Bingo Bonanza 2020

On 3/26/2019 at 9:28 PM, Kevvik said:

I think the Dragon Quest series is the superior series but as I'm probably in the minority, that just, to me, justifies its cult status.

No way, dood! I love the Dragon Quest series more than the Final Fantasy series too! Nice to see another DQ fan. ^_^ I just platinumed Dragon Quest Builders and am putting DQXI on my bucket list.

How is it going everyone? Hope you are all having a great month so far! ?

Here's my March update:

Spoiler

7mIYNLP.png

Completed tiles:

Spoiler

During this month, I checked two tiles. I finished and got the plat for UC: The Lost Legacy (a bit short, but an excellent game, one of the best in the series IMHO). Moreover, I got the chance to try CoD: MWR since it was one of the PS+ games for this month. I finished and got the plat for that one as well (didn't touch the MP, the campaign was pretty good).

For April, I plan to finish my first playthrough in Devil May Cry 5 (haven't decided for which tile I am going to use it) and hopefully start The Last of Us (but might finish it next month, dunno).

PS. I want to salute those who have made some incredible progress with competing multiple bingos so far. Tremendous work (especially considering that some have used some tough-to-complete games)! ?

Edited by Deadsh0tdoubleG
  • Like 1

Another Update: Yu-Gi-Oh! Legacy of the Duelist is completed for the: "With Online Features" Category.

Screenshot-20190328-142909.png

B1: For Another PSNP event (eigen-space's event: 10 Things i Hate About Games - Ultra Rare Platinum Category): Mortal Kombat X :platinum:+1f4af.png

B2: That You Can Beat in One Sitting: One Eyed Kutkh 1f4af.png

I3: With Gorgeous Vistas: Gravity Rush 2  :platinum:+ 1f4af.png

N1: One word title: Onrush :platinum:

N5: Arcade, Rhythm or Puzzle: Grim Fandango Remastered :platinum:

G2: With a Female Protagonist: Cosmic Star Heroine :platinum:

G3: That "everyone" but you has played: Call of Duty Modern Warfare Remastered :platinum:

G5: Developed in a Foreign Country: Tales of Zestiria :platinum:+1f4af.png

O1: With Mystery or Detective Themes: Murdered: Soul Suspect :platinum:

O5: With Online Features: Yu-Gi-Oh! Legacy of the Duelist 1f4af.png

@Evil_Joker88Thanks pal, your card looks amazing and good job with Monster Hunter World, that platinum takes forever indeed ?

Edited by fabiansc83
  • Like 1

My update for March:

T0kQDIh.png

B1: Metroidvania or Rogue-Like: Guacamelee STCE

B2: One Word Titel: Soma

I1: Featuring a Romance or Romance Options: Hatoful Boyfriend

I5: With Mystery or Detective Themes: Murdered: Soul Suspect

N1: With Minigames in it: Danganronpa Trigger Happy Havoc (Danganronpa 1-2 Reloaded) I got every trophy from the first game of the collection

N4: With Gorgeous Vistas: Marvel's Spider-Man

G1: For Another PSNP Event: Human Fall Flat (Monthly Madness)

G2: That you started but didn't finish: Randal's Monday

Another update, I got two games on the card.

checkoff11.png

First I filled up the lonely bottom row by adding Heroes Trials(which I purchased a few hours ago despite draining my bank account by buying an old GameCube and Nintendo DS for my personal Pokemon Quest(I still have $96 left in my account). With the help of a video guide I got this really EZPZ game completed in half an hour. Another game where completing the story is very optional because it's a cheap indie adventure game.

Then... Kingdom Hearts III for B1 because I'll fight anyone with bloody fingernails and my ruined mouth(which has three implants) if anyone says that Square-Enix was smart to make this game in Unreal Engine because Sora and his friends never looked better, and it made the Pixar properties very true to the movies. ;) Yes, I finally platinumed this game. Those two games graduated me from only one line having a trophy to BINGO to three so I will be getting Triple Bingo soon.

