Bingo Bonanza 2020

I’ve run out of likes I can give today but I’m glad you guys are all joining in on the fun. Hope the bingo gods haven’t visited their wrath on any of you. Oh, which reminds me I haven’t generated mine yet, which I will do now.

There were a few comments about the peripherals challenge (I knew that one would be a hit ?) and peripheral can be defined as broadly as your cellphone for Playlink or Karaoke Games, or specifically as Wonderbook or PSVR. Maybe the one person to buy Starlink on PS4 will be from this bingo hall.

5 hours ago, DoctorDrPepper said:

Also what exactly does the "Hype!" category entail?

Now that’s up to your interpretation. I know it’s one of the more vague categories but that’s by design ?. It’ll be fun seeing how you guys fulfills the challenges.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, ElBolovo said:

Could have been better, could have been worse. I will need to think a little about some of the choices.

Tplb4yX.png

Here is my game plan. If anyone want to call bullshit in any of my choices, I'm all ears. I'm asking for suggestions in the bold letters itens and any reply will be greatly appreciated.

B1 - That "Everybody" but you has played | I will Go with Far Cry 5. I think 92583 game owners is enough to consider "everybody"

B2- With Online Features | Battlefield V I mean, I didn't complete the single player nor did I still have some things to do in the multiplayer

B3- That takes "Forever" to Beat | I don't know the definition of "takes forever", but I have a good word that Sunless Sea that I'm yet to start takes really long. 

B4- For another PSNP Event | I will need to do some research and update. If anyone have some suggestions, I will accept it.

B5- Originally Released in 2019 | My Ace Combat 7 pre-order will be really helpful on this one

I1- Oldest in your Backlog | My oldest that I had a minimum intention of returning is Tales of Symphonia, I never believed that I would return to it, but now I will 

I2- Cult Favorite | I'm thinking in doing Psychonaults, but maybe I will need to do it in Retro Rerelease

I3- That Gives you the Feels | Life is Strange: Before the Storm. The first one made me have then feelz, I reason to doubt that this one will not.

I4- That you've been meaning to get to | I will keep it as a joker, my backlog is so full that I have about 20 games to put here.

I5- Metroidvania or Roguelike | It's really not my cup of tea at all, so I really accept suggestions. I would be double grateful if it was a PS+ offering or really cheap. 

N1- One Word Title | I really don't know, I think I will go with Knack just because. 

N2 - Play as an Antihero or Bad Guy | Uncharted 3 Remaster, I really need to get back to it. I suppose that Nathan Drake is a anti-hero (being a thief and all), but if anyone disagree, you can call my bullshit anytime. 

N3 - Player's Choice  | It will be probably my last, so I will leave it open

N4- Adventure | Uncharted 2, I really need to get back to it. 

N5 - Retro Rerelease (Originally on Console w/o trophies) | The remake of Crash 2 I think. 

G1- Favorite Genre | Any random racing game that I will get. Redout or Wipeout Omega Collection springs immediately in my mind, but it will be one of the easier ones to complete.

G2- With Mystery of Detective Themes | I really want to get to Deadly Premonition again, but I'm really skeptic that I can really do it. I really appreciate some suggestions as a backup.

G3- Featuring a Romance or Romance Options | I have plenty of visual novels to play on my Vita, so no problem.

G4- Strategy, Simulation or Management | I have both Utawareremono for my Vita and Harvest Moon on the PS4, first come, first serve.

G5- Historical Fiction or Mythology | Not my cup of tea, I really want some suggestions here. Double grateful if it's cheap or offered in PS+

O1- Cooperative Game | TFW no friends, I want some suggestions here too. Double grateful if it's cheap or offered in PS+

O2- With a Female Protagonist | Can someone spoil me if 2B from Nier: Automata is female or not quite? I'm planning to do it really soon, although if not, I have some otomes and want to start Horizon Zero Dawn this year.

O3- Redeemed from PS Plus | I have plenty, I will put Bullestorm for the PS4 as some sort of placeholder.

