SuperSmash5U's Ultimate Platinum Smash Fest

SuperSmash5U

I started this thread to log my trophy milestones, but I am starting to understand what people say about trophy burnout. This being my 11th account, I realize that nobody will read this, and if anyone does, I will be amazed. Still, gotta put this down for posterity. ;)

I put this thread up on Christmas Eve 2018 to mark the platinums and non-platinums I popped on this account. My biggest loves, though, are Super Smash Brothers Ultimate and Maplestory. Still, I do put in the time to platinum a game now and then. I've sort of retired from serious trophy hunting recently, but I still do events now and then.

I've been gaming since I was ten, having 'stolen' my sister's NES back in the day when she didn't care jack about it after my dad bought it for her 5th birthday. It was there that I fell in love with Mario, Zelda and many other games. I then graduated to SNES with Final Fantasy IV(aka FF2US) and it snowballed from there. Once, I even had to do a sit-down no-stop marathon of Phantasy Star IV on Genesis(mainly because the cart I rented was corrupt and I couldn't save the game).

When Playstation arrived, I hopped on that bandwagon ASAP and eventually enjoyed many great games up to the current day. While the first Playstation game I played was the crappy Beyond the Beyond, I eventually finished Final Fantasy VII, VIII and IX. (FF8 is still my favorite game in the PS era.) I then 100%'d Spyro the Dragon 1 and 2, but never got to the final secret battle in 3. (Still can't do it on the Reignited Trilogy, at least they kept everything the same with a crisp paint coat. ^_^)

I have decided when starting this account to polarize my priorities. I decided to do this while in church, thinking about what I was doing with my life. The reason I started over so many times was because I kept making mistakes. This time I will try to be more honest with myself and only put games on this list where I enjoyed getting the trophies - games which I loved the feel of or the challenge. Games with buggy code(aka ICEY), insane challenges(aka Alteric) and which are just stupidly bad(aka My Name Is Mayo) are not going to be on this list ever. I admit that means that I won't be getting to Plat #100 for a long time, if ever, but quality over quantity this time.

Enjoy the list.

EDIT: Put in a new notation. If I put a version down for a game but it has * after it, that means that the game doesn't have a duplicate list per version, you can only earn a trophy on one version, but that means that is the version I played for the trophies.

My Trophy Hunting Blog, SMASH FIST.

Platinums #1-15

Spoiler

1La25d53.png #1 - Storm Boy

Storm Boy: December 16, 2018

Earned in 16 minutes, 53 seconds

I am glad that a nicer game has stolen the throne for fastest platinum ever.

StormBoy.jpg

This is a retelling of a children's book written in Australia by Colin Thiele. It tells the story about a boy the relationships he has with his father, an outcast, and an orphaned pelican. It ends tragically, but I suggest you check out the book. Or, if you can't find it, play this game because it is a faithful retelling. The trophy list is the easiest in gaming history, but this is not a real game, it's a story being told, so having difficult challenges defeats the purpose of the whole thing. Go ahead and blast it for being EZPZ, but I loved the way the story was told and I decided that it should be the first game to be on my newest list.

1L3d9fe2.png #2 - Donut County

All Done: December 16, 2018

Earned in 2 hours, 18 minutes

I loved the first two Katamari Damacy games, not so much the older versions, and am glad the original is getting remastered on the Nintendo Switch. The catharsis of rolling stuff up in a ball is fun and cute, and this game tries to capture that feeling in a different way - by moving a hole under stuff to drop the stuff into the hole and make it grow. Halfway through they upgrade the hole to allow you to shoot stuff out of it. The goofy characters of a raccoon running a donut shop is a tongue-in-cheek reference to the whole "hole" thing(since domuts are rings with holes in the center) and how he sucks up everything in the hole is silly. There are a few missable trophies but the game lets you go back to chapters to retry the challenges so it's never a total redo. The art style is also nice.

1L3f6421.png #3 - Midnight Deluxe (PS4)

Platinum Midnight: December 19, 2018

Earned in 56 minutes

My second fastest platinum trophy. I loved the look of the game, the challenges were a bit ragey but not too difficult and I love the name of the platinum trophy because the word "midnight" is my favorite word. ^_^

I went with this over 36 Fragments because that game is more difficult due to the trophy requiring you to speedrun the game in under six minutes. This is more casual even if you have to shoot a bullet Angry Birds style.

1Lcb3ad6.png #4 - Tetra's Escape (PS4)

Job done!: December 19, 2018

Earned in 1 hours, 18 minutes

This game has a cute visual style and the music is cute as well. You move little creatures to a goal portal, turning some creatures into Tetris pieces to form stairs or bridge gaps. The game doesn't require much to get 100% trophies. In fact, the game doesn't require you to beat all of the levels or get 100% of the collectible, just 50% will do. But if you want to continue, that's fine with me, the challenge curve is a very generous one.

1L10438f.png#5 - Cat Quest

Le Platinum Trophy: December 19, 2018

Earned in 3 days, 1 hour

The first RPG on this list and the first game which breaks the 1 day barrier, because it's an RPG. xD

I have platinumed this game two times before, and the reason I got this game was because of this video showing a guy user-named Sneaky speed-running this game for a charity event. Feline puns were thrown around and I decided to try the game myself, and I enjoyed it. It has cat people in it and lots of goofy cat puns. But don't think that you can button-mash through this action-RPG. Oh no, the game punishes you for that because you will die over and over again with that attitude. I died a few times myself. Luckily, you won't lose too much progress as there are inns everywhere where you can heal and save your game. Your goal is to defeat three dragons and then confront the big bad villain, Drakoth. I recommend this game to people new to RPGs. Just expect to roll around a lot. ;)

1Lbb27bf.png #6 - Aer: Memories of Old

Pilgrim: December 20, 2018

Earned in 3 hours, 46 minutes

Like Donut County, this game runs off its simple art and sound. It's a giant world, but 90% of it is window dressing. There is no conflict at all in the game, it's all puzzles and very simple puzzles at that. Your goal is just to get through a few dungeons and then enter the final dungeon at the end to complete the game. There is this big threat, but it's not something you fight. Most of the trophies are earned just by visiting specific landmarks so if you want to have a relaxing time, just follow a guide... or don't, go in blind. You won't be punished for trying things without help. Also, why the platinum trophy is a glowing cupcake is beyond me since I have never seen anything like it in game.

1Le737b9.png #7 - Clockwork Tales: Of Glass and Ink

Platinum: December 21, 2018

Earned in 1 hour, 29 minutes

This was the very first game I played which was developed by Artifex Mundi, a European company which created a ton of these point-and-clicks for the PC and then ported some of them to the Playstation 4. The trophy lists are mostly carbon copies of the original PC games' in-game achievement list so you know what to expect if you've delved into them on PC. These games are point-and-click adventures but they throw in hidden object puzzles now and then.

This game is the easiest and shortest of the lot. The others take longer because many of them have alternate mini-games for the hidden object puzzles if you want to go that route so they added in more achievements for those, which is frustrating. :(

Set in a steampunk universe in the early 19th century, this game is very nice to go through and the art and voice acting are spot on. The character is the niece of a researcher who is studying earthquakes in the area. (Most of Artifex Mundi's point-and-clicks have you take on the role of a female character, which is another plus for me. ^_^)

1L7e5ecc.png #8 - Reverie

Tai of New Zealand: December 21, 2018

Earned in 5 days, 17 minutes

A lot of these completion records are based on what I did - I didn't play the games non-stop 24/7, I went to other games at times. ;)

I love the fusion of Earthbound's 16-bit graphics and the top-down exploration of Legend of Zelda's pre-64 days. Playing as Tai, a boy who goes to a small New Zealand island called Totomi Isle for his summer vacation, he gets embroiled in a war between four dead brothers who are causing the animals of the island to become rabid. After defeating a rabid clothes dryer(yeah, wacky), Tai meets the ghost of a woman who begs him to stop the in-fighting by defeating the brothers' monstrous forms.

