Bingo Bonanza 2020

Another Update:

N3- Player's Choice- Dark Cloud

Always wanted to play this, had a demo version that came with my PS2, but never managed to get hold of the full game for some reason, finally picked it up for quite cheap during a recent PSN sale :)

Spoiler

B1- In a Series New to You- Jak & Daxter: The Precurser Legacy 

B2- Originally Released in 2019- Kingdom Hearts 3

B3- That You've been Meaning to Get to- Crash Bandicoot 2: Cortex Strikes Back 

B4- Metroidvania or Rogue-like- One More Dungeon

B5- That You Can Beat in One Sitting

I1- That Takes "Forever" to Beat"

I2- By An independent Developer

I3- Anthropomorphized Animals- Crash Bandicoot: Warped

I4- Reboot or Spiritual Successor

I5- Developed in a Foreign Country- Jak 3

N1- Sci-Fi or Fantasy Themes- Child of Light

N2- Redeemed from PS Plus- Grim Fandango Remastered

N3- Player's Choice- Dark Cloud

N4- Award- Winning- Red Dead Redemption 2

N5- That Gives you the Feels

G1- With Player Operated Vehicles- Jak X; Combat Racing

G2- With player Choices or Multiple Endings

G3- Recommended by a PSNP Member

G4- With Online Features

G5- With Gorgeous Vista's

O1- Ultra Rare Platinum

O2- Last Game You Acquired

O3- Platform Exclusive

O4- Featuring a Romance, or Romance Options- Valkyria Chronicles

O5- Adventure- Jak 2

Spoiler

93fT7SG.jpg

B1 (Series new to you): Strike Solitaire (NA Vita)

B2 (Historical fiction or mythology(: 12 Labours of Hercules VII: Fleecing the Fleece (Steam)

B3 (Anthropomorphized animals): Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (PS4)

I5 (Can beat in one sitting): Doodle Devil (NA Vita)

N2 (With player choices or multiple endings): Ys Origin (PS4)

N4 (With a # or punctuation mark in the title): Fill-a-Pix: Phil's Epic Adventure (NA Vita)

G2 (Recommended by a PSNP member): Mary Skelter: Nightmares

O3 (Adventure): Ys Seven (Steam)

Finished up another square.  Been playing some stuff that doesn't really fit in any squares except maybe favorite genre and player's choice, but I'm saving those for now.  I picked Mary Skelter Nightmares because the fact that I even ended up buying the game was because someone reviewed it in one of the previous Kill your Completion threads, I think it was Kevik who played and reviewed it in the KYC 8 thread.  It was a game I'd heard about but was on the fence about because I knew little about it, that review helped me to decide it was something I'd enjoy and I did enjoy it.

I wanted to change the game I was going to put in "Released in 2019" to Peasant Knight since I got the plat for that already, but the trophy tracker site says it was released in 1970. Huh? I wasn't even BORN back then! I doubt the video game scene back then was Atari 2600. xD

Is it all right if I use this?

Edited by SuperSmash5U

13 hours ago, SuperSmash5U said:

I wanted to change the game I was going to put in "Released in 2019" to Peasant Knight since I got the plat for that already, but the trophy tracker site says it was released in 1970. Huh? I wasn't even BORN back then! I doubt the video game scene back then was Atari 2600. xD

Is it all right if I use this?

Yea that is fine.

Okay then, and if someone knows who puts the info down on the games and direct them to a proper date for Peasant Knight, that would be great. Not pointing it out, just a little "nudge nudge wink wink uh, 1970 didn't have PS4" to remind them they dun Goofed. :D I don't want more people to get confused.