O4- Developed in a Foreign Country | I'm Brazilian, so everything is basically foreign country to me, so it's basically another Player's Choice for me. 

O5- Antropomorphirzed Animals | I'm meaning to get Moss for PS VR for some time, and now I have a excuse. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ElBolovo said:

B4- For another PSNP Event | I will need to do some research and update. If anyone have some suggestions, I will accept it.

I5- Metroidvania or Roguelike | It's really not my cup of tea at all, so I really accept suggestions. I would be double grateful if it was a PS+ offering or really cheap. 

G2- With Mystery of Detective Themes | I really want to get to Deadly Premonition again, but I'm really skeptic that I can really do it. I really appreciate some suggestions as a backup.

G5- Historical Fiction or Mythology | Not my cup of tea, I really want some suggestions here. Double grateful if it's cheap or offered in PS+

O1- Cooperative Game | TFW no friends, I want some suggestions here too. Double grateful if it's cheap or offered in PS+

B4 - I'm running an event from mid-January thru March, there's one with prizes going thru January, and Monthly Madness is a fantastic event

I5 - Song of the Deep is a fantastic Metroidvania game. I'm also not big into the genre, but this was one of my top 5 games that I played in 2018.

G2 - L.A. Noire was really good. Sherlock Holmes: Crimes and Punishments wasn't bad.

G5 - Valiant Hearts!!! It's on sale right now and is SO GOOD.

O1 - Overcooked is cooperative, but you can do it with two controllers; allegedly it's difficult to do it by yourself though. Also, Hidden Agenda has co-op that you need at least two PlayLink devices for (a smart phone and a computer with an Android or iOS emulator would work-- PlayLink is a free app).

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, ElBolovo said:

Apotheon works for both of these.  For Metroidvania, I'd also recommend Forma 8, Guacamelee or Hollow Knight.

Rogue-likes I don't much care for, but Iron Crypticle is pretty great.

For Historical Fiction and Mythology, any of the God of Wars.  Romance of the Three Kingdoms XIII, Assassin's Creed (any) and really any WWII shooter.

Edited by willythom88
Adding additional responses
  • Like 1

Here’s my card. It’ll do. The categories I hoped for most aren’t here but the ones I feared are so “yay, I win!”

I’m planning to play this from the hip so I’ll do very little preparation. At a glance, I have a good amount of these covered in my existing backlog so there’s that at least.

9K6TUZ4.jpg

26 minutes ago, MarkusT1992 said:

@XX_FTW I guess requiring a second controller is not enough for the peripheral one?

Probably not. That seems to fit more with cooperative than peripheral. I could see a case for it if there is such a game that uses the controller in a unique way but I’m not sure what that would look like.

Also, and you can judge for yourself if this is within the spirit of the challenge, perhaps there are games that are peripheral-based but have non-peripheral modes. 

1 hour ago, XX_FTW said:

Probably not. That seems to fit more with cooperative than peripheral. I could see a case for it if there is such a game that uses the controller in a unique way but I’m not sure what that would look like.

Also, and you can judge for yourself if this is within the spirit of the challenge, perhaps there are games that are peripheral-based but have non-peripheral modes. 

I know that you can play the Duo Mode of Beyond: Two Souls with a phone and the app as second controller instead of using a real controller.

NmJIoLt.jpg

It's a pretty damn good list if I do say so myself. I do have a couple questions about some of them.

1. Oldest in Your Backlog: Oldest I've started or oldest release date?
  2. Last Game You Acquired: At time of Bingo Card?

Otherwise, I will probably be able to figure out games for everything... except Reboot / Spiritual Successor. The only game that pops up to me for this are either Ratchet and Clank (PS4), which I already did, or Tomb Raider (2013), which I already beat the story. Ideas would be welcome.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, ArtikSkarab said:

Otherwise, I will probably be able to figure out games for everything... except Reboot / Spiritual Successor. The only game that pops up to me for this are either Ratchet and Clank (PS4), which I already did, or Tomb Raider (2013), which I already beat the story. Ideas would be welcome.

