Badland - Impossible Power-Up Guide (Sticky Bounce, Co-op mode)

Floriiss

Massive congrats, ever since i heard a theory about how to get it by @Zenodin and a bit of studying, i had a feeling it was achievable.

I was actually planning to go on an expedition myself into the game and create a guide on how the hell to do it, but I'm really glad someone else did, since i don't have recording equipment and would probably get banned if i did manage to pull it off.

I still think this plat will be a 10/10 in difficulty, only having played a bit and the game still kicked my arse on the earlier levels.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...
2 hours ago, MaxieM0us3 said:

So, is this platinum now proven to be obtainable legit?

If Floriiss, Danny_Johansen and DarkSamuraii- have the plat, I trust they got it legit :)

It still doesn't seem to be super easy, what is shown in the video is still hard to pull off, but yes it is obtainable legit. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 24.12.2018 at 0:49 AM, Floriiss said:

As promised hereby an in-depth guide on how to obtain the “impossible” power-up within Sticky Bounce. This guide will explain the issue in short and will give you several strategies to work with to make it possible to obtain all of the power-ups within this level.

Players: 2

Level: Sticky Bounce (Day I, Noon, 4th level)

Strategy: Starts from 2 minutes 17 seconds.

Hopefully this will help out a lot of people to obtain all of the power-ups within this level. I’ve tried my best to explain it as clear as possible, but if there’s anything unclear feel free to send me a message either on here or on PSNP and I will see what I can do to help you out. Thanks for watching and good luck with completing this mission!

I have a question, the game is on sale, and I would like to buy it for PS3. Can i do everything on my own with 2 pads/consoles? Or do I need help from someone?

1 hour ago, HaserPL said:

I have a question, the game is on sale, and I would like to buy it for PS3. Can i do everything on my own with 2 pads/consoles? Or do I need help from someone?

There are a lot of co-op missions in the game that require the help of another player. Missions such as "No one dies" or "Save X amount of clones" is going to be near impossible by doing it solo. It's highly recommended that you have a partner for the co-op missions.

Just now, Floriiss said:

There are a lot of co-op missions in the game that require the help of another player. Missions such as "No one dies" or "Save X amount of clones" is going to be near impossible by doing it solo. It's highly recommended that you have a partner for the co-op missions.

But does it have to be Online coop or can someone come over to my place and help?

Just now, HaserPL said:

But does it have to be Online coop or can someone come over to my place and help?

The game has local co-op only. So if you're going to play this game on the PS3, then you will need someone to go over to your place and help you. If you don't have anyone available, then I would strongly recommend playing this game on the PS4. This way you can find an online partner and create a shareplay sesison. Via this shareplay session your online partner is able to use the second controller and from here on you can complete the co-op missions. I believe Badland is a cross platform purchase, meaning that if you buy it once you can access it on all platforms (i'm not too sure about that though, so you might have to double check on that). 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Floriiss said:

The game has local co-op only. So if you're going to play this game on the PS3, then you will need someone to go over to your place and help you. If you don't have anyone available, then I would strongly recommend playing this game on the PS4. This way you can find an online partner and create a shareplay sesison. Via this shareplay session your online partner is able to use the second controller and from here on you can complete the co-op missions. I believe Badland is a cross platform purchase, meaning that if you buy it once you can access it on all platforms (i'm not too sure about that though, so you might have to double check on that). 

Okay that's what I wanted to hear :) Thank you very much. Yeah I have a few friends who can come over and help, it's just depend on how many hours will they have to play with me :D

• 4 months later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 3 months later...

You're very welcome Orlando was a pleasure doing Shareplay with you from UK <> Brazil, I don't know how we managed some of those levels with our laggy connection!!

I too now have the platinum after 4 years and 4 months, saved it for my 75th Platinum :)

Good Luck all x

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you for the guide @Floriiss and thank you @VirtualNight for the solo strategy! Managed to solo it after about 6 hours of trying! 6 long hours of throwing that big power up around haha. Only once did I get stuck in between the saw blades and couldn’t get out, mostly I had issues taking the power up through the saws after picking up the sticky. But hey, the Platinum is now in sight! xD

Badland GOTY Impossible Power Up

• Like 3

• 2 months later...
  • 10 months later...

I nearly did this mission yesterday as a solo.

The Bigger-powerup was on top of the final wheel and bounced in the middle where it should be...

But i was to hectic and flew into it while it was bouncing in the right direction.. 

I didnt got that far since ?