But the game doesn't drag you along on a fishhook, you can wander around, collect tools to advance, and do things(some of which earn you trophies) to collect the many feathers around the island. (Luckily, the feather collecting in this game is not as arm biting frustrating as the sidequest in Assassin's Creed II. Oooh, I burned Ubisoft bad! xD)

This was the last time I platinumed before Christmas because I spent the holidays playing Maplestory and just preparing for the games I'd have to deal with come 2019.

1L05f4d5.png #9 - Jack 'N Jill DX (PS4)

Platinum Jack N' Jill: December 25, 2018

Earned in 11 minutes, 26 seconds

Hey, everyone plays this game, why not? Also, the graphics remind me of Kirby's Dream Land, and I wanted a game which emulated Kirby from Smash Brothers. This was one of the few plats I got on a holiday, namely Christmas Day 2018. It was also my fastest plat.

1L690809.png #10 - One Word by POWGI

Quote Unquote: December 30, 2018
Earned in 1 hour, 49 minutes

I am not proud that this sort of game marked my first milestone, but it's a very simple word search game where you complete the quotes. I only did the minimum but I did complete an optional one by Walt Disney and makes me wonder what would have gone through Walt's head if he was alive today and saw Kingdom Hearts. ;)

1L4be1f1.png  #11 - InkSplosion (PS4)

Platinum-explosion: December 30, 2018
Earned in 14 minutes, 22 seconds

While not one of my true favorites, the ink shooter is similar to Splatoon and since the Inklings are now in Super Smash Bros, I had to put this game on my list.

1L9ee51e.png #12 - Super Destronaut DX (PS4)

Platinum Destronaut: January 4th, 2019

Earned in 19 minutes, 35 seconds

My first platinum of 2019. If you love Space Invaders, you might enjoy this. Even if you don't, the trophy grind isn't too bad. Ratalaika Games distributes a lot of these easy platinums but they are more enjoyable than Green Lava Studios' work...

1Lefafe5.png #13 - Little Adventure on the Prairie (PS4 version)

Big Adventurer: January 12, 2019
Earned in 28 minutes, 48 seconds

Or this.

Let me explain. Yes, it is against my policy, but I had to do it because I am a superstitious git and #13 is bad luck. I already own a black cat so I have become very superstitious. Therefore I decided, instead of cursing a good title into this slot, I'd put the worst game I have ever played in this slot and negate the bad luck. ^_^

1L1a2d37.png #14 - Word Sudoku by POWGI

Letters Rejoice!: January 28th, 2018
Earned in 1 day, 3 hours

POWGI attacked me again, but this was for my list for The 10 Things I Hate About Games event by @eigen-space, this was the only game I could stomach that was Unpopular with less than 1500 owners. The closest things I could find were not fun for me and this was an wham-bam-thank-you-zam trophy list t hat only required suffering through 50 Sudoku puzzles. Considering I had been sucked into MapleSlavery for two weeks and not playing any PS4 games except for a brief stint into Kingdom Hearts BBS and LEGO Jurassic World, I deserved the punishment I got. xD

1Led4d24.png#15 - Buff Knight Advanced
King of King: February 4th, 2019

Earned in 2 weeks, 3 days

This was a really fun game to play AFK-like while doing other stuff, but the grind was horrendous. I was lucky and got 6 artifacts to

Level 10... and didn't get the last relic until then. :( Still, a fun 8-bit game although I dropped it halfway and picked it up a week later just to finish it off. Some of these huge times are not because I sucked, it was because I drop the game from time to time.

Platinums #16-30

Spoiler

1Ldfd23f.png#16 - Abyss: Wraiths of Eden

Platinum: February 5th, 2019
Earned in 6 hours, 4 minutes

This was in two events - the one I mentioned (under the EZPZ category) and @XX_FTW's Bingo Bonanza 2019 year-long event, under the square "Designed by a foreign developer"(Artifex Mundi is a European game company). Super Destronaut DX and Buff Knight Advanced were on the card too. If you want to check out my card(without markings), I've put a link to my trophy blog.

I had to do this game's story three times because I messed up the second time and forgot I was supposed to do the Dominoes mini-game instead of hidden-objects puzzles after the first one. Think BioShock meets Cthulu for the story of this game.

1L8d9407.png#17 - Nubla

Platinium: February 9th, 2019
Earned in 1 hour, 1 minute

Yes, this game again. It fit the "One Word Title" square on my Bingo card. I would have done FullBlast but I don't know where it counts or now as it's a portamanteau of two words. This game is also easy and was relaxing although I messed up at the third chapter and glitched my character and then accidentally started a new game which autosaved over the old one. :(

Also, this game is more important now that its sequel finally came out.

1Lf116e4.png #18 - Lara Croft GO

A true adventurer: February 10th, 2019

Earned in 5 hours, 41 minutes

This game is on my Bingo card under the "Isometric View" square for obvious reasons. Also, it's very easy to go through, you can use the hints and I used a guide to get through. I would have done in under 2 hours but I took a nap halfway through(I am getting more and more lethargic as I approach middle-age so it's hard to spend all your time on a PS4 game no matter how much you love it). Even so, I think I only missed one collectible the first trip. I'm not ever gonna play Shadow of the Tomb Raider, but this game is a memory of what Lara Croft was before the reboot - big boobs and bigger guns exploring forbidden ruins. xD

(Sorry, had to reference the cleavage, her old model was top heavy. I'm glad they reduced her breasts decently in her reboot.)

1L8b22ed.png #19 - Persian Nights: Sands of Wonder

Platinum: February 11th, 2019

Earned in 1 hour, 51 minutes

Another Artifex Mundi title, but only because I needed a game with historical or mythological fiction and I wasn't paying big bucks for Assassin's Creed games or God of War as I don't like the characters in either. Sorry for offending the fans. :|

Anyways, this game has creatures well-known in myth. I recognize the name Sigmurh from my old memories of the Xanth series by Piers Anthony and genies are the most popular figures of Arabic mythos, thanks to Disney and Robin Williams, may he rest in peace and be free of pain. :( I was very surprised I did better in the puzzles(except the magical duels, I kept messing up on the first part.)

1Lbc8c9f.png #20 - Spyro 3: Year of the Dragon

Party like it's 2024: February 13th, 2019

Earned in 12 hours, 6 minutes

(This is the closest I can get to a Valentine's Day platinum - I was so filled with lethargy on the romantic day [and sort of upset because I lost the box of valentine's chocolates I was going to gorge on to celebrate since I am an anti-social who has no love life xD] that I didn't feel like playing anything on PS4 that day.)

One of the games I enjoyed when I jumped onto Sony's bandwagon was Spyro 2: Ripto's Rage but I did play the other games eventually and beat them. I even got 100% for both Spyro and Spyro 2, but never got it for Spyro 3. I did open the secret door, but not in this remake as I remembered that skateboarding races were a thing. :(

However, I did enjoy getting through this remake as Shiela got a much needed makeover(when I played the original I thought Shiela was a boy because she didn't have any, uhm, female marks on her, which they fixed here by giving her a hairdo and nice dungaree outfit as well ^_^) but I didn't even get all of the eggs in Lost Fleet because damn skateboarding races.

Thsi was on the "Anthromorphic Animals" square of my Bingo Bonanza card as, well, except for Spyro and Sparx, every NPC is a humanized animal. ;) Toys for Bob kept the game faithful to its roots.

Oh yeah, one note: This is the only game in the Reignited Trilogy that you don't need to get 100% on, which is odd but I guess Toys for Bob didn't want to nerf the secret level.

