Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
eburkulosis

Remember Me - Your 'Thoughts'

65 posts in this topic

Just got platinum on this game. I'm sad it has finished. The game is AWESOME. 8.5 is a fair grade to me and not 7.5 (average from most reviews). The combat is marvelous once you learn how to combo. I'll really miss this game. Hoping for a sequel. ^^

Nainphy.png

Yeah same here, can't understand why it ranked so low in the reviews, it's definetely something fresh + fun combat + intriguing story? Yes pls

This was a great game, I really don't get why so many people say it's bad. The only problems I had with the game was the inability to skip cut-scenes after you've seen them and the few times the camera got in the way.

I really hope they make a sequel or prequel flush out the world more.

People are mostly just disappointed by the game being so linear (old developer footage seemed to indicate a more interesting open world that was scrapped).

If you can get past that, it's an interesting game. Graphics are good, the story is engrossing and pretty unique (especially towards the end). The combat is not unlike the Batman games, but less fluid and with a little combo building system.

Not a bad game at all, actually rather good I say if you aren't turned off by how linear it is. Buy it on sale if you can at least.

Ive just finished it and would thoroughly recommend it to anyone to atleast try. I think the reviews for this were way to harsh, my only complaint is the levels all ended up looking a bit similar towards the end with everything on fire and debris everywhere but the combat is pretty fun once you get the hang of it. I would suggest playing on hard partly for the trophy but mainly because on normal its too easy and is nowhere near as much fun.

But everyone play it especially since its free with PS+

I have the plat for this game and have to say I really enjoyed it. My only issue was that it was to short and even on hard it was an easy game. I liked the idea of making up your own combos.

My 10p's worth: I downloaded Remember Me as a freebie courtesy of UK PlayStation Plus, and I REALLY enjoyed it. It's not perfect: the camera control is occasionally a bit shonky, the combat could have used another round of polish, some of the voice-acting is wobbly in places, the linearity of the gameplay won't appeal to everyone and I would have liked a bit more interaction with Neo-Paris and its inhabitants.

But taken on the game's own merits, there's lots to enjoy. The graphics and sound are top-notch, even with camera/combat issues it's a blast to play, Neo-Paris is a great setting and the story and themes explored by the game are really interesting. Nilin's a very strong and sympathetic character, easily up there with other 'strong female video game protagonists' such as Lara/Chell/Alyx/Ellie, which personally I found refreshing (it'll probably have harmed sales, though).

It's an 8.5 (at least) from me, and a final thought: If Remember Me were to get a more open-world sequel with its gameplay aspects buffed to a sheen and multiple possible outcomes from memory remixing, it could potentially be amazing...

Edited by YimSiphny

I don't really care what the reviews say, this game still looks awesome to me and plan to get it soon.

Merciful84, if you haven't subscribed to PS+ you can pick up the game new for <£20 now. Well worth doing if your wallet can take the hit :)

Up to level 4, playing thru on Hard, i must admit i have died a lot of times, but the saves are great in this game.

Loving it soo far, great graphics and a story is keeping me into the game :-)

It's one of the best games I've played this year, I'd give it a 9/10 at least.
Great combat, great music, and amazing story

Played the first 4 of 8 chapters so far and the camera is really really terrible. Otherwise I like the game a lot. Interesting enemies and combat scenarios, story seems good so far. I don't really dig their story how the world developed though. Levels are beautiful, but the there is no real challenge in form of riddles etc.

While I'd give the game in general around 82/83%, the camera is sometimes so bad that I'd reduce my rating by 10%.

Combat is just flat out bad. From the boss fights (mostly just Kid Xmas) to the average street brawl. You have to pause the game every time you want to change your combos (pretty frequent)?!

Everything else however, is pretty solid. Game looks beautiful. Story is interesting and unique. Memory remixes are a very cool feature (play it to see what I mean). 3D platforming sections are not a pain in the ass. Chapter select allows for easy collectible clean up! Overall, its not bad... not bad at all. Worth a play, as all the good outweighs the terrible combat.

I also played this for free thanks to PS+ (I was planning to buy it anyway at some point, but was more than happy it ended up on the IGC). As with the other comments here, I also found the game to be enjoyable but not without it's flaws. I thought I'd list it's pros and cons:

PROS:

1. Looks good.
  2. Decent platforming.
  3. Ability to craft your own combos.
  4. Unique remix ability (albeit underused as I would have liked to have done it more times during the story).
  5. Frequent checkpoints.

CONS:

1. Too linear. Open world/interaction would have been awesome.
  2. Combat wasn't as fluent as it should have been.
  3. Collectables didn't save when picked up. If you died before a checkpoint you had to recollect them.
  4. If you changed your combos after a checkpoint then died you had to change them again. Don't know why it didn't save as a save icon came up on-screen.
  5. Camera wasn't the best during fights.