Edited by SuperSmash5U

On 12/29/2018 at 10:37 AM, Alternatewarning said:

Here's my card and my plans:

Reveal hidden contents

rwkvpv.png

(O2) Developed in A Foreign Country: Persona 5: Dancing in Starlight

(O3) Retro Release: Kingdom Hearts Re: Chain of Memories (Gameboy Advanced)

(O4) Platform Exclusive: NORN9 Var Commons (PS Vita, while other games in the series came out in the PSP, this one is only vita, at least it seems that way)

(O5) Award-winning: Final Fantasy X (Best Game Award from the Japan Game Awards 2001–2002)

(B3) That Gives You Feels: Danganronpa V3: Killing Harmony

(I3) In a series new to you: Psychedelica of The Black Butterfly

(N3) Player's Choice: TBD

(G3) One Word Title√LETTER

Double update here, finished one route on Root Letter and finished the Story Mode on Chain of Memories.  Roto Letter was nothing like what I expected but overall enjoying it so far.  Kingdom Hearts, well, I've gushed about that game enough

• Like 1

B1: With Player Choices or Multiple Endings- Chaos Child :platinum:

B2: With Gorgeous Vistas- Uncharted 2

B3: Sci-Fi or Fantasy Themes- FFXV

B4: Starts With The First Letter In Your PSNID- I Am Alive

B5: Hype!- Dishonored 2

I1: With Mystery or Detective Themes- Agatha Christie's The ABC Murders 1f4af.png

I2: Metroidvania or Rogue-like- Salt & Sanctuary

I3: Featuring a Romance or Romance Options- CollarXMalice

I4: Platform Exclusive- Horizon Zero Dawn

I5: Strategy, Simulation, or Management- Grand Kingdom

N1:With Isometric View- Fear Effect Sedna

N2: That "Everyone" But You Has Played- COD Black Ops 3

N3: Player's Choice- Transistor

N4: That You Started But Didn't Finish- The Order 1886 :platinum:

N5: Originally Released In 2019- Devil May Cry 5

G1: DLC Pack or Standalone DLC- The Witcher 3 Hearts of Stone/Blood & Wine

G2: For Another PSNP Event- Psychedelica of the Black Butterfly :platinum:

G3: With Minigames In It- Opting for Judgement/Project Judge

G4: Ultra Rare Platinum- Tales of Symphonia

G5: Favorite Genre (Horror)- Alien Isolation

O1: Last Game You Acquired- Night In The Woods

O2: Racing or Sports- Need For Speed 2015

O3: In a Series New To You- Shenmue 1

O4: Historical Fiction or Mythology- God of War 2

O5: That Give You The Feels- This War of Mine

Finished off B2 and N5. It was nice to finally finish Uncharted 2 after leaving it sitting for 2+ years lol and I so love DMC5!! It was fun to play and I'm glad Dante and company got some new life<3

First Update for card number 2.

Cv67YU3.jpg

New games in bold

B1 - Historical Fiction - The Invisible Hours (Nikola Tesla has been murdered and you gotta find out who did it. Sarah Bernhardt and Thomas Edison are there too.)
I4 - Player Choices and Multiple Endings - Call of Cthulhu (Game's got both. Pretty fun)
N2 - Redeemed from PS+ - Tales From The Borderlands (Gotta love that extra digital version list.)
N4 - Platform Exclusive - Hidden Agenda (Supermassive made another Until Dawn but you have to use your phone to play it. Not bad for the $5 I paid for it. Thanks Wal-Mart)
G1 - Takes "Forever" to Beat - Tom Clancy's The Division 2 (Took about 80 hours of game play, thanks to some glitches)
G2 - Female protagonist - Queen's Quest 2 (First Artifex Mundi game i've ever played. Not a fan. Really only played it for the Q in my platinum alphabet.)
G4 - Recommended by a PSNP member - Zero Time Dilemma (Recommended to me a while ago as a good Z for my platinum alphabet.)
O2 - Arcade, Rhythm, or Puzzle - One Word by POWGI  (My first powgi game. Kina of a little fun puzzle. I may do more. I like puzzle games.)
O3 - Indy Developer - Daggerhood (Real fun platformer. I kept playing more after the platinum.)
O5 - Adventure - Yesterday Origins (So I bought something else on ebay and it came with the LRG copy of this too, so I thought i'd try it out. Standard point and click adventure game but just kinda boring and glitchy. I never would have played this if it wasn't technically free.)