Anyways...

checkoff10b.png

Bingo Baby! Actually, two BINGOs. First off, N3 - I put LEGO Jurassic World there as I bought the physical copy three months ago but stopped playing it after getting the first five story levels completed because I was bored of it. But I eventually came back and completed the platinum. I have platted this game so many times it's disgusting but I did enjoy the whole re-enactment of the Jurassic Park series considering I had only seen the live Jurassic World in theaters. And the Indominus was NOT white in the actual movie, that's just a dumb LEGO gimmick. Go watch the real movie, see for yourself. :P

Then I platted Peasant Knight, a frustrating variant of Super Mario Run. You have to stop the knight from running into traps and jump over sawblades and orcs. Luckily, you only have to reach the second boss to get all of the trophies as the miscellaneous trophies come naturally as you die many many times. Thinks 36 Fragments of Midnight only you can't control Midnight and there are portals and platforms that slide under you. The last level I had to do involved reversing your direction and doing precise jumps on moving platforms. Oh, and you die if you take too long. G2 was going to be Kingdom Hearts 3, but having just broken 75% TC on that, I can assure you the last trophies will take forever to get so I decided to make that game Platinum #50.

Edited by SuperSmash5U
  • Like 2

Update: Finished up another one, Cosmic Star Heroine is pure nostalgia ? 

Screenshot-20190321-143431.png

B1: For Another PSNP event (eigen-space's event: 10 Things i Hate About Games - Ultra Rare Platinum Category): Mortal Kombat X :platinum:+1f4af.png

B2: That You Can Beat in One Sitting: One Eyed Kutkh 1f4af.png

I3: With Gorgeous Vistas: Gravity Rush 2  :platinum:+ 1f4af.png

N1: One word title: Onrush :platinum:

N5: Arcade, Rhythm or Puzzle: Grim Fandango Remastered :platinum:

G2: With a Female Protagonist: Cosmic Star Heroine :platinum:

G3: That "everyone" but you has played: Call of Duty Modern Warfare Remastered :platinum:

G5: Developed in a Foreign Country: Tales of Zestiria :platinum:+1f4af.png

O1: With Mystery or Detective Themes: Murdered: Soul Suspect :platinum:

• Like 1

YGrZita.png

New game added to the list :) I've completed the story mode of Monster Hunter World after ~ 75 hours but i still lack quite a lot of progress towards the :platinum: ... it's a good game, i enjoy it but i still have a lot to learn... there are hundreds of weapons, armors and skills to combine and many things rely on luck getting materials... i was running towards a little basin in one hub area to catch a very rare fish but it didn't appear so far... that's the only negative aspect about the trophy list: it's luck depended mainly :(

Well either way my next planned entry will be for the Reboot category so maybe i'll get a Bingo even this month i am not sure but i'll let you know :P

Oh and i am happy i found a title for Originally Released in 2019: i didn't want to spent much money on a new AAA title so i was looking for an indie game instead and the only one i found so far is Nubla 2 but since it's on discount currently i bought it instantly :D (~ 6 instead of 10 £ )

Edited by Evil_Joker88

On 3/12/2019 at 9:05 AM, ArtikSkarab said:
Spoiler

bB7ytyW.png

• B2: Broken Age :platinum:
  • B4: Asura's Wrath  (Act 4 DLC)
  • I5: Pix-A-Pix Pieces :platinum: (Released Jan 8 2019)
  • N5: Yakuza 0 ✅ (Main Story Cleared - There are 26 different minigames)
  • O1: Master Reboot :platinum: (Developper is a Welsh Team)
  • O2: Foul Play :platinum: (Co-op Game)
  • O3: Remember Me :platinum:
  • O5: Skylanders: Imaginators :platinum: (Game bought Dec 28 2018)

New square cleared:

• G2: LA Noire (PS4) :platinum: (Open-World games)
Edited by ArtikSkarab

I got the platinum for Naruto: Ninja Storm 1, which I plan on using for "With a # or punctuation mark. Colon (in the title) for the win!!! The game was pretty decent for a first entry. I liked how you could traverse the leaf village, but it got old after a while! :P These games are fun, but somehow, I always get my ass kicked the first match against an AI and then just destroy them the second match. Not sure if it's because I just figure out what they are going to do or if it's because I finally get my ultimate ninjutsu to land! xD Anyways, that marks off B3 which brings me closer to a Bingo. Not sure what I'll do next. Probably beat Kingdom Hearts 3 though the harder part will be deciding what to do with it on the Bingo board.

