How many Franchises have you played included in Smash (POLL)

Beyondthegrave07

SSB questionaire!  

59 members have voted

1. 1. Which of these franchises have you played? (Part 1)

2. 2. Which of these franchises have you played? (Part 2)

3. 3. Out of the 33 franchises listed, how many have you played

Super Smash Brothers is known to bring in characters from all across gaming universes, and I was wondering, how many have I actually played and would understand the references in SSB? Therefore, I made this thread to see how well I know the SSB characters and how many I can proudly say I've played from their original games. I'm also curious how others would fair in this poll as well!

Please fill out the poll and share your results! I'm curious if people (even on PSNP) have played many of these franchises. With MGS, Final Fantasy, Street Fighter, Persona, Mega Man, PacMan, and Bayonetta representing Smash, you can't score a ZERO on this, right?

Note: And to answer the question, "Isn't Donkey Kong, Yoshi, and Wario part of Super Mario?" The answer to that is "Yes.", but I want to know if you've played their own spin-off titles as many of these characters have plenty of games that can stand on their own two legs.

Well... Let's find out and thanks for sharing!

• Like 2

Played a few of them for sure like Bayonetta, Mario, Donkey Kong, Final Fantasy, Pokemon, Zelda (Majora's Mask in particular), Castlevania, Persona, Mega Man (Can't recall which I've played, but I know I've played one of them), Sonic, Pac Man, Pikmin, Kirby and I am certain I've played Duck Hunt before too.  So a small amount of them at the very least xD

And yes, I've played Smash Bros before, I actually have the 3DS version of it... and I've played a previous version before too (I think it was Melee, but I can't remember).

Edited by DrakeHellsing

21 total. everything except Bayonetta, F Zero, Final Fantasy, Metroid, Dr. Mario, Ice Climber, Splatoon, Animal Crossing, Persona, Earthbound, Game &Watch, and Wii Fit.

all games that i always kinda wanted to play, and still might. i own an NES classic which has a number of them, so ill get around to it.

Edited by danceswithsloths

42 minutes ago, Shaowsintzu said:

17 Game Franchise's in Total not too sure about the Mii Selection would that be for the Mii Channel?

Pretty much anything Mii related. My first thoughts were games like Wii Sports, Wii Sports resort... Though, I think you could count the Mii Channel if you've sat there and made your own Mii I suppose. That one is kind of up to your own interpretation.

I personally have played 24 of them. I have not played Game and Watch, Street Fighter, Wii Fit, Punchout! (though I have watch my brother play it), Metroid (I actually played it a little, but not enough to have an actual opinion on the series), Castlevainia, Xenoblade, Splatoon, and Pikmin. I'm actually kind of impressed that I've played so many of these series, but I did grow up with Nintendo Consoles (I've had pretty much every type of Nintendo handheld up to the 3DS) and have played a lot of the emulations of the unorthodox games like Ice Climbers and Mother 3. Granted, I'll probably knock out a few of these series in the future.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Shaowsintzu said:

You may have to update the voting polls when the other 5 or 6 DLC Characters for Super Smash Bros Ultimate arrive.

Yeah, I could also add in other franchises that are included in the game, but are not represented by playable characters (such as advanced wars). The only issue with updating the poll is that people are unable to recast their vote. Unfortunately, I'll have to keep it to the original characters announced or the votes will be somewhat skewed.

I'm still fairly new to Nintendo having only come on board during the Wii period. I can't say I've played many franchises by them but the ones I have played are Super Mario, Splatoon, Pokemon, Earthbound, Pikmin, Wii Fit, Mii and Legend of Zelda. I also played Yoshi but I can't remember if I voted for him in the poll ? I also have a vague memory of shooting that duck in Duck Hunt with my cousin.

For the third party franchises I have played Bayonetta, Final Fantasy, Sonic, Metal Gear and Street Fighter.

• Like 1

The top 3 play so far hasn't really surprised me (Mario, Sonic, and Pac-Man), but the bottom 3 kind of is (Splatoon, Xenoblade, and Game and Watch). I expected Game and Watch to be last, but I thought Splatoon and Xenoblade would have more votes than Earthbound, Ice Climber, Kid Icarus, and Wii Fit by quite a bit.

Interesting stuff so far though.