All in all, I would recommend this game as it's something different but don't expect it to be perfect.

Kid Xmas on Memory Hunter difficulty, now there's a challenge. I actually switched to Errorist Agent difficulty after several hours of trying and then I noticed how easy that bugger is. HUGE difference between those two

Just completed it, and now going for platinum. Fantastic game in all honest, the graphics, story and soundtrack are great, especially the soundtrack though, it may just be the best gaming soundtrack I have ever heard. In terms of story, it's well written, and slightly complex, but only slightly, and adds to a gripping but controversial finale. I would definitely recommend the game. I'd give it an 84/100, it certainly met my requirements, but my requirements will vary from many of yours.

In terms of platinum difficulty, it looks fairly easy. The game took me 6 days to complete, but I stuck to doing 1 episode a day up until the last 2, there's 8 long episodes all together. 

Well, I just got platinum on it and I wanna let everyone know what I think about it! While there are many I've seen that say it's a "meh" game, I actually quite liked it! A lot!

The gameplay is really, really good. Fighting is just pure fun and I like how I can get through the game just button-mashing the square, square, square combo through the whole game (mostly 3 hits is all you're gonna get before you have to dodge), It's nice to play a game where a gun isn't my weapon for once, nice and fresh.

The game is also very well paced! It isn't a combat zone around each and every corner (I HATE that!), this game has a lot of exploration, a lot of collectibles, a lot of climbing, and much more. I feel there's just the right amount of combat in this game, they did really good with that. There were two battles of the game that I got extremely pissed at while playing on hard difficulty because the enemies were overly difficult. Kid X-Mas  (yes, that's a bosses name, I'll get to that next) was extremely annoying!! But I think it's because I didn't know exactly what to use and when at the time and that fight helped me figure that out. However there is an enemy type called mourners that REALLY piss me off because they are random and literally unfair, even on easy difficulty! Especially annoying when there's a trophy that requires you to fight them in a really BS way.

The story and dialogue was.... cheesy... This game would have had such a better story if it followed its own environment and were dark or serious because the main topic of the game is an interesting one.

I wanted a little more from the game. Chapter 2 was amazing, it seemed open and brilliantly beautiful and unique, I stopped to appreciate the view multiple times. It was annoying that it wasn't as open at it looked though. I couldn't talk to civilians or anything and also annoying that the rest of the games were crappy environments like slums or interiors of large buildings (Though they didn't look too bad in themselves, this game has great graphics/ art style). I also hated how I was told every ledge to climb on. Also, what happened to much of the stuff that was in this video? Woah

Edited by BlindMango

I don't know why this game got such a bad rap...it was one of the games I've probably enjoyed most in 2013.  Well worth it.  I think I bought the disc a few weeks after it came out too, no regrets at all.  

I am on the last chapter and have really enjoyed it so far.

I know so many people who have passed on playing a game because they only deem 9 or 10 out of 10 to be good score.

This is easily part of my top 5 best PS3 games
Only issue, it was to short...
Wish for a Remember Me 2 though... Seriously Capcom, make it happen !

I just started and it's awesome. Like I said before I don't know why people listen to reviews. Play yourself and see if you like it. A lot of people are avoiding games because of that, and I can say without a doubt that they are losing some of the best new experiences in gaming

I loved the game, the artwork is amazing, the soundtrack rocks, the gameplay is fun like hell, 100% recommend. It was free on PS+ not so long ago. 

I loved the game, the artwork is amazing, the soundtrack rocks, the game play is fun like hell, 100% recommend. It was free on PS+ not so long ago. 

It still is free on PS+.  I never heard of this game before til I got PS+.

Edited by Shaun

I really enjoyed this game, it had a great story line and the combat was very good - similar to batman arkham games and being able to customize your combos was very unique. Had a lot of fun playing this and in my opinion it has been really under rated, personally i would give it 8/10. The only gripe i have with it is the story is fairly short, and hard difficulty is not very hard at all apart from the H30 battle which I died a few times but that was it really. I highly recommend this game though and you can probably pick it up pretty cheap now.

I really enjoyed this game, it had a great story line and the combat was very good - similar to Batman: Arkham games and being able to customize your combos was very unique. Had a lot of fun playing this and in my opinion it has been really under rated, personally i would give it 8/10. The only gripe i have with it is the story is fairly short, and hard difficulty is not very hard at all apart from the H30 battle which I died a few times but that was it really. I highly recommend this game though and you can probably pick it up pretty cheap now.

If you have PS+ you can still get it free and it is how I came across it.

The story is short but I ran into a few glitches at a couple points in the game that wouldn't allow me to progress luckily they didn't stay glitched.

I heard from a comment on a YouTube video that the company that made this game went out of business is this true?