Bingo Bonanza 2020

On 1/2/2019 at 2:05 PM, dein-the-dragoon said:

Also, do Playstation 3 and/or Vita have any platform exclusives out of my backlog? Most of the games I can think about do have a version on another platform (does that include every platform possible?)...

MeiQ looks to be Vita exclusive and it's not on Steam.  That's the only one I can see of the stuff on your profile currently and while that's a long and tedious plat, should be doable to finish story in.

As far as I know, it does include other platforms, unless the other platform's release is something you can't play.

Finished my first game for this year with Comix Zone and I will use it for the category "You Think You Will Dislike", which is field G1 on my card.

https://forum.psnprofiles.com/topic/69162-bingo-bonanza-2019/?page=3#comment-1745028

After reading a bit before starting it I already though "Why did I buy this. Oh yeah, it cnly costed 1.07€ during a sale :facepalm:" and similar to many other of those old Sega-games I played I really disliked it and I was glad that I was done after save-scumming for about 4 hours (for a game with a total length of 20 minutes). It wasn't as bad as Altered Beast but still an unpleasant experience.

I will keep track of the complete list in the initial post with the bingo card but will also add the list to any more recent post.

Finished Games:

G1 - Comix Zone

Completed Fields: 1 / 25

Completed Rows/Bingos: 0 / 9

Edited by Crimson Idol
  • Like 2

@Evil_Joker88 Thank you for your answer! I did Google NfS a little bit and read one or two threads discussing the games on here, but still was unsure what a good starting title would be. Some racing games are still on sale on PSN, so I'll see if the titles you mentioned are there sometime soon.

Edited by Intoner_Zero
  • Like 1

N5 - Creed: Rise to Glory. Got that platinum! :)

EDIT: Updated Bingo Card!

sNquZDX.png

Next up: Rigs: MCL. Most likely will be racing/sports or player-operated vehicles.

@XX_FTW can you add me to the OP as a participant? I'm not sure what page my original card is on. :( 

Edited by Beyondthegrave07
added card
  • Like 1

Added another game...

B5 - Redeemed from PS Plus - Master Reboot :platinum: - redeemed from PS+ Oct 2018 - again, could have gone into multiple blocks but I decided on this one

So, here is my card with blocks dabbed...

6S8DYpi.png

I think my dabber turned out pretty well.  I'm not horribly artistic so complex work is not my thing.  I think this is simple yet effective.  Maybe this will inspire someone with actual artistic ability to make something really cool for the event.

Thoughts?

6 hours ago, voodoo_eyes said:

One more to check off.

O4 - In a Series New to You . Fear Effect Sedna. The critics were right, this game is pretty poor.

I picked this up on a sale because I loved the earlier games and then read the reviews.  I still hope to get to it this year but it's fallen way down on my backlog.  I was hoping that normal people would say good things about it and disagree with the critics but that doesn't appear to be the case.

Edited by Kevvik
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, Kevvik said:

I  picked this up on a sale because I loved the earlier games and then read the reviews.  I still hope to get to it this year but it's fallen way down on my backlog.  I was hoping that normal people would say good things about it and disagree with the critics but that doesn't appear to be the case.

I never played the original series, and only knew that this would be differentin pretty much every regard. I looked at the gameplay and thought I could dig it, as it's sort of isometric/tactical. Problem is that it's implemented badly.

While I liked the art-style and the stealth gameplay is passable, the rest is just poorly designed.

Voice-acting is appalling, except for the two lead characters. The dialogues in general are just bad.

Turns out the tactical approach is not really tactical. It pauses the game and you que in actions, the problem is that the game is not turn-based. So while you queue up all the attacks, once you perform the action, the enemies will move and causing you to miss a lot of your attacks. Dodging is too slow and often results in still getting hit, melee attacks have a silly range that makes you think the hitbox is messed up. The friendly AI is horrendous. they will take damage constantly, not dodge, heal or do anything on their own.

Pretty sure the devs relied too much on the tactical thing too work, that they didn't bother with the AI. I also don't think anyone who developed it, actually playtested it, as there are sections in that game that are infuriatingly bad in design.

Worst thing was that after the credits it says that it's dedicated to the original creator of the series. Well, that must be a right kick in the bollocks.

This is a great idea for an event, awesome.  With a whole year to worth with, I might even manage a complete line!