1Lff86f1.png #21 - FullBlast (PS4 version)

Platinum Ship: February 15th, 2019

Earned in 29 minutes, 28 seconds

I admit this is another cop-out but it was an okay cop-out. It brought me back to my middle school years when I could go up to the local arcade and watch classmates pump quarters into machines like 1942 and Afterburner and devastate swarms of enemies with a plane loaded for bear. The platinum is actually very easy and you do not even have to complete the story, but man it is a rush. I got a Game Over twice on Area 3 and didn't rage-quit, this was so fun. If you like to try a top-down shooter, this is for you. :D

1Lcf5c33.png#22 - The Gardens Between

Platinum Garden: February 15, 2018
Earned in 1 hour, 53 minutes

I put this down for "Gives You The Feels" in my Bingo card. While I haven't experienced losing friends to moving away, the ending was very poignant and it tied up the whole theme of the game - the places you visit are parts of happy memories that Arina and her friend had. I strongly suggest you play this game even if you don't like puzzle games.

1L4ee3e4.png #23 - Celeste

Heartbeat: February 18, 2019

Earned in 1 day, 21 hours

I did use the cheat mode on this game but I am not good with spiked platforms so I hope they understand. This is a very beautiful game and it got a lot of attention, even getting nominated for Game of the Year. It also told the story of a girl climbing a mountain to prove herself and the troubles she has on the way up.

1L1ebbe7.png#24 - My Brother Rabbit

Super Explorer: February 22, 2019

Earned in 3 hours, 8 minutes

I did this for a special bingo card project I was planning. It is a bit of a departure from Artifex Mundi's usual titles but it works with implementing the hidden objects in the setting instead of going to a different screen. The poignant story of Brother Rabbit trying to cure his sister weaves in with the sketches about a little girl who ends up with heart problems and the trauma the family goes through.

Also, finally we have an Artifex Mundi game where the platinum trophy isn't titled "Platinum."

1L891f42.png#25 - Spyro the Dragon

Gnasty's Demise: February 23, 2019

Earned in 1 week, 4 days

Cleared the main story then let it sit for a week because Tree Tops is terrible with its Supercharge collectibles. Still, I did manage to 100% the game and 100% the secret level for the last two trophies, ending up at the end of Gnasty's Loot like I did on my last account. I had wanted the original Spyro trilogy to be remastered and the first game got a nice graphics overhaul. I love how they made each of the dragons look unique, in the original PS1 game they were all ugly polygonal messes with no exterior personality, but in this remake you can see that the Peace Keeper dragons are warriors and the Magic Crafter dragons are wizards. :D

This had to be my 25th platinum.

1L776c31.png#26 - Kingdom Hearts Re:Chain of Memories [PS4 1.5+2.5 Remix]

Chain of Memories Master: March 2nd, 2019

Earned in 4 days, 15 hours

There is always sleep between part and meet
with our usual words on the usual street.

So let us part like we always do

And in a world without you

I will dream about you.

When I come to, let us meet

with our usual words on the usual street.

At long last, I finally got platinum for a game in one of my favorite action-RPG series ever. I was reluctant to try Kingdom Hearts after seeing Goofy and Donald there, considering how my past images of Donald Duck and Goofy were on stupid cartoons on TV. But this series makes the Disney characters very nice and keep their charm. I could go on but this is about this game.

I have played the original Chain of Memories on Gameboy Advance but never got the chance to purchase the Re:CoM remake on PS2 when it came out since it was so inaccessible due to lack of interest. However, when I got 1.5 Remix on PS3, I enjoyed playing the game in that form but was reluctant to trophy hunt it as the PS3 1.5 Remix had issues with difficulty trophies not stacking.

I knew I was going to platinum every Kingdom Hearts game but didn't expect this one to be the first considering how many people hate it for its quirky battle card mechanic. And yes, I admit that going through Proud Mode sucked as I died a few times but overall I did pretty well and collected 100%. (You can't get 100% cards for Sora until you clear Riku's story AND do all the things in the movie title 358/2 Days.

But the worst part was the grinding to Level 99 for both characters. Luckily, Sora had the advantage and he reached Level 80 by the time he cleared all of the floors and collected every normal enemy cards in the game. I had to use an RNG guide to get Neoshadow but over all, I just killed Heartless until one dropped what I needed and by then he had Mega Flare so I made a Mega Flare deck and pwned everything with it on Destiny Islands. (Castle Oblivion, the final floor, has enemies hat absorb fire damage but nothing on Destiny Islands resists or absorbs fire.)

All in all, a great game but it did have its warts.

1L38105f.png#27 - Enigmatis: The Ghosts of Maple Creek

Platinum: March 2, 2019

Earned in 8 hours, 2 minutes

Still no ghosts in Maple Creek. :(

This is the first game I completed for Spring Backlog 2019 because I needed three very easy games to complete and most of the backlog I have are games from Artifex Mundi. Enigmatis is probably my favorite series because it involves a detective.

1Lfaa9e7.png #28 - Queen's Quest 2: Stories of Forgotten Past

Platinum: March 3, 2019

Earned in 3 hours, 10 minutes

Yaaaay! I finally can do a proper platinum trophy alphabet without having to play some first-person sci-fi puzzler, a roguelike which will take forever to do or a PS3 game which is dead! Yaaaaaay! :D

But seriously, the letter Q has so few platinum trophies and it's nice that my old friend Artifex Mundi stepped up the plate. The problem is that this is #2, they should have imported the first game! Oh well, it's a really cool game with throwbacks to classic fairy tales like Little Red Riding Hood, Robin Hood and Hansel and Gretel. ;)

I followed a guide to make sure I didn't have to do a second playthrough and managed to get the "finish a HOP in under one minute" done on one of the later puzzles. The Hidden Objects Puzzles here are much more forgiving. Oh yeah, the main character is an alchemist detective, so it's very cool. :)

1L476839.png#29 - Enigmatis 2: The Mists of Ravenwood

Platinum: March 5, 2019
Earned in 3 hours, 18 minutes

This is also for my Spring Backlog Challenge. You need to go through the main story twice because some of the trophies require you to do card matching games in place of hidden-object puzzles.

1L3f1abf.png#30 - Spyro 2: Ripto's Rage!

Ripto's Remorse: March 5, 2019
Earned in 3 weeks, 17 hours

Finally completed the Spyro Reignited Trilogy and got my revenge on Gulp for making me break my tooth and go in for tooth surgery. Great game but some of the trophy challenges are frustrating. I had to get the permanent Superflame to destroy the Ox without getting hit because damn those bombs. ?

Platinums #31-45

Spoiler

1La79418.png #31 - I and Me (PS4)

Awaken from the Dream: March 7th, 2019

Earned in 5 hours, 18 minutes

Kill me now. This is the worst puzzle game I played because it has one of my least favorite puzzles, the "I move you move the same way" puzzles so you have to deal with your partner jumping into the water and dying because you were trying to avoid spikes. There are 80 puzzles in this game and many involve dodging stupid hedgehogs. ?

The only thing that kept me from going insane is the music - it's very beautiful music.

1L489a56.png #32 - Devious Dungeon

Platinum Hero: March 7, 2019

Earned in 2 weeks, 5 days

The time of earning is due to me putting the game away for a long time because I was getting sick of the grind. It's a very grindy game due to its rogue-like nature. But hey, if you have the patience to take deaths and love side-scrolling platformers, this is a great game.