Edited by DoctorDrPepper
  • Like 1

Here's my update and my progress during March:

• For another PSNP event The Little Acre - Event: 10 Things I Hate About Games;
  • Redeemed from PS Plus Fallen Legion: Flames of Rebellion;
  • That You’ve Been Meaning to Get to  - Stick it to the Man;
  • With a # Or a Punctuation Mark in the Title - South Park: Fractured But Whole;
  • Peripheral-Based - Hidden Agenda;
  • With a Female Protagonist - Shadwen;
  • Developed in a Foreign Country - Crossings Souls;
  • With Player Choices or Multiple Endings - 2064: Read Only Memories;
  • By an Independent Developer - Broken Age;

33634757648_4f9af9c99b_z.jpg

It was very productive month, 5 new games added to my completion list. I'm just playing games and after I see where I can fit them, I'm not playing with any intention to complete this over another at the moment, so that's why is very random.

On 3/27/2019 at 5:55 PM, XX_FTW said:

Didn't see anything like it after a quick glance at your profile, but I thought I'd offer a recommendation for a genre which is often overlooked: simulation/management/building games. I'd recommend Aven Colony as it is fairly quick to plat for this type of game, isn't too difficult for someone new to the genre, and it offers a story mode which most don't.

Going to go with this one, picked it up on the PSN today, currently on sale for £6.49 :)

• Like 2

For the record, I have decided that the slot "Last Game You Acquired" will refer to the last game I acquired before I either complete the event or the event ends if I cannot complete the event on New Year's Eve, which is probably not going to happen as I almost have triple bingo. The only games which may not make it are the "Ultra Rare Platinum"(I have Dark Cloud 2 for that and that's not a short game) and "Released the Year You Joined PSNP."

Let me explain the latter: I joined PSNP long before I created my recent account, so I decided to plat a game that came out in 2009,  which is when I registerd my first account, PrinnyBoy0384, to this site. Sadly, the PS4 was just a twinkle in Sony's eye at that time so all the games are either PS3 or PSVita and most of them are crap. I could trump out and do Hannah Montana but I can't find it on the PSN Store. I DO have Mini Ninjas, which I had to buy because the retro store I bought my used PS3 from doesn't have a great variety of games and I had to return the game I chose(LEGO Lord of the Rings) because there is a trophy requiring co-op play and I didn't think to buy a second PS3 controller. :(

However, I don't know whether Mini Ninjas is good or easy so I'm waffling on it.

My March update:

O3 - Redeemed from PS Plus - Call of Duty Modern Warfare Remastered.

wDYfvaf.jpg

I'm really slow this month again and I'm starting to falling behind, partly my work to blame, partly the Idle Champions of Forgotten Realms taking all my console time, so I only completed one game this month.

Next month I will surely have:

B3 - That Takes "Forever" to Beat with the aforementioned Idle Champions of Forgotten Realms (my console spent at least a thousand hours running this since December 30th last year)

And I'm set on getting.

N1 - One word title with GRIP (if the loading times don't drive me to insanity)

B2- With online features with Battlefield V, completing my first line.

If I have the time, I will try to get O5 - Anthropomorphized Animals with Moss if the weather cooperates with me (no way I'm using a PSVR with a 35°C temperature in my room) and maybe a Metroidvania or Valiant Hearts for my Historical Fiction slot. 

8 hours ago, SuperSmash5U said:

For the record, I have decided that the slot "Last Game You Acquired" will refer to the last game I acquired before I either complete the event or the event ends if I cannot complete the event on New Year's Eve, which is probably not going to happen as I almost have triple bingo. The only games which may not make it are the "Ultra Rare Platinum"(I have Dark Cloud 2 for that and that's not a short game) and "Released the Year You Joined PSNP."

Let me explain the latter: I joined PSNP long before I created my recent account, so I decided to plat a game that came out in 2009,  which is when I registerd my first account, PrinnyBoy0384, to this site. Sadly, the PS4 was just a twinkle in Sony's eye at that time so all the games are either PS3 or PSVita and most of them are crap. I could trump out and do Hannah Montana but I can't find it on the PSN Store. I DO have Mini Ninjas, which I had to buy because the retro store I bought my used PS3 from doesn't have a great variety of games and I had to return the game I chose(LEGO Lord of the Rings) because there is a trophy requiring co-op play and I didn't think to buy a second PS3 controller. :(

However, I don't know whether Mini Ninjas is good or easy so I'm waffling on it.