LxR0tKz.png

• Like 1

Long overdue update, haven't really been focusing my efforts on the games I picked out for the squares but just finished another one.

G8eZbAt.png

G1: Dark Souls Remastered finished

FINISHED SQUARES:

Spoiler

B1: Hitman: March 11th 2016

B3: Spyro the Dragon: Bought it back around release but never played it until a few weeks ago.

B5: Resident Evil 2

I1: Far Cry New Dawn

I2: Master Reboot

I3: Spyro 2: Ripto's Rage

N3: Spyro 3: Year of the Dragon: I use my Player's Choice as 'An Easy to Platinum Game'

N4: XBlaze Lost: Memories

G1: Dark Souls Remastered

G2: Sly 2: Band of Thieves

G3: God of War 2018

G4: Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus

O1: Creed: Rose to Glory

O3: Kingdom Hearts 3

O4: Just in Time Incorporated

CURRENT PLANS:

Spoiler

B2: Slain: Back From Hell

B4: Not sure yet

I4: Kingdom Come Deliverance

I5: Monster Jam Battlegrounds

N1: Far Cry 3 (Recommended by Voodoo_Eyes (don't want to tag him so he doesn't keep getting notified every update)

N2: Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep

N5: Nioh

G1: Dark Souls Remastered

G5: Skyrim

O2: Kingdom Hearts

O5: Not sure yet

Posting my March update now because I won't be getting through any more games this month.

Finished up B1 (with a # or punctuation mark in the title) by using Pic-a-Pix Color. I really like sudoku and picross but I wasn't a fan of this game. Yeah, it's a super easy platinum because you can just use a guide, but I was looking forward to this as a wind down game before bed. Unfortunately I had like 0 ounces of fun with this. 

Crossed off I3 (romance or romance options) with Bad Apple Wars. I'm into Otome games and this one was alright. I was only really into 2 routes with another one being okay. The other 2 I didn't like at all. I know these games normally have a lot of overlap between paths but this game took that to a whole different level. There is so many things that happen similarly between routes that you can't skip because the dialog is different by a sentence. I did enjoy the game though.

Also finished I4 (started but didn't finish) with My Hero: One's Justice. I'm a big fan of My Hero Academia and bought this when it came out but put it down for other games. I suck at fighting games but I had a lot of fun with this and for a fighting game the platinum was pretty easy in my opinion. It had needless grinding which was the most annoying part, but yeah I enjoyed this game. Sad that it's basically abandoned though. 

The next game I want to work on is Lego Dimensions. Don't know when I'll get a Bingo as I'm not really going for one right now. I'm just playing what I feel like playing at the time.

9oHGr1z.png

Spoiler

B1 With #/Punctuation - Pic-a-Pix Color

B2 Ultra Rare Platinum - Wasteland 2

B3 Retro Rerelease - Shenmue 1

B4 Favorite Genre - Persona 4 Golden (JRPG)

B5 In a Series New to you - Uncharted 1 (Never played any of the Uncharted games but have been meaning to)

I1 Play as an Antihero/Bad Guy - Infamous

I2 You Think You'll Dislike - Yooka Laylee (I'm not a fan of Banjo-Kazooie but I bought this to play with my Fiance)

I3 Romance/Romance Options - Bad Apple Wars

I4 Started but Didn't Finish - My Hero Ones Justice

I5 Been Meaning to get to - Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories

N1 Anthro Animals - Stories: Path of Destinies

N2 Strategy/Simulation/Management - Tropico 5

N3 Players Choice - Final Fantasy X

N4 One Word Title - Knack

N5 Historical Fiction/Mythology - Okami HD

G1 Cult Favorite - Shenmue 2

G2 Mystery/Detective Themes - Enigmatis: Ghost of Maple Creek

G3 Isometric View - Donut County

G4 Based on Non-Gaming IP - Lego Dimensions

G5 Can Beat in one Sitting - Doodle Devil

O1 For Another PSNP Event - TBD

O2 Oldest in Backlog - The Sims 3 (That I plan on going back to)