1Lb42a1c.png#33 - Eventide: Slavic Fable

Platinum: March 10, 2019

Earned in 1 hour, 50 minutes

1L91ca52.png#34 - Enigmatis 3: The Shadow of Karkhala

Platinum: March 12, 2019

Earned in 5 days, 1 hour

Noticed the earn times between #33 and #34? Yeeeeah, there is a reason for that: Eventide behaved and let me beat it. Enigmatis, not so much. :( Enigmatis 3, my digital copy, has been riddled by bugs that caused me to glitch the game so I can't continue the story, and then it crashed thrice while playing through the story. A graceful thank-you for the inventor of the auto-save because otherwise I would have had to play this story from the beginning six times instead of three. Yeah, I had to delete the save file thrice because I missed two collectibles and the game counter resets but the collectibles do not if you start a new game off an old save, so if you finish the game but missed a collectible, it'll be inconsistent. The trophy won't pop if you collect 14 feathers in one run and then pick up the last in a second run, you have to actually DELETE YOUR SAVE to reset all of the collectibles, which is ludicrous.

At least this demon is behind me, the worst Artifex Mundi title I have ever played. Even my old account's run of Grim Legends: Forsaken Bride with 23 hours wasn't this bad. :|

1Lf4cd41.png#35 - Day of the Tentacle Remastered (PS4)

OCD: March 14, 2019

Earned in 2 hours, 54 minutes

This was for my Bingo Bonzana event, in the "Redeemed from Playstation Plus" category, as that game was free on PS+ in January 2017. I followed a video guide and got through it pretty well. Remastered by Double Fine, who is still creating games(check out their newest game, RAD, on the Nintendo Switch when it comes out!), and created by LucasArts as a sequel to the old computer game hit, Maniac Mansion, time travel is invoked to try to stop the fiendish Purple Tentacle, who drank toxic waste and became an evil genius, from taking over the world. It's got a lot of PG-rated humor including toilets but it's really funny and the trophies aren't too difficult.

1Lae0928.png#36 - LEGO Jurassic World (PS4)

Life Finds a Way: March 20, 2019

Earned in 2 months, 1 week

Put this in the Bingo Bonanza as "Started but never finished" but I didn't touch it for two months. LEGO games have started to get a bit boring to me, probably because they force you to watch the cutscenes in story mode and you have to complete story mode to get everything else done. Worse, LEGO Jurassic World encompasses all of the Jurassic Park movies and Jurassic World, which I watched the real life version in theaters long ago... and the Indominus Rex was NOT white. :P

I like this game. It's a nice game with huge open worlds encompassing the areas of the four movies but I really got bored after a while. I think they ripped the Velociraptors from this game for LEGO Marvel Superheroes. ;)

1L8d5ad2.png #37 - Peasant Knight

Platinum Peasant: March 20, 2019

Earned in 1 hour, 17 minutes

BadDriver tricked me again. He said this game would only take 15 minutes, but my skill with this type of game is bad and the last level I had to play was a nightmare from the depths of Hades. :(

Basically, your character is an unstoppable runner and you have to either jump or stop his movement to keep him from running into traps and monsters. You have to time his movements and jumps to land safely and get to the goal gate at the end of each level, and you are timed - if you do not get to the goal gate before the timer runs out, you're killed by lightning.

Luckily, it was very cheap and short for the 46 levels you have to complete to get the platinum.

1L051151.png #38 - Eventide 2: Sorcerer's Mirror

Platinum: March 24, 2019

Earned in 2 hours, 12 minutes

1L0db24e.png#39 - Eventide 3: Legacy of Legends

Platinum: March 25, 2019

Earned in 5 hours, 9 minutes

Since I platinumed the first game, might as well platinum the rest of the series. I had to re-purchase this as I deleted the account I had this on. Put Eventide 2 on my second bingo card as "Play as an Anti-hero or Bad Guy" but to be honest, the "moral choices" was not really very poignant as you continued the story the same way no matter whether you gave the lackey a paralyzing potion or a healing one. :P The third game almost got a decent time but I missed one collectible at the end and the game auto-saves so I couldn't go back after the final battle so I had to play the entire game AGAIN. :(

1L472e3f.png#40 - Dragon Quest Builders (PS4)

Perfectionist: March 27, 2019 (early morning, spent all night playing)

Earned in 2 weeks, 4 days

(While it says PS4, that's only to note which version I played. While this is also on the Vita, the trophy list is shared so if you earn all of the trophies on one version, you cannot get another copy of the trophies.)

I decided to finish this and spent all day on March 26 and the start of the 27th(I stayed up all night) getting the rest of the chapters two weeks after finishing Chapter 1. I don't know why I was worried, this game is relaxing. I did die once on Chapter 2 (I got ganged by monsters and dropped to critical health so I couldn't survive the shortcut through the swamp, stupid bodkin bowyers and their poison arrows) and the final chapter(as soon as I got to Tantegal Castle, I risked fighting the bloody hands... AND DISCOVERED THEY CAN ROAR AND SPAWN TROLLS!!!! Everything went south after that :() but the other chapters were deathless although the only chapter I had to get the speed challenge first and then go back for the other challenges was the first one because the time limit is shorter than the others. Overall, this is a great Dragon Quest game which explores an alternate version of the original Dragon Warrior game. ;)

1L6418d7.png #41 - Heroes Trials (PS4)

Platinum Hero: March 28, 2019

Earned in 58 minutes, 7 seconds

I followed a guide to this and put it on the "Adventure" slot of my bingo card as it's a cheap Zelda knock off where you switch between a fighter and a mage which can switch her magic blasts to various elements. Never bothered with the last spell because once I got the final arcane upgrade, the platinum popped. Yep, this is another game where finishing the story is not necessary. In fact, I didn't even tackle the final dungeon. :P

The trophy list is very simple and the only boss I had trouble with was the Bullet Hell boss in the second dungeon but the game is another nice entry distributed by Raitalaika Games.

But I bought this game on PSN and 100%'d it immediately because something else was waiting in the wings and I wasn't putting that game in this slot...

1L773d3c.png#42 - Kingdom Hearts III

"Tell us!"
"All right," said Deep Thought. "The Answer to the Great Question..."
"Yes..!"
"Of Life, the Universe and Everything..." said Deep Thought.
"Yes...!"
"Is..." said Deep Thought, and paused.
"Yes...!"
"Is..."
"Yes...!!!...?"
"Forty-two," said Deep Thought, with infinite majesty and calm.

Fun Fact: This is also the Answer to the Great Question of The Story of Kingdom Hearts. xD (And yes, that was why I didn't platinum it as #41 and bought a cheap game to fill that slot. ;)

KINGDOM HEARTS III Master: March 28, 2019

Earned in 3 weeks, 4 days

Yep, finally my second Kingdom Hearts platinum is earned! I admit that it was easy because, unlike earlier titles, you don't have to play the game on Proud Mode. (There is no Critical Mode as of this writing for this game but it will come in DLC.) It was part of my Spring Backlog Challenge 2019 list and I put it on my bingo card as "Has Gorgeous Vistas" because it's beautiful.

I really enjoyed this game, it is extremely HD, and Riku's new haircut really rocks. As the Super Smash Brothers Ultimate first trailer states, "everybody is here!" Yep, we bring closure to the characters who lost their lives in earlier titles but that's spoiler territory. The Gummi Ship travel was really fun even if the stuff you need to fight for trophies isn't, and the only gripe I had was the Flantastic Seven because the Cherry and Honeydew Melon Flan challenges were so difficult. Also, the Centurion Trophy was the last minigame trophy I completed because it took a while to get into a rhythm of killing robots to keep the score chain up but I eventually got lucky.

This is a very fun game but I strongly suggest you view the Memory Archives if this is your first Kingdom Hearts game as least as you will be confused by some cut-scenes.

1L866daa.png #43 - METAGAL (PS4)

Platinum GAL: March 29, 2019

Earned in 27 minutes, 10 seconds

From an awesome game that took 14 years from concept to finish to... a femme-Mega Man ripoff. :|

And yes, it's another Raitalaika distribution. 80% of my platinums are from that company which has a dog logo on it. :P

Don't get me wrong, it was a nice Mega Man ripoff, but the 11 gold trophies didn't feel very satisfying. If you kill yourself on spikes and in a bottomless pit and watch the opening cutscene, you will get all of the trophies without any trouble once you defeat one GAL. Here is the hope that Dreams, when it comes out in early access on April 16, promotes more creativity. I am really feeling guilty for getting plats in games which don't require you to beat the game.

