Will Sony ban trophy cheaters?

llDownpour

39 minutes ago, Nitro said:

IIRC, they started hacking them in 2016

Yup, and the ps3 for many years. I'll take a guess that the Vita is there now?

Also though, does it really matter to us if it doesn't matter to Sony? If it's obvious to us then that's all that matters. Would we even have trophies if achievements never existed? I doubt it and we would still have action replay/Gamesharks for fun.

Edited by Z1MZUM

If it doesn't affect them financially, I don't see why they would care. Only thing I can can see people getting banned for is cheating in online games, but that's mostly up to the developers of the given game and they would probably just be banned from that game. 

Anyway, it's not something I give much thought to. I don't think enough people do it that it really affects the PSN rarity of trophies. I'm glad this site makes an effort to remove cheaters from leaderboards and not have them counted toward all the statistics. I pay way more attention to the rarities on here rather than the actual PSN numbers anyway.

2 hours ago, Z1MZUM said:

Yup, and the ps3 for many years. I'll take a guess that the Vita is there now?

Also though, does it really matter to us if it doesn't matter to Sony? If it's obvious to us then that's all that matters. Would we even have trophies if achievements never existed? I doubt it and we would still have action replay/Gamesharks for fun.

Yup. Vita has been hacked for about the same time as PS4.

4 hours ago, Armored Squirrel said:

So I'm guessing you're Darkette's friend? Wait does this mean trophy hacking is online now? Wtf???

I don’t know who this dude is, like I said, my friend associates with them. Didn’t say he himself hacks. Please stop assuming things :)?

• 1 month later...
On 12/26/2018 at 9:48 PM, Armored Squirrel said:

He most likely just used gamesaves and bought syncs from trophy shops. It's impossible to hack trophies online. 

Because they don't, and you made that up?

its not impossible trophy hacking is a real thing and can easily show anyone

• Like 1

sony can catch hackers easily with the latest yearly app they created which shows how many hours you played per day and which is the longest game etc

so if a game is 200hours long and it took you 2 mins to hack the trophies that app will definitely show it..

i just wish they made it public instead of private use per person

but they wont ban hackers unless they can catch them logging in using a JB console

• Like 2

On 12/28/2018 at 0:43 AM, BG_painter said:

Okay, no need to doxx these ppl names in here, but REPORT these trophies okay?

Uh, yeah, that's not doxxing. Displaying one's gamertag is not the same as publicizing personal identification such as their name/address. 

4 hours ago, MRTheChez said:

If people need to cheat, tell me what is the point to even play a game?

To have fun.

3 hours ago, MRTheChez said:

And then enter a leaderboard? What's the point of that. 

People who cheat rather openly likely don't care about the leaderboard. In that case, I wouldn't say they "cheated" anything or anyone; they just cheesed the system for digital timestamps to...look cool?

Edited by TheLakota

PS4 trophy modding/hacking has been a thing for a few years now.  PSNP just wants to keep it quiet and will remove all links because of their precious 'leaderboard'.  They really do not want members from this site associating with other websites/groups.  You'll need to do your own research if you wanna look into it further.  Honestly in my opinion it would not be worth it financially to risk your PS4 from breaking from using different firmwares, etc.  No need to burn your money and time like that.  Most of these people have money to waste and just do it for a hobby to learn technology and try to find ways to work around restrictions.  They tinker because it drives them, that is what they enjoy.  To each his own. 

Edited by DARKB1KE

34 minutes ago, DARKB1KE said:

PS4 trophy modding/hacking has been a thing for a few years now.  PSNP just wants to keep it quiet and will remove all links because of their precious 'leaderboard'.  They really do not want members from this site associating with other websites/groups.  You'll need to do your own research if you wanna look into it further.  Honestly in my opinion it would not be worth it financially to risk your PS4 from breaking from using different firmwares, etc.  No need to burn your money and time like that.  Most of these people have money to waste and just do it for a hobby to learn technology and try to find ways to work around restrictions.  They tinker because it drives them, that is what they enjoy.  To each his own. 

The bold is more true than most people realize I think. I've met hundreds of hackers across numerous games from Myspace and Facebook that used the games on those platforms to learn and further their knowledge. 

• Like 1

If you've been a gamer for decades then it feels as if trophies and achievements are the only two things that have slowed down piracy. It's not like we all meet up to swap discs any more or install a mod chip for a friend. I think the only people who get upset about this haven't lived through many game generations, I really don't care who cheats or fakes their account. This is what makes PSNP such a special place to exist in my opinion. It's not like there's some gaming god out there that monitors our gaming habits and denounces or rewards us. Psnp doesn't hide anything from us but does create a community of gamers with similar interests.