Spiderman Complete Edition

superian0207

3 minutes ago, TurtlePM said:

I’ve heard that we’ll get more DLC on 2019 after the CTNS pack... so, guess it won’t be any GOTY soon, unless they release a “Royale Edition” like FF XV, with “imcomplete” DLC stuff.

Sorry if i hijack this thread, but what's missing from the Royal Edition of FFXV, other than the DLC episode that will be released next year? Does it include everything released as of when that edition was released? (and yeah, i know about the cancelled DLC episodes)

Edited by Lance_87

Given Horizon had a 'Complete Edition' less than a year after it launched (ten months), we should see something by spring hopefully. Only reason I didn't bother with this game at launch was the cutting of content through DLC announced before the game came out. Definitely not a practice I want to support. Same reason I passed on the new Tomb Raider which seems to have bombed so hopefully that gets a complete edition as well. 

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, ShadoFenix said:

Given Horizon had a 'Complete Edition' less than a year after it launched (ten months), we should see something by spring hopefully. Only reason I didn't bother with this game at launch was the cutting of content through DLC announced before the game came out. Definitely not a practice I want to support. Same reason I passed on the new Tomb Raider which seems to have bombed so hopefully that gets a complete edition as well. 

All games have content cut during development. DLC plans may either being back content that was cut or be completely new ideas.  This "practice" is how development has been since the 70s. However, instead of leaving content scrapped or holding off until a sequel there is now a way to add on to games post-launch with digital updates.  

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, TJ_Solo said:

All games have content cut during development. DLC plans may either being back content that was cut or be completely new ideas.  This "practice" is how development has been since the 70s. However, instead of leaving content scrapped or holding off until a sequel there is now a way to add on to games post-launch with digital updates.  

Yeah, God of War II was going to feature Atlantis but it was scrapped and eventually featured in Ghost of Sparta (probably not the same version though)

Also Diablo III had the Mystic in vanilla game but it was removed and re-added in Reaper of Souls...

48 minutes ago, Lance_87 said:

Sorry if i hijack this thread, but what's missing from the Royal Edition of FFXV, other than the DLC episode that will be released next year? Does it include everything released as of when that edition was released? (and yeah, i know about the cancelled DLC episodes)

As far as I know, nothing - because the 2019 DLC was canceled. Their intention was to release a physical version with all content so far (Royal edition) and maybe another version with all DLC; since it’s canceled, we might say that this version is the complete one.

be warned though that they included a voucher code inside, the DLC content is not in the disc ;) 

Edited by TurtlePM

3 hours ago, TurtlePM said:

As far as I know, nothing - because the 2019 DLC was canceled. Their intention was to release a physical version with all content so far (Royal edition) and maybe another version with all DLC; since it’s canceled, we might say that this version is the complete one.

be warned though that they included a voucher code inside, the DLC content is not in the disc ;) 

I thought they were going to release one DLC instead of 3-4 or whatever?

On topic: you have the deluxe edition that has the main game and the season pass included. Which means standard game + all three released DLC’s. I would consider that the same thing as complete edition, unless you expect more DLC’s to arrive in next year.

I really hope that they have new DLC planned but at the same time, I wouldn't mind them starting to work on a sequel. Miles could be more of a thing in the second game, which given how well this one sold, is very likely to happen.

Also, I don't know how friendly Insomniac will be to fans in announcing new DLC soon in advance. They've been "bullied" into so many insignificant things, like the Sam Raimi Spider-Man suit. if I were them, I'd wait until I'm good and ready for new content. All of this, I think, will play a role in the complete edition.

• Like 1

I have read nowhere that new DLC were on preparation. Do you have any serious info about that? On my own, I am waiting too a complete physical edition for spider-Man (even with a dlc voucher).

otherwise, about FFXV, it remains one DLC about Ardyn and it is (finally) over, no idea about any final super complete imperator edition.