Hardest Platinum?

On 2/8/2019 at 2:05 PM, Nighcisama said:

Now that your reply made me go through my games once more, I am just realising that I don't really have difficult platinums. Oddworld is rated 6/10 here, it is my only 6, the only completed game I have that is rated higher is The Witcher 3 with 7/10, and no idea what made anyone give the game that high of a number. That is really something I should focus on once I have reduced my impressive backlog, I will get to the backlog after finally getting a ultra grindy platinum in a few days.

Only just saw this post of yours while reading the latest responses in this thread.

Death March difficulty is not difficult as some people like to call it. The big factor here is on Death March you cannot heal while mediating, which makes the entire game 'easy street' more or less.

It definitely forces you to be more careful when fighting enemies but there is nothing in The Witcher 3 that I found was real challenging combat wise. There are plenty of healing items in the game for most people to get through Death March difficulty without too much trouble.

The Soulsborne games, pretty much all of From Software's works, are a lot more difficult in comparison and I would give them a proper 7 out of 10 in difficulty. I wouldn't put The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt any higher than a 5 out of 10. Some fights can punish you if you make a mistake or are being a little reckless but they aren't quite as challenging as the stuff you see in Dark Souls or Bloodborne.

Although in my opinion, Bloodborne and The Witcher 3 are two of my favorite games this generation. It's too bad the industry is saturated with boring open world games that pad on a bunch of collectible crap and dull side quests.

Demon Souls for sure. 7 play throughs for one item and the day before the server shut down someone gifted it to me...so much wasted time for a mat...

3 hours ago, Brightblade76 said:

I'd go with Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus on PSVita concerning sheer difficulty, even though recently DMC4SE bloody palace gave me hell and it's been probably the most exausting one, because sitting down for a couple hours on each attempt (with no checkpoints) was really tiresome.

I'm determined to finish sigma myself, just started 2, I know people say its impossible but I refuse to give in to that!

3 hours ago, RoxasOnFire said:

Demon Souls for sure. 7 play throughs for one item and the day before the server shut down someone gifted it to me...so much wasted time for a mat...

I'm determined to finish sigma myself, just started 2, I know people say its impossible but I refuse to give in to that!

Do you mean the PS3 or the PSVita version? Because the PSVita one is truly impossible to plat without access to coop for team missions, I'm afraid.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Brightblade76 said:

Do you mean the PS3 or the PSVita version? Because the PSVita one is truly impossible to plat without access to coop for team missions, I'm afraid.

Vita, and yeah, I've seen quite a few posts regarding it being impossible. But what I don't get is all these videos showing solo on the ps3 with cheeses for each boss and I was going to attempt them on the vita that way. Is it game over when the ai partner dies? I could see that ruining things.

9 hours ago, RoxasOnFire said:

Duping is the only way to get through Demon’s Souls in a reasonable time. 

Still relies heavily on RNG like the Pure Bladestone drop that takes a long time to get for some people.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sydoki said:

4 pages of comments on this thread and only a single mention of Crypt of the NecroDancer?! Hands down, THE hardest plat out there.

Image result for crypt of the necrodancer platinum trophy

Will not bother with this game. 

Though if you’re like @Floriiss, you can stick to practically anything if you are around it long enough. 

Huge amount of respect for him. He definitely earns my gratitude.

12 minutes ago, Sydoki said:

4 pages of comments on this thread and only a single mention of Crypt of the NecroDancer?! Hands down, THE hardest plat out there.

Image result for crypt of the necrodancer platinum trophy

Yeah dude OP asked about the hardest plat achieved, and since there's like 5 people that have gotten the CotND plat, it's no surprise that it has not been mentioned here ?

For me a game's difficulty is reliant on the grind and skill factors. With that in mind my Top 3 most difficult platinums are:

- 1. Call of Duty: Black Ops 3. Realistic difficulty was ridiculously frustrating especially in the Combat Immersion mode, whilst beating each mission on Veteran without dying was no easy feat either. Grinding thousands of kills for the weapon and cyber core unlocks took dozens of hours and was a borefest. 9/10 Difficulty

- 2. Grand Theft Auto IV. Skill wise Fly the Co-op will be your biggest concern.  In regards to the grind factor, it's insufferable: since the online is pretty much dead, your best bet is to boost the infamous AWP and Wanted trophies with a buddy, which will take many, many hours of mindless racing and repeating the same mission over and over again, 9/10 Difficulty

- 3. Wipeout HD. This game's difficulty revolves around the many ridiculous skill-testing challenges it's trophies offer you. Whether it's getting a gold medal on all races in the relentless Elite difficulty, practicing countless of hours to reach zone 75 in Zone mode or doing hundreds of laps on the same track whilst trying to get the dreaded Beat Zico trophy, this game will push to your limit. 9/10 Difficulty.

Those are my 3 thoughest and proudest platinums, aswell as the only 3 to which I've given a 9/10 for difficulty. The nightmarish 10/10 is still lurking in the shadows, waiting for me to be daring enough to try it.

• Like 1

Crypt of the NecroDancer ?.

I can never choose a platinum I think was really hard so I’ll always pick Star Ocean 4 just because of the crazy amount of time it takes. Trials Fusion is my hardest completed game but it doesn’t have a platinum.

• Like 1

I don't feel like i really have any difficult platinums, I have platinums like Binary Domain, Lumo, Street Fighter 4, MK9, Wipeout, Mirrors Edge etc... but those are small potatoes to a lot of the 100%s that don't have platinums, None of those games come close to my Dustforce 100% for example, which isnt as hard as CoTN, but its up in the same tier.

I should really buckle down and properly play CoTN, Badlands or super meat boy, or any other of the super ultra difficult tier of platinums, but they pretty much require 1-6month dedicated training sessions to even have a chance at the 100%.

Edited by Orphioon

6 hours ago, Arcesus7 said:

But you don't have CotND, now do you 1f62c.png The OP didn't ask about the hardest platinum out there, but about what your personal hardest plat is. 

Yes that’s very true thanks for calling me out haha. I actually responded earlier in the thread that Wolfenstein II was my hardest platinum. Someone else mentioned Crypt of the NecroDancer and I was simply giving them props because that game is in a league of its own. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, ZJW44 said:

Yes that’s very true thanks for calling me out haha. I actually responded earlier in the thread that Wolfenstein II was my hardest platinum. Someone else mentioned Crypt of the NecroDancer and I was simply giving them props because that game is in a league of its own. 

I 100% agree with you on that one, hoping to get this one some day! Lots and lots of practice hours ahead.. ?

Edited by Arcesus7

On ‎28‎/‎06‎/‎2019 at 8:12 PM, RoxasOnFire said:

Vita, and yeah, I've seen quite a few posts regarding it being impossible. But what I don't get is all these videos showing solo on the ps3 with cheeses for each boss and I was going to attempt them on the vita that way. Is it game over when the ai partner dies? I could see that ruining things.

The AI isn't strong and smart enough for 2-3 Ultimate Ninja team missions and after dying a few times is game over, because as far as I remember you get less and less life after reviving.