I enjoy the thought you’re putting into this. It’s cool to see how you interpret the challenges. Regarding the account date, go with whichever account ends up working for you. I have no insight to offer on Mini Ninjas unfortunately but may I suggest the Vita as a second controller for LEGO? Idk if it will work but maybe...

3 hours ago, XX_FTW said:

I enjoy the thought you’re putting into this. It’s cool to see how you interpret the challenges. Regarding the account date, go with whichever account ends up working for you. I have no insight to offer on Mini Ninjas unfortunately but may I suggest the Vita as a second controller for LEGO? Idk if it will work but maybe...

Okay thanks. If I do change my mind I will let you know.

Hey everyone, here are my updates,

Got Burly Men at Sea done, fulfilling the "Can Be Beaten in one Sitting" square. It was a cute little game - very stylish -  but repetitive by the end. Not sure if I would buy this game, it is more fitting in a bundle or as I got it, via PS+.   

More recently played SOMA, from the creators of Penumbra and Amnesia. Really interesting setting, lore and characters. The game play is the same as its predecessors, in first person, with object puzzles, interactive objects and monsters from which your only recourse is to hide. The gameplay, although the same as previous titles, felt right in the context of the story. Shooting or fighting back would be detrimental to the atmosphere and the character background. The themes are interesting and not much explored by games, I feel like. I just wish they would go deeper in their philosophical musings instead of several topics just briefly being touched upon. The ending, though, was poingnant - a veritable punch to the guts and I LOVED IT. Thank you, Frictional, for the experience. 

J2A9t1I.png

• Like 1

22 hours ago, SuperSmash5U said:

I quite liked Mini Ninja's tbh. There was a level I found a bit annoying, but otherwise its enjoyable enough.

• Like 1

03jIXfU.png

Completed two more games that fits a category each... first Journey which has a One Word Title and was a relaxing adventure through a desert, a snowy mountain and other landscapes... although i think there's not much of a story i understand it is enough so i'll use it here :D  .. this was the second time i obtained the trophies and i enjoyed it much more... this could fit Gorgeous Vistas too :)

The other new entry is Nubla 2... i bought this because it was released early this year but honestly this game is a huge improvement compared to the first one... the visuals are the same but this game has some more content and not very easy puzzles - ok there not hard either but harder than those of the first Nubla :P ... the story is weird though and sometimes it was good that i had to play some parts again because i made a mistake (like dying) so i read some explanations more than once but still don't understand it 100% :D ... but Nubla will return! And hopefully explain itself next time ?

Mh... looks like i should play RDR soon to get my next Bingo :D

Edited by Evil_Joker88
  • Like 1

Haven't updated in a while. Added another five games to the card.

6mWenw4.png

New games:
B4 - Phantom Breaker: Battle Grounds. There's three co-op trophies on the trophy list and I have all three (plus other MP ones) and I have finished the game by getting Escape From the Demonsphere.

N1 - Jump Force. Pretty obvious choice with all the Shonen Jump characters and the whole fusion of Earth with the various Jump worlds.

N3 - Tetris Effect. Didn't feel right checking off O3 without actually getting the platinum, and couldn't really find anywhere else to put this. So it goes here.

O1 - Reverie. PSN store page says that the story of Reverie is based on the Maori legend of Maui and the Giant Fish, which fits this category.

O4 - Senran Kagura Burst Re:Newal. Pretty obvious.

Previous update:
N2 - 428: Shibuya Scramble
G2 - Yakuza Kiwami 2

• Like 1

On 3/18/2019 at 9:46 PM, Champ147 said:

ZrcjeYO.gif

B1 - Far Cry 3 Classic

B4 - Gravity Rush Remastered

B5 - Sky Force Anniversary

I4 - Strider

G2 - Dragon Quest Heroes: The World's Tree Woe and the Blight Below 

G3 - Sega Genesis Classics 

G4 - Resogun 

O5 - 2064: Read Only Memories 

NEW

N1 - Crash Bandicoot 3: Warped

I would like to announce that I made a 

8PifkZ5.gif

My card now:

cYhcg5h.jpg

I complete the line, I used Idle Champions of the Forgotten Realms to complete B3 - That Takes "Forever" to beat that took me besides about 50 hours of gameplay, every single moment that I was awake and not playing another thing on my PS4 for 3 months, in the 3rd of this month.