O3 Sci-Fi Fantasy - Ratchet and Clank 3

O4 Arcade/Rhythm/Puzzle - Persona 3 Dancing Moon Night

O5 Online Features - Grand Theft Auto 5

• Like 1

LAL9L7L.png

I finished the campaign for Freedom Wars. I didn't know that the Chapter 8 was a post-game chapter and the final boss was the guy I had some trouble defeating at the end of Chapter 7. I saw the credits roll, so the story is done. (Fits Platform Exclusive for being a Vita exclusive).

Here's my weekly update:

9rrCXrD.png

This week I finally finished Bioshock Infinite, which I had in my backlog for too long. I love the Bioshock series and this game is amazing, and that ending...

Got time to complete Here They Lie, Another World, "Papers, Please" and "Syberia". This last one, has suspected, I really disliked.

Now I'm working on Horizon Zero Dawn (amazing game, until now) and Rime.

Here's the list of the games I completed and the games I intend to play for the requirements:

Spoiler

B1 - featuring a romance or romance options – Steins;Gate

B2- dlc pack or standalone dlc – inFamous First Light

B3- platform exclusive – Uncharted: Golden Abyss

B4- Antropomorphized animals – Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time

B5- You think you will dislike – Syberia

I1- by an indie developer - Child of Light

I2- with mystery or detective themes- Broken Sword: The Serpent’s Curse: Episode 2

I3- with a punctuation mark in the title – Papers , please

I4- Last game you acquired – Horizon Zero Dawn

I5- Play as an antihero or bad guy – GTA V

N1- that you've been meaning to get to – Assassin’s Creed IV: Black Flag

N2- that gives you the feels – Kingdom Hearts II

N3- player's choice

N4- Award-winning – Red Dead Redemption 2

N5- Cult favorite- Shadow of the Colossus

G1- developed in a foreign country – Assassin’s Creed III

G2- adventure – Assassin’s Creed: Revelations

G3- starts with the first letter in your psnid – Mad Max

G4- That you can beat in one sitting – Dogchild

G5- Recommended by a psnp member -

O1- peripheral-based – Here They Lie

O2- one word title - RiME

O3- favorite genre – Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep

O4- Redeemed from ps plus – Another World

O5- With gorgeous vistas – Bioshock Infinite

Wow, long overdue for an update so here we go....

Ca8zj3C.png

New Additions

B4 - Anthropomorphized Animals - Cat Quest :platinum: - this action/RPG features, as its hero, a cat.  In fact, all the characters in this world are cats who walk, talk and otherwise act like typical RPG characters

I1 - Cult Favorite - Dragon Quest XI: Echoes of an Elusive Age :platinum: - in North America, I've found the Dragon Quest series to be a truly cult classic series.  It's never gotten the attention that Final Fantasy receives, even the Tales series seems to get more attention.  I think the Dragon Quest series is the superior series but as I'm probably in the minority, that just, to me, justifies its cult status.

I2 - With a # or Punctuation Mark in the Title - htoL#NiQ: The Firefly Diary :platinum: - just look at that colon, sticking out like it owns the place and totally distracting from the hashtag

I3 - Sci-Fi or Fantasy Themes - Monster Monpiece :platinum: - fantasy takes on two meanings in this game where girls fight battles with monsters on cards - of course, the monsters are girls who get scantily clad as you level up the cards for some truly juvenile fan service

N3 - Player's Choice - Old Man's Journey :platinum: - an interesting little puzzle title with more effective story telling in a few cut scenes than many AAA titles carry in the whole game.  I gladly choose this one for my elective.

