Beyond Good & Evil 2 will be always on

MidnightDragon

13 minutes ago, TakemetoNarnia4 said:

Is this game still happening? It was supposed to be released in 2022 but there aren't any news about it.

they mentioned taking their time or something. 

Perhaps its too ambitious for its own good. Don't expect it until 2025 at the earliest lol and it'll not be worth the wait

"It will be always on"

*5 years later*

More like "always off".

5 hours ago, TakemetoNarnia4 said:

Is this game still happening? It was supposed to be released in 2022 but there aren't any news about it.

Apparently it is. Although you rarely hear news about it. 1 or 2 years ago there was something about Ubisoft hiring for the game. Then at some point, if I remember correctly, they reaffirmed that it's still happenning. Last year, this game broke a record for longest game development in history, and I believe Yves Guillemot made a comment on that recently.

But the situation is dire to say the least, with BG&E, and with Ubisoft falling apart overall.

They also spent years making an engine for this game that would allow you to travel around the planet and go to space without any loading screens, they even showed PS4 tech demos. That might have been a waste of time, because this gen's hardware like super fast SSD makes that stuff significantly easier to do. Edit: unless they're still planning to release a last gen version.

Anyway, for any updates, I think this thread is better. It has most trailers and some developer updates. Whenever there is an update, it will likely be posted by Ziggy there.

Edited by Slava
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, quadboy_007 said:

Did Ubisoft confirm what all the recently cancelled projects are? I feel like there is a pretty good chance this is one of them to be honest. 

The last bit of news from Ubisoft was that they were cancelling 3 unannouncemented games. It doesn't look like this one has been cancelled yet. 

5 hours ago, Stan Lee said:

It’s never coming out lmao, and if it does it has been beset by too much development woe for it to be actually good.

Correct. Especially with their recent earnings call. Several games cancelled but won’t say which. My guess would be Prince of Persia Remake, BGE2, and Splinter Cell Remake they have been hinting at. They did say unannounced games but I can’t trust what they say.

• 3 weeks later...