I also completed the campaign of Battlefield V just now. As the game is mainly a multiplayer game, I saw it fit for filling B2 - With Online Features

In other news, I also completed yesterday my C3 - Player's Choice with Pic-a-Pix Pieces, because why not?

Edited by ElBolovo
Used a out of date card making this update. I need to sleep.
  • Like 4

May have to change my entry for the "Takes Forever to Beat" slot after dealing with one stupid grind that forced me to buy microtransactions. So I just spent about $12 on stuff for a game I am going to delete soon anyways because I need these microtransactions to speed up the grind to get the final trophy of a game. I was going to put Ni no Kuni on there but this game I mentioned takes the cake for stupid ludicrous post-game content. ?

Finally getting in an update...

checkoff12.png

For B2, I put Dragon Sinker. Ni no Kuni WAS going to be here but then I ran into my last trophy...

31Lc1e052.png ENAH'S F'KING PAL :shakefist:

You just have to kill ten Enahs which get summoned by the boss. Easy, right? Nope. The pentacle is invincible and summons a stronger Enah the turn after you kill the last one and they start getting bullcrap attacks that can inflict all sorts of status effects and hit like a truck.

I would have enjoyed NOT having to spend $15 on stupid DLC to make things easier. I managed to get through every trophy without the additional microtransactions... but then the Infinity Pentacle made me its you-know-what with his little demon girls. The first try I got slaughter by Enah Lv.3. Then I started grinding up crystals and fragments, got the Hell Blade from the DRP lottery to boost Prince Abram to 1000+ attack... and I managed to get Enah Lv.7 before she whipped me good. :(

But the third time I finally got the trophy...

Spoiler

I had to pay for microtransactions to boost my Job Points by x2 and x3 to get everyone in my team to master all of their classes and then did the thief route nd robbed Deitius(the last boss of the Divine Temple - the Infinity Pentacle is optional) for Dream Fragments and Large Crystals to exchange for Dream Fragments. So... after a ton of crystal trade, I finally got Abram to 1500+ attack... and then I realized that the Villager Class at max level has a nifty little ability called Save me, hero! It boosts your team leader to max stats at the cost of being hit with a bad status that halves her max HP. I kept using the healing item to remove that status so she could keep refreshing that skill on Abram and it made him do over 60000 damage in one hit, so with his Rapid Edge move, he did over 1.2 million, which is enough to one-shot each Enah as it appeared. If you want this trophy, prepare to pay $15 for the Encounter Scroll, Boost Scroll and Job Scroll or you'll be spending a week-long 24/7 marathon grinding job points. The Encounter Scroll lets you set encounters to once each step so you can get job points really fast. And everyone wonders why the invisible random encounter system was banned in JRPGs after 2012... :|

I love this game, I do.

I didn't have any trouble with the rest of the trophies, but forcing you to grind so you can beat the ultimate superboss was insane. They should have made the DRP drops more lucrative. Also, lotteries in video games suck all sorts of bad manure. :pimp: That's why this game won the "Takes forever to beat" trophy, because if you don't pay to win, you end up grinding for moons to get enough power to survive ten rounds against this unbeatable boss. Surprisingly I managed to survive several turns on the 11th Enah before she wiped me, even when I swapped to my trash teams.

So now I have four rows which can be a Triple Bingo.

Edited by SuperSmash5U

wk9TGpR.png

Another title added as i recently completed 9 Hours, 9 Persons, 9 Doors as part of the Zero Escape The Nonary Games :)  i got all trophies that's why i mark it as completed... N4 mystery or detective...

I did like it but it really was easier than the following up game VLR which i started by now again. The puzzles in 999 were easier solved, there weren't that many different paths or choices and the graphics/animations are better in VLR so think it doesn't feel right that i played VLR before 999 :( ...

• Like 1