N5 - That You've Been Meaning To Get To - The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim :platinum: - I've had this on my shelf for years and never got around to starting it, despite going through Oblivion several times - finally done the main story but still have some DLC to play through - absolutely loved it, bugs and all (though I really didn't encounter many)

G2 - With Player Choices or Multiple Endings - The Bard's Tale :platinum: - I thought about making this my retro title but figured I'd knock this one out of the way.  Not a lot of path choices until the end with at least two endings based on what you decide in the final tower (I didn't try the third where you choose to ignore both sides and head to the bar) 

Previous Squares

Spoiler

B1 - With a Female Protagonist - Forgotton Anne :platinum: - thought about using this for Anthropomorphized Animals except that animals are the only thing not anthropomorphized in this game.  Lamps, guns, mannequins, shoes, you name it but no animals so I gave it a pass on that and used the simpler one to justify. Really liked this game.

B3 - DLC Pack or Standalone DLC - Rocket League DLC Trophy Pack 4 - wanted to finish one of these for the 10 Things I Hate event so I knocked this one off

B5 - Redeemed from PS Plus - Master Reboot :platinum: - redeemed from PS+ Oct 2018 - again, could have gone into multiple blocks but I decided on this one

I4 - With Mystery of Detective Themes - The Invisible Hours :platinum: - a neat little murder mystery game where you can follow a detective around or the suspects depending how you use your time - more interactive theater than a game but I really liked it

I5 - Released the Year You Joined PSNP - Q.U.B.E.: Director's Cut - fun little puzzle game with came onto PSNP about a week and a half before I did in 2015 (July 21 to my August 7)

N2 - That You Can Beat in One Sitting - Burly Men At Sea :platinum: - my records say it took me 6 hrs to beat it but only because I had to go to work - don't think there was 2 hrs of game time and it could have been beat in one sitting easily if I had started it at a different time of day

N4 - Ultra Rare Platinum - Tokyo Twilight Ghost Hunters Daybreak: Special Gigs :platinum: - half the trophies for this game are UR including a plat at (with my completion) just over 1%

N4 - With Minigames In It - Ratchet & Clank: A Crack in Time :platinum: - thought about this for a few blocks and since I generally can't stand Minigames, I'll use it here with its in-game old school arcade game "My Blaster Runs Hot" - thought about Oldest in my Backlog but I'll try to finish the story on LBP to get that

G3 - Featuring Romance or Romance Options - Gone Home - while it might seem a stretch, the voice logs for the documents build a great story about a young woman discovering her sexuality and an unexpected relationship - could have finished this in one sitting (and practically did) also but was worth listening to the story for a really well constructed tale that could easily be missed by rushing.  I actually collected them all again after completing the game 100% to listen to them in order and absorb the whole story that way. Really worth the time to enjoy.

O3 - With Online Features - Hidden Agenda :platinum: - the playlink feature is kind of neat and doing the competitive run through with my son was fun - no controller use, you use your phone/tablet on your home network to interact with the game and choose your path through multiple endings

O5 - Last Game you Acquired - Wheels of Aurelia :platinum: - picked this up on 30 Dec 18 for a couple bucks and held off grabbing the PS+ games for January until I knocked it off

Three lines completed so far, one of each horizontal, vertical and diagonal.  I wonder if I should have taken a second card for later in the year once I knock this one off.  A lot of good games getting played for this event though and that's what it's all about.

• Like 2

checkoff10c.png

Decided to go with Dragon Quest Builders for O5 because it's a Terraria/Minecraft crossover with the original Dragon Quest so it would fit until all three: Building up towns strategically, building simulation and time management for the speed challenges. That leaves the entire O Row almost BINGO, just need O3.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Kevvik said:

Three lines completed so far, one of each horizontal, vertical and diagonal.  I wonder if I should have taken a second card for later in the year once I knock this one off.  A lot of good games getting played for this event though and that's what it's all about.

WHOA! Huge update. Nice work. No worries about the second card. If you want a second one, you can generate it when you're done or, as we did for DoctorDr, we can get you a card with categories you didn't have already.

3 hours ago, Shadowlord87 said:

Anyone have any recommendations for me (for the Recommended by a PSNP member square)?