1Lf83280.png #44 & #45 - Daggerhood (both versions)

Platinum Thief: March 30, 2019 (both versions)

Earned in 34 minutes, 21 seconds (PS4); 28 minutes, 16 seconds (Vita)

I forgot I had 43 platinums already so I ended up platting another Raitalaika game for my 45th. This is a very short platformer where you get trophies for collectibles and time-trials. You only have to complete 12 levels even though the game has 100. The graphics remind me of Devious Dungeon. Also, I screwed up the list and my first PS Vita game, the port of this, was my 45th platinum. Oopsies.

Platinums #46-60

Spoiler

1Sbb221d.png #46 - METAGAL (PS Vita)

1S479f38.png #47 - Heroes Trials (PS Vita)

Nothing more need be said, go check out the PS4 version platinums for my thoughts on these.

1Lf2ed24.png #48 - 36 Fragments of Midnight (PS4)

Platinum Midnight: March 30, 2019

Earned in 29 minutes, 30 seconds

Decided to go back and try this. It was easier than I had thought and I didn't die too many unnecessary times(for trophies). :)

1L668d6e.png#49 & #50 - Mixups by POWGI (both versions)

Mixed Feelings: April 2, 2019

Earned in 1 day and 8 hours (PS4), 1 day and 10 hours (Vita)

I honestly wish this was an April's Fools joke. Sadly, it came a day late. :(

Yep, I have shamed myself with an EZPZ puzzle game from Da Mutt as my landmark #50. This is because all of the games I wanted to put in this spot were already platted(Kingdom Hearts 3, Dragon Quest Builders) and the ones I could have put in were far from 50% trophy complete, so unless I did nothing but play the game, I would have never gotten the plat for any of these games in less than a week. This game was my walk of shame because I bought these games on a whim in order to find anything for a quick and easy plat... and I bought this on Vita and it is a cross-buy. :(

I dunno, maybe I am cursed to be chained to POWGI and his stupid face for all eternity? *sigh* That's my punishment for leaving good games to rot instead of playing them.

1S2caf5b.png #51 - InkSplosion (PS Vita)

Platinum Explosion: April 2, 2019

Earned in 3 hours, 52 minutes

Yep, this again. Much harder on the Vita system as I had forgotten how to shoot. The 100 enemies in Arena Mode was the one that made me rage quit once because the enemies spawn all over the place. Oh well, I am totally done with twin-stick shooters.

1L00c025.png#52 - Pic-a-Pix Classic (Vita)

Pic-of-the-Bunch: April 6, 2019

Earned in 5 days, 16 hours

Yes, I ended up with a Pic-a-Pix game on my account. This was because I downloaded it with Mixups while trying to find some quick and easy and cheap Vita games at the end of March, due to my money drying up. Don't every play these games beyond casual or if you are super good at Picross because I couldn't get through the puzzles past the 5x5 ones without a guide. :(

1L177c17.png#53 - Dragon Seeker (PS4*)

Descendants of Legend: March 6, 2019

Earned in 3 days, 4 hours

I was surprised that I got through this Kemco RPG so swiftly. Then again, I dropped another $15 on DLC that made the game easier for me. I didn't do this until I beat the post-game dungeon, but then one trophy got me knickered, the last one. It's called Enah's Pal and basically requires you to kill a wave of summoned enemies up to ten times. Easy, right? WRONG. The Enah girls summoned by the super secret boss hit like a TRUCK and have a million HP, so if you don't have Prince Abram at 1500+ attack, and you have to use Abram as his Rapid Edge hits 10 times so you do a million HP at max power, you won't one-shot these girls and if you don't do so, they will WRECK YOU. I eventually learned to love the Villager Class's final ability, which boosts your team leader's stats to the max for three turns. Even so, at max level it was still a struggle to get past ten Enahs and I had to grind a lot. :(

This is still a great beer-and-pretzels 8-bitter. It's fun and cliche (save the world from a demon dragon by joining forces with others) and the mechanics(the job class system and the quests you take on to get them) is awesome.

1Ldb9968.png#54 - Bonds of the Skies (Vita*)

Complete Conquest: April 7, 2019

Earned in 4 days, 15 hours

If Dragon Sinker tugged my 8-bit heartstrings, this game tugged my 16-bitter ones. It was GORGEOUS with cool anime images for the main characters. Whoever did those anime images needs to be head-hunted by Square-Enix for their next RPG because my GAWD they are amazing. This game brought me back to my college days playing Final Fantasy III(VIj) and that annoying jester Kefka. It was really cool and the trophies you earn aren't too hard. Did lose a few characters and had to buy the microtransactions to get through the hardest bits but all in all, it doesn't hold your hand and even mashing text, I understood the dialogue. A great game for you who love 16-bit JRPGS. ^_^

1Lc6f427.png #55 & #56 - Super Weekend Mode (both versions)

Platinum Weekend: April 9, 2019 (both versions)

Earned in 15 minutes, 26 seconds (PS4); 7 minutes, 30 seconds (Vita)

And then we have this game. Sadly, it will never beat out the uberness of Jack N Jill DX. xD

This came out a week ago and when I saw a video on how to platinum it, I had to buy it. Luckily, it was only $4.32 with tax and I had saved a ton of money on groceries that week. :D

I did Game Over on Stage 3 and had to redo everything but otherwise it isn't too hard to get all of the trophies. And it's an 8-bit anime shooter where you control two paddles shooting these weird anime characters. The game has more than three stages but you probably don't care about Stage 4. I then did the Vita version and actually played to Stage 6... but somehow I got a lower platinum time, and Super Weekend Mode beat out Jack N Jill DX for my fastest platinum. At least the Vita version. :P

1Lf16eae.png#57 - Dark Cloud

Dungeon Master: April 11th, 2019

Earned in 3 months, 3 weeks

I admit that I only played to the first boss, then saved the game and locked it up for most of the spring. My bad. I guess I got a little too crazy but I did eventually get back to this and completed it. The final boss wiped me the first time because Toan's sword glitched because I had the Broken Dagger glitch equipped to it. Seems the sword's attributes overflowed to 0 and thus I couldn't switch to certain attributes. I also forgot how hard the boss was and didn't stock enough chicken legs to keep healthy. :(

So my 65535 gold dropped to 7357 by two deaths and a bunch of unlucky rings. But it's still a good game. Putting Dark Cloud 2 on my list for a later date, maybe this summer... After I platinum two more RPGs on my bucket list. :P

1Lda6ce1.png#58 - Seasons After Fall

Master of Seasons: April 12, 2019

Earned in 4 hours, 45 minutes

This is one of the platinums I earned for the Songkran event that was posted on the challenges forum. The Songkran event was made to represent the Thai holiday of Songkran, which is basically their New Year's celebration and involves super-soaking everyone in the streets. There are several categories to the event and one was "Movement" because Songkran is Thai for "movement", so the requirement is to play as a fast or agile character... and a spirit fox is the epitome of both.

This is a very nice artistic platformer which involves the seasons of nature and using their power over the environment to reach areas. The music is beautiful orchestral music and you really should play it on a platform even if you don't care about acheivements. I completed this form 0% to 100% while watching someone speedrun the 100% category on it. ^_^

1S0078eb.png#59 - Reverie (Vita)

Tai of New Zealand: April 13, 2019

Earned in 4 days, 2 hours

I downloaded this to get some trophies for an event but it is a very nice Zelda-like adventure. ;)

#60 - Adventures of Mana
The Hero of Mana: April 17, 2019

Earned in 2 weeks, 1 day

Oh. My. Law. So. Many. Elephants. ?

