Wow, the plat is really common

Sebulba2000

1 hour ago, jjmello23 said:

i might be in the minority here but i felt like the flying levels weren't that bad once you figure out where everything is. I saw alot of people complaining about it when the game released.

If a person does the Spyro 2 flying levels first, it makes it easier to do Spyro 1, at least in my experience. 

• Like 2

I liked the speedways in Spyro 1 more than the other two. 2's were fun too but 3's were just boring for me

as for the platinum rarity, the game isn't really tough at all to plat. Just gotta explore and do all the stuff. Fun games though, enjoyed my time through them

I had trouble with the flying leves too in the beginning, but it's a case of doing it over and over again and finding the right pattern. It still was the least enjoyable part for me, but very doable in the end.

Spyro two was pretty anyoing though, for multiple reasons, but mostly some of the orb challanges were really infuriating, and I did have some trouble with the supercharge sections in all games, but that's just because my reflexes aren't as good as they have been

Honestly all 3 of them were REALLY easy to platinum. I got the total completion for the trilogy in 27 hours (7 for Spyro 1, 10 for the other two) and nothing was a challenge except maybe one or two levels per game. For me, the flying levels are some of my favorite levels in each game (I wish there were a few more) and they're just a really nice break from collecting nonstop.

Edited by Pokedude97
  • Like 1

• 6 months later...
On 12/25/2018 at 6:56 AM, kiwinesss said:

I am playing Spyro 1 at the moment but to be honest I am finding it kind of boring, I hope 2 and 3 pick up a little more.

Same here. I am around half way through and have been thinking 'Is this all it is?' The story (if you could even call it that) is pretty pitiful too. I am really hoping they added more to the next two games.

38 minutes ago, NZBigC said:

Same here. I am around half way through and have been thinking 'Is this all it is?' The story (if you could even call it that) is pretty pitiful too. I am really hoping they added more to the next two games.

not really. just extra collectables. 3 has other characters to change up gameplay style. thats all. they're pretty similar 

• 2 years later...
  • 3 months later...

Got my ass handed to me in previously unimaginable ways by this game.  I'm proud of you guys for being skilled enough to call that a 2/10, but your opinion is incorrect.

This game is significantly more difficult than other 2/10 short platforming games such as Spongebob, R&C Rift Apart, Maneater, or even Miles Morales.  This shit is on a whole different tier and it's seriously not close at all.  The flying levels, final boss, and controls overall were like pulling teeth and any nostalgia that I did have has turned into malice. I wish I had a physical copy so I could feel this burden lift off my shoulders when I sell it.

38 minutes ago, pro_cow_tipper said:

I'm proud of you guys for being skilled enough to call that a 2/10, but your opinion is incorrect.

Or you're just bad at the game. ? Even when taking more difficult levels like Tree Tops into consideration, I wouldn't say that the platinum difficulty increases by that much.

(They did mess up the controls for the flying levels, so I'll give you that much)

Obviously it goes without saying that people who've played the original will likely have an easier time getting the platinum for this game than others.

That said, Spyro - especially the first game - was never that hard compared to other, similar 3D platformers/collectathons. (i.e Banjo-Kazooie)

Some of the mini-games in the later two titles - most notably in the third - can be pretty annoying, however, and in some cases more in Reignited than they were in the originals.

(You don't need to reach the highest level of in-game completion to platinum the third game like you do with the other two, though, so there's that at least)

Edited by Zephrese

8 minutes ago, ChiefMichigan said:

I just suck at the Spyro games, I suppose. I'll probably never platinum any of them. Launch Date was one of the hardest trophies I've ever gotten. It might be the hardest.

Tree Tops is definitely and understandably not easy for a lot of people, veteran players included.

Even if you know what you're doing while playing the level, completing it consistently without issue can be challenging nonetheless.

Edited by Zephrese
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...

Hi everyone, 

I recently bought the trilogy as I know a few pals that loved this series on original release. Treated myself to the trilogy in the current sales. 

Anyway I looked at the plat time and it says its doable in 7 hours which is nice after a few grindy games. But there there's literally thousands of collectibles to get for the 100% completion. Also the guide says something about an in game map which is nice as I love playing a game where I spend more time on the console than checking vids on the PC. But the sheer amount of collectibles seems shocking. Something like you need 18K gems and yet when I saw vids on reviews and stuff they were picking them up one at a time. Am I missing something here?

Edited by DaveMcDamage