Hardest Platinum?

5 hours ago, Brightblade76 said:

The AI isn't strong and smart enough for 2-3 Ultimate Ninja team missions and after dying a few times is game over, because as far as I remember you get less and less life after reviving.

Ah I see. I just started the second tier difficulty in the tag missions. Are those even necessary?  I was only grinding them for kills with the ladies.

5 hours ago, Brightblade76 said:

The AI isn't strong and smart enough for 2-3 Ultimate Ninja team missions and after dying a few times is game over, because as far as I remember you get less and less life after reviving.

8 minutes ago, RoxasOnFire said:

Ah I see. I just started the second tier difficulty in the tag missions. Are those even necessary?  I was only grinding them for kills with the ladies.

The developers didn’t add an option that would allow actual co-op, so that platinum is basically unobtainable.

• Like 1

Yakuza Kiwami was by far my hardest plat i think. The biljart minigame against the ai was really hard imo, te near perfect karaoke high score was near impossible for me (Because rhythm (offbeat rhythm) games?) and the highway section without a checkpoint on ng+ was terrible aswell.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

Until i get one of the really difficult fighting game plats, I might go with Jotun - Valhalla Edition

Especially the valhalla mode run (no damage taken /no powers used) really gave me a run for my money, since half the bosses are based on RNG when it comes to attacks. Would have abandoned the game had I not loved the artstyle so much. 

Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare Remastered 

This game i could never get the 1000G back on the Xbox 360 for a few reasons the Best of the Best achievement and the Veteran mode i was not super good at FPS games back then even though it is my favourite genre alongside RPG.

Fast forward to 2019 after putting this game off since i started it back somewhere when it released i had been slowly chipping away at it and when i finally achieved the platinum trophy it felt amazing. Veteran mode after i cleared it for some reason felt easier than i originally remember not sure why maybe they did nerf it or maybe back then i was not as skilled in FPS games as i am now. Either way hardest sections i felt were the missile silo level and No Fighting In the War Room just because the first one you are out in the open with no cover and the second you are in a tight room with several entry points where enemies could spawn and shoot you dead. 

I am happy with this plat :D

• Like 2

On PS4 I’d pick Yakuza Kiwami.

If I could choose from my Xbox I’d say Sonic and All Stars Racing Transformed. The game is also available on PS3 and it’s really bloody hard on expert.

I jumped in blindly thinking it’d be a fairly easy racing game as it looked child friendly. Oh my god was I in for a ride...it’s my most played game on Xbox at 380 hours. I don’t have 100% as I’m missing local co-op achievements (one of them requires four players I think) but it is THE game I’m most proud of. It is legit a 9/10 in difficulty without using any of the glitches available. Definitely worth a play through, I would assume it’s much more fun with friends.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DarkSoleride said:

Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare Remastered 

This game i could never get the 1000G back on the Xbox 360 for a few reasons the Best of the Best achievement and the Veteran mode i was not super good at FPS games back then even though it is my favourite genre alongside RPG.

Fast forward to 2019 after putting this game off since i started it back somewhere when it released i had been slowly chipping away at it and when i finally achieved the platinum trophy it felt amazing. Veteran mode after i cleared it for some reason felt easier than i originally remember not sure why maybe they did nerf it or maybe back then i was not as skilled in FPS games as i am now. Either way hardest sections i felt were the missile silo level and No Fighting In the War Room just because the first one you are out in the open with no cover and the second you are in a tight room with several entry points where enemies could spawn and shoot you dead. 

I am happy with this plat :D

Not long done this one myself and the bits you mentioned were tough. Best of the best took me a few hours of rinse and repeat.

4 minutes ago, freddie1989 said:

Not long done this one myself and the bits you mentioned were tough. Best of the best took me a few hours of rinse and repeat.

Yeah that is what i sort of did, First time i attempted Best of the Best i was just getting frustrated, it felt like it was one of those trophies where the stars need to align, room temperature has to be perfect, nobody in the house everything is quiet and the trophy Gods have to be with you. lol But yes there was a lot of repetition on the journey to perfection with this trophy for sure!  

• Like 1

On 12/17/2016 at 1:45 AM, Hyp3rsHyp3r_ said:

Star Wars Battlefront, Is by far the hardest platinum that I've done! The multiplayer was easy but a grind, But the missions were so annoying! Co-Op is the best way for the survival missions though! Huge thanks to Couch for helping Me!

Yeah battlefront 1 was my hardest. Sessions never worked for me so I had to do most solo. Just got all the mp trophies minus 500 hero kills and rank 50 on bf2. Just need that 2x and 3x xp to count towards my rank and not characters. Lando doesn't need to be rank 50 lol.

Dying light was my most tedious. I played on day 1 and had to wait for patch after patch bc I 100% all the collectables so many times but no trophy. Now I'm having the same issue in Sniper Ghost Warrior 3 for the same reason bc patches changed the gun requirements. The load timea are keeping me from finishing that one. I seriously only need to get all primary weapons again. I've finished that game twice 100% with no luck. So now I'm doing it fresh...again with the newest patch.

55 minutes ago, RoxasOnFire said:

Yeah battlefront 1 was my hardest. Sessions never worked for me so I had to do most solo. Just got all the mp trophies minus 500 hero kills and rank 50 on bf2. Just need that 2x and 3x xp to count towards my rank and not characters. Lando doesn't need to be rank 50 lol.

None of the characters need to be leveled up to Rank 50 if that is what you are thinking,  Just your overall rank.  I think you are making it much harder/slower!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, djb5f said:

None of the characters need to be leveled up to Rank 50 if that is what you are thinking,  Just your overall rank.  I think you are making it much harder/slower!

Oh I know. It's just the xp boosts only ever give me character xp and not main progress xp. It's been pissing me off. It's always only eve done that for me. Xp across all modes my ass.

Easily Guitar Hero: Metallica for me, took me 8-9 years across two different accounts. Gave up on it quite a few times because of the perfection needed for the Creeping Death trophy. I have quite a few other rare platinums, but mostly it's just learning controls, strategies and a few days/weeks of grinding the difficult parts. Guitar Hero: Van Halen is the hardest I've attempted, but even at the skill level required for Metallica, I'm nowhere close.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RoxasOnFire said:

Dying light was my most tedious. I played on day 1 and had to wait for patch after patch bc I 100% all the collectables so many times but no trophy. Now I'm having the same issue in Sniper Ghost Warrior 3 for the same reason bc patches changed the gun requirements. The load timea are keeping me from finishing that one. I seriously only need to get all primary weapons again. I've finished that game twice 100% with no luck. So now I'm doing it fresh...again with the newest patch.

Battlefront 1 and 2 aren't hard at all, they aren't even very long either.

6 hours ago, BlazikieronUS said:

Battlefront 1 and 2 aren't hard at all, they aren't even very long either.

Well yeah, it's just getting some of the misc trophies in 1 that sucked. Like the Walker trophy mostly in 1 and in 2 the starfighter ones. Other than that the game is just a grind. I can't think of too many difficult plats that aren't a grind minus maybe bo3. And I've only finished mp on that game. 

Edited by RoxasOnFire
  • Like 1

If we're purely talking platinum trophies here, probably Grand Theft Auto IV for the PS3. Not difficult per se, but a long online grind.

Were it not for the DLC, Nioh might be up there for PS4. The additional NG+ modes that come with each add-on make getting the platinum a breeze, but the 100% is still pretty challenging.