I liked the game and it was a Vita title on the go, remade from the old Gameboy game Final Fantasy Adventure(better than that GBA remake Sword of Mana, oh my how hideous that remake was! :() but the final level grind really stinks. I was constantly distracted by some Yu-Gi-Oh fanfic and it took me three burning the midnight oils to get the final push to Level 99. But I eventually did it. Never again, I don't care how cool the game was. Play it for fun, speedrun it if you want(they are going to speedrun this on RPG Limit Break 2019) but do not think that getting the last trophies will be quick. Also, you can easily miss a bunch of weapons and be at the final stage and have to do a new playthrough to collect everything. *cry*

Platinums #61-75:

Spoiler

1L813f42.pngJackQuest

JackQuest: April 18, 2019

Earned in 22 hours, 41 minutes

This is one of the coolest Metroidlike games I have ever played, but it's pretty brutal. The bosses are pretty deadly if you don't know how to use the sword. You can get a bow but it's not necessary. You also get special attacks but you have to recharge your stuff by getting potions and gems. It's a really short game but I restarted to follow a guide.

1L9e0503.png#62 & #63: Crossovers by POWGI (PS Vita & PS4)

Crossoverachiever:  April 19, 2019 (both)

PS Vita: Earned in 2 hours, 46 minutes

PS4: Earned in 1 day, 11 hours

Once again, this mongrel ruins my life, this time with crossword puzzles :(

I won't bore you with the gist of the puzzles, but the puzzles are all rather short and once you get the trophy for no mistakes, you can just mash buttons until you get all the letters, and then you do a Mixups puzzle to get the word. The funny part is that one puzzle has the letters for a word that is considered lewd. If you spell that word, you get a trophy. ;)

This was the first game I got the Vita version first, because the Vita version is easier as you can use the touch screen to select letters.

1Sc41d30.png#64 - Peasant Knight (Vita)

Platinum Peasant: Earned at April 20, 2019

Earned in 26 minutes, 30 seconds

1Sd9ca40.png #65 - I and Me (Vita)

Awaken from the Dream: Earned on April 23, 2019

Earned in 2 days, 49 minutes

So yeah, Vita stacks of some older platinums. These were cross-buy so I got the Vita versions for free. I didn't want to play them again but eventually I got around to it. I and Me is still hard as nails with all the hedgehog mazes.

1Le66166.png#66 & #67 - Zeroptian Invasion (both versions)

Platinum Invasion: April 28, 2019 (both versions)

Earned in 47 minutes, 33 seconds (Vita); 11 minutes, 42 seconds (PS4)

This is a Space Invaders clone with an actual arcade cabinet. You only have to get to Stage 3, but my lord you have to fight a bunch of Space invaders levels (and a Galaxian level while you're at it but you don't have to kill every alien, you just have to survive 4 waves). I kept dying on the second level because of the boss. If you like Space Invaders, you will love this game.

1S6d07be.png#68 - Little Adventure on the Prairie (Vita)

Big Adventurer: April 29, 2019

Earned in 18 hours, 49 minutes

Yeah, I know I said no more crappy games but I needed an L-game for the first trophy hunting event as it was coming to a close. :(

1L8456eb.png#69 - Bird Game+

Platinum Bird: May 1, 2019

Earned in 52 minutes, 16 seconds

This was an interesting game. You only have to reach the second boss(not fight him) and then get a score of 200 on Endless Mode, which requires fighting one boss. All you do is fly, you don't fight anything except the bosses and even then you just fly about and trick them into hurting themselves. It's a really chill game and if you play it in Dark Mode(which you need to do for one trophy) you can enjoy it a lot. The stenciled art style is pretty interesting.

1Lacd600.png#70 - Modern Tales: Age of Invention

Platinum: May 5, 2019

Earned in 3 hours, 12 minutes

Well, back to Artifex Mundi! What really grinds my gears is that they dropped the single purchase in PSN store so I had to buy a bundle with two games I already got the Platinum on(Eventide 2 and Persian Nights) to get this game. :(

That is a shame as the Modern Tales series is really awesome. Also, you do not need to complete the game on Expert Mode or do the bonus chapter, which I totally did because I felt bad for them including it. But it's a very nice game and deserving of #70.

1L16cf7f.png #71 - Tower of Dragonasia

Dragon Emperor of Dragonasia: May 15, 2019

Earned in 19 minutes, 2 seconds

Yes, I did use the debug code to get most of the trophies, but I played through a little bit of it. It was sort of boring, but hey, it has dragons(really badly made dragons, but dragons!).

1L295ac2.png #72 - The Deadly Tower of Monsters

Laundry List: May 15, 2019

Earned in 1 day, 1 minute

This is one of those tongue-in-cheek games. You don't have to fight the final boss at the end, but you do have to get to the final checkpoint. If you like Mystery Science Theater 3000, this is the game for you. ;)

1S93dd07.png#73 - LEGO Jurassic World (Vita)

Life, uh... finds a way: May 26, 2019

Earned in 2 weeks, 22 hours

My first LEGO Vita game - much shorter than the PS4 version, few places to explore, fewer levels and less stuff to collect...

TOOK LONGER BECAUSE OF THE STUPID 2 BILLION STUD GRIND.

Actually, I only played the first few levels and took a hiatus for 1 week because of, yep, children's card games. :P But I finally finished it, thank goodness. The only LEGO game worth $19.99.

(pic pending) #74 - Warlock's Tower (PS4)

Platinum mailman: May 28, 2018

Earned in 1 hour, 59 minutes

A very simple puzzle game. You're a postman and you have to take a letter of love to the evil warlock at the top of his tower that will kill you after taking footsteps so you have to grab gems to extend your durability. It's a long game but you can use a guide to solve the puzzles.

(pic pending) #75 - Devious Dungeon 2 (PS4)

Platinum Adventurer: May 28,.2018

Earned in 1 week, 4 days

Yep, they made a sequel to the annoying rogue platformer. This time you can choose between one of three classes, some weapons have special effects, there are a ton more enemies and you have to deal with traps like smashing columns and spinning blades. Also, there are now tougher versions of enemies that are wanted monsters and you get a ton of gold coins from defeating them. A little harder since the bosses here are much difficult(and now you have six sets of floors to go through instead of four, but all in all it's still not impossible.

My 100% Non-Platinum Titles:

Spoiler

L097f89.png

#1: Super Kids Racing (completed March 14, 2019)

This was for my Bingo Bonanza 2019 card in order to fulfill the "Sports or Racing" slot, and it is so stupidly easy the Kids it wants to impress are offended. :D The only trophies are for getting a certain number of coins, and once I unlocked the Desert Racing track, I just farmed it for the 200 coins I needed for all four trophies. You don't even have to place first, you  just have to grab coins. This is not Mario Kart, idiot savants. This is a joke. :P But it was either this or Coffin Dodgers, which I'd die rather than play.

L408158.png

#2 - Doodle God (completed April 2, 2019)

I did this for another event by @CSmit180, which is basically just a monthly trophy earning event, and one of the challenges is "Earn a trophy from a platinumless game" so I decided on this game. It's a nice puzzle game which requires you to combine two elements to form a new one. I had 100%'d Doodle Devil, its sequel, and its a pretty decent title if you need to earn some mindless trophies, just follow a guide and you'll get all of the trophies in no time. Just make sure you do not use the hint system, as one trophy requires you to complete all four chapters without using a hint.

L164470.png

#3 - Doodle Devil (completed May 1, 2019)

This was for the second of the trophy hunting events from CSmit180. It's basically the same thing as Doodle God just with a more demonic theme. It's got 190 combos so you have to use a guide to get through them all but otherwise it's okay.

