Hardest Platinum?

I really don't have any "difficult" platinums on this account. My old account the one that pops into my mind as my hardest was Dark Souls 3 and it wasn't even that hard because I did most of it with my bf. Loved it and want to play it again but it is quite a commitment and haven't brought myself to rebuy it. 

Mass Effect 2. 

I realize for most people this was like a 5/10, an average Platinum...and maybe it is. But for me...it was an absolute nightmare of an experience I didn't expect to run into after having a rather easy time in ME1 (I was a Soldier all three playthroughs, so having that shield made it a cinch). But ME2 was an entirely different beast. I did 2 playthroughs, my Paragon run was on Veteran difficulty and my Renegade was on Insanity...I don't remember the classes I chose, but I don't think that matters. Veteran for me was harder than anything I had to do on Insanity in ME1...so Insanity in ME2 was just a rage inducing shitfest of an experience. There was even a point during the mission against the Collectors that I got so ridiculously pissed off that I pulled out a small chunk of my hair. 

This is a large reason why I can't join everyone else in considering ME2 the best game in the franchise (I give that medal to ME1)...because I spent the whole time loathing my experience with it. I tried to have my eyes open for the story...which in it of itself was great...but the actual playthrough was just hell. I didn't enjoy myself at all. Because of this, ME2 really showed me what I DON'T want out of my video games...that I just can't handle games that are ridiculously difficult, that I prefer to have a more relaxing time. 

This is also why, I would likely never purchase a remaster. I love the series as a whole...but I never want to deal with ME2 again. 

Edited by Viper
  • Like 1

I only have 10 platinums so far, but the hardest one I got was for Rayman Legends on PS4. Not necessarily because it was difficult, but because getting all the points from the online challenges took an eternity. I'm very proud of it, though, and intend to get the platinum again on the PS3, and possibly the Vita if I can somehow get that stupid "Champion!" trophy.

Honorable mention to Sound Shapes on the Vita. I feel like whoever designed those Death Mode levels actively hates trophy hunters. Even worse, it's no longer possible to auto-pop the trophies! I would have to do it again legitimately if I want the platinum on PS3 and/or PS4. Eh, Sound Shapes is a fun game, but I don't really want to play Death Mode right now, or ever again. Maybe I'll go for the PS3/4 versions someday.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

Hardest based on the skill I had to muster, probably Shovel Knight mainly for the speed-run trophy of beating the game in 1:30. A lot of resetting and redoing stages. Hardest in terms of actually getting through it was Hello Neighbor because it constantly crashed and bugged out. Hardest in terms of the work I put into it was either RDR 2 or Persona 5 because of the time spent, or Persona 4 Golden for the Rise trophy where I legitimately had to keep track of like 250 different phrases she says in a document on my computer (Ended up counting wrong and lost hope until it finally popped shortly after I counted to 250. That's my long-winded, needlessly long three part answer to a one part question.

Edited by ChunkyKong64

• 4 weeks later...

Ive hear super meat boy is VERY hard!  

The one i want (but wont ever get) is Friday The 13th. 1000 games as Jason. Disgusting.

My proudest one is probably Skyrim (i love that game) longest one was Battlefield. Took me over 2 year as the Multiplayer was awful when it first came out so i borrowed to get the last 2 online trophies. 

• 1 month later...