I've crossed off my first game of 2019 - started The Invisible Hours last night and finished it this morning.  It's a murder mystery that takes place in Nikola Tesla's mansion, an odd little game / walking sim / stage play.  I wouldn't recommend it at full price at all, but it has a few good twists and decent enough writing.

k2iGXHw.png

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Mesopithecus said:

First game down - O4: Super Destronaut DX.  Ezpz platinum that can be done in less than 30 minutes

YtAJcKI.png

That's my first space too and the exact same game! I am just going for triple BINGO this year because some of the slots are not going to happen for me(like the involving roman--- I mean, player-operated vehicles :|).

2yjy0xl.png

Spoiler

(B1) Based on Non-Gaming IP: London Detective Mysteria* (Sherlock Holmes, and others)

(I1) With Punctuation Mark in the title: Steins; Gate 0 or Chaos;Child

(N1) Released the Year you joined PSNP: Superdimension Neptune VS Sega Hard Girls (2016, NA release)

(G1) Strategy, Simulation, or Management: Hyperdevotion Noire: Goddess Black Heart (Strategy)

(O1) For Another PSNP Event: Psychopass: Mandatory Happiness (Vita's 7th Anniversary, Tsurugi's story)

First one down is Pyschopass: Mandatory Happiness.  While I'm still working on the plat, should be a day or two, I did finish Tsurugi's story.  Overall, I do really like this game even though it does have some flaws.  Out of the two main stories, I like Tsurugi's better, I feel like he was a character I could connect with a lot more.  I also felt that Kugetachi's route would drag in quite a few places.  Overall rating, 6/10, 7/10 if you already have watched the anime that it is based on.

Edited by Alternatewarning
  • Like 2

59 minutes ago, Alternatewarning said:

Out of the two main stories, I like Tsurugi's better, I feel like he was a character I could connect with a lot more.  I also felt that Kugetachi's route would drag in quite a few places. 

I agree with this. I felt like Kugetachi's story missed quite a few important bits and overall I enjoyed Takuma's character way more although I have to say that it became quite tiresome to read through all that text several times as the auto-skip of unread text barely worked. Especially most text for the third case was boring as f*** after reading it for the 4th or 5th time. :| 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Crimson Idol said:

I agree with this. I felt like Kugetachi's story missed quite a few important bits and overall I enjoyed Takuma's character way more although I have to say that it became quite tiresome to read through all that text several times as the auto-skip of unread text barely worked. Especially most text for the third case was boring as f*** after reading it for the 4th or 5th time. :| 

I'm glad I'm not the only one mashing the auto-skip text bottom wishing it would work

• Like 1

Great event!

Should be a nice thing to get this one while playing the whole year. 

The card i got

Spoiler

1liXNUY.png

The challenges

Spoiler

B1 That you started but didnt finish

B2 With a female protagonist

B3 Featuring a romance or romance options

B4 Redeemed from PS+

B5 Strategy, simulation or management

I1 Play as an antihero or bad guy 

I2 Anthropomorphized animals 

I3 Recommended by PSNP member

I4 That takes forever to beat

I5 Sci-Fi or fantasy Themes

N1 With online features

N2 Racing or sports

N3 Player's choice

N4 Peripheral-based

N5 Ultra-rare platinum

G1 In a series new to you

G2 Last game acquired 

G3 Retro rerelease (originally on a console without trophies)

G4 That everyone has played but me

G5 Platform exclusive

O1 Oldest in your backlog

O2 Adventure 

O3 With player choices or multiple endings

O4 Starts with the first letter in your PSNP

O5 Arcade, Rhythm or puzzle 

Edited by ghostly-legend
  • Like 1

Got two squares done!

nhadz6W.png

The first square was for "That gives you the feels". I was originally going to do Heavy Rain for this one, but I found Life is Strange: Before the Storm to be unexpectedly emotional. The only issue I now have with the series is that I think it would have been much more powerful to have Before the Storm actually be the first game in the series and not a prequel. Chloe is a much more dynamic main character than Max was. I also felt like the original game was relying too much on the feeling of the player being dropped in the middle of a story whereas Before the Storm actually does a decent job of setting up the motivations and giving depth to the characters. 

The second square was for "By an independent developer". Although I could have put Dear Esther in a few squares, I decided to knock this one out right away. I didn't hate the game, but I do question the reliability of the developers in their commentary. Was this game really that big of a disrupter for video games? If it was then I wasn't aware. Apparently, the game started out as a mod? I felt the story was hidden under the annoying "old-timey" language that the character used and it really took away from it. I also thought the island was pretty boring without much to explore. Out of all the walking simulators I played, this doesn't hit my top lists, although it was, at least, not painfully slow. 

My next square will probably be Hue for Metrovania since I plan to get that done for another event. 

• Like 4