Games I've Played Elsewhere but Given Up On

Spoiler

Unravel: Got to Chapter 2, realized that I didn't like Yarny or his yarn mechanics, deleted and never looked back.

Ginger: Beyond the Crystal: Had an issue with one trophy requiring you to complete a level in under 60 seconds... and you have to be a super platform god to reach all five hives and destroy them in that time.

inFAMOUS Second Son: My religion condones murder and after slaughtering the entire population of Seattle twice in other accounts, my morals decided to just let Dhelsin Rowe rot. I know it's just digital people, but they are so realistic it makes me feel dirty. :(

Any Shantae game except Half-Genie Hero(not the Ultimate Edition): I am not a speedrunning god so I need the bathhouse exploit to buy everything without losing time so I can get 100%. Shantae is a neat character but I think I will pass on Risky's Revenge, I can't get the stupid no-potions-on-final-boss thing because Nega-Shantae kicks my butt. Even if I do plat Half-Genie Hero, I won't get 100% because having to 100% speed all of the DLC, even if it's just linear level running, is a nightmare. Also, I am not interested in trying to exploit so I can get the stupid "Don't let Skye's bird touch her for 60 seconds" trophy. :S

Kingdom Hearts 1.5, 2.5 (PS3): The former because you need to earn each difficulty trophy seperately and screw you, the day I do all of the stories for Sora and Riku in re:Chain of Memories on each difficulty is the day I become a god. The latter because the load times and lag with drives and D-Links are horrible. The full collection on PS4 is my baby forever and is tolerable. I am surprised that my very first account has 98% completion on Kingdom Hearts Final Mix for PS3. I must have been drunk when I did all three playthroughs.

Any LEGO game on PS3: They are all horrible glitch-fests that are so many levels of frustration. LEGO Marvel Superheroes's PS3 version FROZE ON ME FOUR TIMES!!!! PS4 versions are far superior. Even the original exclusives like Indiana Jones are filled with problems. I tried to plat LEGO Indiana Jones 2 but the trophy for getting 100% failed to pop because I didn't do something with the Creator before I finished everything else so I had to redo the entire game from scratch. :(

Gal*Gun Double Peace: It's just... am I the only human man in the universe who is squicked to death by games like this which involve rubbing and fondling young women and making them squeal in erotic ecstasy.

Criminal Girls series: I am not axing these games because of the fact that you have to 'pleasure' female criminals to make them strong and I don't want to be considered a pervert. It's just that... the combat system SUCKS ***. I got a TPK(Game Over in D&D terms, it's short of Total Party KO) so many times on the lower levels because the enemies get really nasty really quick and you cannot direct your characters to fight, they just do random crap and the bosses are BRUTAL. I did platinum the first Criminal Girls on an old account but I don't think I can go through that again.

Uncharted series: Bought the Nathan Drake collection, started through Uncharted 1. Got Brutally Murdered midway through. Threw the games away and never looked back. Especially when I realized that I'd have to do this in the hardest mode and I got wiped in Easy Mode. Not my cup of tea.

Elder Scrolls: Skyrim: Tried to play it on my first account playing as a female Redguard. Got through the first part, realized how much grinding I'd have to do, got bored really quickly. Returned the game. :(

OKAGE: Shadow King: I enjoyed completing the game on PS2. I don't enjoy it now. It's dated and worse, one trophy requires you to farm a boss  until his minions drop a chest, which is really really stupid. You can find these monsters in the final dungeon but their spawn rate is really rare and you can't even see them as the battle icons are ghosts.

Games I Slapped Myself for Buying and Deleted

Spoiler

Sengan Kagura PEACH BEACH SPLASH: I was going to use this for the Songkran event because it is the epitome of Songkran(a festival where you spray people with super-soakers) but realized why I hate this series - it's oversexed babes wearing next to nothing to show off their naked boobs, and it's even worse here because everyone's in bikinis. ? Seriously, am I the ONLY MAN in existence who is embarrassed by these games? I don't mind a nice attractive woman but I'd be more interested in dating Flonne from Disgaea and making love to her rather than some really disgusting oversexy woman with T&A that would make them porn stars. I know it's a Japanese game and Japanese anime and games have weird thoughts about female anatomy and are super-relaxed about sexual appeal, but as an American raised to know that T&A is a prelude to evil sexual orgies, I am really squicked by this. :(

(This is my opinion, and I don't want anyone to misconstrue this as fact. I don't hate women, just women who are so oversexed they could easily seduce an average man into becoming horny as hell.)

Monster Hunter World: I got hyped by the streams of this game where people would go hunt monsters. I got over the hype, especially since I was warned that getting the plat in this would be next to impossible because of the crowns you have to farm. Also, I'm not into the monsters except Rathalos, and only because he's gotten a role in Super Smash Ultimate... which I erased because I ended up not liking Smash Brothers after all. :(

Final Fantasy XV Royal Edition: I only got it because it was on sale, but now that Comrades is a stand-alone game and there is so much stupid DLC that I care nothing about, I realized that I am not really into that game after all. Is it easy to platinum? Maybe. Am I ever gonna try to play it? Nope.

inFAMOUS First Light: I have decided that having to kill people is amoral. Why did I buy a former DLC pack that has you do the same thing as Fetch? I do like Fetch's backstory, but I don't want to play through it. Sorry.

Where the Bees Make Honey: I put this down for an event, then realized that I don't really want to go through a second playthrough of a weird game like this. You can make a save halfway through but you have to back it up on the cloud. :(

Games I Would Love to Try the Platinum For:

Spoiler

Lb5f9e4.png

Persona 5: Now that this game's assets have been included into Super Smash Bros. Ultimate as the first part of the DLC pack, including "Joker" as a playable fighter(DComics called up a plagarism lawsuit for stealing one of its super-villain's names xD), I think it would be sinful to not include this game. This account was supposed to include games mimicking or including games which were part of the SSBU game and, well, now that P5 is part of SSBU, it would be critical to try to 100% this game.

L9ca196.png

Persona 4 Golden(or the new remake): One of the cool things about P5 being in SSBU is that it includes music from the last two games, P3 and P4 and the battle themes for those games are awesome! ^_^ I've tried to platinum P4G a couple of times but the thought of certain trophies was very frustrating. I might go for P4G again, but now that Atlus is hinting at a remake of the original P4 or P4G for the PS4, I might go for that instead depending on what I feel like doing. P4G isn't too expensive and it would be nice to grind out levels while on the bus to my future D&D sessions. :D

The problem I have with these two games are the trophy requiring you to hear the monitor's variety of battle lines until you get 250 unique ones. I feel like Eiko Michiko did when she was fighting for her life in the Venomous Tarns, it seems impossible. But I really do love the later games in the Persona series due to their social link mechanic and using social links to boost your powers.

[Will add more later]

[More to come!]

Edited by SuperSmash5U

Fine, I can leave the forums forever if you guys don't care about me anymore. I'll just post my trophy progress on my blog. I can drop off and never post here again. I'll never visit the forums again if you want me to. Of course, that means I'll have to drop out of all the challenges but if what you say is true, I'll probably abandon them anyways. :P

It's obvious I am not wanted here in these forums anymore. I am surprised I wasn't banned yet.

4 minutes ago, SuperSmash5U said:

Fine, I can leave the forums forever if you guys don't care about me anymore. I'll just post my trophy progress on my blog. I can drop off and never post here again. I'll never visit the forums again if you want me to. Of course, that means I'll have to drop out of all the challenges but if what you say is true, I'll probably abandon them anyways. :P

It's obvious I am not wanted here in these forums anymore. I am surprised I wasn't banned yet.

allllllrighty-then-take-care-nowbye-bye-

• Like 4

36 minutes ago, soultaker655 said:

Wait a minute, we are still doing this Cj stuff? What year is it 2017?