Hi, @ArtikSkarab. I have the Reboot/Spiritual Successor category as well, and was able to come up with the following options:

• Any of the Uncharted games. (Nathan Drake is the spiritual, male successor to Laura Croft/Tomb Raider).
  • DmC - Devil May Cry (PS3 or PS4) - Reboot of the Classic Devil May Cry series.
    • Bayonetta (PS3) - Spiritual, female successor to Dante/Devil May Cry. 
  • Either of the Knack games (PS4) - the spiritual successor to the likes of Jak and Daxter, Ratchet and Clank (or at least that's what I believe Sony initially intended). 
  • Prince of Persia (PS3) - Reboot of the Prince of Persia series (Sands of Time, Tale of Two Thrones, etc.).
  • Soul Calibur 6 - While it does have a 6 in the title, the developers have made it so that the story is essentially a reboot of the original Soul Calibur game.
  • Any of the Telltale games - you could make the argument that they are the spiritual successors of the retro point-and-click games (like The Secret of Monkey Island). 

If anyone feels I've headed in the wrong direction with some of these, let me know! But, I hope this helps.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, ArtikSkarab said:

4 hours ago, InfinateEternity said:

Hi, @ArtikSkarab. I have the Reboot/Spiritual Successor category as well, and was able to come up with the following options:

• Any of the Uncharted games. (Nathan Drake is the spiritual, male successor to Laura Croft/Tomb Raider).
  • DmC - Devil May Cry (PS3 or PS4) - Reboot of the Classic Devil May Cry series.
    • Bayonetta (PS3) - Spiritual, female successor to Dante/Devil May Cry. 
  • Either of the Knack games (PS4) - the spiritual successor to the likes of Jak and Daxter, Ratchet and Clank (or at least that's what I believe Sony initially intended). 
  • Prince of Persia (PS3) - Reboot of the Prince of Persia series (Sands of Time, Tale of Two Thrones, etc.).
  • Soul Calibur 6 - While it does have a 6 in the title, the developers have made it so that the story is essentially a reboot of the original Soul Calibur game.
  • Any of the Telltale games - you could make the argument that they are the spiritual successors of the retro point-and-click games (like The Secret of Monkey Island). 

If anyone feels I've headed in the wrong direction with some of these, let me know! But, I hope this helps.

There are also the Hitman games (from Absolution until the newest one), Resident Evil 1 and 0 remakes,

Edited by voodoo_eyes

Just wanted to extend a thank you to everyone that is sharing suggestions on how to fulfill certain challenges. Chances are each of us have rolled a few categories that are outside of our respective wheelhouses and can use the help. So thanks for being awesome, everyone.

I’ve added a countdown timer to the OP, because why do time zone math when you don’t have to?

Feel free to ask any questions you may have, I’ll offer clarification where I can. Note that most of the answers have been the largely the same. Chances are if there is more than one interpretation of how a challenge could be fulfilled, it’s that way by design. The intention is to have this challenge be as inclusive and self-driven as possible. If your interpretation is reasonable, it’s probably justified— like high school literature class. 

(These posts almost feel like OP patch notes.)

• Like 1

12 hours ago, ArtikSkarab said:

NmJIoLt.jpg

It's a pretty damn good list if I do say so myself. I do have a couple questions about some of them.

1. Oldest in Your Backlog: Oldest I've started or oldest release date?
  2. Last Game You Acquired: At time of Bingo Card?

Others already mentioned some game for the Reboot/Spiritual Successor theme, another one could be the new God of War. It should count as a reboot of the series.

I'd like to join too and here's my card:

6IniDBp.jpg

Question though, what would someone like me who doesn't have PS Plus do about the redeemed from PS Plus one?  Am I pretty much screwed for that whole row and column or could I just play any game that has been on PS Plus before to cover that one?

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, ladynadiad said:

I'd like to join too and here's my card:

6IniDBp.jpg

Question though, what would someone like me who doesn't have PS Plus do about the redeemed from PS Plus one?  Am I pretty much screwed for that whole row and column or could I just play any game that has been on PS Plus before to cover that one?

You can always makes a alt account and use the free trial ?