XI

I5 - Hype!: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

N1 - Starts With The First Letter In Your PSNID: Mad Max

N2 - Ultra Rare Platinum: Stardew Valley (0.70%)

N3 - Player's Choice: 

N4 - Platform Exclusive: Knack

N5 - With Online Features: TERA or Happy Dungeons

G1 - One Word Title: Deiland  :platinum:

G2 - With a Female Protagonist: Lightning Returns FFXIII

G3 - In A Series New To You: Mass Effect

G4 - With Minigames In It: Yakuza Dead Souls

G5 - That You Started But Didn't Finish: Rune Factory Oceans or Dragon Quest Builders

O1 - Favorite Genre: Horizon Zero Dawn (Open world, RPG, Action)

O2 - Play as an Anti-hero or Bad Guy: God of War III (PS4) or God Of War (if I've bought it by then)

O3 - That Gives You The Feels: Shadow of the Colossus or The Last Of Us

O4 - Sci-Fi or Fantasy Themes: Dragon Age II

O5 - Retro Rerelease (Originally on a Console W/o Trophies): Final Fantasy VII

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TrueStoryGuy said:

Just got my card. I have a card for "Released the year you joined PSNP." How can I find this? I joined for forums in 2018, is this the date I'd use? 

Looking at my own, I do think the forum join date is the same as the date you joined.  Definitely don't recall having to do anything besides sign up for the site to sign up for the forums.  So looks like you'll need something released in 2018 then.

On 1/2/2019 at 9:19 PM, AS_CHAOTIC said:

Heres my bingo card, my question is for oldest in backlog, are we referring to psn account or just games we own, because the last couple oldest in mine have unachieveable plats due to server being shut down?

@ElBolovo is on the money with this. As plat isn’t required, story completion would suffice—and if you already have it on your trophy list it’ll bump up your completion % a bit. If you have a personal goal of plats for completion then work backward from the oldest to one that is plat eligible. Also if a game is in your possession but you’ve decided to never play it, I’d say it’s fair to say it’s not in your backlog. Hope that helps.

12 hours ago, willythom88 said:

So @XX_FTW I fear my Defense Grid 2 completion doesn't count ( I finished the main story for that months ago), so I'll be scrubbing my board clean and throwing something else at that when I have a chance/remember to

Ah, gotta love honest people! 

On 1/2/2019 at 10:35 PM, Kevvik said:

Gotta work on getting my dabber set up so I can officially stamp my card.

Oooo! I’m excited to see this. ?

19 hours ago, Lagoon Aris said:

Yikes... okay this runs up against two things. We’ve established that dlc is allowed to fulfill a square so that part isn’t an issue but I think we need to have a trophy as proof just to keep things simple. To solve your particular dilemma, you could a) do as you said and hope for another game to be released this year that hypes you up or b )try expanding your definition of “hype” outside of what hypes you personally. There have been several games mentioned in this thread already that might help. My personal favorite was someone mentioned using No Man’s Sky for as a victim of its own hype. Interested to see what you come up with.

@SuperSmash5U feel free to come and go as needed. Welcome back.

4 hours ago, TrueStoryGuy said:

Just got my card. I have a card for "Released the year you joined PSNP." How can I find this? I joined for forums in 2018, is this the date I'd use? 

Yup, as @ladynadiad said, the date listed on your forum profile is the one we are using.

4 hours ago, Mystvayne said:

G1 - One Word Title: Deiland

There's a lot of buggy trophies in this game but I got the plat in the end. Even got the fastest time on the leaderboard. :yay:

Nice! I’m super interested in that game but gotta clear out my digital backlog first.

Welcome to all the recent joiners. I’ll have you added to the OP soon. Feel free to play along and report in in the meantime.

Edited by XX_FTW

bcard.png

Had to replace my card because for some reason I lost the bookmark to my old card. I like the layout in this card better, though. I doubt I will get a blackout(because of B4 and I4) but I can probably get a triple BINGO before 2020. ;) And yes, I would like to re-join if you will accept me, this is a nice long event that won't be too stressful and gives me wiggle room for other gaming passions.

Edited by SuperSmash5U