Trolling or not it has gotten sad at this point.

I am just saying Merry Christmas, Troll-la-la-la-la-la-la. And Kent, don't think I can smell the rank farts of sarcasm in your post. :P

To be honest, I don't care about these forums anymore. I am going to post to the threads where I entered challenges and drop out because these forums have gotten boring as hell. I only enjoyed reading the trophy checklists but now that I am a Maplestory whore, I am just going to move to the official Maplestory forum and post there about my adventures with my Angelic Buster, ZoeChloe. I'll put my trophy list on my secret blog and just hack my browser so it will lock me out of these forums for good. (Like that's possible xD)

I am sorry I pissed everyone off and I wish you all good luck in your trophy hunting endeavors. I can still use the main site to track my trophies, unless they have the power to lock my PSNP account.

• 3 weeks later...

popstars.png

Well, after the Holy Hand Grenade of hate posts I got for starting another PSN account, I decided to hide behind MapleSlavery for a while and ended up in the scenario where you take a swig of dirty whiskey in a casino and next thing you know you are naked in a cheap hotel room and don't remember where the hell you are. xD

Yeah, I have no excuse. MapleSlavery has made me forget I own a PS4. :P

I did earn a few platinums but they were cheap and dirty ones and I started LEGO Jurassic World(a disc I bought with my Xmas money, bad move on my part) and Disgaea 5(the other disc I bought with my Xmas money) but I lost interest due to MapleSlavery. I am going to have to put Maple World in timeout for a month so I can get back to trophies. I know you guys don't give a dingo's flipping tail about my life but I just wanted to let everyone know why I have been inactive lately.

My current goal is Kingdom Hearts 50%. With KH3 two weeks away, I need to start earning platinums for the other games. As much as I'd love to get that shiny new Midnight Blue keyblade, I can't justify spending too much money right now as I spent $60 on New Super Mario Bros U Deluxe. :| And I feel bad for neglecting the KH series so I will try to earn a few trophies from each game.

Until then, stay fresh. ;)

• 1 month later...

I've been pretty busy playing Kingdom Hearts and Kingdom Hearts 2 on my PS4. I made a promise to myself to get at least 50% of the trophies in those games at least before unwrapping Kingdom Hearts 3. I had to cut it down from my original plan to 50% the other games because those games take a bit of planning, though I did get 11% on Birth by Sleep Final Mix(halfway through Terra's story in Critical Mode) and 7% in Dream Drop Distance. I have 75% trophy completion on KH1 and 51% on KH2.

Edited by SuperSmash5U

• 1 month later...

I finally platinumed Kingdom Hearts 3 and managed to link my PS Vita so I am starting to knock out any cross-buys. Right now my credit card is pretty dry, only $45 left in it, so I have to wait until next Wednesday to get any more purchases. Still, I have a few old games I need to work on. ;)

Oh, and if you care, I've banished MapleSlavery to the netherworld so I've freed up a few hours. I also got a dental surgery that raped me of the rest of my good windfall from the bank. :( Oh well.

Edited by SuperSmash5U

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for the explanation of the games you played because I had my eye on some of them and now I know better ? I have a real soft spot for puzzle games, but that sometimes leads me to game that are pure garbage/just not that fun to play

• 1 month later...

My heart is just not getting into this trophy hunting thing anymore. With the House of Mario promising more interesting things(Super Mario Maker 2, Candence of Hyrule, etc.) and with Yu-Gi-Oh fanfiction being exciting again, Platinum Trophies needs a new spin on things to make me interested in them again, so I am employing a bouncer to keep out unwanted titles...

Bowser: Let's see... your name is Nioh 2, you're based in ancient Japan with samurai action... hmm, I used to be a samurai in a previous life, sort of inspired my house in Super Mario Odyssey... okay, what's your credentials?

Nioh 2: (hands over resume)

Bowser: Hmmmm... hmmmm... hold up. (Nioh 2 cocks a brow.) Your difficulty is 11/10. You're one of those Souls games, aren't you? (narrows eyes angrily)

Nioh 2: (cusses violently in Japanese)

Bowser: Sorry, bub. We don't DO Souls games here. (whistles and two Sledge Bros escort the screaming Nioh 2 into the streets) NEXT!

(Just a little humor. xD)

Don't get me wrong. I do want to play some of the games like Ni no Kuni 2, Final Fantasy XII TZA, and many more, but it is going to take the will of the gods to get myself to go through them.

Edited by SuperSmash5U

This is my final post in the forums forever. I have to retire from trophy hunting, not by choice. Just minutes ago, a power surge fried my PS4 and my TV so they can't turn on any more. I've tried plugging them into other sockets which were not hit but the light that powers on the PS4 isn't showing and my TV won't turn on no matter how many times I press the power switch.

I guess it was for the best they both died. These devices were over five years old and showing their age. Probably the best for me too: I am no longer enjoying playing Playstation games because I am a completionist and the trophy system ruined my experience with some games. Maybe I should stay with Pokemon and whatnot. At least most of the games I loved on PS4 can be played on Switch, though no more Ni no Kuni.

And I could trophy hunt... but with my Vita's charging dock busted and not charging, all I have is the PS3, and most of the games there are frustration central. I do long Mugen Souls but I am not eager to earn the platinum for that or its sequel.

At the least, I am going to take a long break and just play Pokemon games until I can assess the damage and how much I am going to be in the poorhouse to replace my devices. I have a loving and generous father, but he stated I have to pay for my own games, he's just the taxi service to Best Buy.

*sigh* Karma is a bi***. :(

As such, I won't be updating this thread anymore. Farewell! (And I am asking for this thread to be locked so I don't have to hear negative comments from people who have issues with this message.)

18 minutes ago, SuperSmash5U said:

This is my final post in the forums forever. I have to retire from trophy hunting, not by choice. Just minutes ago, a power surge fried my PS4 and my TV so they can't turn on any more. I've tried plugging them into other sockets which were not hit but the light that powers on the PS4 isn't showing and my TV won't turn on no matter how many times I press the power switch.

I guess it was for the best they both died. These devices were over five years old and showing their age. Probably the best for me too: I am no longer enjoying playing Playstation games because I am a completionist and the trophy system ruined my experience with some games. Maybe I should stay with Pokemon and whatnot. At least most of the games I loved on PS4 can be played on Switch, though no more Ni no Kuni.

And I could trophy hunt... but with my Vita's charging dock busted and not charging, all I have is the PS3, and most of the games there are frustration central. I do long Mugen Souls but I am not eager to earn the platinum for that or its sequel.

At the least, I am going to take a long break and just play Pokemon games until I can assess the damage and how much I am going to be in the poorhouse to replace my devices. I have a loving and generous father, but he stated I have to pay for my own games, he's just the taxi service to Best Buy.

*sigh* Karma is a bi***. :(

As such, I won't be updating this thread anymore. Farewell! (And I am asking for this thread to be locked so I don't have to hear negative comments from people who have issues with this message.)

Sorry to hear that. Hopefully you have homeowners insurance so you can make a claim on it

By the way, you can lock the thread yourself if you click the moderate actions button on the first post

Edited by SnowxSakura

Good news, I got a new PS4 thanks to my dad ordering one online. I owe me $300 as it's a newly minted PS4, probably a PS4 Slim.

Bad news - I can't transfer anything from my old PS4 because it's, well, fried. That means I lost all of my save data and I'd have to play through all my games again, which is painful for my Kingdom Hearts progress and sets me back years. So I am just shutting this thread down for good and working on a new account. I am not going to tell anyone what this new account is because I don't intend to be participating in any community events on this new account except privately. I'm sorry, everyone. I hope you all enjoy E3 and the PS4 games coming out, including a remaster of the original Ni no Kuni for PS4 and a plain port for the Nintendo Switch. Farewell for good this time. :(