Hello! Kinda new to the PSN!

Riztopher

I'm kind of new to the PlayStation Network ecosystem. I'm primarily an Xbox/PC Gamer. I owned a PS3 way back in 2008-2010 and yesterday, I ended up having an impulse buy and bought another PS3 for $40. Not bad right? I've always been an achievement hunter on Xbox and trophies are the next best thing. So I thought I'd give it a shot! :D

I'm always active on TrueAchievements and I'm liking the site so far. Think I'll be active or try to be on here!

If anyone has any good PS3 exclusives that are decent platinum's then let me know, I'm always interested! Thanks for taking a look!

Well first off...welcome :) Second off...here we go :pimp:

Obviously I have to recommend the Ratchet & Clank series. 3rd person action adventure games that allow you to get bigger and better guns to blow the ever living shit out of everything. The humor, controls, characters are all top notch and it is one of my favourite series of all time. There is 8 games with platinums on the ps3 (along with 2 that don't have trophies).

3D Dot Game Heroes - From Software's love letter to old school Zelda games. A fantastic game that will give you a bit of a challenge for the platinum

Heavy Rain/Beyond 2 Souls - these are not everyone's games BUT if you don't mind QTEs and enjoy an interesting story you will like these...once again you either like them or hate them I have never seen anyone in the middle.

Uncharted 1,2,3 are obvious choices and if you are any kind of gamer you have heard of these

inFAMOUS 1 and 2 are fun open world games where you play as a superhero that can either choose Good or Evil and vary your powers/story based off that.

LittleBigPlanet 1,2,3 - awesome platformers that have millions of user created levels online. Amazing control, good difficulty and tons of customizing.

God of War (there are 6 of these on PS3) - Like Uncharted you have probably heard of these games. A great Beat 'em Up game that spawned the "Like God of War...but" genre that was popular in the mid 2000s.

• Like 2

Demon's Souls.

Also you can check out ICO & Shadow of the Colossus Remastered.

Since so many games got remastered for Xbox One & PS4 I can't really remember what else is PS3 exclusive, but @Dr_Mayus's recommandations are a really good place to start. Might add the Jak & Daxter games.

J

Edited by Paleblood
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Dr_Mayus said:

Well first off...welcome :) Second off...here we go :pimp:

Obviously I have to recommend the Ratchet & Clank series. 3rd person action adventure games that allow you to get bigger and better guns to blow the ever living shit out of everything. The humor, controls, characters are all top notch and it is one of my favourite series of all time. There is 8 games with platinums on the ps3 (along with 2 that don't have trophies).

3D Dot Game Heroes - From Software's love letter to old school Zelda games. A fantastic game that will give you a bit of a challenge for the platinum

Heavy Rain/Beyond 2 Souls - these are not everyone's games BUT if you don't mind QTEs and enjoy an interesting story you will like these...once again you either like them or hate them I have never seen anyone in the middle.

Uncharted 1,2,3 are obvious choices and if you are any kind of gamer you have heard of these

inFAMOUS 1 and 2 are fun open world games where you play as a superhero that can either choose Good or Evil and vary your powers/story based off that.

LittleBigPlanet 1,2,3 - awesome platformers that have millions of user created levels online. Amazing control, good difficulty and tons of customizing.

God of War (there are 6 of these on PS3) - Like Uncharted you have probably heard of these games. A great Beat 'em Up game that spawned the "Like God of War...but" genre that was popular in the mid 2000s.

Thanks! I ended up going to a local mom & pop shop and got a few that you suggested. I got LBP 2 (already have the 1st), Uncharted 2, 3 (They sadly didn't have the 1st), God of War 3, & Acension (That's all they had), Ratchet & Clank: All 4 One (only ratchet & clank game they had). They didn't have any infamous games but luckily I remembered when psn went down for awhile they gave Infamous 1 & Dead Nation, so I finnaly got my credentials for my first psn and I have those to play as well. Thanks for the insight on these games. I'll do my best to plat them ?

12 hours ago, Paleblood said:

Demon's Souls.

Also you can check out ICO & Shadow of the Colossus Remastered.

Since so many games got remastered for Xbox One & PS4 I can't really remember what else is PS3 exclusive, but @Dr_Mayus's recommandations are a really good place to start. Might add the Jak & Daxter games.

J

Yes, I have Jak & Daxter, sly, and ratchet and clank on my list! I'll check out demon souls.

13 hours ago, skateak said:

I am not going to do it to you but be ready for a flood of titles. Also, welcome back, to the dark side that is.

We'll see how dark it gets.

Edited by Riztopher
Misspelled

10 hours ago, Riztopher said:

Thanks! I ended up going to a local mom & pop shop and got a few that you suggested. I got LBP 2 (already have the 1st), Uncharted 2, 3 (They sadly didn't have the 1st), God of War 3, & Acension (That's all they had), Ratchet & Clank: All 4 One (only ratchet & clank game they had). They didn't have any infamous games but luckily I remembered when psn went down for awhile they gave Infamous 1 & Dead Nation, so I finnaly got my credentials for my first psn and I have those to play as well. Thanks for the insight on these games. I'll do my best to plat them 1f602.png

Yes, I have Jak & Daxter, sly, and ratchet and clank on my list! I'll check out demon souls.

We'll see how dark it gets.

Well that is a good collection of games. LBP2 is my second favourite of the series (LBP Vita is the best hands down) but I absolutely loved LBP2.

As for Ratchet and Clank All 4 One...I liked it but it is not seen favourably among most fans. For me I am just a HUGE Qwark fan so the fact that I got to play as him made that game the greatest but don't judge the whole series based off that one game. R&C Crack in TIme or the R&C Collection (comes with the first 3 games) are the best ones in the series.

As for inFAMOUS, the first on is great but the second improves on absolutely everything so if you enjoyed it definitely give infAMOUS 2 a try.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dr_Mayus said:

Well that is a good collection of games. LBP2 is my second favourite of the series (LBP Vita is the best hands down) but I absolutely loved LBP2.

As for Ratchet and Clank All 4 One...I liked it but it is not seen favourably among most fans. For me I am just a HUGE Qwark fan so the fact that I got to play as him made that game the greatest but don't judge the whole series based off that one game. R&C Crack in TIme or the R&C Collection (comes with the first 3 games) are the best ones in the series.

As for inFAMOUS, the first on is great but the second improves on absolutely everything so if you enjoyed it definitely give infAMOUS 2 a try.

Thanks for the suggestion of games! I won't judge, I did play some R&C back on the PS2, don't know which one though. I'll defiantly try to pick up all the ones you and everyone else suggested. I just earned my fist platinum trophy, granted it was Minecraft and Idk if there's a way to stack MC like on Xbox with the 11 different versions of MC. I wouldn't want to do that anyways. lol Again, thanks for the insight on these and I'll do my best to platinum them haha.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Riztopher said:

Thanks for the suggestion of games! I won't judge, I did play some R&C back on the PS2, don't know which one though. I'll defiantly try to pick up all the ones you and everyone else suggested. I just earned my fist platinum trophy, granted it was Minecraft and Idk if there's a way to stack MC like on Xbox with the 11 different versions of MC. I wouldn't want to do that anyways. lol Again, thanks for the insight on these and I'll do my best to platinum them haha.

Hey congrats on the first plat :)

Since you are new I will let you know about this thread. It is the place to show off your shiny platinum and talk about your experience if you like

Edited by Dr_Mayus
  • Like 1