I'm in to most genre's, feel free to have a look through my profile, see if there's anything you think I might enjoy.

Didn't see anything like it after a quick glance at your profile, but I thought I'd offer a recommendation for a genre which is often overlooked: simulation/management/building games. I'd recommend Aven Colony as it is fairly quick to plat for this type of game, isn't too difficult for someone new to the genre, and it offers a story mode which most don't.

JYUiPpi.png

Another Bingo done by filling out the "for another psnp event" slot. Finished and platted X-Blades during the KYC 9 event. Not really a good game thougj. It looks dated the combat is stiff and boring.

Spoiler

B1 Hitman

B2 Arc The Lad

B3 Assassin's Creed: Origins

B5 This War of Mine

I1 Syberia 3

I2 Outcast: Second Contact

I3 FullBlast

I5 One Piece: Unlimited World Red

N1 X-Blades

N2 Fate/Extella: The Umbral Star

N3 Get Even

N5 Strange Brigade

G1 Crossing Souls

G3 Ghost Recon Wildlands

G4 Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare

G5 Tales of Berseria

O1 Yomawari: Night Alone

O3 Mafia 3

O4 Fear Effect Sedna

• Like 1

On March 19, 2019 at 8:11 PM, ladynadiad said:
  Reveal hidden contents

93fT7SG.jpg

Finished up another square.  Been playing some stuff that doesn't really fit in any squares except maybe favorite genre and player's choice, but I'm saving those for now.  I picked Mary Skelter Nightmares because the fact that I even ended up buying the game was because someone reviewed it in one of the previous Kill your Completion threads, I think it was Kevik who played and reviewed it in the KYC 8 thread.  It was a game I'd heard about but was on the fence about because I knew little about it, that review helped me to decide it was something I'd enjoy and I did enjoy it.

While I'd love to take the credit for the recommendation, it wasn't me. I'm glad to hear you liked it though as I start it tomorrow for my last title of the current KYC ?

41 minutes ago, Kevvik said:

While I'd love to take the credit for the recommendation, it wasn't me. I'm glad to hear you liked it though as I start it tomorrow for my last title of the current KYC 1f600.png

Crap, I know it was KYC 8 that someone played it and liked it and that got me from on the fence about it to buying it.  Thought it was you since we tend to have similar tastes in games.   Must have been another regular to the thread then.  And yes, I do read the ones I'm not in, had even planned on being in 9 originally but I ended up having to move during that month so I'll probably join you guys for 10 instead that typically fell when I was having to move.

13 minutes ago, ladynadiad said:

Crap, I know it was KYC 8 that someone played it and liked it and that got me from on the fence about it to buying it.  Thought it was you since we tend to have similar tastes in games.   Must have been another regular to the thread then.  And yes, I do read the ones I'm not in, had even planned on being in 9 originally but I ended up having to move during that month so I'll probably join you guys for 10 instead that typically fell when I was having to move.

No worries.  We do have fairly similar tastes in games.  It's one of the reasons I picked up Revenant Saga on the last sale.  ?

I'm still hoping to do 10 but if I can find another job (wife wants to move closer to home as her parents are getting on in years), I might be moving then myself.  I figure if I do I'll have to come up with a completely Vita-centric list to be able to still participate while uprooting the house (Baba Yaga has it so easy in that respect).  Still a ways off though as the job hunting hasn't been successful yet.  Going to be up that way next week and I'll be dropping some CVs around.  Be nice if I at least got a call back on one.

MxZB3oi.png

New entry added just as i intended to complete my first BINGO :D I really like Ratchet & Clank for the PS4, running and gunning felt as good as Ratchet & Clank 2 which i played long time ago on my PS2... but i do agree that the relationship between the two heroes is too easy set up... they meet and Ratchet offers help to Clank repairing him and that's it, there best friends forever after this :D

I like your design of the Bingo Card so i took inspiration to make mine similar @fabiansc83 :)

Edited by Evil_Joker88
  • Like 2